ADVERTISEMENT

Is it true that coach Appel is retiring?

Maybe not but not as sick minded as your ****ing buddy. Must be a north end thing to promote that kinda shit.

Not my buddy. Gone round and round with said individual myself in the past. It sinks quickly and so is best never to get personal or sucked into same. That was the gist of my comment.

I try to be as neutral as I can. I will give someone grief and weeks later 'like' their posts. And, as I did recently, if I find that I misread something I try to correct it.

Reactions: RedPride97
Maybe not but not as sick minded as your ****ing buddy. Must be a north end thing to promote that kinda shit.
Poor little Sentinel Justice Keyboard Warrior. Why does the po' side of town always play the victim? I guess it's that pride they talk about.

Poor little Sentinel Justice Keyboard Warrior. Why does the po' side of town always play the victim? I guess it's that pride they talk about.
To say such things about a kid you need help. Say that shit to my face you'll need the ICU

To say such things about a kid you need help. Say that shit to my face you'll need the ICU
Because I'll get your STD-tainted blood on me from stomping the shit out of you. Make sure your son is there so he can see you at your lowest.

So why complain about teams like Northern and Southern when they dont play FH? Are you also saying FH and Alco shouldn't play each other in the regular season?
absolutely not, it's too one sided, it's not a fair fight.

Consider the consensus in this forum when Dunbar dropped to 1A: we called Dunbar the Baltimore All Stars. Their response was that most all of their varsity, except for a very few, came up from their JV. They also said they had great coaching and great enthusiasm for their program. All of the aforementioned is no doubt true.

However, those posting in Dunbar's support, claimed that they achieved success solely through 'hard work' and a 'desire for excellence', which if FH did the same then FH would be equal to Dunbar.

That is where the mindset shifts particularly when a school, same number of players on the bench, drops down to a lower classification and becomes an almost unstoppable powerhouse. Dunbar would never admit that in 1A, one or two players can make all the difference (well, hell they can at any level really). Dunbar would never admit that the Baltimore area had been funneling talent to them for years and years. I contend this is exactly the mindset of FH - now that they (and not Dunbar) have a full bench of talent in a lower classification.

Here are some of my statements:
...it is quite numerically possible to have significantly greater numbers in one geographic location than another.

Either more athletes come from that side of town or their parents put them in that program regardless of demographics.

So, Dunbar got most of its talent local (Baltimore) and early (JV). FH's dynamic is similar but generational for smaller Cumberland: the results were the same. Again, I contend that strictly 'hard work' and 'enthusiasm' is but a fractional part compared to talent and numbers.

Finally, consider that Allegany's JV and Varsity didn't score a point on FH last year - or so my quick research showed me. The talent and depth between the schools is staggering. Am I sad the way things turned out... well sure.

My 'displeasure' comes from a continuance of thought that all Alco needs is a better 'booster club' or a new coach... or a bright new talented staff to meet 'n greet the middle schoolers. There is a virtual promise across town for a championship game and a ring... and that promise is multiple years long now. Families have already moved or the funneling of talent is too set for a change.

I know I am a voice 'crying in the wilderness' but all I keep posting about is the desire to let Alco find whatever balance remains of their program. Let FH continue on its path, which is one of the only shining stars in the city. Stop the travesty for homecoming. The way it is going it is going to be an ugly black mark of a day rather than a continuing tradition.
Sounds on point, Fairmont has that problem as well.. sure many other towns have this issue too.. but can it be stopped?? Or is east Fairmont allegany and every other little town in America doomed to consolidating? Or just jumping ship to the other side of town to play football..
Just like I said... when FH is good it's hard work and coaching, not talent and speed, but when somebody is better than FH its talent and speed, not hard work and coaching.
Lol that's because hard work is usually what makes fh good! It's not the super talent that's for sure, talent is thin in Cumberland.. just saying that's what keeps either Cumberland high school in it,not just fh... but yes fh can be out worked (perryville imo) just not often... alco tho has to work harder to beat fh these days for their lack of talent or bench.. not tryna argue with you about it, I agree with what your saying and I will admit that.. just saying that's why you hear it from fh grads "we work really hard!" Well its cus they do..

Lol that's because hard work is usually what makes fh good! It's not the super talent that's for sure, talent is thin in Cumberland.. just saying that's what keeps either Cumberland high school in it,not just fh... but yes fh can be out worked (perryville imo) just not often... alco tho has to work harder to beat fh these days for their lack of talent or bench.. not tryna argue with you about it, I agree with what your saying and I will admit that.. just saying that's why you hear it from fh grads "we work really hard!" Well its cus they do..

Ha, talk about walking right into something and contradicting yourself.... I agree with you, but you're wrong.

Lol!

No not wrong... you asked why.. I told you, right? That's why they tell you hard work... agree with what you said just answering

Ha, talk about walking right into something and contradicting yourself.... I agree with you, but you're wrong.

I took it you needed to hear a fort hill grad say fh could be out worked, yea sure they can.. they can also have a Dunbar bugaboo. They could pick up all the talent in Cumberland... everybody h as some sort of merit both ways.. biased as I am I'll admit they are far from perfect but at the end of all of us arguing and politicking fh is still best team in town and is 1a champ till Dunbar beats them... day after alco or Dunbar beats them I'll admit their number 2.. just saying

Sounds on point, Fairmont has that problem as well.. sure many other towns have this issue too.. but can it be stopped?? Or is east Fairmont allegany and every other little town in America doomed to consolidating? Or just jumping ship to the other side of town to play football..

First of all, very nice post. A good read for sure.

alco tho has to work harder to beat fh these days for their lack of talent or bench.

I think this is the fine point of this entire thread. My perspective is that you cannot work hard enough to overcome greater talent and a deeper bench in football. Allegany goes into homecoming with 9 young men playing both ways. Fort Hill can sub its line with starters. Add to that fact that FH actually has a greater number of better athletes and you get a 38 to nothing game.

Nobody from Alco (as far as I can tell) has ever suggested FH doesn't work hard or isn't well coached. But this is not the difference between the schools. When you consider that Allegany does more with less, the Campers surely work as hard and are just as well coached.

I see no catalyst for a change in Cumberland high school football. Unless they change the numbers and drop down some 2A schools I see FH on an indefinite run in the championship game. I see FH beating Dunbar. Last year Dunbar was very beatable.

Hansel is a cheerleader for his players. He takes personal responsibility for how his team performs. He is knowledgeable and does the best with what he has. Hansel challenges his team each year (scheduled Dunbar) and this year it's Lackey.

Let Allegany be Allegany and let FH be FH. The history, tradition and whatever was before when things were competitive are gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
No not wrong... you asked why.. I told you, right? That's why they tell you hard work... agree with what you said just answering

Lol, most of the kids in the state are working hard. You don't think the Capitol Christian kids are working hard? But when you only have 13 players it's difficult to win no matter how hard you work.

Ok you are right about the L comment. As for Appel, he made a mistake when he had the meltdown. Do you want judged on a bad day? I sure don't. I am a FH grad, I grew up right next to the place. My son graduated this year. It was a great year. I know FH is not a state powerhouse. Probably a top 30 last year. But 1 of 2 1A powerhouses. That's it. I for one would love to see a strong allegany football program. I love the HC experience. Remember, I grew up in it. It was fun then. You are right, it is not that anymore. Sad to say.

This is a very fair and accurate post by a FH supporter

Not to keep this monster going, but Lags, my response to you a few pages ago didn't post properly, either due to formatting or to me just not replying the right way. Anyway, I thought we were on a good topic there with the fundamental issues are with Alco, which is, how do we rebuild the program?

First of all, thank you for saying my heart is in the right place.

Lest I be misunderstood, I believe Allegany is scheduling to their level of competition but should drop FH because the rivalry is over. I never suggested we needed to schedule Hancock... yet.

But rebuild? Rebuild with what? Sell what to whom? Are our middle schools growing in population? Do we just need to get some qualified staff guys down there to greet the new influx before FH snags 'em with promises of a 1A championship ring?

It's not about population, because we have a comparable student enrollment to FH. It's about generating more interest in the program - getting more kids to play at the lower levels. So the answer is, you rebuild with kids. You sell all the positives of football to kids to generate interest, get them to buy in and engage.

I have stated my case in previous posts. There are only so many athletes and they are accounted for. Using what FH did 10 years ago as an example of the situation today is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

You can build all the strong piping you want. It is the amount of water running through it that matters. And each year there is less of that.
Exactly, see above. You increase the amount of "water", as you say.

Hansel comes in and boldly schedules Dunbar... and wins because he had the talent. The talent is shrinking. I think anyone can see that. At this point you should ask yourself who in the hell would want the damn job when soon you are going to be playing pure ironman football.

And you say my sense of reality is miles away? Yes, because it wasn't just talent that beat Dunbar. It was also scheme. Not sure if you've noticed, but for the past few decades, both teams have run a primarily Wing T-based offense because it's a system that is unique and allows teams like ours to compete against others who have those higher enrollments (water). You're a military guy..... why don't Army, Navy and Air Force all run the spread/air raid schemes that a ton of other colleges run?

Anyhow, I know your heart is also in the right place too.

It's not about population, because we have a comparable student enrollment to FH. It's about generating more interest in the program - getting more kids to play at the lower levels. So the answer is, you rebuild with kids. You sell all the positives of football to kids to generate interest, get them to buy in and engage.

Here is where we greatly differ. To suggest that there are an equal number of available (football) athletes at Allegany that aren't playing football, to me, is absurd. As I posted before: whether by demographics or families moving, or simply by funneling at the middle school level, Fort Hill is getting the bulk of the football talent. You cannot manufacture something from nothing. Sending a bright new staff down to the middle schools will not change the number of players that are there.

As it has been posted (and I remember also) that this year's Alco juniors defeated FH's JV team when they played as JV's. So, when the talent is there obviously the coaching is there. Obviously too, Allegany can put a viable team on the field when they have the talent. What Allegany has lacked for years now is depth of talent.

So, everything is in place at Allegany when they have the numbers. More male bodies is insignificant. More athletes is everything. More kids didn't give FH both a talented offensive and defensive line: more talented kids did. I don't see why this isn't blatantly obvious since they go on the field every game. (As compared to Allegany's smaller numbers that go on the field every game.)

Besides, a hundred or even two hundred students more or less is insignificant. A hundred more athletes is everything and those extra athletes would not change a 'comparable student enrollment' - sorry.

Look across the field at homecoming and note the stark difference. It boggles my mind that one would think that a sales job in middle school would change that. Kids are not pottery that you 'build' by spinning a wheel or give a sales pitch to. By middle school everybody knows who the athletes are and now we know where most of the football athletes are going... and it ain't Alco.

It is so tired and old to read the same old claptrap that Allegany just needs to work harder or get more involved. They do work hard. They get more with less.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
At the level before Allegany, which is Braddock they have a good soccer program instead of football. They have two good soccer teams, including the best soccer team in the area. Are athletes on the north and west side now interested in soccer rather than football?

At the level before Allegany, which is Braddock they have a good soccer program instead of football. They have two good soccer teams, including the best soccer team in the area. Are athletes on the north and west side now interested in soccer rather than football?

I am just guessing but Cumberland is not a hotbed of soccer. Kids that can't handle football can certainly play soccer. Anybody can play soccer to a degree, but not everybody can take getting hit carrying a football. The prestige of football in Cumberland is still king.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Alco has been winning recently in soccer, basketball and baseball. Are there any theories about that?

In football I think it's a matter of FH simply being dedicated to football, they work hard and the players buy in to the system. And like Lag has mentioned the kids want a ring - all good programs tend to recruit for themselves (please be clear I'm not saying the coaches or anybody at FH are actively recruiting). They also benefitted from the ineffectiveness of the previous admin at Alco, and other socio-geographic reasons. For example, there are no private or charter school options in the area. Middletown just lost to good players who transferred to Good Counsel. After BW shut the football program down that's not an issue. Dunbar benefits for these types of reasons also. With the influx of small charter schools in Baltimore that don't play football, it seems like they are getting all those kids who do want to play.

I am just guessing but Cumberland is not a hotbed of soccer. Kids that can't handle football can certainly play soccer. Anybody can play soccer to a degree, but not everybody can take getting hit carrying a football. The prestige of football in Cumberland is still king.
Sorry, not saying soccer is tough, but I'll take a few earhole hits anyday over running constantly back and forth with show little to for it scorewise.
I know many football players that would have died on the soccer field from all the running.

Last edited:
Reactions: hbpass2
Lol, most of the kids in the state are working hard. You don't think the Capitol Christian kids are working hard? But when you only have 13 players it's difficult to win no matter how hard you work.
Oh no doubt, 13 hard working kids will have a hard time anyday beating a team like fh.. my point was that you will hear fh peeps thank hard work more than thank their talent filled team after a big win.. mainly because we all know there's not alot of super talented kids,talented yes D1 talented not so much.. what I would really love to know tho who is fh playing this year and I'm assuming coach apple will be back for 2019?? If anyone knows plz let us know... and how bout the quad? Little over a month away, whos going to be there??

Sorry, not saying soccer is tough, but I'll take a few earhole hits anyday over running constantly back and forth with show little to show for it scorewise.
I know many football players that would have died on the soccer field from all the running.

Very valid point, especially for the 'big uglies' who try to haul a heavy ass after a mobile quarterback. But at Alco for instance, where you have the bulk of the players playing both offense and defense, they are generally in shape to at least run while wearing equipment soccer players do not have to carry.

I see kids running cross county on the trail I jog and you could no doubt knock them over with feather.... but they can run and run.

Incidentally, I am not demeaning soccer at higher levels. I understand there are more concussions from soccer than football. I guess it's from heading the ball and such.

Very valid point, especially for the 'big uglies' who try to haul a heavy ass after a mobile quarterback. But at Alco for instance, where you have the bulk of the players playing both offense and defense, they are generally in shape to at least run while wearing equipment soccer players do not have to carry.

I see kids running cross county on the trail I jog and you could no doubt knock them over with feather.... but they can run and run.

Incidentally, I am not demeaning soccer at higher levels. I understand there are more concussions from soccer than football. I guess it's from heading the ball and such.
Headers and headbutts...lol.. why I'm so stupid...lmao...it hurts yea.. but it's not football by any means... kinda like apples and oranges tho.. hard to compare the two but football def for the more physical.. imo best soccer midfielder probably lines up at DB on a football field..

A few years ago they started flag football in the area for 5 year olds, the main reason is because kids could start soccer at that age instead of waiting until they were old enough for football and they were losing the kids to soccer. Soccer actually has a following at Braddock Middle school because they have a winning program. Kids are talking and interested in what’s happening with the soccer team instead of the football team

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Alco has been winning recently in soccer, basketball and baseball. Are there any theories about that?

In football I think it's a matter of FH simply being dedicated to football, they work hard and the players buy in to the system. And like Lag has mentioned the kids want a ring - all good programs tend to recruit for themselves (please be clear I'm not saying the coaches or anybody at FH are actively recruiting). They also benefitted from the ineffectiveness of the previous admin at Alco, and other socio-geographic reasons. For example, there are no private or charter school options in the area. Middletown just lost to good players who transferred to Good Counsel. After BW shut the football program down that's not an issue. Dunbar benefits for these types of reasons also. With the influx of small charter schools in Baltimore that don't play football, it seems like they are getting all those kids who do want to play.

Alco has been winning recently in soccer, basketball and baseball.

Bratton, I believe, got a baseball scholarship. He was the quarterback that helped beat Dunbar. Passed for 100 yards and one touchdown in the game. I sure hope Allegany has someone this year.

A few years ago they started flag football in the area for 5 year olds, the main reason is because kids could start soccer at that age instead of waiting until they were old enough for football and they were losing the kids to soccer. Soccer actually has a following at Braddock Middle school because they have a winning program. Kids are talking and interested in what’s happening with the soccer team instead of the football team

What dominates American sports other than baseball and football... and to a lesser degree basketball.... and pockets of hockey. Where the hell is soccer?

Other than the current women's soccer notoriety (mainly because of politics) what kid or adult chatter is about soccer? Other than a parent pushing a kid into doing something besides texting or online gaming... what popularity is soccer?

When a young man gets to high school do the girls want to date the big soccer star?

I get it though... some parents no longer want their child to play football. But in Cumberland, I still contend they will play football if they can.... mostly at Fort Hill.

Here is where we greatly differ. To suggest that there are an equal number of available (football) athletes at Allegany that aren't playing football, to me, is absurd. As I posted before: whether by demographics or families moving, or simply by funneling at the middle school level, Fort Hill is getting the bulk of the football talent. You cannot manufacture something from nothing. Sending a bright new staff down to the middle schools will not change the number of players that are there.

As it has been posted (and I remember also) that this year's Alco juniors defeated FH's JV team when they played as JV's. So, when the talent is there obviously the coaching is there. Obviously too, Allegany can put a viable team on the field when they have the talent. What Allegany has lacked for years now is depth of talent.

So, everything is in place at Allegany when they have the numbers. More male bodies is insignificant. More athletes is everything. More kids didn't give FH both a talented offensive and defensive line: more talented kids did. I don't see why this isn't blatantly obvious since they go on the field every game. (As compared to Allegany's smaller numbers that go on the field every game.)

Besides, a hundred or even two hundred students more or less is insignificant. A hundred more athletes is everything and those extra athletes would not change a 'comparable student enrollment' - sorry.

Look across the field at homecoming and note the stark difference. It boggles my mind that one would think that a sales job in middle school would change that. Kids are not pottery that you 'build' by spinning a wheel or give a sales pitch to. By middle school everybody knows who the athletes are and now we know where most of the football athletes are going... and it ain't Alco.

It is so tired and old to read the same old claptrap that Allegany just needs to work harder or get more involved. They do work hard. They get more with less.

I'm sure you're a successful guy in whatever you've done for your career... but whatever that was, it doesn't translate to the discussion here. The only thing you and I agree on is that Allegany has lacked depth of talent for years now. If their starting QB or FB goes down, that drastically alters the rest of their season. If FH loses a FB or another key player, chances are because of their depth, they can reload at that position and still make a playoff run.

But If there is an emphasis put on football at the pee wee and youth levels, then those kids can begin developing at younger ages both individually and as teams. By the time the Hunters, Lions and Eagles all get to Braddock, then they have another 2-3 years to continue developing. And by the time they all get to Alco, they have a lot of familiarity with each other, their football skills have developed some, and the coaches have something to work with.

FH absolutely has talent, no question. But the vast majority of the people on this board have all agreed that FH has had the success they've had because of 2 reasons:
1 - how well organized and run their program is
2 - the consistent pipeline of actively engaged kids that they get every year coming into the program as freshmen

It's simple odds, brother. Either everyone else on the board is wrong, or you're wrong.

I didnt think you were demeaning anyone. You seem to be of the mind that as long as the student is involved, its positive. Which I completely agree with. You arent one to speak in complete absolutes (yes, redundant).

Weve also all seen the fairly little guy with no fear tackle the much bigger guy carrying the ball, but in general, you're right.

I think it's more to do with the sport. Each has it's own definition of being in shape. We did everything we could not to puke during basketball tryouts, and that was days after the end of football season. At the same time, all the resistance stuff in the first few days of football practice (sleds and tackling drills, etc) left every part of my body aching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
Headers and headbutts...lol.. why I'm so stupid...lmao...it hurts yea.. but it's not football by any means... kinda like apples and oranges tho.. hard to compare the two but football def for the more physical.. imo best soccer midfielder probably lines up at DB on a football field..
Yeah actually... multiple kids jumping at the same time to head a ball. Most soccer concussions don't come from the ball, but collisions. That being said I do think I've read that almost half of all high school concussions are from football.

And isn't DB the position where kids like Ty Johnson and Brayden Brown played?

Soccer is growing, and football in
Yeah actually... multiple kids jumping at the same time to head a ball. Most soccer concussions don't come from the ball, but collisions. That being said I do think I've read that almost half of all high school concussions are from football.

And isn't DB the position where kids like Ty Johnson and Brayden Brown played?
Yea you will find "athletes" on a soccer field.. getting that to transform into a football player might be tough tho if the kids grows up with the mindset of soccer is life tho.. my classmates never had the chance to play pee wee football so in 00 when we came to fh none of us were running to play football.. honestly I thought fh would have took flintstones bigger farm boys make a line out of them and give the soccer team better depth.. but didn't happen that way...

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I'm sure you're a successful guy in whatever you've done for your career... but whatever that was, it doesn't translate to the discussion here. The only thing you and I agree on is that Allegany has lacked depth of talent for years now. If their starting QB or FB goes down, that drastically alters the rest of their season. If FH loses a FB or another key player, chances are because of their depth, they can reload at that position and still make a playoff run.

But If there is an emphasis put on football at the pee wee and youth levels, then those kids can begin developing at younger ages both individually and as teams. By the time the Hunters, Lions and Eagles all get to Braddock, then they have another 2-3 years to continue developing. And by the time they all get to Alco, they have a lot of familiarity with each other, their football skills have developed some, and the coaches have something to work with.

FH absolutely has talent, no question. But the vast majority of the people on this board have all agreed that FH has had the success they've had because of 2 reasons:
2 - the consistent pipeline of actively engaged kids that they get every year coming into the program as freshmen

It's simple odds, brother. Either everyone else on the board is wrong, or you're wrong.
Real question is how does alco stop the trend,or generate more support for their football ambitions? Can Cumberland have two football powerhouses or is alco going to look like east Fairmont with a 1-19 record in the next 5years? What I was asking lag, can they comeback or are they doomed football wise?? Do yall feel that way or is that just lag? Imo I feel it's a trend and alco can bounce back, fh wasn't always hot stuff.. rather than hearing a alco perspective why fh wins I need someone to tell me how alco can turn it around,from an alco perspective..

2 - cof actively engaged kids that they get every year coming into the program as freshmen

Most of the forum members are FH grads which makes your comment (ugh how should I say)... somewhat to totally meaningless.

I stand by my below post, which I have made in various forms several times:

As I posted before: whether by demographics or families moving, or simply by funneling at the middle school level, Fort Hill is getting the bulk of the football talent. You cannot manufacture something from nothing. Sending a bright new staff down to the middle schools will not change the number of players that are there.

Most of the forum members are FH grads which makes your comment (ugh how should I say)... somewhat to totally meaningless.

As I posted before: whether by demographics or families moving, or simply by funneling at the middle school level, Fort Hill is getting the bulk of the football talent. You cannot manufacture something from nothing. Sending a bright new staff down to the middle schools will not change the number of players that are there.

So your telling me alco wont have a Crop of say 4th graders that really suck today at football cant grow together come up and knock off goliath? You mean too tell me you have no hope for alco football then... it will never be able to win a homecoming game?

Reactions: ConeyIsland
So your telling me alco wont have a Crop of say 4th graders that really suck today at football cant grow together come up and knock off goliath? You mean too tell me you have no hope for alco football then... it will never be able to win a homecoming game?

alco football then... it will never be able to win a homecoming game?[/QUOTE]

I never posted that. In fact, I posted that maybe the football gods will give Alco a win this year. When they have talent they do well. If FH starts fumbling the ball... who knows. Still, I wouldn't take Alco and 10 points in the next homecoming game.

There are always exceptions, but Allegany and Fort Hill are on different trajectories. Alco doesn't have the depth to compete with FH on a consistent basis. In the long run homecoming will be mostly a travesty (in my thinking). This is the post-Robinette era.

First of all, very nice post. A good read for sure.

alco tho has to work harder to beat fh these days for their lack of talent or bench.

I think this is the fine point of this entire thread. My perspective is that you cannot work hard enough to overcome greater talent and a deeper bench in football. Allegany goes into homecoming with 9 young men playing both ways. Fort Hill can sub its line with starters. Add to that fact that FH actually has a greater number of better athletes and you get a 38 to nothing game.

Nobody from Alco (as far as I can tell) has ever suggested FH doesn't work hard or isn't well coached. But this is not the difference between the schools. When you consider that Allegany does more with less, the Campers surely work as hard and are just as well coached.

I see no catalyst for a change in Cumberland high school football. Unless they change the numbers and drop down some 2A schools I see FH on an indefinite run in the championship game. I see FH beating Dunbar. Last year Dunbar was very beatable.

Hansel is a cheerleader for his players. He takes personal responsibility for how his team performs. He is knowledgeable and does the best with what he has. Hansel challenges his team each year (scheduled Dunbar) and this year it's Lackey.

Let Allegany be Allegany and let FH be FH. The history, tradition and whatever was before when things were competitive are gone.

(The campers work as hard and are well coached) I hope you kidding. Have you watched any games. Appel is yelling the opposing teams plays from the other side of the field. Not to mention the technical blocking of the ft hill linemen. Fort hills coaching staff 10 times better than allegany.”s. I

I’ll say it again. It’s community involvement. I believe it was Toby Erich who said it best. IVE BEEN AT BOTH SCHOOLS AND FORT HILLS BEST ATHLETES ALL PLAY FOOTBALL. I CANT SAY THE SAME FOR ALLEGANY. It’s involvement from the parents, the booster club and the coaches. Appel is a coach that kids want to play for!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ConeyIsland
(The campers work as hard and are well coached) I hope you kidding. Have you watched any games. Appel is yelling the opposing teams plays from the other side of the field. Not to mention the technical blocking of the ft hill linemen. Fort hills coaching staff 10 times better than allegany.”s. I
That blocking scheme wins more game than they get credit for.. I could drive thru some of them holes...

alco football then... it will never be able to win a homecoming game?

I never posted that. In fact, I posted that maybe the football gods will give Alco a win this year. When they have talent they do well. If FH starts fumbling the ball... who knows. Still, I wouldn't take Alco and 10 points in the next homecoming game.

There are always exceptions, but Allegany and Fort Hill are on different trajectories. Alco doesn't have the depth to compete with FH on a consistent basis. In the long run homecoming will be mostly a travesty (in my thinking). This is the post-Robinette era.

.[/QUOTE]
Ok so we had that clear, I still believe alco could turn things around.. as well as be dead in 5 years.. it might take 2 out of 3 homecoming games to get the ball rolling but kids forget fast, they dont care you won what then only who won when I played.. as a fh fan I would hate to see that but for the love of Cumberland homecoming it wouldn't hurt.. personally line needs more skill since they play with less talent.. run some option or something to keep the defense honest, pretty sure Fort Hill understands most of the wing-t deception... start young build up morale.. seems your supporters lost hope, good thing it's a childs game and kids dont listen to us older heads bitch about the past or why we got hosed blah blah... keep your head up lag their's still hope for the campers bro..lol..

That blocking scheme wins more game than they get credit for.. I could drive thru some of them holes...

When Allegany had the talent, as with Parker Preaskorn, Braxton Mongold, Thomas Preaskorn, Trevaughn Taylor and Wyatt Love they got the job done. Sadly, they also had to play defense. Depth of talent. FH has it and Allegany has not.

When Allegany had the talent, as with Parker Preaskorn, Braxton Mongold, Thomas Preaskorn, Trevaughn Taylor and Wyatt Love they got the job done. Sadly, they also had to play defense. Depth of talent. FH has it and Allegany has not.
I dont doubt it, in fact I'll admit that..lol. your right but dont tell me excuses about what I already know, tell me what needs to happen to put alco back on par with fh.. not just compete one year but every year? What brings some of that depth back/over to alco..

I’ll say it again. It’s community involvement. I believe it was Toby Erich who said it best. IVE BEEN AT BOTH SCHOOLS AND FORT HILLS BEST ATHLETES ALL PLAY FOOTBALL. I CANT SAY THE SAME FOR ALLEGANY. It’s involvement from the parents, the booster club and the coaches. Appel is a coach that kids want to play for!!!!!!!!!!!

Toddy gets you the 1A ring. If Toby thinks that today the massive difference in depth is because all the talent at Alco is playing some other sport.... well, that's his opinion I guess from going from Principal of Westmar to FSU as coordinator of field experiences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT