ADVERTISEMENT

I promise not to rag on anyone's schedule...

I agree, but finishing 4th-5th in that region isn't terrible either. Some of those serious schools aren't that great either. Up and down years with not a lot of consistency. I don't buy Keyser or SH not being able to beat them for consecutive years. Most of them are up and down. Now Wise is consistently good and a power in 4A overall. You're also taking a jump from the 1A-3A league to all 4A schools with double the enrollment as Keyser. South Hag can compete with some of those schools year in and out, win consistently, No

Exactly! For a 1A school to 4th last year behind Wise, ER, DuVal and Suitland/Bowie is actually a compliment. I said the same thing last fall and people said I was a hater.

Also when you said I'm taking a jump from 1A-3A to all 4A schools, I agree but I was referring to a previous comment that said "PG County" schools without making that distinction.

I gotcha. Finishing behind a Duval, Wise, ER would be a success to an extent. Of course everyone wants to finish first, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a successful season. Wise is for real. I'm familiar with some PG football and the setup of the 1A-3A league and 4A being desperate. But overall with the exception of a few schools PG 4 A is where the most talent is

Reactions: ultrawalt
No, I was not proven wrong. I asked for teams and got one response. Not really sure if that assertion is correct. The point is all the people ragging on FH's Schedule combined can only come up with ONE ( maybe ) team with a tougher schedule. Even IF that's true, FH has the 2nd toughest schedule in 1A- hardly something to rag on!!!!

Now I'm just going to call you a flat out liar... This is why we can't have an honest discussion bc you homers never want to be honest.. Sir you did not ask for teams (plural). You said, "Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school,"
that's (singular) sir. You asked for the 1a school not schools and got answered with a 1a school.. You got owned and now you're going to come on here and lie and say You said something else??? This conversation is through also.. Bc you're like Bill Clinton lying so nothing can ever stick... You pleaded for the 1a team that had a better schedule. You got your answer and was soundly defeated just accept it and move on bro.. You're looking bad right now.. I'm just going to sit your quote right here..

Red DudeAll State Poster
Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school that plays a schedule tougher than Fort Hill. I'll patiently wait!!!!

58 Aug 12, 2016

Last edited:
Traditionally there is generally the same order to the 4A league. You'll have two elite teams (this year likely Wise and Roosevelt), three good to very good teams battling for the other two playoff spots (this year probably DuVal, Bowie and Suitland), and then everything falls off a cliff in a hurry. You might have a couple teams with 4-6,5-5 records (Bladensburg,Northwestern) but have no chance whatsoever of being within 30 points of the top 4-5 teams and get their records playing the bottom four teams which are absolutely dreadful (Laurel,High Point, Parkdale, and very recently Flowers).

In the 3A/2A/1A league its generally your top 3 teams trading wins and losses among themselves (Gwynn Park,Potomac,Douglass) and have recently played the top tier 4A league schools and generally being very competitive if not winning. Below that there is a middle that is okay and can occasionally give the top teams good games where you would find Friendly, Largo, occasionally Surrattsville, and Forestville before they closed. Below that you would find Fairmont Heights, Central and Crossland. Generally those middle to lower tier schools will beat the lower tier 4A league schools. I left out Oxon Hill (with your favorite Coach Jefferies) because while they are in the 3A/2A/1A league they only play 5 league games for some strange reason (avoiding Gwynn Park and Douglass) but they play five 4A league schools including Roosevelt,Bowie and DuVal.

Talent wise those top two to three schools 4A schools will either occasionally match or (more often) exceed the talent of the top 3A/2A schools on numbers alone, but that talent level sort of swings back towards the 3A/2A/1A schools at the lower levels of the leagues in part due to geography of the schools. Its much easier to find a way into the upper tier or middle tier 4A schools through a family member or friend due to the density of the schools and boundaries from a lower tier school than it is for some of the kids in the 3A/2A/1A league to do the same.

With all due respect bc our conversations have been respectful. But I think you're having hard time seeing bc you're being a bit disingenuous.. Why compare 4a Sherando to 2a largo and overlook the rest of their schedule.. No one said "everyone" on Fairmont Heights schedule is better... But why not compare the overall schedule? And why over look the DC public school champion HD Woodson, (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park??? This is why we can't have an honest discussion bc no one seems to be honest... Its like everyone wants to use slight of hand tricks to distract and deflect its like saying "we want area schools to play other schools 3 times their size" when no one said that at all. And then they get mad when you don't want to address their outlandish and flat out false statements.. Or you address it and then they move the goal posts and say "who else" plays a tougher schedule lol

I'm not just overlooking teams, but I'm pointing out the disparity. Douglass and Gwynn Park would normally be fairly competitive, though neither have ever beaten FH (as recently as Douglass in 2008). And THIS year, I dont really think they would be that close at all. And listing a DC Public school...well, I agree with another poster who said that FH would probably throttle them and they'd be considered a cupcake. Consistently, the DC Public league is just not competitive. FH sailed that ship basically uncontested for years. But replacing Silver Oak with a Woodson or Wilson? 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

But, I dont disagree with you...in that I would love to see Douglass back on the schedule instead of, say, Hollidaysburg. Most years, especially THIS year, I highly doubt the outcome would be much different between the two games, but sure I'd like to play a MD team over a PA team. And Gwynn Park, that'd be fine. But be careful to put too much stock in "regional finalist"...that's the runner up to the runner up, after all. Clearfield was also a runner up to the runner up.

Potomac, they would be a challenge. maybe not every year, but they do have FH's number. That's the one team out of all the ones mentioned that I will concur would be a 50/50 chance of a loss. I'd love to get them back up to Greenway.

But dont think I'm really being disingenuous to say that there is not a whole lot of difference between Sherando, Hollidaysburg and South High than Largo, Woodson, and Gwynn Park. I personally think the first three is a more competitive trifecta...but I'm willing to at least compromise to say there is no measurable difference.

If the argument is now that playing the 5th place team in 2A (Gwynn Park) is more competitive than the 4th place team in VA 4A (Sherando)..I think we've devolved into splitting hairs. We may need to agree to disagree. Because THIS year, I think unless FH actually did schedule the top teams from 3A and 4A, it really wouldnt matter. They could play all of the teams listed above, and probably win all of them somewhat easily. THIS year. Not every year.

*THIS year is not next year or last year or every year. Again, we saw in 2009/10 how one year makes a big difference. FH defeated 3A TJ, MSJ and 4A Martinsburg...then lost to Alco in 09. The following year, loses to those same 3 teams, beats Alco, and makes it all the way to the semifinals. You cant judge a single schedule and apply it every year to a group of different kids.

I'm good with being done with the talk, because nothing will get solved. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's all based on assumptions and conjecture anyway.

Reactions: ultrawalt
The fact remains, with our current playoff system, you have to be careful scheduling. Why should Fort Hill schedule Gilman, Damascus and Wise just because people think they should? Lose 1, 2 or all 3 of those and get outpointed by Northern, Southern, Hancock and Clear Spring who all play vastly lesser schedules. Then you will really have something to grumble about! The ultimate goal of high school football is to win a State Championship in your class. Why should Fort Hill make some ridiculous schedule and take the risk of not making the playoffs just to prove they can play with the "big boys." That's just illogical.

I'm not just overlooking teams, but I'm pointing out the disparity. Douglass and Gwynn Park would normally be fairly competitive, though neither have ever beaten FH (as recently as Douglass in 2008). And THIS year, I dont really think they would be that close at all. And listing a DC Public school...well, I agree with another poster who said that FH would probably throttle them and they'd be considered a cupcake. Consistently, the DC Public league is just not competitive. FH sailed that ship basically uncontested for years. But replacing Silver Oak with a Woodson or Wilson? 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

But, I dont disagree with you...in that I would love to see Douglass back on the schedule instead of, say, Hollidaysburg. Most years, especially THIS year, I highly doubt the outcome would be much different between the two games, but sure I'd like to play a MD team over a PA team. And Gwynn Park, that'd be fine. But be careful to put too much stock in "regional finalist"...that's the runner up to the runner up, after all. Clearfield was also a runner up to the runner up.

Potomac, they would be a challenge. maybe not every year, but they do have FH's number. That's the one team out of all the ones mentioned that I will concur would be a 50/50 chance of a loss. I'd love to get them back up to Greenway.

But dont think I'm really being disingenuous to say that there is not a whole lot of difference between Sherando, Hollidaysburg and South High than Largo, Woodson, and Gwynn Park. I personally think the first three is a more competitive trifecta...but I'm willing to at least compromise to say there is no measurable difference.

If the argument is now that playing the 5th place team in 2A (Gwynn Park) is more competitive than the 4th place team in VA 4A (Sherando)..I think we've devolved into splitting hairs. We may need to agree to disagree. Because THIS year, I think unless FH actually did schedule the top teams from 3A and 4A, it really wouldnt matter. They could play all of the teams listed above, and probably win all of them somewhat easily. THIS year. Not every year.

*THIS year is not next year or last year or every year. Again, we saw in 2009/10 how one year makes a big difference. FH defeated 3A TJ, MSJ and 4A Martinsburg...then lost to Alco in 09. The following year, loses to those same 3 teams, beats Alco, and makes it all the way to the semifinals. You cant judge a single schedule and apply it every year to a group of different kids.

I'm good with being done with the talk, because nothing will get solved. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's all based on assumptions and conjecture anyway.

Good points, all time FH is 3-3 against Douglass,Gwynn Park and Potomac. The three wins are all against Douglass. The three losses were all in the playoffs, two losses to Potomac and one loss to Gwynn Park (two of those Fort Hill teams were undefeated going into those games, 2000 against Gwynn Park and 1995 against Potomac.

Thanks "Lancer" for your outside, unbiased opinion from a large, very reputable program. Now can everyone stop beating this "dead horse" and move on! Geez!!

Reactions: towpath94
Now I'm just going to call you a flat out liar... This is why we can't have an honest discussion bc you homers never want to be honest.. Sir you did not ask for teams (plural). You said, "Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school,"
that's (singular) sir. You asked for the 1a school not schools and got answered with a 1a school.. You got owned and now you're going to come on here and lie and say You said something else??? This conversation is through also.. Bc you're like Bill Clinton lying so nothing can ever stick... You pleaded for the 1a team that had a better schedule. You got your answer and was soundly defeated just accept it and move on bro.. You're looking bad right now.. I'm just going to sit your quote right here..

Red DudeAll State Poster
Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school that plays a schedule tougher than Fort Hill. I'll patiently wait!!!!

58 Aug 12, 2016
I normally wouldn't respond to your comment, but calling me " a flat out liar" struck a nerve. The word " the" isn't always singular and can be general in nature. Ex- " Do you know THE way to Winchester?" There are several. " I heard it on THE radio." There are many radios. Had I said "name the one and only 1A school " you'd have a point, but that's not what I stated.

:D
I normally wouldn't respond to your comment, but calling me " a flat out liar" struck a nerve. The word " the" isn't always singular and can be general in nature. Ex- " Do you know THE way to Winchester?" There are several. " I heard it on THE radio." There are many radios. Had I said "name the one and only 1A school " you'd have a point, but that's not what I stated.

The topic wasn't the word "THE" liar it was the word "SCHOOLS" or in your case the word "SCHOOL" (SINGULAR) liar!! You asked for someone to name the -->SCHOOL<--- (SINGULAR). You didn't ask for someone to name the -->THE<--... Are you really trying to lie about lying??? You're making every FH poster on this thread look bad and desperate.. If you had any friends on here or if anyone really did care about FH they would tell you to just stop... Too funny!

Last edited:
:D

The topic wasn't the word "THE" liar it was the word "SCHOOLS" or in your case the word "SCHOOL" (SINGULAR) liar!! You asked for someone to name the -->SCHOOL<--- (SINGULAR). You didn't ask for someone to name the -->THE<--... Are you really trying to lie about lying??? You're making every FH poster on this thread look bad and desperate.. If you had any friends on here or if anyone really did care about FH they would tell you to just stop... Too funny!

Let me help you out dude you need it. So let me help you realize, and educate you.

When you come on here as a negative and bashing high school football schedules, you're just essentially announcing to the world "I'm a ****ing idiot, I'm a big never gonna matter, knuckle dragging, waste of space".

The kinda sad, kind of pathetic excuse of a person that gets off on the fact of being able to say "oh man I got him to react!" And that's a big deal to you because that's how insignificant you are or ever will be. In fact this MAY BE your most meaningful and defining moment. Which is just plain out sad when you think about it...

But feel free to keep raging on high schools team's competitive schedules being as that i just put you in your place with words and reality.

Last edited:
Let me help you out dude you need it. So let me help you realize, and educate you.

When you come on here as a negative and bashing high school football schedules, you're just announcing to the world "I'm a ****ing idiot, I'm a big never gonna matter, knuckle dragging, waste of space".

The kinda sad, kind of pathetic excuse of a person that gets off on the fact of being able to say "oh man I got him to react!" And that's a big deal to you because that's how insignificant you are or ever will be. In fact this MAY BE your most meaningful and defining moment. Which is just plain out sad when you think about it...

But feel free to keep raging on high schools team's competitive schedules being as that i just put you in your place with words and reality.

Womp Womp Womp.. Thats what you type like.. Look I'm not going to lip wrestle with your twitter fingers lol... My $500 offer still stands... But we all know you'll just come back on here and lash out behind a keyboard b/c your some poor little scared boy who lives in mommies basement and gets an allowance from mommy... Any way I won't be responding to you unless its to confirm a time and date you can collect this $500.. Bye for now Fagmiester I mean Lagmiester LMAO

Womp Womp Womp.. Thats what you type like.. Look I'm not going to lip wrestle with your twitter fingers lol... My $500 offer still stands... But we all know you'll just come back on here and lash out behind a keyboard b/c your some poor little scared boy who lives in mommies basement and gets an allowance from mommy... Any way I won't be responding to you unless its to confirm a time and date you can collect this $500.. Bye for now Fagmiester I mean Lagmiester LMAO

1st how did you know my wife's pet name for me, 2nd all jokes aside, but confirmed you just sit here all day on the refresh button waiting for someone to react. But I guess you can do that all day being that... You are the one in a parents basement.

"Oh yeah, well I'll beat you up" lol. Look, let's say you could beat me how ever unlikely as that may be.

It still wouldn't change the fact I'm right, and you're wrong.

Btw, I'm not Lag.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT