ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops....

BW beats FH tonight 66-34, BW played without several players including Nkamhoua and played pretty horribly overall. FH plays hard but that only gets you so far.

Frankfort beats Allegany 66-38. Both city schools can't wait for basketball season to be over

That isn’t true. Dalton Gaus has many offers and Tyler Michael as well. That was just 2014. Gaus and Michael are 4 year players and graduates. Burner had both of them. Burner simply needs to have high standards and hold the players to the standards. Build the culture. But Gaus for sure and Michael were legit college level kids. They proved it.
wow, news to me...and probably many. can you tell us about some of those offers, and how did they come about?

I've said it before... at schools with enrollment the size of 1A , you can be really great at one sport (i.e. FH football) or pretty good at a lot of sports ( i.e. Southern ) , but very difficult to be great at a lot of sports. Just too small of pool of athletes... and coaches now demand too much time in the "offseason" dedicated solely to their sport. It has truly turned into "year round" training if you want to compete with other elite teams. No more lazy summer days fishing and enjoying the summer for our athletes today. I think that has a lot to do with the rash of ACL and elbow injuries we see today. Kids used to change sports and work different muscle groups and ligaments. Now we are practicing predominately one sport year round and there is no time for stressed and inflamed parts to rest and repair.
On another note, kudos to Southern today for winning the state title in wrestling . Back to Back 1A champs!

That isn’t true. Dalton Gaus has many offers and Tyler Michael as well. That was just 2014. Gaus and Michael are 4 year players and graduates. Burner had both of them. Burner simply needs to have high standards and hold the players to the standards. Build the culture. But Gaus for sure and Michael were legit college level kids. They proved it.
They were both good high school players but I think they meant actual college recruits. I'm just saying Frostburg State is not getting recruited and that is where both played until last year.
Maybe when FSU goes D2 it will be better for some local kids.

Gaus a 6’5” shooting guard and Michael a 6’3” shooting guard. I know for sure Gaus had other offers. Messiah and St. Mary’s for sure and there were others. He went to Frostburg so his family could continue to watch him play.

Today frankfort traveled to North Marion and was able to pull out a 44-43 win. North Marion is a former 3A school in every and has about 200 more kids than Frankfort.

Also the article in the paper about the frankfort vs BW game didn’t give any respect to the falcons. They came out and battled the first had and it was 11-11 at the end of the first. Quickly the falcons were able to go up 18-13. Those local kids gave BW all they could handle in that first half. I have seen BW okay many times this year and they are legit. They didn’t expect any local team to play that well against them so I give the kids at frankfort a lot of credit.

The article didn't give respect because it wasn't really an article the times news doesn't have reporters at the games to write game stories often, they just write an article based off the box score. Frankfort hit shots early and that kept them in the game until halftime, BW started a different lineup with it being senior night that clearly played into them struggling offensively at the start but take nothing away from the falcons they played hard, hit shots, even when the regular starters came in Midway through the first quarter. Frankfort will be a tough out in the playoffs especially if they can hit the 3.

Southern has won 13 in a row and has cemented their number one seed in the playoffs.

Keyser has won 7 of 8 I think, record isn't great but getting hot at the right time.

BW beat Mercersburg Academy last night and has Keyser this week before playing in the MD Private School state tournament at the end of the month.

Allegany picked up a win against Broadfording.

Thursday night scores:
Frankfort 34 Bishop Walsh 70
Broadfording 72 Allegany 80
Northern 72 Hancock 42

Friday night scores:

Smithsburg 46 Mountain Ridge 64
Fort Hill 43 Southern 71
Hampshire 43 Jefferson 61
Keyser 70 Phillip Barbour 49
Mercersburg 48 Bishop Walsh 83

Saturday scores:
Frankfort 44 North Marion 43
Southern 60 Keyser 42

Girls hoops doesn't get the attention it should as we have been blessed with some very good individual talent and teams over the recent years. The area is blessed once again with some of the top teams in the country coming to Cumberland next weekend with the BW Girls Tournament. Three national top 20 teams will be here including #6 Bishop McNamara, #8 New Hope Academy, and #20 St Frances.

Thursday, February 28th

3:15pm: Game #1 New Hope Academy vs. Bishop Walsh School

4:45pm: Game #2 Elizabeth Seton HS vs. St. Frances Academy

6:15pm: Game #3 Riverdale Baptist School vs. McDonogh School

8:00pm: Game #4 Saint James School vs. Bishop McNamara HS

Girls hoops doesn't get the attention it should as we have been blessed with some very good individual talent and teams over the recent years. The area is blessed once again with some of the top teams in the country coming to Cumberland next weekend with the BW Girls Tournament. Three national top 20 teams will be here including #6 Bishop McNamara, #8 New Hope Academy, and #20 St Frances.

Thursday, February 28th

3:15pm: Game #1 New Hope Academy vs. Bishop Walsh School

4:45pm: Game #2 Elizabeth Seton HS vs. St. Frances Academy

6:15pm: Game #3 Riverdale Baptist School vs. McDonogh School

8:00pm: Game #4 Saint James School vs. Bishop McNamara HS
As been my argument with softball. You talk talent 3 kids on the Allegany team this year will play D1 softball. Two have already committed with big athletic packages

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Thank you good stuff. BW was talking to a local female about going to school at BW and playing basketball. Before they approached the girls family. A coach went to a couple of her practices and spoke with the coach. He knew she was a really good basketball player, but he wanted to verify that she is a real good person and student. The BW Coach said we want to build the school and the athletics, but most of all we want to make sure we are getting good students. Getting good students and citizens are the very important

This may be off topic. The AC/Potomac State game had an awesome atmosphere. Potomac State is undefeated. Both schools had student sections, the seats were pretty much full and the crowd was great.

As been my argument with softball. You talk talent 3 kids on the Allegany team this year will play D1 softball. Two have already committed with big athletic packages
Once the season starts hopefully some folks can keep us updated on how the softball and baseball seasons are going as the information isn't as prevalent. As I said before anyone who is going to get their education paid for through athletics deserves to be talked about on a sports message board.

Thank you good stuff. BW was talking to a local female about going to school at BW and playing basketball. Before they approached the girls family. A coach went to a couple of her practices and spoke with the coach. He knew she was a really good basketball player, but he wanted to verify that she is a real good person and student. The BW Coach said we want to build the school and the athletics, but most of all we want to make sure we are getting good students. Getting good students and citizens are the very important
I know it has been mentioned several times that BW is looking at elevating the girls team as well, not sure if to the extent of playing a national schedule or just bringing it up from where it's at. And yes the key is to have good kids that fit in the school community, it's the only way this works long term.

This may be off topic. The AC/Potomac State game had an awesome atmosphere. Potomac State is undefeated. Both schools had student sections, the seats were pretty much full and the crowd was great.
Potomac State is ranked #1 in the Country. At least they were last week. Not sure if they still are.

The weather has played havoc with the schedule for local schools this year. I know it does most years. But I think this year has been extra special. Kind of similar to how it played a roll in the HSFB season in the fall.

Final boys scores from last night:

Northern defeated Mountain Ridge 70-48
Fort Hill defeated Washington (WV) 67-59
Allegany defeated Boonsboro 71-48

It looks like Southern and Northern will be the two schools receiving a bye in the first round of the playoffs.Northern plays Union (WV) tonight which should be an easy win.

BW will play Riverdale Baptist in the first round of the Maryland private school tournament, if they win that they will most likely draw DeMatha in the semis. Nice little tune up for the ACIT either way.

BW falls to Riverdale Baptist by 3 59-56 in the private school state tourney. Spartans led by as many as 5 in the 4th quarter but couldn't hold on, Riverdale was hot from 3 and BW is still playing without PG Jalen Miller and 6th man Wilson Ramabu. Hopefully those guys will be back for the ACIT because there just isnt enough depth especially when guys get into foul trouble like tonight.

BW falls to Riverdale Baptist by 3 59-56 in the private school state tourney. Spartans led by as many as 5 in the 4th quarter but couldn't hold on, Riverdale was hot from 3 and BW is still playing without PG Jalen Miller and 6th man Wilson Ramabu. Hopefully those guys will be back for the ACIT because there just isnt enough depth especially when guys get into foul trouble like tonight.

When Torelli fouled out at the end it really hurt them, when he wasn't in the game they didn't look composed on offense. That last possession didn't look good. The refs also didn't help BW.

Nkamhoua continues to blow up for BW even after the season. He just picked up offers from Arkansas, Pitt, and Maryland to go along with offers from Illinois, Wake Forest, and Minnesota

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Nkamhoua continues to blow up for BW even after the season. He just picked up offers from Arkansas, Pitt, and Maryland to go along with offers from Illinois, Wake Forest, and Minnesota
Add Tennessee to the growing list of offers

WV UPDATES
University beat Martinsburg to win the WV Class AAA state title. Martinsburg was 29-0 going into this final.

Chapmanville beat Fairmont Senior and won the AA title

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT