ADVERTISEMENT

FH-ALCO Homecoming

Keys from what I saw before leaving. Alco 4 and very short they hand the ball off instead of qb sneak. FH third and about 25, Alco leaves a receiver wide open. First qtr Alco passes the ball 1 time for about a 30 yard gain, only chance is to throw the ball good qb good receivers and they don’t use them. Alco defense has no idea what is going on. This Allegany team could perform better and give FH a better game without coaches

Alco is a head coach away from being a good team. The athletes are there.

The problem is numbers…. Alco Football was so great and respected at one time… I, as a FH guy would love to see the Big Blue get back to the success they once had…. This game is no longer a rivalry…. It can get back to that… but they would have to put the right people in the right places to get that process started. I want that rivalry back so I hope it happens soon…

FH has all second and third string defense in early in the 4th, up 40-7. Alco still has all their starters in. Gotta get that junk touchdown.

Alco first team moving the ball against FH’s second defense…just scored.

Now, will they try an onside kick?

With this game plan, Alco might as well.

Do they coach defense on Haystack at all?
Now let's not forget, this is the team that everybody has beating MR in their second matchup and then challenging FH for the state title. Seriously, I'm not sure other than the emotional aspect why anybody would think this Allegany team is anywhere near the same level as FH.

Now that everyone has seen the game, it's time to deal with reality. In the spirit of civility, I think many on the red side have realized how good this team can be, but remained humble because that's never a bad decision. We want this game to be a rivalry again like it once was. But it just isn't.

On the blue side, there are those who still hold hope, and eagerly await the day when big blue pulls out a W. I applaud you. You should support your team and hold hope that what you've seen all season will translate into something good during this game.

There were missed opportunities early. Missed open receivers, an interception opportunity, and others that could've slowed red down or changed the pace of the game slightly. But if you've heard anything about FH this year, in your gut you knew today was never going to be Blue's day.

And for those saying Alco has the personnel to beat FH, stop kidding yourselves. Review the film. I know it's disappointing, but you're among a long list of public schools in MD that can't beat FH either. And let's face it, FH has gone all-in on football. So you have us in other sports. It probably stings a bit bc Cumberland is still a football town, but that's reality. And trust me, FH people want this game to be competitive. It's better for both sides and our town when it is.

That's all. Good day!

Now let's not forget, this is the team that everybody has beating MR in their second matchup and then challenging FH for the state title. Seriously, I'm not sure other than the emotional aspect why anybody would think this Allegany team is anywhere near the same level as FH.
I predicted the score of 42 to 21 and I also predicted that Alco beats Mountain Ridge in two weeks. I still stand by what I said. I hope they can avoid Fort Hill until the championship game so we can have an all Cumberland final. This Fort Hill team seems to be able to score whenever they want. Hell even the refs can’t stop them.

Last edited:
I have thoroughly enjoyed following FH this year (on Commercial vid... but please clean the smudge off your lens). Those young athletes have done themselves proud. And... for what it's worth: end the charade.... the empty pretense of competition.
I literally tried to clean that “smudge” off of my TV screen! Great suggestion

FH has all second and third string defense in early in the 4th, up 40-7. Alco still has all their starters in. Gotta get that junk touchdown.
I question why Williams was still in the game at that point. He must have taken a hit and it seemed he was off for the rest of the game. I remember at least once he was bent over his knees looking at the sideline for the call. A late time out he was not in the sideline huddle with the rest of the team, but wandering around. Others noticed this as well.

ALCO FTBALL/BAND 3MORELOSES FOR ALCO COACH HE WILL TIE THE CORN WITH 10 LOSES! ALCO BAND DIRECTOR WOULD NT LAST 5 MINUTES AT FH!TIS ALLEGANY!

I have thoroughly enjoyed following FH this year (on Commercial vid... but please clean the smudge off your lens). Those young athletes have done themselves proud. And... for what it's worth: end the charade.... the empty pretense of competition.
It's not a smudge. They run camera behind an old plexiglass window in the booth. It'll get better once the new media building/ concession/ bathrooms are built.

I question why Williams was still in the game at that point. He must have taken a hit and it seemed he was off for the rest of the game. I remember at least once he was bent over his knees looking at the sideline for the call. A late time out he was not in the sideline huddle with the rest of the team, but wandering around. Others noticed this as well.
I noticed that as well

Question of the day: Is Jim Zamias still drunk from his Friday prognostication that Allegany would beat Fort Hill 31 to 28?
I am 100% sure that was just an attempt to give the listeners something to chew on. The man knows enough about football and has seen enough of both teams to know that wasn't going to happen. At least I hope so.

It's not a smudge. They run camera behind an old plexiglass window in the booth. It'll get better once the new media building/ concession/ bathrooms are built.
$12 on Amazon... Plexi-Clean.... can't be aging since it appeared... like... 3 games ago. Oh, there it is on the annual... whatever.

The “smudge” comments are amusing. No one is even close to identifying the source of the “smudge”. I’ve intended to resolve it, but as some of you might suspect, I don’t devote all of my time to HS football broadcasts and lately, free time has not been my friend. Keep guessing, though! It might be gone by Monday night’s CAYFL Championship broadcast and stream, if I can find a couple of free hours to devote to it while at the stadium.

The “smudge” comments are amusing. No one is even close to identifying the source of the “smudge”. I’ve intended to resolve it, but as some of you might suspect, I don’t devote all of my time to HS football broadcasts and lately, free time has not been my friend. Keep guessing, though! It might be gone by Monday night’s CAYFL Championship broadcast and stream, if I can find a couple of free hours to devote to it while at the stadium.
You guys are great.... in my book the broadcasts exceed the quality of most network nfl/college. Come to think of it.... I might drive up and clean it myself for a CD of Alco's win over Dunbar in that reg season game [snort, cackle, wheeze]

Could this be a "dead pixel" in the camera ...

Alco is a head coach away from being a good team. The athletes are there.

The real issue for us is the lack of solid assistant coaches. They don't have anyone in the building on staff. There's a couple of OK guys there, but FH has a very legitimate staff behind Zack. Alco has the players this season to give FH a better game than they did yesterday, but Hansel can't do it all by himself. He needs a real OC and at least 2 other assistants that can help give valuable perspective and help really coach the kids individually and as a whole.
A great example of this is Jeff Link. Most of the assistants last year didn't like that he came in and immediately impacted strength & conditioning, coached the offensive line and worked to take a real leadership role in the program. They actually turned on him and ousted him from the staff, which is crazy considering a couple of them aren't even Alco guys and none of them individually or collectively have half of the football experience that he does.

That's a textbook culture problem right there, and it absolutely impacts the players.

The real issue for us is the lack of solid assistant coaches. They don't have anyone in the building on staff. There's a couple of OK guys there, but FH has a very legitimate staff behind Zack. Alco has the players this season to give FH a better game than they did yesterday, but Hansel can't do it all by himself. He needs a real OC and at least 2 other assistants that can help give valuable perspective and help really coach the kids individually and as a whole.
A great example of this is Jeff Link. Most of the assistants last year didn't like that he came in and immediately impacted strength & conditioning, coached the offensive line and worked to take a real leadership role in the program. They actually turned on him and ousted him from the staff, which is crazy considering a couple of them aren't even Alco guys and none of them individually or collectively have half of the football experience that he does.

That's a textbook culture problem right there, and it absolutely impacts the players.
Words coming from a player on the Alco side is that the culture just isn't the same. That speaks volumes.

Also, this...

https://www.times-news.com/sports/l...cle_cd671bdc-75cc-11ee-bc87-db8eb7c4cdb7.html

"We gotta keep our kids on this side of town," he (Hansel) said, "I know it's attractive with the pretty girls across town, but we need our guys to stay home."

What a really odd way to say that.
Odd is not the word to use. Creepy and cringy are the appropriate words.

This was posted by a former Alco player:

"Allegany head coach blames it on the pretty girls at fort hill…… I’m biting my tongue and rage as a father of teenage girls…you have more talent on your team then you know what to do with…… I will take the high road and demand you resign for the best interests of those athletes presently and past…. do us and yourself a favor

Seek help for you focusing and being distracted by high school girls before one of us fathers ends your world"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT