ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops....

Final Scores

FH 54 Alco 46
SHS 62 MR 42

Alco started 4th on 10-0 run to cut FH lead to 2. FH outscored Campers 9 to 1 down the stretch.

SHS/MR game was close early. Rams had what seemed like an 6 to 10 point lead from end of the 1st on. They stretched it out in the 4th.

Reactions: loco09
Frankfort beat Berkeley Springs by 30 to remain undefeated. They have both MR and SHS coming up in the next two weeks.

Reactions: Redwhite90
Frankfort might be the team to beat in both boys and girls basketball this year. Southern is good in both also.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Southern boys are good. Alco girls beat Southern girls 58 - 42 a couple weeks ago at Southern. Alco girls are one of the best teams in 1A. Today Frankfort girls beat Alco 64 - 35. Frankfort girls wont lose in the area.

I agree with fanatic... I think that the Frankfort girls and and Southern Boys are the two strongest teams in the area this year. I would be surprised if either lost to local teams for the rest of the season. I wish MR would have been at full strength at the MR/Southern game just to have seen a closer game. MR kept it close in the first half but that was mostly do to Southern’s poor FG %. Once players other than #4 started hitting in the second half, the outcome was never in question. Southern has handled this group from Frankfort in the past so unless they have added another outside/ inside threat other than their big man, I think they are favored in the matchup.

BW rolls ALCO 90-44. Allegany played tough for 3 quarters and arguable played their best game of the season those first three quarters but the injuries and lack of depth caught up as the game just turned into a scrimmage in the fourth basically.

Brennan White hit a handful of 3s for Alco.

BW plays against national #7 Oak Hill and #1 PG Cole Anthony on Friday. Will be a tough matchup and would be a big upset if they can pull it off

I wasnt at the Allegany game, but I heard BW did not sub until very late in the game.....very disappointing. I am definitely now jumping on the bandwagon of locals not playing them. Unfortunately its starting to look like they can blow out local public schools, but they cant play with the big boys. Unless they prove it to be wrong Friday.

They played 9 or 10 guys before halftime. 11 different guys scored, I mean they have to play their guys some, can't just say we'll play our bottom 6 guys. I look for the number of local games to be cut drastically regardless of how lopsided the scores are. And I don't think it's fair to be like they can't win a big game because they lose to the number 7 team in the country on Friday. They have nice wins already this season over Carroll and G'Town Prep with a bunch more opportunities coming up for big wins, not bad for a first year program, they certainly aren't an elite team yet but they are pretty good.

I could be wrong about BW, I heard today they had starters playing until about 7 minutes left in the game. Last weekend they got beat soundly by 2 schools that are no where near ranked in the top 40. Georgetown prep and those couple other schools were good wins, but I think that should be expected when you have players from numerous different countries

Frankfort @ southern should be a good game but I still give the edge to southern. They are playing at home and they beat frankfort last year by 4 at frankfort. Southern is very deep and is well coached. This frankfort team is pretty good also but I’m not sure if they will be able to come to southern and get a win.

Oak Hill has come back and found their hot hand and Cole Anthony is putting on a show as the #1 player in the country per some services. Oak Hill up by 6 in the 4th

Fort Hill 70 Mountain Ridge 57
Southern 64 Keyser 43
Salisbury 33 Northern 76
Frankfort 62 Moorefield 33

All finals
Wow, Fort Hill must have been on fire tonight! Good for them! Reports of their demise have been greatly exaggerated it seems........This sets up an interesting local game this Tuesday between Frankfort and Southern in Oakland.

Reactions: beall02
I think the local pecking order has shifted now to Southern, Frankfort, FH, Northern, everyone else.

Reactions: beall02
I think the local pecking order has shifted now to Southern, Frankfort, FH, Northern, everyone else.
Fort Hill has played well the past 2 weeks. Mountain Ridge has slipped for sure. I would agree with that order. Not sure about the Northern/Fort Hill order. Have they played this year yet?

If MR can get back to full strength I think they are right back in the mix but until then they have really fallen off. They could be a dangerous playoff team if they get healthy though

Fort Hill has played well the past 2 weeks. Mountain Ridge has slipped for sure. I would agree with that order. Not sure about the Northern/Fort Hill order. Have they played this year yet?
Never mind. I forgot their win over Northern to start the new year. So yeah, I would 100% agree with that order. That Southern/Frankfort game should be a good one.

Frankfort @ Southern on Tuesday should be a very good game. Two good local teams. Last year Southern beat Frankfort by 4. Should be a packed house and a great environment.

As anyone who follows high school sports understands, it's often the feeder programs that lead to Varsity success. Coach Bosley at Southern is a great HS coach , but as a local article reminded today, their JV Coach Ritchie is on a current 37 game JV win streak. He has had a run of good talent , however, he does a GREAT job teaching the game and getting them ready for varsity. Kudos to him and all the JV coaches in every sport that work very hard for little recognition.

As anyone who follows high school sports understands, it's often the feeder programs that lead to Varsity success. Coach Bosley at Southern is a great HS coach , but as a local article reminded today, their JV Coach Ritchie is on a current 37 game JV win streak. He has had a run of good talent , however, he does a GREAT job teaching the game and getting them ready for varsity. Kudos to him and all the JV coaches in every sport that work very hard for little recognition.
Yes, I was shocked when I heard of that streak as well.

They did have that streak snapped tonight however. They lost to Keyser this evening. Great job by the coaches at Southern for the success of that program.

Agreed. I have been to many local games over the years and Southern is a top tier program. Anyone have any info on Frankfort? I have seen them play once this year. The have good guard play and some decent bigs. I don’t know much other than that.

FH has some athletes. I dont know much about Frankfort. Alco is young and they keep getting better. Mountain Ridge dropped off a lot when they lost their point guard, he was one of the better point guards in the area. Southern is the team to beat. Northern seems to be inconsistent. BWs point guard is only a sophomore.

Looks like SRO early on at the Southern/Frankfort game tonight. Jv yet to start and seats are at a premium. Shud be a good one!

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Frankfort JV's won by 9. Interesting that Southern JV's had won 36 games in a row before losing to Keyser on Friday night. Now they have lost two in a row.

Southern extends its lead to 6 at the end of the 3rd. Both teams have traded hitting 3-pointers at the end of each of the last two quarter's. FHS nailed one right before half and SHS nailed one at the buzzer of the 3rd Q.

Falcons pull to within 2, 43-41, with just over 6 minutes to go in game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT