ADVERTISEMENT

All MPSSAA winter and spring sports have been suspended indefinitely

Your next to last sentence is such an overgeneralization.

I have first-hand information about a local situation in which a spouse has been diagnosed with COVID-19. This person works at a local health care facility. I will refer to this as Person A.

Person A was tested over the weekend and diagnosed yesterday.

Person A is currently in quarantine.

Person A’s spouse is Person B.

Person B works at another local health care facility. The facility is very much aware that Person B’s spouse has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Due to Person B being asymptomatic, Person B is expected to report to work.

All the while, the county health department will not test Person B because Person B is asymptomatic.

Again, your statement is simply far from being true.

Yes, this is one way the virus gets into such health care facilities.

Again, it is very apparent insurance claims and Medicare claims are more important than preventing the spread.

Please let me ask a question.

A Cumberland nursing home has over 35 COV infected residents. 10 health care providers are looking after them. How do we let those 10 health care providers back in each day?

Think of Person A as the 35 infected residents in quarantine
Think of Person B as the health care provider with no symptoms

Are you looking to sue the Cumberland Nursing Home when your loved one passed because Person B was allowed back in the building?

Just trying to understand how you would handle such a thing with no testing available. There is not an unlimited supply of Person B.

I am glad you have such close connections with those at UMPC.

Do I think we have enough tests? Absolutely not! Does the jack-butt of a POTUS say that we do? Every friggin day - he does.

My gosh, I honestly can’t imagine what a cluster this would be without Fauci and Birn (sp?).

Again, if a spouse has COVID-19, I would certainly test the other spouse, also a health care worker. The one health care facility has zero cases. It is rather negligent to permit a person to come to work there knowing full week an employee’s spouse has the virus.

Yes, I know how long it takes to get the results. In fact, I mentioned it above, but you obviously missed it.

Peace be with you.

We agree 100% on POTUS and testing. I have come to respect Dr. Fauci immensely. The media sometimes takes what he says out of proportion (imagine that). I'm gaining some respect for Gov. Hogan. Was not really a fan, but getting those tests from South Korea was immensely resourceful. He has my respect and attention now. We all learn and adapt. We all have been wrong about COV at some point since February...even the experts at the top of the medical field chain who have spent their whole life in it.

A Cumberland nursing home has over 35 COV infected residents. 10 health care providers are looking after them. How do we let those 10 health care providers back in each day?

Are you looking to sue the Cumberland Nursing Home when your loved one passed because Person B was allowed back in the building?

Just trying to understand how you would handle such a thing with no testing available. There is not an unlimited supply of Person B.

You willfully continue to miss the point.

Person B is at a facility with zero cases. So...it is okay for Person B to go to work without testing and potentially compromise a facility with zero cases? That makes no sense.

You willfully continue to miss the point.

Person B is at a facility with zero cases. So...it is okay for Person B to go to work without testing and potentially compromise a facility with zero cases? That makes no sense.

No, my question relates totally.

Person B at the nursing home is around infection. 35 of them.
Person B also has to treat residents with zero infection...maybe even in another facility.

Nurses, doctors and all care givers deal with both COV and non-COV patients all day long and there is no way around it.

Here's a novel concept. How about we pay those 10 health care workers hazard pay to stay at the facility until the crisis is brought under control? The hazard pay can be taken from the CEO's and upper management salaries since they seem to be useless in situations like this. Let upper management sit at home and collect unemployment or live off their huge savings accounts and stock options. That would keep the patients and workers isolated and would be one hell of an incentive for those workers to do what was asked of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDHelmick
Here's a novel concept. How about we pay those 10 health care workers hazard pay to stay at the facility until crisis is brought under control? The hazard pay can be the equivalent of the CEO and upper management salaries. Let upper management sit at home and collect unemployment since they seem to be useless in times like this. That would keep the patients and workers isoloated and would be one hell of an incentive hell or those workers to do what was asked of them.

Those nurses and doctors would be making the ultimate sacrifice for sure. Being away from family for months, risk of death or infection super high. Sounds like someone in the military while at war. God bless them all.

My buddy Jimmy W works at the Western Maryland Health System cafeteria. He's none too happy he is forced to work on the front lines while the government agreed to give unemployed people an extra $600 with their normal unemployment check. Where is his extra $600? He makes a very vaild point. Gotta take care of those front line people first.

Reactions: bigsavage
Those nurses and doctors would be making the ultimate sacrifice for sure. Being away from family for months, risk of death or infection super high. Sounds like someone in the military while at war. God bless them all.

My buddy Jimmy W works at the Western Maryland Health System cafeteria. He's none too happy he is forced to work on the front lines while the government agreed to give unemployed people an extra $600 with their normal unemployment check. Where is his extra $600? He makes a very vaild point. Gotta take care of those front line people first.

My wife is a nurse and she knows people from the area that are in NY right now taking 21 day nursing assignments for 30k.. If you give people an incentive you wouldn't have a shortage of volunteers to make that sacrifice.

Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best. But we tend to elect people and put people in decision making roles that don't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
No, my question relates totally.

Person B at the nursing home is around infection. 35 of them.
Person B also has to treat residents with zero infection...maybe even in another facility.

Nurses, doctors and all care givers deal with both COV and non-COV patients all day long and there is no way around it.

Health Facility #1 - multiple identified cases. It is the place where Person A is employed. Person A is in quarantine.

Health Facility #2 - zero identified cases. Person B, the spouse of Person A, is employed here. Person B is currently not living with Person A due to Person A’s diagnosis and quarantine. Until Person A’s diagnosis, Person B was living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed, eating dinner together, etc.

Health Facilty #2 clearly knows Person B has been exposed to COVID-19. To the knowledge of other employees in Health Facility #2, no other person related to the facility has been exposed to COVID-19.

I will argue until the cows come home that Person B should be tested and given two days off until the results are known. Why take the risks of potentially exposing multiple patients and employees to COVID-19 within a facility with zero known cases of COVID-19?

A tenet of of the medical community is “Do no harm.” A major component of this tenet is don’t take unnecessary risks that could potentially harm people. Otherwise, that is known as negligence.

I have no more to say on the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomad974
Health Facility #1 - multiple identified cases. It is the place where Person A is employed. Person A is in quarantine.

Health Facility #2 - zero identified cases. Person B, the spouse of Person A, is employed here. Person B is currently not living with Person A due to Person A’s diagnosis and quarantine. Until Person A’s diagnosis, Person B was living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed, eating dinner together, etc.

Health Facilty #2 clearly knows Person B has been exposed to COVID-19. To the knowledge of other employees in Health Facility #2, no other person related to the facility has been exposed to COVID-19.

I will argue until the cows come home that Person B should be tested and given two days off until the results are known. Why take the risks of potentially exposing multiple patients and employees to COVID-19 within a facility with zero known cases of COVID-19?

A tenet of of the medical community is “Do no harm.” A major component of this tenet is don’t take unnecessary risks that could potentially harm people. Otherwise, that is known as negligence.

I have no more to say on the topic.

I'm on your side as I have been a hard advocate of protecting the critical. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to 100% full proof such a thing for those that require others to take care of them. Short of maybe what bigsavage recommended and paying those health care givers more and locking them in.

Find me a nurse you replace Person A or B with that is guaranteed to not have been exposed.You cannot trace such a thing.

You cannot sue for COV death because there is no way to tell where your loved one got it. It's a spreading disease. Negligence is going out of the house just one time. If it were that easy we would all be fine. You are looking to blame someone for an infectious disease that can't be stopped or avoided.

Need more testing. It won't come and it definitely won't come fast enough.

Last edited:
We should have been isolating the critical from the start and still should be doing it. Why do you think nursing homes and hospitals are not open to the public? That is called ISOLATING THE CRITICAL. But you are asking for this to be 100% full proof protection, which can never happen in any situation. You are probably one of those that say children die from this virus. Well no shit, but that doesn't mean children are at the same risk as an 85 year old with liver disease so we need to treat them the same.

Just answer this question...Are you more concerned with an 85 year old or a 63 year old person with diabetes than a heathy 8 year old? I would sure hope so. We should be isolating the two with every possible means. But it still can't be full proof.

I never assumed isolation of any kind is foolproof, whether we isolate everyone or just the critical. Because isolation itself isn't absolute. Unless you have an endless amount of supplies (supplies that are ALL handled with complete sterility - which is impossible), and you dont have to interact with ANYone for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks or however long, and you dont need to make money and all your bills get paid, and you dont need any kind of care....etc...its impossible. Isolating the critical is still limited isolation. And while an 8 year old may statistically be less at risk than an 80 year old diabetic with COPD to become symptomatic and die, the child is JUST as dangerous a carrier as anyone. And if there are no quarantine or stay at home measures at ALL, regardless of how lax they are now, that 8 year old child may end up infecting MORE people than if he were kept at home. The 8 yr old kid is JUST as much an issue as the 80 year old. Not because HE may die, but because he could spread the virus even faster.

Seriously, duh.

I never assumed isolation of any kind is foolproof, whether we isolate everyone or just the critical. Because isolation itself isn't absolute. Unless you have an endless amount of supplies (supplies that are ALL handled with complete sterility - which is impossible), and you dont have to interact with ANYone for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks or however long, and you dont need to make money and all your bills get paid, and you dont need any kind of care....etc...its impossible. Isolating the critical is still limited isolation. And while an 8 year old may statistically be less at risk than an 80 year old diabetic with COPD to become symptomatic and die, the child is JUST as dangerous a carrier as anyone. And if there are no quarantine or stay at home measures at ALL, regardless of how lax they are now, that 8 year old child may end up infecting MORE people than if he were kept at home. The 8 yr old kid is JUST as much an issue as the 80 year old. Not because HE may die, but because he could spread the virus even faster.

Seriously, duh.

We agree some, but not always. I posted how I feel by quoting an epidemiologist. That 80 year old diabetic is likely to get the virus between now and a cure if any member of the household leaves if only to get coffee next door. The Stay At Home order doesn't work if somebody cheats, even if only one time. Like asking, "Did you cheat on your wife? Yes, but only one time."

The basic mechanics of disease transmission dynamics dictate that even if there is only a little bit of additional connection between groups (i.e. social dinners, play dates, unnecessary trips to the store, etc.), the epidemic likely won’t be much different than if there was no measure in place. The same underlying fundamentals of disease transmission apply, and the result is that the community is left with all of the social and economic disruption but very little public health benefit.

But I tend to look at the Stay At Home directive in a different light:
COV_liquor_sm.jpg

It saddens me to see greed attempt to dictate what is essential for them and what is essential for others during this pandemic. Even at the highest levels.

But large gatherings...bad idea. That is why we will not see football this coming 2020 season with out a cure. Bummer. But I get it.

Last edited:
We agree some, but not always. I posted how I feel by quoting an epidemiologist. That 80 year old diabetic is likely to get the virus between now and a cure if any member of the household leaves if only to get coffee next door. The Stay At Home order doesn't work if somebody cheats, even if only one time. Like asking, "Did you cheat on your wife? Yes, but only one time."

The basic mechanics of disease transmission dynamics dictate that even if there is only a little bit of additional connection between groups (i.e. social dinners, play dates, unnecessary trips to the store, etc.), the epidemic likely won’t be much different than if there was no measure in place. The same underlying fundamentals of disease transmission apply, and the result is that the community is left with all of the social and economic disruption but very little public health benefit.

But I tend to look at the Stay At Home directive in a different light:
COV_liquor_sm.jpg

It saddens me to see greed attempt to dictate what is essential for them and what is essential for others during this pandemic. Even at the highest levels.

But large gatherings...bad idea. That is why we will not see football this coming 2020 season with out a cure. Bummer. But I get it.
You should get out more

Reactions: TDHelmick
Evidently the states are going to open up most businesses in June, if for no other reason because they won't be able to keep Americans in the house any longer than that. But every respected doctor predicts the disease to come back in the Fall (similar to the seasonal flu). So what happens then? Will everything shut back down again?

Evidently the states are going to open up most businesses in June, if for no other reason because they won't be able to keep Americans in the house any longer than that. But every respected doctor predicts the disease to come back in the Fall (similar to the seasonal flu). So what happens then? Will everything shut back down again?

ADs around the state I have talked with still go about their usual scheduling practice of finding games where needed from their home, but they all agree on the premise of, "What will high schools do when one of your players tests positive for COV-19? Do you quarantine that player for 14 days, do you quarantine the team he has been banging heads with or exchanging body fluids like sweat? Do you decide this week or that week we can't play a game? Can you see the look on Roger Goodell's face when one single NFL player tests positive after having played games and banged heads? I don't see it. Forget putting 80,000 fans in a stadium. Or even 2,000. That's another issue.

One AD asked me what responsibility and liability does the school or local BOE share for letting a kid play with COV even if they don't know he has it? Can they be sued for negligence if someone dies? Good question.

Without a cure, I don't think we see high school or college sports. I want to be so wrong.

What are your thoughts?

We agree 100% on POTUS and testing. I have come to respect Dr. Fauci immensely. The media sometimes takes what he says out of proportion (imagine that). I'm gaining some respect for Gov. Hogan. Was not really a fan, but getting those tests from South Korea was immensely resourceful. He has my respect and attention now. We all learn and adapt. We all have been wrong about COV at some point since February...even the experts at the top of the medical field chain who have spent their whole life in it.

I'm gaining some respect for Gov. Hogan.

Well, I've stayed away from the general issue for a while because it has become maddeningly political and boring. So, I'm not going to do a bunch of cutting, pasting and linking... shit... information is all over the place.... but let me add: the NIH is located in MD - some of the best medical facilities in the world are in MD - and with a helluva lot less Kung flu demand than NY. Plus, Hogan is the chair of the National Governors Association and is on the phone multiple times per week with Spence/Birx et al (actually, Birx is the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator).

So, we are to believe that Hogan has been asking to use federal test facilities and supplies for a month and been denied them.... well, so says he. Believe what you want. After all, ventilators sat in a warehouse for weeks in NY while Cuomo said he didn't have any.

So, then we find that Hogan's wife is a native South Korean with business connections.... and.... get ready.... here it comes: Hogan spends 9 million dollars of MD tax payer's money on test kits from South Korea.

Frankly, if I lived in WMD I would be spitting rivets for having been shutdown for nothing. Maybe that's just the libertarian in me. I see the upcoming tax increases (yep... Kirwan) combined with no way to raise the money.... Pain. I mean real pain.

Last edited:
ADs around the state I have talked with still go about their usual scheduling practice of finding games where needed from their home, but they all agree on the premise of, "What will high schools do when one of your players tests positive for COV-19? Do you quarantine that player for 14 days, do you quarantine the team he has been banging heads with or exchanging body fluids like sweat? Do you decide this week or that week we can't play a game? Can you see the look on Roger Goodell's face when one single NFL player tests positive after having played games and banged heads? I don't see it. Forget putting 80,000 fans in a stadium. Or even 2,000. That's another issue.

One AD asked me what responsibility and liability does the school or local BOE share for letting a kid play with COV even if they don't know he has it? Can they be sued for negligence if someone dies? Good question.

Without a cure, I don't think we see high school or college sports. I want to be so wrong.

What are your thoughts?

I just read somewhere that some Scandinavian countries are sending kids back to school because they may carry the virus but not enough to spread it. Didn't save the link... but we shall see.

Well, I've stayed away from the general issue for a while because it has become maddeningly political and boring. So, I'm not going to do a bunch of cutting, pasting and linking... shit... information is all over the place.... but let me add: the NIH is located in MD - some of the best medical facilities in the world are in MD - and with a helluva lot less Kung flu demand than NY. Plus, Hogan is the chair of the National Governors Association and is on the phone multiple times per week with Spence/Birx et al (actually, Birx is the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator).

So, we are to believe that Hogan has been asking to use federal test facilities and supplies for a month and been denied them.... well, so says he. Believe what you want. After all, ventilators sat in a warehouse for weeks in NY while Cuomo said he didn't have any.

So, then we find that Hogan's wife is a native South Korean with business connections.... and.... get ready.... here it comes: Hogan spends 9 million dollars of MD tax payer's money on masks from South Korea.

Frankly, if I lived in WMD I would be spitting rivets for having been shutdown for nothing. Maybe that's just the libertarian in me. I see the upcoming tax increases (yep... Kirwan) combined with no way to raise the money.... Pain. I mean real pain.

I have to admit Hogan is doing a good job with the Covid response. I'm generally not a fan of his because he has cut public school funding every year. I was also surprised to see the price tag on the masks because most of the media coverage doesn't mention what we paid for them.

What are your thoughts?

I think the games will proceed with no fans in the stands or will require the fans to sign a waiver. I think by August we will have enough tests to screen out any sick, or potentially sick, players. I'm sure that some players will test positive but the percentage of young adults and teens that experience serious symptoms will be so low that it will be considered a reasonable risk to play the games. The real danger is for parents who attend the games.

Also, liquor stores are open because in some neighborhoods they are depended upon to cash checks

I have to admit Hogan is doing a good job with the Covid response. I'm generally not a fan of his because he has cut public school funding every year. I was also surprised to see the price tag on the masks because most of the media coverage doesn't mention what we paid for them.

Sorry.... I changed my post.... those were test kits.

But..... big bucks....
https://www.newsbreak.com/news/0OpUDoFr/maryland-spends-9-million-on-covid-19-tests-from-south-korea

Also, Herr Hogan is allowing creditors to garnish the stimulus and unemployment money... something other governors had the foresight to prevent.....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mil...ulus-checks-debt-collectors/story?id=70167489

So...let me get this straight -

It isn’t negligence if a health care facility with zero cases of COVID-19 mandates an employee work at said facility when the facility knows the employee’s spouse has been diagnosed with COVD-19. As you stated two days ago, it would not be negligence if the spouse was also infected and brought the virus into the facility and folks died as a result.

All the while, you are questioning whether a school or coach could be sued for negligence if a player knowingly or unknowingly transferred the virus to others and a person died.

Your perspectives are rather contradictory.

I believe you stated one can’t sue for negligence due to not truly knowing how a person contracted the virus.

I will be interested in seeing how you attempt to resolve your very contradictory comments.

You cannot sue for COV death because there is no way to tell where your loved one got it. It's a spreading disease. Negligence is going out of the house just one time. If it were that easy we would all be fine. You are looking to blame someone for an infectious disease that can't be stopped.

So...it is okay to blame someone in the football scenario but not in the health care facility scenario - correct?

You can’t have it both ways.

I think the games will proceed with no fans in the stands or will require the fans to sign a waiver. I think by August we will have enough tests to screen out any sick, or potentially sick, players. I'm sure that some players will test positive but the percentage of young adults and teens that experience serious symptoms will be so low that it will be considered a reasonable risk to play the games. The real danger is for parents who attend the games.

Also, liquor stores are open because in some neighborhoods they are depended upon to cash checks
Believe it or not one reason liquor stores stay open is they don't need drunks going to the hospital because they're having a bad case of detox

Believe it or not one reason liquor stores stay open is they don't need drunks going to the hospital because they're having a bad case of detox

I just saw on the WH presser that the #1 killer of Kung flu on contact is isopropyl alcohol.... more than bleach. So, maybe have some (granted a different kind) of alcohol in your system gives you some immunity. Maybe a shot of Jack Daniels for your hands before drinking a shot. (The aforementioned opinion was as least as good as the models have been.)

Seriously, a few detox cases would have been insignificant. But the goal is not to sober folks up.... the goal is to break the economy, change the voting regulations and bring on socialism. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: RedPride97
Seriously, a few detox cases would have been insignificant. But the goal is not to sober folks up.... the goal is to break the economy, change the voting regulations and bring on socialism. Just my thoughts.

Uh...socialism via the protective measures for businesses and employees is already in place.

Unless, of course, you view corporate welfare as something different.

Now, do I believe businesses and employees should be protected? Absolutely!

Let’s just call it what it is - Democratic Socialism. If it was anything different, the alleged capitalists would be permitted to fail.

Again, I am in favor of government assistance.

Then again, I realize projects of the socialistic idea of the New Deal, such as Greenway Avenue Stadium and Constitution Park Pool, benefitted Americans 80 years ago and are still a benefit to our community today.

Allegany County is now at 95 COVID-19 cases.

Forget the quarantine..... dig a shelter under your house. Worse yet.... we are not thinking properly about the 'close quarters' poor prisoners up there - this is obviously an epidemic of Biblical proportions. I think we should empty the prisons in WMD and fill up the empty hotels and motels with those 'at risk' poor souls. Herr Hogan can issue special credit cards with all the local restaurants for 3 meals a day. Those working for the prisons now can be Uber drivers delivering meals. After all.... it's the end of the world.

Uh...socialism via the protective measures for businesses and employees is already in place.

Unless, of course, you view corporate welfare as something different.

Now, do I believe businesses and employees should be protected? Absolutely!

Let’s just call it what it is - Democratic Socialism. If it was anything different, the alleged capitalists would be permitted to fail.

Again, I am in favor of government assistance.

Then again, I realize projects of the socialistic idea of the New Deal, such as Greenway Avenue Stadium and Constitution Park Pool, benefitted Americans 80 years ago and are still a benefit to our community today.

The term 'Democratic Socialism' is an oxymoron at best. It always brings out the most ignorant examples of FDR which actually paid people to work under the WPA.... who otherwise wouldn't take a ****ing government dime.

The New Deal paid people to work... get it... they had dignity... they built things. To compare the American psyche today to those folks (my parents) is a grand insult.

I cannot imagine a more clueless group than those today willing to sell their freedom down the drain for what is almost bullshit. And when the vote-by-mail turns the country into a socialist paradise.... well, I will be off in the wilderness for my few remaining years.

Addendum: I have used this example before: when I was just old enough to carry a Thanksgiving day turkey my father would drive me around and I would deliver them to those who were down on their luck. Those folks wouldn't take the turkey from an adult at the door but they wouldn't turn it down from a child. Don't compare older generations.... over even my generation... to what younger folks are accepting today.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPride97
The term 'Democratic Socialism' is an oxymoron at best. It always brings out the most ignorant examples of FDR which actually paid people to work under the WPA.... who otherwise wouldn't take a ****ing government dime.

The New Deal paid people to work... get it... they had dignity... they built things. To compare the American psyche today to those folks (my parents) is a grand insult.

I cannot imagine a more clueless group than those today willing to sell their freedom down the drain for what is almost bullshit. And when the vote-by-mail turns the country into a socialist paradise.... well, I will be off in the wilderness for my few remaining years.

Oh, you mean how the military has voted for years via mail?

Why are you so afraid of voting by mail?

Yes, my grandfather provided for his family via the WPA. In fact, he helped build the stadium. I know people worked for their money.

I guess I was wrong. The financial security brought forth today by the GOP controlled government is much worse than Democratic Socialism.

I guess we can just refer to it as corporate welfare. For those unemployed, let’s just refer to it as an unemployment check. I am grateful for the fact the unemployed are getting such funding. I am also grateful small businesses are given assistance.

The airlines industry? Not so much!

I imagine you’re of the mindset there is enough COVID -19 testing, too, and the POTUS has handled the current situation better than any POTUS in the history of the U. S. could have done.

Last edited:
Oh, do you receive Social Security and Medicare? Do you plan on accepting your government check that will be forthcoming?

If so, you believe in Democratic Socialism. Otherwise, you are very much a hypocrite.

Why are you so afraid of voting by mail?

Yes, my grandfather provided for his family via the WPA. I know people worked for their money.

I guess I was wrong. The financial security brought forth today by the GOP controlled government is much worse than Democratic Socialism.

I guess we can just refer to it as corporate welfare. For those unemployed, let’s just refer to it as an unemployment check.

I imagine you’re of the mindset there is enough testing, too, and the POTUS has handled the current situation better than any POTUS in the history of the U. S. could have done.

And many of those votes don't get counted. Remember the Bush/Gore Florida issue? That is one of the issues that stopped the counting. There were thousands of military ballots not counted.

And corporate welfare is a trite, uneducated understanding of tax breaks for business. Hey! Guess what.... those corporations pay the best salaries.... and... guess what.... those government pensions are invested in corporations. Did you know that?

Oh, please understand I am not nor have ever been a republican. I don't see the difference. 4.4 million more people applied for unemployment this week..... This ****ing week!!!!

Over 26 ****ing million people are now out of work.... do you ****ing get it?

I got it as a child delivering Thanksgiving turkeys. What is your personal experience to work ethic and dignity?

Oh, do you receive Social Security and Medicare? Do you plan on accepting your government check that will be forthcoming?

If so, you believe in Democratic Socialism. Otherwise, you are very much a hypocrite.

Bullshit. I paid into both systems for 53 years. Social Security and Medicare are not entitlements and I most assuredly do not depend on them. I have a great investment and private pension along with retiree medical. I earned all of it.

And many of those votes don't get counted. Remember the Bush/Gore Florida issue? That is one of the issues that stopped the counting. There were thousands of military ballots not counted.

And corporate welfare is a trite, uneducated understanding of tax breaks for business. Hey! Guess what.... those corporations pay the best salaries.... and... guess what.... those government pensions are invested in corporations. Did you know that?

Oh, please understand I am not nor have ever been a republican. I don't see the difference. 4.4 million more people applied for unemployment this week..... This ****ing week!!!!

Over 26 ****ing million people are now out of work.... do you ****ing get it?

I got it as a child delivering Thanksgiving turkeys. What is your personal experience to work ethic and dignity?

Well, I delivered newspapers from the time I was in 5th grade through college. I know what a work ethic is.

My children also carried newspapers from grade 5 until they graduated from high school. Yes, like you like to make claims about your highly successful children, my children were highly successful students, athletes, band members, etc. in high school. All are college graduates. One is a PhD student, and one is a grad student at an Ivy League school. The other one is gainfully employed in his field of study.

Please don’t question my work ethic or that of my family - past and present.

If you think you have paid as much into Social Security and Medicare that you are currently receiving and have receivied, you are wrong.

Yes, I realize corporations are struggling, but in a true capitalistic society those corporations would be permitted to fail.

My empathy is with small businesses that are struggling and their employees.

Have a nice evening, Lags.

Peace be with you.

Last edited:

So, then we find that Hogan's wife is a native South Korean with business connections.... and.... get ready.... here it comes: Hogan spends 9 million dollars of MD tax payer's money on test kits from South Korea.

I'm with you on this one Lag. He continued to say he was having great meetings with the pres and vice so if he was having great meetings but not getting the tests he requested so he had to go out of the country to get them he was lying about a great meeting. The real question will be does the president reimburse md the 9 mil when Hogan comes begging for help even though the pres says they had the tests but Hogan misunderstood the whole process of getting them and instead of asking for help before he went to a foreign country he just did his wife a solid by getting her homeland 9 mil of md taxpayer dollars...I'm not a fan.

Reactions: Lagmeister
I'm with you on this one Lag. He continued to say he was having great meetings with the pres and vice so if he was having great meetings but not getting the tests he requested so he had to go out of the country to get them he was lying about a great meeting. The real question will be does the president reimburse md the 9 mil when Hogan comes begging for help even though the pres says they had the tests but Hogan misunderstood the whole process of getting them and instead of asking for help before he went to a foreign country he just did his wife a solid by getting her homeland 9 mil of md taxpayer dollars...I'm not a fan.

Hey, stay in Virginia, folks.

As an unaffiliated voter in MD, I’ll take Governor Hogan over just about any other governor in the U. S. as he has dealt with the current situation. Unlike the POTUS, Hogan is a leader.

And, seriously, if you want to praise the manner in which the Trump Administration has handled the pandemic, that tells me all I need to know.

Thank G_d for Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci. Otherwise, who knows how bad the current situation would be.

Good night. I have work to do.

Well, I delivered newspapers from the time I was in 5th grade through college. I know what a work ethic is.

My children also carried newspapers from grade 5 until they graduated from high school. Yes, like you like to make claims about your highly successful children, my children were highly successful students, athletes, band members, etc. in high school. All are college graduates. One is a PhD student, and one is a grad student at an Ivy League school.

Please don’t question my work ethic or that of my family - past and present.

If you think you have paid as much into Social Security and Medicare that you are currently receiving and have receivied, you are wrong.

Yes, I realize corporations are struggling, but in a true capitalistic society those corporations would be permitted to fail.

My empathy is with small businesses that are struggling and their employees.

Have a nice evening, Lags.

Peace be with you.

Not true.

Actually, if I were allowed to invest the money I paid into both government programs I would have additional millions. I once ran the numbers factoring inflation.... quite a few millions.

I know what is coming.......The first house I bought was at 16% interest rate. Inflation was over 25% a year. When I see what is happening now I know that younger folks who never went through that are totally clueless.

Worse yet.... those South Korean test kits have a huge error rate.... in many cases up to 30% positive long after the person has recovered.

Hey, stay in Virginia, folks.

As an unaffiliated voter in MD, I’ll take Governor Hogan over just about any other governor in the U. S. as he has dealt with the current situation. Unlike the POTUS, Hogan is a leader.

And, seriously, if you want to praise the manner in which the Trump Administration has handled the pandemic, that tells me all I need to know.

Thank G_d for Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci. Otherwise, who knows how bad the current situation would be.

Good night. I have work to do.
Your ignorance is noted, I am not affiliated with Virginia..Nova was the name of my late father's favorite tv program. AS TD has said we can all have opinions and discuss but what we don't need is somebody who tries to shut anybody down, guess that is what being a lib is all about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT