ADVERTISEMENT

I promise not to rag on anyone's schedule...

Yet your complaining, but thought enough of the topic to comment... Go figure... Even further you bring FH into the conversation when no mention was made of them in my original post. Seems like a lot of you attack dogs have a little big man complex and insecurities and are trying to convince others bc you're not convinced yourself... If you feel you have nothing to prove why constantly try and prove something. Lol which is it?
Sherando is the best Team FH has played in about 5 years, not sure where this is coming from that you think they are some horrible Team............
If FH loses this year it will be to Sherando, I don't think there was 6 Public Schools in the State of Maryland that would of beat last years Sherando Team

Sherando beat Martinsburg last year. Martinsburg may have been a little down by Martinsburg standards, but nobody "terrible" beats Martinsburg.

Reactions: towpath94
Sherando is the best Team FH has played in about 5 years, not sure where this is coming from that you think they are some horrible Team............
If FH loses this year it will be to Sherando, I don't think there was 6 Public Schools in the State of Maryland that would of beat last years Sherando Team

"Sherando is the best Team FH has played in about 5 years, not sure where this is coming from that you think they are some horrible Team............"

1. If you're going back 5 years from the time of the Sherando game that puts us at the 2010 season.. FH lost 4 games that year MSJ, Martinsburg, TJ, and Dunbar. All of which beat Sherando... Never said they were "horrible". Just not as good as everyone thought so please don't put words in my mouth... But last year's game appeared a lot closer than what it was bc of the referees killing FH drives and extending Sherando drives with opportunistic penalties in the first half... Yet they still lost on their home field to a bunch of underclassmen. This yr. Sherando lost a lot and FH returns a lot. It won't be close at Greenway....

2. You're right about FH losing this year it will be to Sherando but that's bc they play no one else on their schedule..

3. As to your point about Md not having 6 public school better than Sherando. I really can't speak to that. I didn't see all the public schools listed in the media poll play let alone the rest of the md public schools.. And I would venture to guess neither did you... Which leads me back to my original post about the typical homers coming on here bragging about how great their team is and in this case their teams opponents yet their team refuses to play anyone good in Maryland... So what we're left with is a lot of fans blowing hot air and making unfounded and unsubstantiated claims to greatness...

Sherando beat Martinsburg last year. Martinsburg may have been a little down by Martinsburg standards, but nobody "terrible" beats Martinsburg.

Once again I never said Sherando was "terrible" or "horrible" if you people are going to quote me at least quote me right... Misquoting me takes away from the credibility of your argument and is also a distraction. So please please please quote me correctly...

You did say that TJ, Martinsburg, MSJ and Dunbar beat Sherando in 2010. None of those teams played Sherando in 2010. You should do a little research before you spout off once in a while.

Lets get back to the real joke of Allegany County. Mountain Ridge. The largest school in the county, the only 2A, and check out that schedule! But you have nothing to say, is it because they aren't the red and white team on the hill.

Once again I never said Sherando was "terrible" or "horrible" or any other adjective if you people are going to quote me at least quote me right... Misquoting me takes away from the credibility of your argument and is also a distraction. So please please please quote me correctly...
You did say that TJ, Martinsburg, MSJ and Dunbar beat Sherando in 2010. None of those teams played Sherando in 2010. You should do a little research before you spout off once in a while.

Lets get back to the real joke of Allegany County. Mountain Ridge. The largest school in the county, the only 2A, and check out that schedule! But you have nothing to say, is it because they aren't the red and white team on the hill.

What you attributed to me as saying,

"You did say that TJ, Martinsburg, MSJ and Dunbar beat Sherando in 2010."

What I actually said,

"FH lost 4 games that year MSJ, Martinsburg, TJ, and Dunbar. All of which beat Sherando..."

What's with you FH homers and your inability to quote accurately??? You guys sound like Donald Trump 2.0

And then you go as far as to tell me to research? Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to read???
"Before you spout off once in a while"

As far as Mountain Ridge I thought this statement in my original post covered them

"I promise not rail against the cream puff schedules of area teams. "

Last time I checked mountain ridge is an area team but since you have such a hard time with reading comprehension I will put it in layman's terms for you... Mountain ridge's schedule sucks too!! There you happy?? In the essence of saving time how about you give me a list of teams you want me to say that their schedules suck since you're having a hard time with reading comprehension and such phrases as the "cream puff schedules of area teams."

Last edited:
"What's with you FH homers and your inability to quote accurately??? You guys sound like Donald Trump 2.0
."

You're "With Her" - just another puffed up, tin pot blowhard that likely hasn't varied one angstrom from the public tit all his life - and being concerned about his phony-baloney, plastic banana existence he takes it out on the good folks in this forum.

I didn't quote you, I merely took what you said and showed that the statement was false, at best, it was a poorly phrased opinion. (If you didn't intend to say that the four teams you mentioned beat Sherando in 2010.) As far as understanding what I'm reading, my Master's studies were in Reading. I'm comfortable with what I feel the writer is saying. Maybe you need a little education to brush up on your skills. If you want, I'll give you a few tutor's names. that could help you

I didn't quote you, I merely took what you said and showed that the statement was false, at best, it was a poorly phrased opinion. (If you didn't intend to say that the four teams you mentioned beat Sherando in 2010.) As far as understanding what I'm reading, my Master's studies were in Reading. I'm comfortable with what I feel the writer is saying. Maybe you need a little education to brush up on your skills. If you want, I'll give you a few tutor's names. that could help you

With your master's studies in reading You should have known the "conditional tense" of the word beat... Used in regard to addressing bigdawgs assertion that Sherando was the best team on FH's schedule in the last five years... You must have gotten an F in reading comprehension...

Last edited:

Let me simplify things for you... Based on the "condition" of "If" they would have played I feel that they "would have beaten" Sherando...
Once again This is an adressment to bigdawgs assertion that Sherando was the best team on FH's schedule in the last 5 yrs... Reading comprehension and context is a fundamental skill you seem to be lacking...

Last edited:
Get those PG County schools up here? Where are they? Screw the travel rules. Thats just a lame excuse.. FH a top 25 team? Ask the state media, don't bark here. I've told Boyz before and I'll repeat it again...PG County can't hold a candle to Allegany County when it comes to pigskin. It's not even close. Everyone can see how piss poor they are at the 1A level. That's how you compare. Combine Alco and FH and see what happens. Stop back here next year at this time and we can talk about FH going for their 5th straight title which has never been done before in any class. You type that it doesn't matter but I'm sure you grind teeth at night dreading the thought.

I actually respect the passion you have for FH, but you are the only person talking about PG schools. The last conversation about this was months ago. Yesterday you brought up the Duval scrimmage. Why do you keep bringing this up? I thought this was a WMD board?

Fort Hill had the opportunity to play good PG schools for several years in a row and turned it down every time. People who follow MD prep sports know this, nobody in state media will put FH even in the Top 40 schools. FH hasn't even played a Top 40 Maryland school in probably 10 years because Helmick and Appel know what will happen. There's a reason you repeatedly seek out Capitol Christian, Walter Johnson, Silver Oak and Fairmont Heights. The media football poll you guys love comes from somebody out of Frederick.

If you read the other post about how many local players are currently playing college ball, there are only 4 players from FH, almost as many as from Alco (3). Last year Wise had 13 players sign in ONE class and they have a junior already signed with North Carolina (note 3 more players signed after this article was published):

http://www.thesentinel.com/pgs/inde...en-signees-on-national-signing-day&Itemid=323

Last year Duval had Wise 7-7 at halftime, before they lost their best player to injury , and that player eventually signed with UMD. How many players from FH have recently signed with colleges and then came back home after one year when they realized they weren't playing against 1A level talent any more? Check the Stags roster. Please stick to talking about what you know. You and Big Dawg are completely clueless when it comes to understanding what's going in the rest of the state.

The truth hurts doesn't it, lol

Hey, I talked about PG County schools, too. My statement was that FH played the best 1A school PG County had to offer, and it wasn't even remotely close.

Sure, your come back is 1A football sucks, but that doesnt belabor the fact that 1A football in PG county must REALLY suck. Fort Hill might be really competitive if they played in 2A right now...right NOW. But runs like this come only every so often. The difference between the top teams in 1A and the top teams in 2A is bigger than you admit. How well has the ever dominant Dunbar done since moving to 2A? They hadn't gone more than 1 year without winning a title in 12 years. They've since gone 3 years in 2A without a title. Don't think that's significant??

Why do we hold FH to a higher standard than anyone else in their classification? Boyz, you constantly throw out the "somebody said something at sometime" statement that out of area teams were afraid to play FH. I dont know specifically who, but lets just say that at some time in the past someone said something like that. Who is saying that NOW? If no one, then why do you insist on rehashing the argument? Is that all you have? I personally have never claimed teams are "afraid" to play FH. Unless the terminology was "afraid to add another good team" because of scheduling for the playoffs. In which case, "afraid" refers to jeopardizing the playoff spot, not afraid of FH. These teams in leagues downstate are already playing in conferences against tough, out-of-class teams...why add on another game against an out of conference, faraway team that may be a loss? That's not called afraid to play, that's called working the system. Every public school is doing it.

Dunbar made a killing beating up on lesser teams to control 1A. The only team that was really even competitive with them during their 1A title runs ...was FH.

From 2006-2012..how many of BnB's top 50 Maryland teams did Dunbar play on their schedules?

Just going off playoff teams played:

In 2006 Dunbar played eventual 2A champion Edmondson, 3A North Region Finalist City College, 3A Playoff team Mervo, and 10-1 MIAA Loyola.
In 2007 they played 2A Playoff Teams City College, Edmondson, and Poly and 3A Playoff Team Mervo.
2008 they played and lost their only game by one point to PG County 2A Playoff team Gwynn Park (the 2nd game of a home and home) and 3 other 2A/3A playoff teams.
2009 they played 3A playoff team Poly, 2A playoff team Lake Clifton and 4A Playoff team Patterson.
2010 City College was a 2A playoff team, and Patterson was a 4A playoff team.
2011 they played Dunbar (DC) 2A Playoff team Edmondson,3A playoff team Digital Harbor, and 4A playoff team Poly.
2012 they played 2A playoff team Edmondson, and 2A Playoff team Douglass.

Reactions: bigsavage
This shit again? Savage you tried your best, man. I thought this was going well at first.

This shit again? Savage you tried your best, man. I thought this was going well at first.

Starting a thread as a horseth asseth by stating "I promise not (to) rail against the cream puff schedules...so long as the typical homers don't come on here beating their chest..." is an abysmal poverty of best.

Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school that plays a schedule tougher than Fort Hill. I'll patiently wait!!!!

Lol does it make it any less cream puff??? Once again for about the fourth time, this thread wasn't started singling out one team... But it seems like FH people keep bringing FH into the discussion.. Then these same people get offended that FH is made the topic of discussion... Whether or not FH plays the toughest schedule in 1a is a moot point. The schedule is still a turd floating around in a bucket of shit.... It is what it is... If you don't know what a bucket of shit smells like let me tell you it stinks!!! And for everyone that says, what about everyone else's schedule and for
the reading impaired, the phrase "cream puff schedules of area teams" includes Mt. Ridge, Northern, Allegany, Frankfort, Southern, Moorefield, Petersburg, as some like to point out Hancock and last but not least Fort Hill... I'm purposely excluding Keyser... My apologies if I left anyone out. If you feel some type of way bc I left a team off the list that you feel should be on the list please feel free to add them...

Let's play football!!! and shut up about the "What Ifs" and "Why nots!" FH has a working formula...a great mix of hard work and family spirit! It's a rare thing for a team to have such an outstanding run! It may continue and we hope and pray it does! These kids that have and will play for FH will remember this era as something special! Who cares if these sideline QB's are critical...It's high school football! Grow up!

Go Big Red!

Would someone PLEASE name the 1A school that plays a schedule tougher than Fort Hill. I'll patiently wait!!!!

Wouldn't know if you would consider this "tougher" and there is the important caveat of league play but Fairmont Heights will play DC public school champion HD Woodson, 7 win 2A Largo, 7 win 2A (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park and 1A State Champion Fort Hill this year with a possible scrimmage against Duval on the 20th.

Staying in 1A North there is the case of McDonough, the smallest school in the SMAC and probably the best team in 1A North (not saying much, I know) that is effectively league scheduled out of the postseason. Their schedule includes 3 of the 4 2A South qualifiers from last year(including 2A champion Patuxent) 2 teams that believe they can and should make the 2A playoffs in Lackey (6 wins last year) and Westlake (7-3 last year). They also have 4A Chopticon (6-4 last year) and 5-5 potential 3A playoff teams Northern (Calvert) and St. Charles ( which drew most of their student population from what was McDonough territory).

Hey, I talked about PG County schools, too. My statement was that FH played the best 1A school PG County had to offer, and it wasn't even remotely close.

Why do we hold FH to a higher standard than anyone else in their classification? Boyz, you constantly throw out the "somebody said something at sometime" statement that out of area teams were afraid to play FH. I dont know specifically who, but lets just say that at some time in the past someone said something like that. Who is saying that NOW? If no one, then why do you insist on rehashing the argument? Is that all you have? I personally have never claimed teams are "afraid" to play FH. Unless the terminology was "afraid to add another good team" because of scheduling for the playoffs. In which case, "afraid" refers to jeopardizing the playoff spot, not afraid of FH. These teams in leagues downstate are already playing in conferences against tough, out-of-class teams...why add on another game against an out of conference, faraway team that may be a loss? That's not called afraid to play, that's called working the system. Every public school is doing it.

Dunbar made a killing beating up on lesser teams to control 1A. The only team that was really even competitive with them during their 1A title runs ...was FH.

From 2006-2012..how many of BnB's top 50 Maryland teams did Dunbar play on their schedules?

Just for the record, my comments were for Brian who is still bringing up conversations from several months ago. This topic is about WMD schedules. If he wants to continue to discuss compare FH vs PG programs who are serious about football, I would be happy to.

FH is definitely the best Maryland 1A team. I agree with you 100%. PG only has two 1A schools and I have explained before why they don't produce very good football teams.

If you look at the 1A champions for the last 10 years, only three teams have won it. Dunbar, Catoctin and Fort Hill. Dunbar and Catoctin are now 2A, and they haven't had nearly as much success in 2A. Why do people think FH would go to 2A and fare any differently than Dunbar? A team they NEVER defeated in recent years.

Staying in 1A North there is the case of McDonough, the smallest school in the SMAC and probably the best team in 1A North (not saying much, I know) that is effectively league scheduled out of the postseason. Their schedule includes 3 of the 4 2A South qualifiers from last year(including 2A champion Patuxent) 2 teams that believe they can and should make the 2A playoffs in Lackey (6 wins last year) and Westlake (7-3 last year). They also have 4A Chopticon (6-4 last year) and 5-5 potential 3A playoff teams Northern (Calvert) and St. Charles ( which drew most of their student population from what was McDonough territory).

Mums the word... I hear nothing but crickets chirping... Excellent insight ultrawalt

Why do people think FH would go to 2A and fare any differently than Dunbar? A team they NEVER defeated in recent years.

I DONT! i specifically said I don't.

That's my whole point. YOU are the one who is shellacking FH for playing a "weak" 1A schedule and not against the top 50 teams in Maryland. And we keep reminding you that FH is still a 1A team..yes, a very strong 1A team that might be competitive in 2A, though probably not winning multiple titles.... But as Dunbar and Catoctin have proven, 1A success doesn't translate to 2A success.

So ...since you and I are both agreeing that there is a significant difference between 2A and 1A in terms of success...why are you so hellbent on wanting FH to play a schedule that more closely resembles a school in a larger classification? they are a 1A team playing a good schedule for a 1A team to prepare themselves for the 1A title run. As proven, playing a tougher schedule by virtue of scheduling specific teams or being in a larger class, doesnt amount to much success.

Also, ultrawalt, none of those teams on Dunbar's past schedules are in the top 50 teams in Maryland (I think even BnB would agree with me there). Listing their former opponents who were "playoff teams" doesnt make them top 50 caliber, as Boyz would classify them. Also, out of all those "playoff teams" only one actually won anything. FH has also played a lot of "playoff teams" who didn't win titles. I was specifically trying to determine how many top 50 programs in maryland Dunbar played in all those dominant years, to coincide with what BoyznBlue is saying about FH's schedule being weak. The point is, they weren't playing any Good Counsels or Wises or Linganores, either.

Using the max preps final rankings Dunbar played the #9,24, and 4 teams in the state in 2006. In 2007 they played 2 top 50 teams (#42 & 43). In 2008 they played the #17 and #43 teams. In 2009 they played one top 50 team and another just outside of the top 50. In 2010 there is one top 50 team. In 2011 there are two top 50 teams and 2 or 3 more just outside of the top 50. In 2012 there are 2 top 50 teams (Including a top 10 team) and one more in the 55 range.

Your first mistake was using MaxPreps.

Unless you agree that FH is the #23 team in the state, as MaxPreps says.

How many PG County 1A schools have produced college scholarships? You get my point Boyz? I believe you must have failed math in school. FH is a 1A school. Why do you cotinually want to compare them with teams like 4A Wise? That's why you are a dumbass.

Once again, if we combine FH, Alco and MR to match enrollments we would dust the living crap out of 95% of PG County teams. But if you want to continue to compare 1A FH with the likes of 3A and 4A powers then thanks for the huge compliment.

FH playing for record 4th straight title. That's what we do. What PG County school is capable of the same? The truth hurts doesn't it, lol.

Now go ahead with your continual inept replies of comparing 1A FH to 4A schools. It's the dumbest thing I have ever heard here.

Using the top 50 qualifier there aren't many places doing rankings that far down for Maryland so you use what's available as an approximation.

Fhhsahs give it a break... You've been disproven by ultrawalt... It's time to move on..

Just comparing max preps to the top 25 MD poll in 2006, Loyola finished 5th, Edmondson 12th and City College 19th. Dunbar finished 21st. Average ranking of those teams in the max preps poll was 12.3 and in the state poll the average ranking was 12.

:eek::D
Just comparing max preps to the top 25 MD poll in 2006, Loyola finished 5th, Edmondson 12th and City College 19th. Dunbar finished 21st. Average ranking of those teams in the max preps poll was 12.3 and in the state poll the average ranking was 12.

Well there you have it folks....

I'm sure there will be more excuse... Sun was too bright, it was raining, they wear Nike uniforms we only play teams with under armour uniforms, Dunbar didn't play teams in the top 50 (come to find out they actually did), why do we have to? PG county schools aren't allowed to travel this far with the exception of certain hand picked cream puffs and the excuses go on and on and on Blah blah blah!

Wouldn't know if you would consider this "tougher" and there is the important caveat of league play but Fairmont Heights will play DC public school champion HD Woodson, 7 win 2A Largo, 7 win 2A (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park and 1A State Champion Fort Hill this year with a possible scrimmage against Duval on the 20th.

Crickets

ultrawalt you're a breath of fresh air... Its good to see someone else on this board that uses logic and fact and not vitrial and emotion to support your argument... hopefully you have silenced those that are drunk off the kool aid that these area schedulers are serving up...

Using the max preps final rankings Dunbar played the #9,24, and 4 teams in the state in 2006.

they also played the #18 ranked team in the state. Fort Hill.

In 2007 they played 2 top 50 teams (#42 & 43).

They also played the #13 team in the state, Allegany. Whom Fort Hill, the #23 team in the state, also played.

In 2008 they played the #17 and #43 teams.

And the #12 team in the state, FH.

In 2009 they played one top 50 team and another just outside of the top 50.
In 2010 there is one top 50 team. In 2011 there are two top 50 teams and 2 or 3 more just outside of the top 50. In 2012 there are 2 top 50 teams (Including a top 10 team) and one more in the 55 range.

I think you get my point, I'm not going to go through where FH was ranked each year and so forth. But as long as you are comfortable using MaxPreps rankings, then you'll see that while Fort Hill may not have a lot of these Maryland teams on their schedule every year, they themselves are not only consistently ranked in the top 50, but in the top 25. For the record, South High has been top 50 the last few years as well.

We can probably all find stats that support our argument somehow, and thats all fun and games. But when it all comes down to it, FH plays a 1A schedule, in 1A and has been winning titles. This wont always be the case as population fluctuates and talent ebbs and flows.

Fhhsahs give it a break... You've been disproven by ultrawalt... It's time to move on..

Actually, no I used Ultrawalts own links to prove that FH is indeed a consistent top 25 team. I think the discussion is pretty much done.

Actually, no I used Ultrawalts own links to prove that FH is indeed a consistent top 25 team. I think the discussion is pretty much done.

Buddy I never said FH wasn't a top 25 team... In fact I think they are... So I don't understand your point?? Can you explain?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT