ADVERTISEMENT

I promise not to rag on anyone's schedule...

Fort Hill is competing in 1a we schedule 1a competitive schedule. I am not sure what the complainers are talking about?

In week one we are playing Brunswick who is listed as the number two team on maxpreps.com behind them is Alco who is the number three team in the state, and they are also on our schedule.

Looks like we are playing the best of the best within the competitive level of which we are playing

Do you bitch and complain the Floyd Mayweather Junior is not fighting heavyweights if not then shut your ****ing mouth

It is obvious all you want to do is see Fort Hill schedule themselves out of the playoffs so Alco can fill the void

We're playing some great schools in higher classes in multiple states. You had the same complaint about Kent island who barely lost to Dunbar to go into the state game that year. You Savage are a whiney dude, and hater of local success

Except reality and quit acting like a crybaby

Seriously dude, we all see you are a troll. This isn't the Elementary school playground for you to bully around people who are doing things way better than you... You know, .... being successful

Last edited:
It baffles me someone is so hung on HS football, that they encourage putting children at risk. Many players at 1a are on the field most of the game, and are never fresh. To ask them to compete with schools triple the population is shameful. Just stop talking, you look like a idiot!

Local schools are working with what they have bro

They are the best team in 1A and proved it for the past 3 years, and 1A is all they are competing with.

Your argument that they should be competing with more talented schools to get exposure is ridiculous. If you put a single player with division I talent onto a field with 20 players with the division one talent he will never have the opportunity to shine. It would be too lopsided for that individual to ever showcase their ability.

You sir are just a hater

Last edited:
Fort Hill is competing in 1a we schedule 1a competitive schedule. I am not sure what the complainers are talking about?

In week one we are playing Boonsboro who is listed as the number two team on maxpreps.com behind them is Alco who is the number three team in the state, and they are also on our schedule.

Looks like we are playing the best of the best within the competitive level of which we are playing

Do you bitch and complain the Floyd Mayweather Junior is not fighting heavyweights if not then shut your ****ing mouth

It is obvious all you want to do is see Fort Hill schedule themselves out of the playoffs so Alco can fill the void

We're playing some great schools in higher classes in multiple states. You had the same complaint about Kent island who barely lost to Dunbar to go into the state game that year. You Savage are a whiney dude, and hater of local success

Except reality and quit acting like a crybaby

Seriously dude, we all see you are a troll. This isn't the Elementary school playground for you to bully around people who are doing things way better than you... You know, .... being successful

"Do you bitch and complain the Floyd Mayweather Junior is not fighting heavyweights if not then shut your ****ing mouth"

A little late aren't we?? I thought it has already been resolved that FH's schedule sucks along with the rest of the area schedules???
I tell you what, I'll pay you $500 to try and shut my mouth for me tough Tony... But we all know you just another keyboard commando...

Last edited:
That's what I've been waiting for, where do I go to collect my 500 dollars. I'm going to love this. The K bar has always been a good spot for me.

That's what I've been waiting for, where do I go to collect my 500 dollars. I'm going to love this. The K bar has always been a good spot for me.

Judging from our previous conversations I'm surprised you were able to read and comprehend what I typed.... The "K-bar?" I'm sorry but I don't pick on women, senior citzens or the mentally challenged. Beings that it looks like you fit all three criteria you're disqualified....

Hell last year I put out a $2000 challenge for Fort Hill to schedule someone good.. As you can see no takers... That 2k sure would have went a long way towards that Canadian teams hotel costs lol... Same here the only response I get is from a loud mouth woman who can barely read... Same story different day.. Just a bunch of hot air blow hards...

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Hell last year I put out a $2000 challenge for Fort Hill to schedule someone good.. As you can see no takers... That 2k sure would have went a long way towards that Canadian teams hotel costs lol... Same here the only response I get is from a loud mouth woman who can barely read... Same story different day.. Just a bunch of hot air blow hards...

The hot air is coming from you! Someone hit you with reason and logic, and than (since you couldn't) respond with a decent rebuttal, you decide to jump to violence. That's shows the level, and the character of the person to whom I am addressing.

Haters gonna hate.

To quote the writer that wrote that amazing artical after the south Hagerstown game "Usually fans in a winning tradition irk those who wish they had one."

To ask a 1A school to keep up with schools triple the enrollment and can constantly have fresh players on the field is asinine, and shows you just want to dance on the grave of a beatin FH. That's kind of pathetic.

FH is listed I the top 8 of PUBLIC schools in the state, and including ALL 4 CLASSES. Recognized by sports writers all over the state. But sure... Your opinion is the one that matters

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
We can all post whatever we want on message boards. The assertion that the schedule is not good is just as valid as the assertion that it is. Sid's top 50 teams are just as arbitrary as bigsavage's $2000 challenge or my opinion that FH's schedule is fine. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And they all are full of shit.

The hot air is coming from you! Someone hit you with reason and logic, and than (since you couldn't) respond with a decent rebuttal, you decide to jump to violence. That's shows the level, and the character of the person to whom I am addressing.

Haters gonna hate.

To quote the writer that wrote that amazing artical after the south Hagerstown game "Usually fans in a winning tradition irk those who wish they had one."

To ask a 1A school to keep up with schools triple the enrollment and can constantly have fresh players on the field is asinine, and shows you just want to dance on the grave of a beatin FH. That's kind of pathetic.

FH is listed I the top 8 of PUBLIC schools in the state, and including ALL 4 CLASSES. Recognized by sports writers all over the state. But sure... Your opinion is the one that matters

You cussed me out and then you want to talk about character??? You told me "shut my ****ing mouth" and now you want to cop a plea bargain when your ho card gets pulled? Puhlleasse lol... That's typical from people of your kind... "Loud as a motorbike but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight".
And I never addressed your so-called "reason and logic" bc no one ever said FH should play "schools triple the enrollment"
That's the lie and tactic you're employing to distract from the fact that FH has such a lousy schedule.. So thats why I never addressed your dumb false assertions bc like you, they're a waste of my time.. But back to the matter at hand don't cuss and call someone out their name and then preach to me about character and it would be wise not to write checks your ass can't cash, boy...

Last edited:
That sir was a response to all the trash I read throughout this thread. You're being a troll, and in no way do you believe the words that you are typing. Your whole purpose on here is to trigger people about HS football. Forget coming together as a community to support the kids of our area. No that's to hard for Mr Savage.

The fact is you seem troubled as a human. Your spite towards FH goes deeper than who they play.

Maybe you always wanted to go there but couldn't.

Maybe you went there and couldn't make it through all the 2 a days so you quit.

Maybe your dad played in his youth, and when he drank he would tell you how you could never make it as a sentinel.

Maybe you played against Cumberland teams your whole youth and could never beat them.

What ever it is... It isn't the FH schedule you have a problem with.. The problem is in your head and you need to work it out. But keep telling yourself it's the schedule...

Btw One thing FH doesn't get to schedule is the playoffs... But they too (with the exception of Alco) seemed kinda cupcake-ish to a team that has the kind of program FH does

That sir was a response to all the trash I read throughout this thread. You're being a troll, and in no way do you believe the words that you are typing. Your whole purpose on here is to trigger people about HS football. Forget coming together as a community to support the kids of our area. No that's to hard for Mr Savage.

The fact is you seem troubled as a human. Your spite towards FH goes deeper than who they play.

Maybe you always wanted to go there but couldn't.

Maybe you went there and couldn't make it through all the 2 a days so you quit.

Maybe your dad played in his youth, and when he drank he would tell you how you could never make it as a sentinel.

Maybe you played against Cumberland teams your whole youth and could never beat them.

What ever it is... It isn't the FH schedule you have a problem with.. The problem is in your head and you need to work it out. But keep telling yourself it's the schedule...

Btw One thing FH doesn't get to schedule is the playoffs... But they too (with the exception of Alco) seemed kinda cupcake-ish to a team that has the kind of program FH does

You're just a blow hard that likes to see himself type... You can tell me to "shut my ****ing mouth" but you'll never be man enough to shut it.. And no matter how dissatisfied you think I am at FH, knowing that you could never be man enough to do something about it makes it all better lol Bye Felicia!

Last edited:
And I never addressed your so-called "reason and logic" bc no one ever said FH should play "schools triple the enrollment"

Getting back on track, since I'm all for an actual discussion...unless I missed it, did anyone speaking ill of the schedule say who specifically FH should be playing? I mean, don't just say "better teams", that's arbitrary...in any given year Alco, Keyser, Hollidaysburg, Sherando and South High could very well beat FH. Keyser did last year, Alco stayed within a TD of FH in the playoffs last year...etc...so its not fair to say those teams aren't good enough. That's half the schedule.

And outside of this recent string of exceptionally good teams FH has fielded, there could be multiple losses out of that list of opponents. From season to season, a perceived "easy" schedule could be a "tough" schedule.

Is it not reasonable to schedule teams that should give you a good game, but you should be able to win if you play the way you're capable? Or said differently, teams that could beat you if you dont play your A game? FH didnt play their A game last year against a Keyser team that was getting it done..and a loss was the result.

Clearfield was a bust last year, I agree. But this was a team who went to the semifinals in the PA AAA playoffs. How do you know ahead of time that wont be a good game?? FH was just a much better team.

I get it, Silver Oak and some of those teams aren't "tough games" but you cant schedule 10 straight tough games. No one does that. What is a "good" (and legitimately feasible) FH schedule supposed to look like?

Getting back on track, since I'm all for an actual discussion...unless I missed it, did anyone speaking ill of the schedule say who specifically FH should be playing? I mean, don't just say "better teams", that's arbitrary...in any given year Alco, Keyser, Hollidaysburg, Sherando and South High could very well beat FH. Keyser did last year, Alco stayed within a TD of FH in the playoffs last year...etc...so its not fair to say those teams aren't good enough. That's half the schedule.

And outside of this recent string of exceptionally good teams FH has fielded, there could be multiple losses out of that list of opponents. From season to season, a perceived "easy" schedule could be a "tough" schedule.

Is it not reasonable to schedule teams that should give you a good game, but you should be able to win if you play the way you're capable? Or said differently, teams that could beat you if you dont play your A game? FH didnt play their A game last year against a Keyser team that was getting it done..and a loss was the result.

Clearfield was a bust last year, I agree. But this was a team who went to the semifinals in the PA AAA playoffs. How do you know ahead of time that wont be a good game?? FH was just a much better team.

I get it, Silver Oak and some of those teams aren't "tough games" but you cant schedule 10 straight tough games. No one does that. What is a "good" (and legitimately feasible) FH schedule supposed to look like?

Before ultrawalt had to put all the FH homers in their place.. They were saying FH has the toughest 1a schedule...

ultrawalt said:
Wouldn't know if you would consider this "tougher" and there is the important caveat of league play but Fairmont Heights will play DC public school champion HD Woodson, 7 win 2A Largo, 7 win 2A (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park and 1A State Champion Fort Hill this year with a possible scrimmage against Duval on the 20th.

Fhhsahs since you asked... Something like Fairmont Heights schedule is what 3x defending state champion FH's schedule should look like but instead FH's schedule looks like something Fairmont Heights should be scheduling... FH schedule is full of cream puffs, paper tigers and a team that was relevant 3 decades ago in Allegany in terms of being a consistent power... As far as FH's opponents when Allegany actually wins a game this decade maybe we can start talking about Allegany being good enough... Hell genesneaky COULD take me up on my $500 wager but the likelihood is it ain't happening... The moon COULD fall from the sky... See where I'm going with this?

But I forgot in order for FH to schedule those teams you would have to get the mythical wizard of pg county to approve their travel and he only seems to like letting the Fairmont Heights of that area go beyond sidling hill.
Btw Potomac has 2 kids that signed with Maryland perfect opportunity to showcase your talent... And they're not that mythical 3 times the size number y'all like thowing out there... Here's a novel idea instead of seeking out the silver oaks and Fairmont Heights of the world how about seeking out some teams with actual talent??? It's quite simple to look for next year's talent and see who they play for and try and schedule a game...

Last edited:
You're just a blow hard that likes to see himself type... You can tell me to "shut my ****ing mouth" but you'll never be man enough to shut it.. And no matter how dissatisfied you think I am at FH, knowing that you could never be man enough to do something about it makes it all better lol Bye Felicia!

So it was your father? Obviously raised you through intimidation, and never allowed you to speak... Got it. Well I hope things work out for you and confront what's holding your heart back from being genuinely satisified with life.

In the future I feel you should refrain from anti-intellectualism, for it dismisses the necessity to be engaged in a critical argument. It's the kids that are made to suffer from such, and road blocks the relationships in our community.

So it was your father? Obviously raised you through intimidation, and never allowed you to speak... Got it. Well I hope things work out for you and confront what's holding your heart back from being genuinely satisified with life.

In the future I feel you should refrain from anti-intellectualism, for it dismisses the necessity to be engaged in a critical argument. It's the kids that are made to suffer from such, and road blocks the relationships in our community.

Awww fagmeister I mean lagmeister in disguise.. You must have grown tired of me ignoring you so you switched usernames... You're back on ignore

Dude I've been on here for years.

Didn't FH get the #1 seed last year in their nine game schedule due to bonus points???

Bonus points we got from teams that beat other teams...

Or do we just schedule cupcakes that have cupcake schedules? We must tell the cupcakes we play who they are also allowed to schedule to get us those bonus points... Conspiracy confirmed

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I guess Im having a hard time seeing how 7 win 2A Largo is a step up from 9 win 4A Sherando.

I'd like to see Douglass back on the schedule, tho.

Largo isn't a good football team. I see 4 quality opponents on Fairmont Heights schedule(5if you count FH) and realistically 3 on FH schedule (Keyser,SH and Sherando) a case can be made for Alco(4). Fair Heights is locked into league play as well guaranteeing those schools on the schedule year in and year out. Schools like that have a majority of their weeks filled up on their schedule without even looking for schools. They don't have to go look for 7 games a year when other teams schedules are filled. Does Silver Oak suck? Yeah, but FH shouldn't schedule their self out of the playoffs either. Truth is, no other 1A in MD plays a drastically more difficult schedule

Reactions: FHHSAHS
Before ultrawalt had to put all the FH homers in their place.. They were saying FH has the toughest 1a schedule...

ultrawalt said:
Wouldn't know if you would consider this "tougher" and there is the important caveat of league play but Fairmont Heights will play DC public school champion HD Woodson, 7 win 2A Largo, 7 win 2A (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park and 1A State Champion Fort Hill this year with a possible scrimmage against Duval on the 20th.

Fhhsahs since you asked... Something like Fairmont Heights schedule is what 3x defending state champion FH's schedule should look like but instead FH's schedule looks like something Fairmont Heights should be scheduling... FH schedule is full of cream puffs, paper tigers and a team that was relevant 3 decades ago in Allegany in terms of being a consistent power... As far as FH's opponents when Allegany actually wins a game this decade maybe we can start talking about Allegany being good enough... Hell genesneaky COULD take me up on my $500 wager but the likelihood is it ain't happening... The moon COULD fall from the sky... See where I'm going with this?

If FH played H.D Woodson and won, you would have them on your cupcake list because they're a DC school.

Largo, Douglass, Potomac, Gwynn Park and DuVal are ALL PG county schools. Fairmont Heights is one of two 1A schools in PG County. Be nice to have a number of schools in your county to help fill out a schedule wouldn't it? Sure save on expenses.

For bigsavage and all others.... I've asked before- what 1A school plays a tougher schedule than FH? I got one, and only one, response- Fairmont Heights. Maybe so, maybe not. But if that is indeed true, that's ONE. Who else????

For bigsavage and all others.... I've asked before- what 1A school plays a tougher schedule than FH? I got one, and only one, response- Fairmont Heights. Maybe so, maybe not. But if that is indeed true, that's ONE. Who else????

Lol now it's "who else"?? You got your answer the first time and was forced to eat crow. Now you want to rephrase your statement and move the goal posts... You were proven wrong just accept defeat.. Someone would show you another team and you would say "who else" again... Lol

Last edited:
I guess Im having a hard time seeing how 7 win 2A Largo is a step up from 9 win 4A Sherando.

I'd like to see Douglass back on the schedule, tho.

With all due respect bc our conversations have been respectful. But I think you're having hard time seeing bc you're being a bit disingenuous.. Why compare 4a Sherando to 2a largo and overlook the rest of their schedule.. No one said "everyone" on Fairmont Heights schedule is better... But why not compare the overall schedule? And why over look the DC public school champion HD Woodson, (2014 2A Champion) Douglass, 3A South region champion Potomac, 2A South finalist Gwynn Park??? This is why we can't have an honest discussion bc no one seems to be honest... Its like everyone wants to use slight of hand tricks to distract and deflect its like saying "we want area schools to play other schools 3 times their size" when no one said that at all. And then they get mad when you don't want to address their outlandish and flat out false statements.. Or you address it and then they move the goal posts and say "who else" plays a tougher schedule lol

If FH played H.D Woodson and won, you would have them on your cupcake list because they're a DC school.

Largo, Douglass, Potomac, Gwynn Park and DuVal are ALL PG county schools. Fairmont Heights is one of two 1A schools in PG County. Be nice to have a number of schools in your county to help fill out a schedule wouldn't it? Sure save on expenses.

HD Woodson beats playing MATHS and Silver Oak...

Hollidaysburg is no cake walk......

Sure we heard the same thing about Clearfield last year... According to maxpreps since 2010 Hollidaysburg has a combined record of 22 wins and -->32<-- LOSSES!!! Who are you trying to fool? I'm not drinking that kool aid... Hollidaysburg is cupcake and the FH schedulers knew it. They sold you on how good they were 25 years ago and you bought it...

Largo isn't a good football team. I see 4 quality opponents on Fairmont Heights schedule(5if you count FH) and realistically 3 on FH schedule (Keyser,SH and Sherando) a case can be made for Alco(4). Fair Heights is locked into league play as well guaranteeing those schools on the schedule year in and year out. Schools like that have a majority of their weeks filled up on their schedule without even looking for schools. They don't have to go look for 7 games a year when other teams schedules are filled. Does Silver Oak suck? Yeah, but FH shouldn't schedule their self out of the playoffs either. Truth is, no other 1A in MD plays a drastically more difficult schedule

"Truth is, no other 1A in MD plays a drastically more difficult schedule"

Before it was no one plays a more difficult schedule.. Now it's no one plays a drastically more difficult schedule.... Lol I love how you guys keep switching it up... Y'all more shiftier than a coon's ass...
Keyser sucks. They play FH tough bc they have the luxury of playing them for the last 100 years and they benefit from playing early in the season play FH at the 6,7, or 84th game of season and it would be no contest... When Keyser plays any other good team they get waxed... C'mon on SH really?? That doesn't even deserve a response... nor does Allegany. Why y'all want to keep throwing them in there they've lost 10 straight... If this was Mike Tyson's punch out they would be glass joe... There's one mildy good team on FH'S schedule and that's Sherando... I'm growing tired of this discussion so unless you guys can bring something more substantive and honest im finished with it..

Last edited:
In regards to HD Woodson, when talking up Wilson for the Quad scrimmage it was said that they may be the best DC public school in a long time and possibly find themselves ranked in the preseason Washington Post top 20 which would be "unheard of for a DC city school." The Washington Post top 20 was released this week and Wilson wasn't there (which isn't to say they won't be when it's all said and done); the DC public school team that is there (albeit at 20) is HD Woodson.

It isn't how "you guys". I'm not a FH person. Never said anything about their difficulty of their schedule or anything in that regard. Simply stating their schedule for a good 1A program is on par and better than a lot of other 1A schools. Also stating Largo sucks, which they do...

Keyser and South Hag would beat half the teams in that Pg county league

Last edited:
There is also 1A North McDonough in the SMAC possibly being essentially scheduled out of the playoffs as the smallest school in their conference. They play 3 of the 4 2A South playoff teams (Thomas Stone,Calvert and 2A State champion Patuxent), Westlake (7-3 a year ago and just missed the playoffs with the same point average as Douglass), Lackey, 4A Chopticon, and 3A St. Charles in year 3 of their program (5-5 last year after a 0-10 inaugural season and in some ways ahead of the development of North Point at similar places in their programs infancy)

Savage is just being a troll. No way is this man that uneducated that he believes the words he's writing. He just wants to get people upset from talking trash. This is 1a, and the fact FH is willing to play teams is high as 3A is amazing. I even remember a year we played 6 4a school in one season.

The program keeps getting better and better. The players are getting more and more exposure. We're moving in the right direction, and the local area kids are blessed to have this opportunity

Largo isn't traditionally very good at all but return most of the pieces from that 7-3 team that missed the playoffs and played both Gwynn Park and Douglass very well in late season games (playing Gwynn Park better in many ways than the 2A South #1 seed Thomas Stone that lost to the Yellow Jackets in the playoffs and losing by 8 to Douglass).

From the Washington Post preview: "Largo had its best season since 2002 a year ago, narrowly missing out on a playoff spot, and the Lions have enough pieces back to get over that postseason hump this fall. Senior Jabari Reddock, a potential Division I recruit, and returning starting quarterback Anthony Nelson, Jr. will lead the offense, while imposing defensive end Jovan Percy-Byrd causes problems on the other side of the ball. . . ."

In regards to HD Woodson, when talking up Wilson for the Quad scrimmage it was said that they may be the best DC public school in a long time and possibly find themselves ranked in the preseason Washington Post top 20 which would be "unheard of for a DC city school." The Washington Post top 20 was released this week and Wilson wasn't there (which isn't to say they won't be when it's all said and done); the DC public school team that is there (albeit at 20) is HD Woodson.

Just to be clear, I made that statement based on the Wilson players have being recruited for various colleges. And I did say "possibly". After seeing them at the Quad I came back and said I wasn't impressed by Wilson. The DC City league generally doesn't produce good football teams, and I was also surprised when they had HD Woodson at #20. The DC City league is on par talent-wise with Maryland 1A schools.

Reactions: ultrawalt
It isn't how "you guys". I'm not a FH person. Never said anything about their difficulty of their schedule or anything in that regard. Simply stating their schedule for a good 1A program is on par and better than a lot of other 1A schools. Also stating Largo sucks, which they do...

Keyser and South Hag would beat half the teams in that Pg county league

What you're saying is basically true. In PG County you have feast and famine. Keyser/South Hagerstown will beat the lower PG teams like Surrattsville, Fairmont Heights, Friendly, Largo, etc. - but the PG schools that are serious about football (Wise, E Roosevelt, Gwynn Park, Suitland, Bowie, DuVal) are going to beat them every year. Last year's Keyser squad would have finished no higher than 4th or 5th in 4A South.

Lol now it's "who else"?? You got your answer the first time and was forced to eat crow. Now you want to rephrase your statement and move the goal posts... You were proven wrong just accept defeat.. Someone would show you another team and you would say "who else" again... Lol
No, I was not proven wrong. I asked for teams and got one response. Not really sure if that assertion is correct. The point is all the people ragging on FH's Schedule combined can only come up with ONE ( maybe ) team with a tougher schedule. Even IF that's true, FH has the 2nd toughest schedule in 1A- hardly something to rag on!!!!

Good points BoyznBlue, looking at the high end talent you can certainly make that assumption before giving them the pads on test. I would say that the relative transience and administrative headache inherent in coaching any DC public school team result in teams taking a long time to gel and play up to their talent level usually taking until around week 4 to come into form. Unfortunately those weeks coming into form are spent playing in many cases private or out of state schools that can color perception. As for being on par talent wise with Maryland 1A I don't know if I would go fully behind that with the state of 1A football top to bottom. Since DC split their league in two for competitive purposes I would certainly agree that the teams from lower division DC "Stripes" division would certainly match in competitiveness with the 1A South Baltimore schools, sometimes coming out of the region and beating a semifinal opponent from the shore but no one school being a consistent title game threat. As for the upper "Stars" division I would slot the top teams in that division at the end of the year in the 2A ranks and a couple 3A regions for competive purposes. Again, I wouldn't say those teams would be consistent threats but they wouldn't look out of place against a lot of those teams. I would add 3A to that because top to bottom I view 2A as better as a whole than 3A at this time (not including Damascus or Linganore). This year for example I could easily see one of those DC publics winning the 3A East region playoffs as opposed to one of the 2A regions.

What you're saying is basically true. In PG County you have feast and famine. Keyser/South Hagerstown will beat the lower PG teams like Surrattsville, Fairmont Heights, Friendly, Largo, etc. - but the PG schools that are serious about football (Wise, E Roosevelt, Gwynn Park, Suitland, Bowie, DuVal) are going to beat them every year. Last year's Keyser squad would have finished no higher than 4th or 5th in 4A South.

Since Keyser would be a 1A school in Maryland for them to finish no higher than 4th or 5th in 4A South would surprise no one.

I agree, but finishing 4th-5th in that region isn't terrible either. Some of those serious schools aren't that great either. Up and down years with not a lot of consistency. I don't buy Keyser or SH not being able to beat them for consecutive years. Most of them are up and down. Now Wise is consistently good and a power in 4A overall. You're also taking a jump from the 1A-3A league to all 4A schools with double the enrollment as Keyser. South Hag can compete with some of those schools year in and out, win consistently, No

Looking at DC public school enrollment numbers with the charter school explosion in the city, the vast majority of those schools would be medium to small 1A schools using the MPSSAA 9-11 formula. The exception due to its location in the most affluent part of the city and reputation would be Wilson, which would easily be a 4A school. For comparison HD Woodson would be at 516 students in grades 9-11 giving them less students than Southern Garrett.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT