ADVERTISEMENT

FH-ALCO Homecoming

FH is looking very good. So long as #3 is healthy (he was limping a good bit), this game won't be close. i couldn't have been more wrong earlier in the season. It's quite possible Alco won't even score, especially during homecoming.

#7's arm (and fee) makes FH a truly dangerous team. He's got a nice touch on the ball and makes good decisions the majority of the time. I was glad to see FH throw caution to the wind and send it at New Oxford.

Alco's got a really good QB and a TE who can catch and get open. They also have some speedy receivers and backs.

If it rains, FH wins by blowout - 35-8. Otherwise, FH wins 28-17. Of course, then there's always FH's 12th man that sometimes plays both ways for FH. He's racked up quite a few negative yards and fumbles and has come close to ending FH's win streak.

FH 35 to 21. Alco has size and a great offense. They’ve hit their stride.

Unfortunately, for them. This Fort Hill team is playing Lights Out.

My prediction is. If Ridge and Alco meet in the second round, it’s a Alco blow out.

My hope is that they can avoid Fort Hill until the state championship.

Last edited:
Allegany has been playing really nice ball. They have played very well in the second half of games lately as well. I am excited to see the outcome of this game. I think Fort Hill wins, but they can't overlook Alco.

Reactions: Tony54
Easiest pick of the year. FH 35-7

Allegany isn’t bigger, stronger, faster, or have a more complex offense to game plan for than anyone FH has faced the past 2 weeks or 4 weeks depending how mountain ridge is currently being viewed. Allegany isn’t going to run on FH so that’s going to force them to throw. I’m pretty sure allegany doesn’t have the same caliber of athletes wadsworth, briar woods, or NO had on the outside and I know the QB isn’t as good as those other 3. It wouldn’t shock me if this is another mountain ridge style game where alco is held under 100 yards of offense and at the end of the day. FH has Carter Hess and allegany doesn’t

Allegany isn’t bigger, stronger, faster, or have a more complex offense to game plan for than anyone FH has faced the past 2 weeks or 4 weeks depending how mountain ridge is currently being viewed. Allegany isn’t going to run on FH so that’s going to force them to throw. I’m pretty sure allegany doesn’t have the same caliber of athletes wadsworth, briar woods, or NO had on the outside and I know the QB isn’t as good as those other 3. It wouldn’t shock me if this is another mountain ridge style game where alco is held under 100 yards of offense and at the end of the day. FH has Carter Hess and allegany doesn’t
I got to give it to you. You’ve been spot on lately.

Every single thing you say is true, but it is homecoming, it's Alco, you just never know. Some day the streak will end. It has to be hard to really get up for somebody you have beaten like 20 times in a row. On the other hand, you don't want to be the team that the streak ends with!

Reactions: ravemwp
Every single thing you say is true, but it is homecoming, it's Alco, you just never know. Some day the streak will end. It has to be hard to really get up for somebody you have beaten like 20 times in a row. On the other hand, you don't want to be the team that the streak ends with!
I will tell you now, this FH team, will absolutely and most definitely be up for this game this year. They want to dismantle them. Take that how you want.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough Cal preps now has Allegany beating BW and NO and I cannot see why.

Also, CP has Alco -3 over Ridge now.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
It is just really good to see all three Allegany County schools playing at a high level. I was looking at the numbers the other night and they were staggering.

Allegany, Fort Hill and Mountain Ridge are a combined 19-1 against teams outside of the county in 2023. The only loss was Alco's loss to Oakdale.

Allegany | 6-1 against teams outside of Allegany County | 2-0 against teams from PA and Garrett County | 1-0 against teams from Washington County and WV | 0-1 against teams from Frederick County | Outscored opponents 245-104

Fort Hill | 7-0 against teams outside of Allegany County | 2-0 against teams from Garrett County and PA | 1-0 against teams from Ohio, Virginia and DC | Outscored opponents 214-77

Mountain Ridge | 6-0 against teams outside of Allegany County | 2-0 against teams from Garrett and Frederick Counties | 1-0 against teams from WV and Washington County | Outscored opponents 215-62

Those are some outstanding results for the three teams against opponents outside of one another.

Allegany has the players to surprise you. Brody Williams completes a high percentage of passes and had thrown probably close to 10 touchdowns this year they just don’t pass much. Ball control with short quick passes and throw mid distance passes is how they can stay in the game with FH. Zak Michaels is a tough match-up. He is big, physical, good hands and can get down the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravemwp and beall02
Allegany has the players to surprise you. Brody Williams completes a high percentage of passes and had thrown probably close to 10 touchdowns this year they just don’t pass much. Ball control with short quick passes and throw mid distance passes is how they can stay in the game with FH. Zak Michaels is a tough match-up. He is big, physical, good hands and can get down the field.
Tbh and I know this was early but I saw the ridge- Alco game and neither team looked that good. I know teams get better but FH is on a while other level right now and I just can't see how Alco could beat the teams FH just beat. I guess we'll see Saturday how it shakes how but I don't believe Alco is within 3-4 tuddys of FH.

Reactions: 52 to victory
If FH can pressure the QB early like they did against MR, it will be a long day for the Campers. If not, it will be a closer game with FH still coming out on top.

FH has not put pressure on the QB the last two games, but that is credit to the size, skill, and players of opposing teams only playing one way.

It is good to see ZM healthy for the Campers this year. He has proven to be a playmaker on both sides of the ball. DDS is one of the toughest and most athletic players FH will line up against this year. What he lacks in size he makes up for as a competitor.

It should be a good game.😊

If FH can pressure the QB early like they did against MR, it will be a long day for the Campers. If not, it will be a closer game with FH still coming out on top.

FH has not put pressure on the QB the last two games, but that is credit to the size, skill, and players of opposing teams only playing one way.

It is good to see ZM healthy for the Campers this year. He has proven to be a playmaker on both sides of the ball. DDS is one of the toughest and most athletic players FH will line up against this year. What he lacks in size he makes up for as a competitor.

It should be a good game.😊
Love the way Dae Dae plays. Toughest little dude in the area.

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
It's 28-7 FH at the half so I'd say Alco is lucky that there are so many players moved up to varsity for big red.
FH is not the only team that has underclassmen moved up to varsity. Not sure of the number but Alco has I believe 2 freshmen moved up.

Alco has 4 moved up: All 4 are impact players you should hear Ammani Blowe and Kaine Williams a good bit Saturday. Ammani has made huge plays this year actually playing out of his regular position.

FH is not the only team that has underclassmen moved up to varsity. Not sure of the number but Alco has I believe 2 freshmen moved up.
Also has two FR and two SO.
FH has one FR and seven SO.

And from what I've seen it isn't equal in skill. FH definitely lost more at the JV level this year, which was my point.

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
8 seems like a lot to move up. Are they all getting playing time, offense and or defense? It would suck to move up then not play full time
20 FR plays both ways
6 SO starts on defense
28 SO plays both ways
14 SO is the backup kicker
51, 52, 54, 58 all SO are all backup linemen getting experience for next year bc we lose the whole line.

FH is planning out the next 2 years by moving these players up and also giving the JV more valuable playing time they wouldn't otherwise get with these players down there.

Not smart tho lol….. going against everything always supporting the blue.. They may get beat big time this game 42-7, but if they play a second time they will make adjustments and make it a good game. I’m sticking with Alco they have the players in the skill positions and the potential to do it.

Fort Hill 79
Alco 5……
FH takes a knee in the end zone on the last play of the game.
FH take a knee? Like the JV team trying to punch in another TD on the game's final play the other night? Up 42-7, instead of showing sportsmanship, they rushed to the line of scrimmage with under ten seconds left and quick snapped the ball. Fate denied them as the kid fumbled at the goal line. Of course, college coaches like Michigan's Harbaugh and Penn State's Franklin are terrible role models, always trying to run up the score instead of taking a knee. Whatever happened to teaching young men sportsmanship and class? I guess I am just of a different generation.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Lou Holtz once told a story when he was coaching in college his school won a game by a big score and when he met the opposing coach after the game, the opposing coach told him. "Coach, you did nothing to keep the score down!" Lou told him, "neither did you."

Reactions: Dwj21
Lou Holtz once told a story when he was coaching in college his school won a game by a big score and when he met the opposing coach after the game, the opposing coach told him. "Coach, you did nothing to keep the score down!" Lou told him, "neither did you."
I love it

College is 100 percent completely different. Even in college rarely if ever will you see them rush with time running out to push another score in. The sad part is the FH JV team is made of kids that came up in the Allegany Feeder system. They played for Braddock then switched schools this year. FH Varsity the QB and RB/DB played for Braddock which is blue, both decided to go to FH rather than Alco. FH is not a regular 1A school pulling students from both sides. Warriors best players went from Braddock to FH. There should be no expectation for Alco to compete with that. FH should truthfully be able to beat Alco by 50 in football JV and Varsity. How many 1A schools in MD are getting the best players from all feeder schools in the City?

College is 100 percent completely different. Even in college rarely if ever will you see them rush with time running out to push another score in. The sad part is the FH JV team is made of kids that came up in the Allegany Feeder system. They played for Braddock then switched schools this year. FH Varsity the QB and RB/DB played for Braddock which is blue, both decided to go to FH rather than Alco. FH is not a regular 1A school pulling students from both sides. Warriors best players went from Braddock to FH. There should be no expectation for Alco to compete with that. FH should truthfully be able to beat Alco by 50 in football JV and Varsity. How many 1A schools in MD are getting the best players from all feeder schools in the City?
1 player, ONE went from Washington to BW. BW doesn’t even have a football team they are competing against. FH whined and cried. From what I hear, hopefully not true but rumour from credible ppl was FH would not play BW in any sport because 1 student was looking for opportunity. All that over 1 player, Alco has many more than 1 every year, they are going play against.

FH take a knee? Like the JV team trying to punch in another TD on the game's final play the other night? Up 42-7, instead of showing sportsmanship, they rushed to the line of scrimmage with under ten seconds left and quick snapped the ball. Fate denied them as the kid fumbled at the goal line. Of course, college coaches like Michigan's Harbaugh and Penn State's Franklin are terrible role models, always trying to run up the score instead of taking a knee. Whatever happened to teaching young men sportsmanship and class? I guess I am just of a different generation.
I will never understand what happened to society and people getting feelings hurt so easily. FH has over 40 kids on the JV roster. So many that they had to schedule two freshmen games so the 3rd and 4th string kids got to play in a game. The BOE would not allow Fort Hill to have a freshman team this year because no one else in the county had one. The BOE finally waivered after the season had already started. So you put those kids in with 5 minutes to go in Little Homecoming and someone gets upset because they want to score. It was literally their 3rd and 4th string. So the question then becomes, did Alco have their first string in come 4th quarter? I also never understood why a team getting beat by a large score has their first team in at the end of the game instead of letting their subs get some playing time against the other teams subs. I can promise, 99% of the time it's never a coaches intention to run up a score and make the opponent feel bad.

It's not common for FH to have that many 9th and 10th graders. For some odd reason they do. But their junior class only has 9 players. Low enrollment schools sometimes have big classes and sometimes small classes. It seems every class is different. Some good, some bad.

1 player, ONE went from Washington to BW. BW doesn’t even have a football team they are competing against. FH whined and cried. From what I hear, hopefully not true but rumour from credible ppl was FH would not play BW in any sport because 1 student was looking for opportunity. All that over 1 player, Alco has many more than 1 every year, they are going play against.
This scenario wasn't just about one player. There were several levels of concern. If BW ever put together a football program as they planned, Alco football would fold due to a lack of numbers. Sadly, Cumberland is not big enough anymore to support three high school athletic programs using local kids. This was a matter of survival. But you might want to check again and see who didn't want to play BW in soccer anymore up on Haystack. It caused a huge riff. For the record, I fully supported the decision. Both Alco and FH were on the same page.

Last edited:
I’m all for letting the back-ups play full rather than the starters take a knee or run the clock down. As long as players continue going from Braddock to FH. A small school can’t compete when they fill the spots with players that were second team the last three years. People on the Alco side continue to tell the few that stayed blue thank you for not going with the others. They know what they will be up against, but it’s good a few stay faithful.

Reactions: Jailerman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT