ADVERTISEMENT

Is it true that coach Appel is retiring?

And how exactly are they tainted should i tell my boy to throw his ring in the river because dunbar got beat by the team that they defeated to earn the championship come on let's hear some more of your bullshit
No, he can keep it. As a reminder that someone else had to beat Dunbar for them.

1A state titles are great, until FH wins 4 in a row.

I'm sure if Alco won a softball state title, if Mtn Ridge won a soccer title it would be pure greatness.

Congrats to the Southern girls hoops team on your sham of a 1A title. I'm being sarcastic. Bunch a blue belly winers. Just because your school can't obtain one doesn't mean they are worthless.
Really, hell 2A titles were meaningless when Alco was winning them, but now were gonna act like 1A is important after FH finally finds success.

Funny that the triggered Sentinel justice warrior is calling others whiney. That's gold.

And just because your team finally learned how to win them at the weakest level of competition, doesnt make them important.

What would the blue belly say if alco beat Douglass who beat Dunbar for the title? Lol. We will never know lol

What would the blue belly say if alco beat Douglass who beat Dunbar for the title? Lol. We will never know lol
We now what the red rats said when Allegany beat Snow Hill, which beat Dunbar, for the title. Lol.
I guess that was different, huh?

No, he can keep it. As a reminder that someone else had to beat Dunbar for them.
Again, so its Fort Hills fault that Dunbar couldnt make it to the dance? The fact that Dunbar wasnt good enough to get to the title game should taint the Title win? Got it that makes perfect sense

Again, so its Fort Hills fault that Dunbar couldnt make it to the dance? The fact that Dunbar wasnt good enough to get to the title game should taint the Title win? Got it that makes perfect sense
Again, it was someone else having to do it for FH.
And how many years ago was it that Allegany beat Dunbar, Fort Hill beat Allegany, but Fort Hill couldn't beat Dunbar? Two?
Kind of shoots down your transitive property of high school football.
Why shouldn't it taint it? How many people have said a loss at Homecoming would taint a title?

It's all you have. What you should be hoping for is scoring a point in the HC game. Start there and then build up to the clock not running.

It's all you have. What you should be hoping for is scoring a point in the HC game. Start there and then build up to the clock not running.
That's more than you. Try remembering you dont play (obviously weren't any good if you did). Then try to realize how sad it is that you get riled up just because I dont bow to the non-existent shrine you think sits at the top of the stairs at Greenway.

We now what the red rats said when Allegany beat Snow Hill, which beat Dunbar, for the title. Lol.
I guess that was different, huh?

Well... the red-jackets actually said that Snow Hill was a nobody except for one running back as I recall.

See, we are getting closer to dropping FH from the regular schedule. We are post-Robinette with a weak bench. All we need is a continuance of chant and score. Really, the schools don't need each other anymore.

As I read this thread, one thing comes to mind:

“The definition of insanity is doing [saying] the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.”
-Often-times credited to Albert Einstein

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Instead of discussion on how their team can improve and better compete with Fort Hill we have some blue posters who now are living vicariously through Dunbar. Sad...
Says the guy who resides under the jock straps at the bottom of the hamper in the Fort Hill locker room.

No no ma'am. I just chime in to make sense of this obvious envy from some.of you unenthusiastic alco posters

Instead of discussion on how their team can improve and better compete with Fort Hill we have some blue posters who now are living vicariously through Dunbar. Sad...

Why would anybody discuss with you or any red-jacket how to self improve? Improvement is not learning how to live with riding the bench even though you have an offer from Delaware State. Improvement is not learning how to continue to play for a coach that talks publicly about your grades. Improvement is not learning that playing is not playing but simply belonging in order to get a gimme ring in little 1A.

Fact is, the only vicarious living around here is done by those red-jackets that played and lost and are now living vicariously through the Toddy 1A ring chimera.

Play 10 and hit the books, says I.

As I read this thread, one thing comes to mind:

“The definition of insanity is doing [saying] the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.”
-Often-times credited to Albert Einstein

I started saying that when they stopped taking care of historic buildings in Cumberland and then put in the overhead bridge. It wasn't even worth repeating after they put the first prison in. So, your line is not really Allegany specific at all.

No no ma'am. I just chime in to make sense of this obvious envy from some.of you unenthusiastic alco posters
It's the only thing in your life. We get it. You just cant stand the idea that anyone thinks that the sun doesnt rise and set on the FH football program.
Stay sad, bro.

No i don't but I bet you're dad was pissed that you didn't have your picture on the back of a milk carton
Yes, you do, and you know that's still better than the coach constantly staring at the back of your sons head in his office after practice.
Is that how you taught him to get ahead?

I started saying that when they stopped taking care of historic buildings in Cumberland and then put in the overhead bridge. It wasn't even worth repeating after they put the first prison in. So, your line is not really Allegany specific at all.

Oh, to be so self-absorbed...

Who said anything about the statement being specific to Allegany?

I will say, however, you and others from both sides of the fence continue to repeat yourselves as if you’re going to change someone’s mind.

I mean, seriously, how many times and/or ways can someone say one team has a deep bench in which college recruited players are not given quality playing time, that one team has consistently won 1A state championships except when the same team plays Dunbar in the finals, FHHS has beaten AHS during the last X amount of Homecoming games - a game that should not be played any more because it is no longer competitive, FHHS coaches and players work harder, etc.?

Hardly anything more or less has been said in 8 pages of opinion.

Reminds me of the movie “Groundhog Day,” too. Same stuff - different day.

Yes, you do, and you know that's still better than the coach constantly staring at the back of your sons head in his office after practice.
Is that how you taught him to get ahead?
Seriously your mind is ****ED UP

For the love of God, 8 pages of this blabber and not a one of you has corrected Lags as he keeps talking about Dunbar going to Joppatowne to grab Tavon Austin...lol.

Lags, you’re confusing two totally different Dunbar storylines which are a few years apart. Tavon is Tavon, all Dunbar all the time. A few years later, Dunbar grabbed EPE HENRIQUES from Joppatowne.

Might seem like a small thing, but the devil is in the details, and you keep repeating it.

Last edited:
For the love of God, 8 pages of this blabber and not a one of you has corrected Lags as he keeps talking about Dunbar going to Joppatowne to grab Tavon Austin...lol.

Lags, you’re confusing two totally different Dunbar storylines which are a few years apart. Tavon is Tavon, all Dunbar all the time. About 10 years later, Dunbar grabbed EPE HENRIQUES from Joppatowne.

Might seem like a small thing, but the devil is in the details, and you keep repeating it.

Hey thanks! I know Dunbar grabbed one star player from Joppatowne. Henceforth I will be accurate and I owe it to you.

Oh, to be so self-absorbed...

Who said anything about the statement being specific to Allegany?

I will say, however, you and others from both sides of the fence continue to repeat yourselves as if you’re going to change someone’s mind.

I mean, seriously, how many times and/or ways can someone say one team has a deep bench in which college recruited players are not given quality playing time, that one team has consistently won 1A state championships except when the same team plays Dunbar in the finals, FHHS has beaten AHS during the last X amount of Homecoming games - a game that should not be played any more because it is no longer competitive, FHHS coaches and players work harder, etc.?

Hardly anything more or less has been said in 8 pages of opinion.

Reminds me of the movie “Groundhog Day,” too. Same stuff - different day.

Yes it is. Isn't it. Been a boring few days sans the 4th. There's been a few decent takeaways but mostly not.

I hope Dunbar is good enough to make it the championship game. Last year they didn’t. Take a guess who won. Lol

Says the guy who resides under the jock straps at the bottom of the hamper in the Fort Hill locker room.

Why would anybody discuss with you or any red-jacket how to self improve? Improvement is not learning how to live with riding the bench even though you have an offer from Delaware State. Improvement is not learning how to continue to play for a coach that talks publicly about your grades. Improvement is not learning that playing is not playing but simply belonging in order to get a gimme ring in little 1A.

Fact is, the only vicarious living around here is done by those red-jackets that played and lost and are now living vicariously through the Toddy 1A ring chimera.

Play 10 and hit the books, says I.

Like I was saying...

Like I was saying...

Yes, you were trying to 'say' and shown that it is you that lives vicariously. It is the sea of red-jackets that sit in the stands and board the buses to away games that feel redemption for their earlier championship failures, finally realized in 1A by the current FH teams.

How can any Alco grad live vicariously when they never even show up for the games. Get frickin' real. Or Dunbar? A Baltimore school that Alco recently beat? Get real.

The red-jackets are the quintessential example of living vicariously through children. In fact, they should update Wikipedia.

318 posts on this thread.....I think every man has had their say....good comments all around.....why don't we stick a fork in it and call it a day on this one?

Reactions: ConeyIsland
318 posts on this thread.....I think every man has had their say....good comments all around.....why don't we stick a fork in it and call it a day on this one?

How many threads get over 5 thousand views. It's kind of a command performance, as it were. I don't mind continuing if we can keep it out of the gutter and for each comment there is some rationale, not just a three word retort or other.

Either way it's fine with me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT