ADVERTISEMENT

Wow....Check Out These Keyser/Allegany Stats/Facts

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
From the Times-News, "Keyser’s defense limited Allegany to just 129 yards in offense on 48 plays."

From the Times-News, "Even with Keyser’s six touchdowns, the score could’ve been more in favor of the Golden Tornado if it weren’t for a handful of missed opportunities. Keyser fumbled at the Allegany 11, twice turned it over on downs inside the Allegany 20 and had a punt return for a touchdown called back on an illegal procedure penalty."

I haven't seen the official box score, it appears Allegany managed only 70 yards rushing with their leading rusher having 23 yards. Also looks like they completed only 4 passes for 59 yards.

Look Keyser is good, real good, they've more than proven themselves thus far. I for one am pulling for them to bring home a state title this year and I hope other local folks do the same. But come on Allegany, I think everybody expected a much better showing than that. What is going on?

From the Times-News, "Keyser’s defense limited Allegany to just 129 yards in offense on 48 plays."

From the Times-News, "Even with Keyser’s six touchdowns, the score could’ve been more in favor of the Golden Tornado if it weren’t for a handful of missed opportunities. Keyser fumbled at the Allegany 11, twice turned it over on downs inside the Allegany 20 and had a punt return for a touchdown called back on an illegal procedure penalty."

I haven't seen the official box score, it appears Allegany managed only 70 yards rushing with their leading rusher having 23 yards. Also looks like they completed only 4 passes for 59 yards.

Look Keyser is good, real good, they've more than proven themselves thus far. I for one am pulling for them to bring home a state title this year and I hope other local folks do the same. But come on Allegany, I think everybody expected a much better showing than that. What is going on?
Allegany gets too much credit simply on name recognition... As a program they haven't been good for quite sometime.

Allegany gets too much credit simply on name recognition... As a program they haven't been good for quite sometime.

I think you've hit the nail on the head bigsavage. I also think the fact that they played Fort Hill so well at Homecoming last year has over inflated most people's opinion as to how good they should be this year, or were last year. That game may have just been an anomaly, with the close outcome coming from Fort Hill just keeping it as vanilla as possible while assuming there would be a rematch. I mean the next week they went to North Carroll and lost.

Remember! Brown gained all but 93 yards of the offense for FH against Keyser - and if not mistaken scored virtually all their points. Take the world class speedster out and you find the same beating without any points being scored - Brown was their offense against Keyser (16 carries and 3 pass receptions for 290 yds - not even considering punt returns). Comparatively speaking, the Campers limited talent and play calling put up more offense than everybody but Brown. Allegany holds up against 1A and some 2A schools with a coach like Preaskorn, but factor in some superior speed and/or a big line and they crumble like a cheap suit.

I would venture to guess that Preaskorn simplified the Alco offense against Keyser because of the massive number of penalties they made against MR. Going forward, if Allegany doesn't get completely healthy they could easily lose another three games and have FH drop 50 pts on them. FH now has the coaching and the talent pool of Cumberland. The rivalry is dead at both FH and Keyser.

Remember! Brown gained all but 93 yards of the offense for FH against Keyser - and if not mistaken scored virtually all their points. Take the world class speedster out and you find the same beating without any points being scored - Brown was their offense against Keyser (16 carries and 3 pass receptions for 290 yds - not even considering punt returns). Comparatively speaking, the Campers limited talent and play calling put up more offense than everybody but Brown. Allegany holds up against 1A and some 2A schools with a coach like Preaskorn, but factor in some superior speed and/or a big line and they crumble like a cheap suit.

I would venture to guess that Preaskorn simplified the Alco offense against Keyser because of the massive number of penalties they made against MR. Going forward, if Allegany doesn't get completely healthy they could easily lose another three games and have FH drop 50 pts on them. FH now has the coaching and the talent pool of Cumberland. The rivalry is dead at both FH and Keyser.

I have to disagree with the "take brown away argument".. Fact is Brown is on FH's team... The same argument could be said with Tom Brady. Take Tom Brady away and Patriots don't win all those Super Bowls. Or take Michael Jordan away and the Bulls don't win. But do people really say that?? Heck you could say take Rodeheaver away from Keyser and they don't win the FH game.. Good teams usually have a "difference maker".. I think its elementary to argue about hypothetically taking "difference makers" off of teams. The Patriots and Bulls don't have an asterisk beside their championships because they had Tom Brady and Michael Jordan neither should FH because they have super talent on their team...

Last edited:

Brown got 76% of FH total yardage excluding punt returns.
I have to disagree with the "take brown away argument".. Fact is Brown is on FH's team... The same argument could be said with Tom Brady. Take Tom Brady away and Patriots don't win all those Super Bowls. Or take Michael Jordan away and the Bulls don't win. But do people really say that?? Heck you could say take Rodeheaver away from Keyser and they don't win the FH game.. Good teams usually have a "difference maker".. I think its elementary to argue about hypothetically taking "difference makers" off of teams. The Patriots and Bulls don't have an asterisk beside their championships because they had Tom Brady and Michael Jordan neither should FH because they have super talent on their team...

Brown got 76% of total FH yardage. That is hardly a mere "difference maker" when you are 2/3rds of the freakin' offense. And all of this "elementary" and "asterisk" stuff doesn't make any sense when the facts belie your comments.

Lag does this each year. Take away their best players and see what happens. Really? What kind of an analogy is that. Take away any 1A teams best players an what happens. Not sure why anyone would ponder that what if.

Maybe the reason Brown had to carry the load vs Keyser had to do with Smith going down early in the game. Smith was 75% of the offense the week before at Clearfield. How many kids have to go down before all things are even. FYI Brown had 3 carries last night vs Silver Oak. Only 6 carries at Clearfield.

Lag does this each year. Take away their best players and see what happens. Really? What kind of an analogy is that. Take away any 1A teams best players an what happens. Not sure why anyone would ponder that what if.

Maybe the reason Brown had to carry the load vs Keyser had to do with Smith going down early in the game. Smith was 75% of the offense the week before at Clearfield. How many kids have to go down before all things are even. FYI Brown had 3 carries last night vs Silver Oak. Only 6 carries at Clearfield.

Don't put words in my posts. On second thought, do whatever the hell you want whether it makes any sense or counters anything I actually posted. Here's the bottom line: Keyser was the only tough competition FH faced this year and you had to practically run Brown to death in an attempt to win. You play a weak team and you give Brown the ball a few times so he can run the length of the field.

I don't know why you FH types don't brag the guy up and constantly post how glad you are to have him. Sounds like some team resentment is going on - or at least some fan/parental resentment. Hell, if Allegany had him I know I would be bragging him up. Speaking of doing something "each year" - I read the same indifference about Johnson until he got to Maryland. You all constantly underplayed his importance to the team.

I pray FH rides Brown's legs and speed to another championship. If he is unable to do that I am certain you all will just dive under rocks about why you didn't make it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT