ADVERTISEMENT

I promise not to rag on anyone's schedule...

bigsavage

Blue Chip Poster
Dec 4, 2007
With the start of the season fast approaching, I promise not rail against the cream puff schedules of area teams. Just so long as the typical homers don't come on here beating their chest bragging about how this team is the greatest team ever.. After pitching 8 shutouts and scoring a bazillion points against a schedule full of deaf, dumb, and blind, sister of the poor teams... I would hate to have to come back on here and waste my time bringing everyone back to reality... So is it a deal????

Reactions: BoyznBlue
I hope area teams do bring back state titles... Still wouldn't validate much considering the level of competition especially in Maryland 1a..

1A football in Maryland is really bad right now. But that's not FH's fault. I just wish they would tell the truth and say they're playing a creampuff schedule for playoff positioning (as if they really need it), and stop saying other schools are afraid to play them.

Reactions: bigsavage
Bigsavage, that's a fair compromise. I dont think that anyone is consistently coming on here (anymore) that is claiming FH is anything more than what they are. And what they've proven to be the best 1A team in the state. Whether 1A is up or down, doesn't really compute. You play where you're put.

I just dont understand the argument of what the schedule SHOULD be, tho. Especially the way BnB keeps playing it, broken record syndrome. I dont disagree that there are some habitually easy teams on the schedule..everyone does that. Even the best teams in 4A still play a few for-sure wins a year. But adding a few good teams like Sherando and Hollidaysburg to a 1A schedule...isnt creampuff. Are they the best in their respective state classes? No, but they are still solid teams - they aren't Walter Johnson. And if FH wasn't on a tear right now, I think they'd be pretty even games. Hell, I don't know what to expect from Hollidaysburg; we do know that Sherando lost some key personnel from last years team that shook some fear into FH. And Keyser beat FH last year, lest we forget.

Keyser has the best record against FH over the last few years. Hollidaysburg holds a winning record against FH. And Allegany is still Allegany.

I don't think FH plays the toughest schedule in the state, but for a 1A team..I just am not sure what the alternative is? I'm sure we're going to hear from BnB to tell us who the 50 top schools in Maryland are, and how FH doesn't schedule them..as if they have the ability to just tell them to play. But stepping aside from the belittling of the schedule as "cream puff", and entering into an honest discussion...what is the alternative?

When we hear the "they wont play FH" argument, I dont think I'm reading that teams are "afraid" to play FH inasmuch as they dont want to chance a loss to a smaller team when the reward is fewer points. No one is afraid to play FH, but when it comes to cost, distance, and playoff implications for teams ..is the risk there? All teams are positioning for playoff runs. And if FH was still consistently positioning for playoff runs and getting beat in the finals..I might be more apt to side with what you are saying. In the last few years, I dont think it would matter if FH was 10-0 or 6-4 going into the playoffs...they were still better than the other 1A competition. That's just luck.

Is it not the goal of the season to prepare for the post season and win a title? If FH was a 4A team in Montgomery County...they'd be playing a different schedule. And if Wise was a 1A school in Allegany County, they'd be playing a different schedule as well.

Appalachian State is not going to play a BCS schedule anymore than Alabama is going to play all FCS teams.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
I dont disagree that there are some habitually easy teams on the schedule..everyone does that. Even the best teams in 4A still play a few for-sure wins a year. But adding a few good teams like Sherando and Hollidaysburg to a 1A schedule...isnt creampuff.

Let me correct you. The best teams in 4A don't pick a few "for-sure wins" - they are mandatory games against teams in their league. And the easier games are off-set by 2 or 3 heavy hitters on their regular season schedule and 2 or 3 more tough games in the playoffs. This year (3 time state champion) FH has fearlessly scheduled a creampuff schedule for the ages, lol. These aren't mandatory games, they picked these teams. With the current state of 1A, FH could have added a team to really test them without worrying about playoff implications. They can probably win the title this year with the second team. Keyser is rebuilding this year, and if Hollidaysburg is on the schedule I'm sure they're not very good (or they wouldn't play them in the first place). Sherando isn't going to win at Greenway, but they threw enough of a scare into you last year that I guarantee they won't be on schedule after this contract is up.

Bigsavage, that's a fair compromise. I dont think that anyone is consistently coming on here (anymore) that is claiming FH is anything more than what they are. And what they've proven to be the best 1A team in the state. Whether 1A is up or down, doesn't really compute. You play where you're put.

I just dont understand the argument of what the schedule SHOULD be, tho. Especially the way BnB keeps playing it, broken record syndrome. I dont disagree that there are some habitually easy teams on the schedule..everyone does that. Even the best teams in 4A still play a few for-sure wins a year. But adding a few good teams like Sherando and Hollidaysburg to a 1A schedule...isnt creampuff. Are they the best in their respective state classes? No, but they are still solid teams - they aren't Walter Johnson. And if FH wasn't on a tear right now, I think they'd be pretty even games. Hell, I don't know what to expect from Hollidaysburg; we do know that Sherando lost some key personnel from last years team that shook some fear into FH. And Keyser beat FH last year, lest we forget.

Keyser has the best record against FH over the last few years. Hollidaysburg holds a winning record against FH. And Allegany is still Allegany.

I don't think FH plays the toughest schedule in the state, but for a 1A team..I just am not sure what the alternative is? I'm sure we're going to hear from BnB to tell us who the 50 top schools in Maryland are, and how FH doesn't schedule them..as if they have the ability to just tell them to play. But stepping aside from the belittling of the schedule as "cream puff", and entering into an honest discussion...what is the alternative?

When we hear the "they wont play FH" argument, I dont think I'm reading that teams are "afraid" to play FH inasmuch as they dont want to chance a loss to a smaller team when the reward is fewer points. No one is afraid to play FH, but when it comes to cost, distance, and playoff implications for teams ..is the risk there? All teams are positioning for playoff runs. And if FH was still consistently positioning for playoff runs and getting beat in the finals..I might be more apt to side with what you are saying. In the last few years, I dont think it would matter if FH was 10-0 or 6-4 going into the playoffs...they were still better than the other 1A competition. That's just luck.

Is it not the goal of the season to prepare for the post season and win a title? If FH was a 4A team in Montgomery County...they'd be playing a different schedule. And if Wise was a 1A school in Allegany County, they'd be playing a different schedule as well.

Appalachian State is not going to play a BCS schedule anymore than Alabama is going to play all FCS teams.

Let me preface by saying I never singled out any one team but made it a point to include all area teams with maybe the exception of keyser... But since FH has become the center of discussion let me say i dont have a problem with who they schedule and if their goal is to be the best in 1a more power to them... My problem is with those that say they are better than 1a or they are said to be the greatest team ever... You can't have it both ways.. You can't say you're only 1a and that's your goal but then brag about how great this team is not playing anyone good outside of 1a...as far as FH schedule since you brought it up... Keyser is only great in keyser's mind... Outside of mineral and Allegany county keyser isn't taken very seriously... Sherando much like Clearfield is and was a paper tiger. If we're being honest the only reason the game was close in this first half was bc of the referees... They'll be on a running clock this yr. Allegany is terrible... Don't know much about Hollidaysburg other than what I've heard from Hollidaysburg people I work with... There's a reason why they're on Fh's schedule... Trust me if their was a chance they were any good they wouldn't be... The other problem I have is all the excuses... Forever we heard PG schools aren't allowed to travel to greenway but miraculously the worst PG school finds its way to Greenway this year.. Solutions you ask? Well stop going out of your way to find the worst opponents would be a start. And knowing just how good this team could potentially be scheduling one good team to test them would have been even better... Please all the attack dogs please don't attack... My OP singled no one out... I'm simply addressing points made in previous posts...

Last edited:
... They'll be on a running clock this yr. Allegany is terrible... .

We know FH is not in a rebuilding year from last year's championship team - and if I read my records correctly one more undefeated season will tie them with Alco's total undefeated seasons. But... I must ask you about the description of Alco being "terrible" this year. You didn't qualify that as... say... compared to FH. You just claimed they would be terrible. I must assume you mean as a small 1A team, in a poor quality 1A classification, they will be terrible - as in the bottom of the bottom of the barrel.

That is quite interesting. Might explain Korn's timely flight. But still, it seems to me that the Camper JV team, and even the Freshman team, were not really that bad. I am scratching my head here. Are you suggesting that Allegany will not have a competitive 1A team?

Teams near DC AND Baltimore aren't coming up here to play FH. Has nothing to do with fear. Has to do with cost and the fact there are plenty of teams next door or in their own league. Not rocket science. Yet somehow Boyz for years insists that FH should just suck it up financially and hit the road to play big teams to prove their worth. I'll stop calling Boyz a dumbass when he stops yapping about the best 1A or even most 2A schedules in the state. 1A ball has sucked for decades. It's not a new developement. Alco made a living in it, Dunbar made a living in it, now FH does.

So which big bad PG County team is coming up here? FH will return the game. Well, we're waiting? And I don't want to hear squat about not having money. But I know you will. Because FH should just fork over the money. That's why your a dumbass.

Last edited:
Let me correct you. The best teams in 4A don't pick a few "for-sure wins" - they are mandatory games

You cant correct me, because I didnt say that. I said they HAVE a few for sure wins on their schedule. Not that they pick them. At least quote me correctly.

So who.SHOULD be on their schedule? Because obviously regardless of who is on there..you will never be happy.

Teams near DC AND Baltimore aren't coming up here to play FH. Has nothing to do with fear. Has to do with cost and the fact there are plenty of teams next door or in their own league. Not rocket science. Yet somehow Boyz for years insists that FH should just suck it up financially and hit the road to play big teams to prove their worth. I'll stop calling Boyz a dumbass when he stops yapping about the best 1A or even most 2A schedules in the state. 1A ball has sucked for decades. It's not a new developement. Alco made a living in it, Dunbar made a living in it, now FH does.

So which big bad PG County team is coming up here? FH will return the game. Well, we're waiting? And I don't want to hear squat about not having money. But I know you will. Because FH should just fork over the money. That's why your a dumbass.

Let me start by saying it's disappointing that a grown man would make a personal attack against me. Even if you don't agree with my comments I haven't personally called anybody on this board a "dumbass" or any other malicious name. Please grow up and act more mature. If this board was moderated properly personal attacks would be monitored and removed.

In the past several people on this board have said other schools were afraid to play FH, and that's why FH is forced to play those weak teams every year. I have said that wasn't true because I have talked to several downstate coaches who have tried to schedule them. I also noted that in the past few years Allegany has played in Calvert and Charles counties - which is geographically a longer distance than PG County. If Allegany can figure out the financial obstacles, why can't other WMD schools? And as Big Savage just pointed out, it's very convenient the two worst football schools in PG are coming to Greenway this year. And in recent years one of the worst Moco teams played a home and home with FH. I don't have a problem with the FH schedule, but I can give my opinion and call it easy. The FH administration has made a decision to focus on the MD state title and not regional rivalries like Martinsburg and TJ. I don't have a problem with that but just tell the truth about it.

If the board was moderated this subject would be kept in one thread instead of 25 threads started by the same 2 people about the same thing over and over again. But hey, that's what people from Cumberland do, the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's why the city is in the shape it's in.

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Todd Helmick and Todd Appel have found a formula that works. There have been, on average, 3 quality teams that have been on the schedule each year during this championship run. This does not include Allegany. In 13 it was Central, Chestnut Ridge, and Keyser. In 14 it was Keyser, Kent Island and North Hagerstown. In 15 it was Sherando, South Hagerstown, Keyser, and you can even throw Clearfield in there because it was week 1 and we didn't know a lot about them. FH is 9-1 in those 10 games.
IMHO I believe FH did the work to justify some of the rhetoric that goes on in this forum. I also believe that Bigsavage has a point about not wanting to hear people spout off about this "best ever" commentary. You cant compare teams from now to teams in the 70's, 80's and even 90's. No more than you can say Alabama's national title team last year was better than the '93 team that beat Miami in the Sugar Bowl. FH has had some great teams in each era. I'll end with the same sentence I started with, The Todds have found success in the formula they use. The program is as good, or better than its ever been. The weight program is second to none. People in the FH community are involved and the youth of that side of town have bought in like no other time since I've been around. Things are working, the game plan, from the strength program to the scheduling to the fundraising to the coaches ability to piece it all together is working like no other time in the history of FH football. Give these guys credit. They deserve it.

Different year, same stupid argument. So they don't like FH's schedule. Both have been asked by myself and others to name a 1A that plays a more difficult one......still waiting for an answer.

Maybe someone can pull up the post, I believe it done by eaglesinsider last year, that showed where FH's schedule was more difficult than any 1A, many 2A's and even some 3 and 4A's.

In the past several people on this board have said other schools were afraid to play FH, and that's why FH is forced to play those weak teams every year.

In the past. In the past. I haven't seen anyone recently say this...yet you STILL keep bringing up "in the past". In the past, Fort Hill also used to be 3A and play the likes of Gaithersburg and Magruder...today isn't the past.

I have said that wasn't true because I have talked to several downstate coaches who have tried to schedule them. I also noted that in the past few years Allegany has played in Calvert and Charles counties - which is geographically a longer distance than PG County. If Allegany can figure out the financial obstacles, why can't other WMD schools?

Allegany also hasn't won a state title in football in over 10 years, surpassing their longest drought in history. So I'm not sure there is room for FH to want to emulate whatever it is they're doing right now.

And as Big Savage just pointed out, it's very convenient the two worst football schools in PG are coming to Greenway this year.

FH played the "best" 1A school from PG County last year, and the result was just as bad. I agree, FH doesn't need to play any 1A schools from PG County.

And in recent years one of the worst Moco teams played a home and home with FH.

Agreed. They fulfilled their contract, and didn't put them back on the schedule.

The FH administration has made a decision to focus on the MD state title and not regional rivalries like Martinsburg and TJ.

Thank GOD!

Different year, same stupid argument. So they don't like FH's schedule. Both have been asked by myself and others to name a 1A that plays a more difficult one......still waiting for an answer.

Maybe someone can pull up the post, I believe it done by eaglesinsider last year, that showed where FH's schedule was more difficult than any 1A, many 2A's and even some 3 and 4A's.

If you don't like the argument why are you on this thread adding your two cent? Just keep it moving... As I've stated before I didn't single one team out in my original post, but people like yourself keep making it about FH and then crying about it being made about FH... Go figure....

Complaining about the same thread started by the same 2 people yet you're one of the same respondents to the thread...

"But hey, that's what people from Cumberland do, the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's why the city is in the shape it's in."
If the board was moderated this subject would be kept in one thread instead of 25 threads started by the same 2 people about the same thing over and over again. But hey, that's what people from Cumberland do, the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's why the city is in the shape it's in.

Okay let's get off of Fort Hills schedule. Let's talk about ALCO. Who do they even play, any good competition?

Okay let's get off of Fort Hills schedule. Let's talk about ALCO. Who do they even play, any good competition?

Alco's schedule:
Allegany (home games played at Greenway Avenue Stadium):
Week 1 (9/2)- at Southern Garrett
Week 2 (9/9)- Chestnut Ridge (PA)
Week 3 (9/16)- at Mountain Ridge
Week 4 (9/23)- Keyser (WV)
Week 5 (9/30)- at Silver Oak
Week 6 (10/7)- at Frederick
Week 7 (10/14)- Capitol Christian
Week 8 (10/21)- Northern Garrett
Week 9 (10/28)- at Brunswick
Week 10 (11/5)- vs. Fort Hill

bigsavage said, "... They'll be on a running clock this yr. Allegany is terrible... ."

He doesn't appear to want to address my question about them being terrible. So, basis their JV team last year, anybody care to comment other than the suggestion that they will be terrible.

Alco should see 7-3 or 8-2 this season. I see Keyser and Fort Hill as possible losses.

Alco should see 7-3 or 8-2 this season. I see Keyser and Fort Hill as possible losses.

I don't think there is any way in hell that the Campers beat FH. But I gather you see them as competitive in a rebuilding year.

Last edited:
If you don't like the argument why are you on this thread adding your two cent? Just keep it moving... As I've stated before I didn't single one team out in my original post, but people like yourself keep making it about FH and then crying about it being made about FH... Go figure....

Because it's a discussion board and I wanted to add my 2c. Go figure

Alco's schedule:
Allegany (home games played at Greenway Avenue Stadium):
Week 1 (9/2)- at Southern Garrett
Week 2 (9/9)- Chestnut Ridge (PA)
Week 3 (9/16)- at Mountain Ridge
Week 4 (9/23)- Keyser (WV)
Week 5 (9/30)- at Silver Oak
Week 6 (10/7)- at Frederick
Week 7 (10/14)- Capitol Christian
Week 8 (10/21)- Northern Garrett
Week 9 (10/28)- at Brunswick
Week 10 (11/5)- vs. Fort Hill

bigsavage said, "... They'll be on a running clock this yr. Allegany is terrible... ."

He doesn't appear to want to address my question about them being terrible. So, basis their JV team last year, anybody care to comment other than the suggestion that they will be terrible.

I never said they would be on a running clock... I said Sherando would be on a running clock. But if I had to bet, I would bet Allegany is on a running clock also... Only thing might save them is its a rivalry. But with the experience and level they're playing at coupled with their schedule it wouldn't surprise me if Fh puts everyone on a running clock this yr... Me saying that Allegany is terrible was in response to FHHSAHS attempt at pointing out good teams on FH's schedule... Losing 42-0 to Keyser and losing 9 and what is most assurred 10 straight games to FH, half of which were blowouts, in my eyes, that is not a good team... That is terrible!!! Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I didn't think it needed much of an explanation...

Last edited:
Because it's a discussion board and I wanted to add my 2c. Go figure

Yet your complaining, but thought enough of the topic to comment... Go figure... Even further you bring FH into the conversation when no mention was made of them in my original post. Seems like a lot of you attack dogs have a little big man complex and insecurities and are trying to convince others bc you're not convinced yourself... If you feel you have nothing to prove why constantly try and prove something. Lol which is it?

Just a few notes on the Charles and Calvert county schools that BNB was so impressed with on Alco's schedule. St. Charles was a first year school. They went 0-10, scored a whopping 31 points all season and gave up 425. They were ranked 206th in the State. Calvert was 2-8 the season before the contract with Alco was signed, and ranked 181st in the State. In the three years that they played Alco, their best ranking was at #56, that was in 2013, they beat Alco at their home by 13 that year.

The bottom line is that BNB loves to make these statements without questioning any actual facts. If you go back to last year, he was the one who went to the FH Duval scrimmage, and didn't realize that after the first series, he was watching FH's 2s and 3s. He even went so far as to say that he talked to Duval's coach about adjusting to FH's passing game. Now FH was throwing the ball around, but anyone who knows anything about FH, knows that they run the football. If you see them passing in a scrimmage, they're practicing.

Now let's look at a really poor excuse of a schedule, in Allegany County. (Garrett County is a joke) Mountain Ridge is a 2A school and still playing a very weak 1A schedule. Aside from FH, Alco, and Keyser, their schedule is horrible for a 2A school. They'll win a few games this year but they won't improve because they won't have to. If they ever do get into the playoffs and face a Middletown or a Walkersville, they will endure a real spanking.

So let me get straight ! So I understand clearly. Savage says that Fort Hill will have running clock on Sherando in the second half at greenway stadium this year?

. Losing 42-0 to Keyser and losing 9 and what is most assurred 10 straight games to FH, half of which were blowouts, in my eyes, that is not a good team... That is terrible!!!

I wasn't aware that "not a good team" lost 9 straight to FH. The games I have seen are played by different high school kids each year with large turnovers every few years. I saw one Alco team lose twice by 1 point to FH. The last couple years I saw Alco teams battle a talent laden FH team better than any other 1A team in the state.

I have criticized Korn endlessly and I am thrilled he has moved on. I have criticized an occasional Alco game because the players - in my opinion - gave up.

But to do as you do, lump all these teams and players into one derogatory term - "terrible" - is beyond the pale. As alumni from these areas schools we should try our best to be fair to all. And, do I as to in appreciating this year's FH team. It may be a while before we see it's likes again.

Reactions: towpath94
I wasn't aware that "not a good team" lost 9 straight to FH. The games I have seen are played by different high school kids each year with large turnovers every few years. I saw one Alco team lose twice by 1 point to FH. The last couple years I saw Alco teams battle a talent laden FH team better than any other 1A team in the state.

I have criticized Korn endlessly and I am thrilled he has moved on. I have criticized an occasional Alco game because the players - in my opinion - gave up.

But to do as you do, lump all these teams and players into one derogatory term - "terrible" - is beyond the pale. As alumni from these areas schools we should try our best to be fair to all. And, do I as to in appreciating this year's FH team. It may be a while before we see it's likes again.

Buddy it's my opinion don't take offense, you don't have to agree with it...

Buddy it's my opinion don't take offense, you don't have to agree with it...

I don't take offense. I respond. Just like I respond to the absurd nature of season tickets for high school games and the way I respond to the ridiculous suggestions that 1A teams with limited players should play football with large quality schools with deep benches.

And, of course it's your opinion. You didn't quote anybody... so, it was your opinion. My response is that it was - to put it another way - inaccurate and a rather loathsome way to describe a 1A competitive program.

I don't take offense. I respond. Just like I respond to the absurd nature of season tickets for high school games and the way I respond to the ridiculous suggestions that 1A teams with limited players should play football with large quality schools with deep benches.

And, of course it's your opinion. You didn't quote anybody... so, it was your opinion. My response is that it was - to put it another way - inaccurate and a rather loathsome way to describe a 1A competitive program.

You believe they're a good program I don't...
I'm not here to convince you otherwise... Lets agree to disagree.. Enjoy your day..

Just a few notes on the Charles and Calvert county schools that BNB was so impressed with on Alco's schedule. St. Charles was a first year school. They went 0-10, scored a whopping 31 points all season and gave up 425. They were ranked 206th in the State. Calvert was 2-8 the season before the contract with Alco was signed, and ranked 181st in the State. In the three years that they played Alco, their best ranking was at #56, that was in 2013, they beat Alco at their home by 13 that year.

The bottom line is that BNB loves to make these statements without questioning any actual facts. If you go back to last year, he was the one who went to the FH Duval scrimmage, and didn't realize that after the first series, he was watching FH's 2s and 3s. He even went so far as to say that he talked to Duval's coach about adjusting to FH's passing game. Now FH was throwing the ball around, but anyone who knows anything about FH, knows that they run the football. If you see them passing in a scrimmage, they're practicing.

Now let's look at a really poor excuse of a schedule, in Allegany County. (Garrett County is a joke) Mountain Ridge is a 2A school and still playing a very weak 1A schedule. Aside from FH, Alco, and Keyser, their schedule is horrible for a 2A school. They'll win a few games this year but they won't improve because they won't have to. If they ever do get into the playoffs and face a Middletown or a Walkersville, they will endure a real spanking.

I mentioned Allegany travelling to Southern Maryland schools not to say they are playing great teams, but to say that an WMD school could figure out the logistics of playing teams from that part of the state. One the excuses we hear frequently is that FH can't play better teams because they can't afford to travel that far, lol. But yeah, Alco and Mountain Ridge don't play great schedules either.

I'm not sure why you're bringing the Duval scrimmage up again this year. I think the conversation you're referring to was about why FH was ranked above Duval on the poll. I even agreed it was silly to discuss a scrimmage, but it came up because you or another FH supporter were saying how they could beat Duval in a game and I said something about the scrimmage because you have to pass against 4A South schools. You just can't run the ball over and over like you can in 1A. Either way, why are we still talking about it?

Instead of depending on these shady metrics like the Frederick Media poll or some research by a FH blogger, why don't you just play some good teams? lol - I don't dispute that FH plays a tough schedule by 1A standards, but hello, as 3 time state champions, they should. I've said repeatedly that it's a schedule designed to get homefield advantage throughout and win the title, I have absolutely no problem with that. I've said it's a smart strategy. But if you tell me Silver Oak, Capitol Christian and Fairmont Heights are good teams, well yeah I'm going to say you're not being honest.

[QUOTE="bigsavage, post: 26510, member: 344"]You believe they're a good program I don't...
I'm not here to convince you otherwise... Lets agree to disagree.. Enjoy your day..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for suggesting I enjoy my day - I generally do - and hope you enjoy your day as well.

But for the record: I, nor anyone else has ever suggested you were in this forum for any reason other than to air your opinions. And, as such, you are de facto soliciting responses - if not, then you should write in a diary and keep your thoughts to yourself.

And, if I understand the King's English there is a far cry from not being "a good program" to being a "terrible" program. I would suggest you own your own words, or at least be a little less condescending.

I mentioned Allegany travelling to Southern Maryland schools not to say they are playing great teams, but to say that an WMD school could figure out the logistics of playing teams from that part of the state. One the excuses we hear frequently is that FH can't play better teams because they can't afford to travel that far, lol. But yeah, Alco and Mountain Ridge don't play great schedules either.

Bleedred explained to you how it came to be. St. Charles was a new school. They were starting from scratch to get a schedule put together, and Alco had a common open date. St. Charles wasn't getting games from already established schedules being set up in Southern MD to allow for a new school to be added. As openings allowed, St. Charles was able to develop a more common SMAC schedule. You've even addressed this as to why teams in other parts of the state dont have issues with schedules because they are in conferences. It's like a super easy explanation...it's the same reason that Fort Hill was able to snag a game with newly built Sherando in 1993, but not able to get them on the schedule again until 22 years later.

I'm not sure why you're bringing the Duval scrimmage up again this year. I think the conversation you're referring to was about why FH was ranked above Duval on the poll. I even agreed it was silly to discuss a scrimmage, but it came up because you or another FH supporter were saying how they could beat Duval in a game and I said something about the scrimmage because you have to pass against 4A South schools. You just can't run the ball over and over like you can in 1A. Either way, why are we still talking about it?

I know, doesn't it suck when people bring up the past as continuously relevant? ;)

[QUOTE="bigsavage, post: 26510, member: 344"]You believe they're a good program I don't...
I'm not here to convince you otherwise... Lets agree to disagree.. Enjoy your day..

Thanks for suggesting I enjoy my day - I generally do - and hope you enjoy your day as well.

But for the record: I, nor anyone else has ever suggested you were in this forum for any reason other than to air your opinions. And, as such, you are de facto soliciting responses - if not, then you should write in a diary and keep your thoughts to yourself.

And, if I understand the King's English there is a far cry from not being "a good program" to being a "terrible" program. I would suggest you own your own words, or at least be a little less condescending.[/QUOTE]

Ok this is my last response bc it seems like you're one of those types that just want to argue for the sake of arguing.... I think Allegany's program is terrible... That's my opinion.. Take it or leave... Good day sir...

Bleedred explained to you how it came to be. St. Charles was a new school. They were starting from scratch to get a schedule put together, and Alco had a common open date. St. Charles wasn't getting games from already established schedules being set up in Southern MD to allow for a new school to be added. As openings allowed, St. Charles was able to develop a more common SMAC schedule. You've even addressed this as to why teams in other parts of the state dont have issues with schedules because they are in conferences. It's like a super easy explanation...it's the same reason that Fort Hill was able to snag a game with newly built Sherando in 1993, but not able to get them on the schedule again until 22 years later.

I think you're missing the point (and I notice you didn't address the two games against Calvert). It doesn't matter why they have openings, the point is that Allegany is able to find a way to make these games happen. They don't make up stuff about they can't find opponents. There are schools downstate looking for good games.

You can't have it both ways. If you're going to cry 1A and say you can't compete against those larger schools then don't come back at the end of the season and say you're a Top 25 team in the state. I have said 100 times that I support both city schools but I'm also a realist. I cover prep sports and I see the talent in other parts of the state.

.. Take it or leave...

I choose to leave it as long as you leave us alone.. I can think of no one more self absorbed than you, claiming you "... would hate to have to come back on here and waste my time bringing everyone back to reality...."

For no reason, you attack others as having a "...little big man complex and insecurities"

Then you attack Allegany as having a "terrible" program.

This entire thread is an expose on your arrogance: you see others as merely folks who "...just want to argue." Besides pounding your chest and looking down your strained beak at local high school programs - what the hell do you do?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
That was just my point about bringing up the Duval scrimmage. You claim to be an authority on High School Football and yet you can't articulate what you are seeing on the field. Thanks for proving my point there. Alco pretty much fell into those games when they were having some rough years. But notice that those games didn't continue. Not that Alco didn't want to play I'm sure that Alco would love to even the score with Calvert if they could come up with a date. You can call this scheduling issue what you want, locally certain teams don't play FH in an attempt to get into the playoffs. To schedule a game down state, it becomes an issue with money,

Get those PG County schools up here? Where are they? Screw the travel rules. Thats just a lame excuse.. FH a top 25 team? Ask the state media, don't bark here. I've told Boyz before and I'll repeat it again...PG County can't hold a candle to Allegany County when it comes to pigskin. It's not even close. Everyone can see how piss poor they are at the 1A level. That's how you compare. Combine Alco and FH and see what happens. Stop back here next year at this time and we can talk about FH going for their 5th straight title which has never been done before in any class. You type that it doesn't matter but I'm sure you grind teeth at night dreading the thought.

But I promise not to beat my chest, whatever.

FH doesn't play Martinsburg and TJ. They care more about state titles. Just like Alco used to do. There. Someone said it for the 100th time. Geez. Click your heels 3 times and go back to 1993. And FYI Sherando was better than both last season. Say it ain't so Joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT