ADVERTISEMENT

FH-ALCO Homecoming

Numbers are what they are. Those participation numbers vary from sport to sport not school to school. It would be great to see the same enthusiasm and talent numbers for baseball and softball at both city schools, but it isn't. Or for an undefeated Alco soccer team right now that looks unbeatable, spread some wealth. The world doesnt work this way. The reasons are the same from sport to sport. Winning breeds winning and participation. Especially when enrollment numbers are identical. Can make this any more simple.
Sorry.... was speaking of the totality of the Robinette era when the pool of talent was similar.

I must add that I don't understand why FH fans cannot simply enjoy the taste of victory without the rude taste of bashing Allegany. Why does the constant ragging be the only path that makes victory acceptable. It appears that winning is only winning when you have Hansel's head on a pike.
I am always rooting for Alco. The only time I want Alco to lose is if they play Fort Hill. I mapped out a whole scenario where they make it to the title game.

I really can’t understand why people are comparing Alco to Fort Hill. it’s just not normal that a 1a team could compete for a 4a title. What Fort Hill is doing is completely unprecedented.. if Alco beats Ridge in two weeks they will probably be the second best 1a team in the state. Even if they are third that’s really good.

I am always rooting for Alco. The only time I want Alco to lose is if they play Fort Hill. I mapped out a whole scenario where they make it to the title game.

I really can’t understand why people are comparing Alco to Fort Hill. it’s just not normal that a 1a team could compete for a 4a title. What Fort Hill is doing is completely unprecedented.. if Alco beats Ridge in two weeks they will probably be the second best 1a team in the state. Even if they are third that’s really good.
Well... when you're right.... you're right. Yes, you supported Alco. Frankly, the entire milieu of my old school went into the crapper. When I went to a FH game it was like going home.... the team.... the fans... the band. Shit.... the Alco band decided it was too good to show up to the games. And... when they did they played a recording for the Arrowettes... ugh.... that is another sad story.... never mind.

A couple of thoughts on Saturday's game plans. For most of the season I have heard Alco fans, radio and TV commentary on why Allegany should be under center to run the wing T offense most effectively as opposed to the shot-gun formation. Apparently on the several occasions that Alco used that formation they had great success in the running game. I have heard many fans clamoring for Alco to go under center, which it seemed like Hansel stubbornly refused. I question then why would you come out against the one team that knows how to defend the wing T from under center, and now try to use that formation. I'm not so sure the coaching staff is putting their team in a position to succeed. On the other side of the field I saw a game plan that went to multiple offensives to feature the diversity of their offensive skill players. Mostly featuring Daniels from the Maryland I, then Ross from the shot-gun, and Bender from the wing T. I had been clamoring for FH to use these 3 more instead of trying to feed their 6 man deep backfield. While most of their backs are interchangeable, they also have strong individual skill sets, and it seems Alkire is flexible enough to make some adjustments to puts his players in best possible position to succeed. Just my opinion.

I missed Lag's comments. Legitimate debate ensued. Some people would get butthurt that he had an opposing opinion. Then, instead of maturely debating, it turned to insults.

For pete's sake, grow a pair and toughen your skin. Forums are for discussions and debating opposing views. I'm a diehard FH fan, but I pride myself on (at least trying) to be open-minded. Intelligent people listen more than they speak. And, no, I'm not claiming to be a genius. Although, I'm intelligent enough to at least try to follow this logic.

A couple of thoughts on Saturday's game plans. For most of the season I have heard Alco fans, radio and TV commentary on why Allegany should be under center to run the wing T offense most effectively as opposed to the shot-gun formation. Apparently on the several occasions that Alco used that formation they had great success in the running game. I have heard many fans clamoring for Alco to go under center, which it seemed like Hansel stubbornly refused. I question then why would you come out against the one team that knows how to defend the wing T from under center, and now try to use that formation. I'm not so sure the coaching staff is putting their team in a position to succeed. On the other side of the field I saw a game plan that went to multiple offensives to feature the diversity of their offensive skill players. Mostly featuring Daniels from the Maryland I, then Ross from the shot-gun, and Bender from the wing T. I had been clamoring for FH to use these 3 more instead of trying to feed their 6 man deep backfield. While most of their backs are interchangeable, they also have strong individual skill sets, and it seems Alkire is flexible enough to make some adjustments to puts his players in best possible position to succeed. Just my opinion.
I’m just thrilled that Fort Hill is able to throw the ball if you make them!!

Reactions: Dwj21
Made my point.

Whazzup shit stain..... like I said.... you've run out of words.... that is unless you're spreading others death threats.... no little trite 'memeski' then.... or when you comment that all men sweep the leering of children under the rug.

Banter can provide entertainment. I enjoy being entertained....but are you talking about the Miami Piankashaw or the lower Wabash? We red hats gets eezilee confused by all Dez seemingly irrelevant references. I need clarity...in Appalachian American please. And thank you!

Banter can provide entertainment. I enjoy being entertained....but are you talking about the Miami Piankashaw or the lower Wabash? We red hats gets eezilee confused by all Dez seemingly irrelevant references. I need clarity...in Appalachian American please. And thank you!
Well, I post in the 'before time' forum bar fight eez.... with a little Eastern Continental Divide eez that is mixed in to the James Joyce I picked up going to Alco.

Whazzup shit stain..... like I said.... you've run out of words.... that is unless you're spreading others death threats.... no little trite 'memeski' then.... or when you comment that all men sweep the leering of children under the rug.
Wtf are you talking about? Don't bring me into your idiotic rants.

What else is there to say? We came, we saw, we conquered! We are winning that 10th. Cheers bruv! 🍻

Wtf are you talking about? Don't bring me into your idiotic rants.

What else is there to say? We came, we saw, we conquered! We are winning that 10th. Cheers bruv! 🍻
Opinions vary. I came back to this forum to praise FH and ran into 'end your world' rant. Frankly, I think too many folks are intimidated to take a stand.

Own your shit: "typical male behavior of condoning inappropriate comments or actions. It is typical that you are making nothing of it and sweeping it under the rug"

Stay out of my posts and I'll stay out of yours.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Opinions vary. I came back to this forum to praise FH and ran into 'end your world' rant. Frankly, I think too many folks are intimidated to take a stand.

Own your shit: "typical male behavior of condoning inappropriate comments or actions. It is typical that you are making nothing of it and sweeping it under the rug"

Stay out of my posts and I'll stay out of yours.
Wasn't my rant my guy as I've already told you. The topic came up and I saw that somewhere else as some one else has a very clear opinion on that. Thought I'd share to show it affects some people harshly.

Hansel's comment was inappropriate. Your opinion on that clearly differs.

I said "typical male behavior of condoning inappropriate comments or actions. It is typical that you are making nothing of it and sweeping it under the rug" bc that's what MOST males do. You know "lockerroom talk" bs..

Idc what you do. I'm not staying anywhere. If I feel like commenting on a post, I will. You are free to do so as well. In fact, this is my post that you're commenting on and calling me names. You feel better? I don't even know you and you're being rude to me.

Wasn't my rant my guy as I've already told you. The topic came up and I saw that somewhere else as some one else has a very clear opinion on that. Thought I'd share to show it affects some people harshly.

Hansel's comment was inappropriate. Your opinion on that clearly differs.

I said "typical male behavior of condoning inappropriate comments or actions. It is typical that you are making nothing of it and sweeping it under the rug" bc that's what MOST males do. You know "lockerroom talk" bs..

Idc what you do. I'm not staying anywhere. If I feel like commenting on a post, I will. You are free to do so as well. In fact, this is my post that you're commenting on and calling me names. You feel better? I don't even know you and you're being rude to me.
"...typical male behavior.... that you are making nothing of it...."

I understand 'The King's English'.... not only did you broadcast the "end your world" threat.... you... and only you... accused me of the same type of behavior that generated the threat 'to wit' I actually tried to give you a bye. Sure, continue your smirkish... smarmy behavior and I will respond.... or not.

I understand 'The King's English'.... not only did you broadcast the "end your world" threat.... you... and only you... accused me of the same type of behavior that generated the threat 'to wit' I actually tried to give you a bye. Sure, continue you smirkish... smarmy behavior and I will respond.... or not.
Oook guy

I understand 'The King's English'.... not only did you broadcast the "end your world" threat.... you... and only you... accused me of the same type of behavior that generated the threat 'to wit' I actually tried to give you a bye. Sure, continue your smirkish... smarmy behavior and I will respond.... or not.
Uh oh DWJ. You have lag quoting small portions of your posts and he’s using his bold tool. Keep him going and he’ll start changing the color of words in the quotes.

Some say nothing good comes of gluttony. Wilford Brimley and I may disagree with those pushing such narratives. Throne multi-tasking provides time for nonsense one may otherwise miss out on. Cheers to the throne multi-taskers! I miss the voice of Dia-beetus and dia-beetus testing supplies.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Some say nothing good comes of gluttony. Wilford Brimley and I may disagree with those pushing such narratives. Throne multi-tasking provides time for nonsense one may otherwise miss out on. Cheers to the throne multi-taskers! I miss the voice of Dia-beetus and dia-beetus testing supplies.
A man of letters, methinks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT