ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Havre de Grace forfeit two games? -- Point Totals

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
There are 16 Class 1A teams still remaining. Here is how they are currently seeded:

1. Fort Hill - 11.94
2. Mountain Ridge - 9.22
3. Patterson Mill - 8.78
4. Perryville - 7.00
5. Boonsboro - 6.89
6. Allegany - 6.62
7. Cambridge-SD - 6.04
8. Northern Garrett - 4.68
9. SEED School - 4.41
10. Lake Clifton - 4.40
11. Bohemia Manor - 4.33
12. Green Street Academy - 3.68
13. Reginald Lewis - 3.63
14. Catoctin - 2.89
15. Havre de Grace - 1.67
16. Kent County - 0.67

Last week the big head scratcher was Havre de Grace taking out Brunswick in a big upset.
More on that game here: Frederick News Post
Havre de Grace has their QB healthy and had to forfeit two games this year. I have not been able to ascertain why they had to forfeit those games -- which they actually played and won. There is nothing on the internet about it. Does anybody know why those games were forfeits?

Havre de Grace should be 4-5 so their seeding because of those forfeits are screwy. I would not be surprised if Havre de Grace beats Boonsboro this weekend. The significance is that Havre de Grace would then head to Cumberland the next week to play FH (if the Sentinels beat Northern).

Reactions: ravemwp
I watched that whole game on Nfhs.
It was really weird because Brunswick was doing anything they wanted with them. Then the game completely flipped around and Havre de Grace took complete control. The quarterback is very fast and shifty.

There are 16 Class 1A teams still remaining. Here is how they are currently seeded:

1. Fort Hill - 11.94
2. Mountain Ridge - 9.22
3. Patterson Mill - 8.78
4. Perryville - 7.00
5. Boonsboro - 6.89
6. Allegany - 6.62
7. Cambridge-SD - 6.04
8. Northern Garrett - 4.68
9. SEED School - 4.41
10. Lake Clifton - 4.40
11. Bohemia Manor - 4.33
12. Green Street Academy - 3.68
13. Reginald Lewis - 3.63
14. Catoctin - 2.89
15. Havre de Grace - 1.67
16. Kent County - 0.67

Last week the big head scratcher was Havre de Grace taking out Brunswick in a big upset.
More on that game here: Frederick News Post
Havre de Grace has their QB healthy and had to forfeit two games this year. I have not been able to ascertain why they had to forfeit those games -- which they actually played and won. There is nothing on the internet about it. Does anybody know why those games were forfeits?

Havre de Grace should be 4-5 so their seeding because of those forfeits are screwy. I would not be surprised if Havre de Grace beats Boonsboro this weekend. The significance is that Havre de Grace would then head to Cumberland the next week to play FH (if the Sentinels beat Northern).
If they played to seedings instead of regions, looks like Alco would get Bo Manor at home instead of MR, and Northern would get SEED School at home instead of FH. Both would be favored to move on instead of getting eliminated. I know its the way it is, I just don't like the regional system. It will always be disadvantages to the stonger regions.

There is a Cecil County Sports Weekly post on social media that states that the publication does not know why the MPSSAA changed the games to forfeits but commenters are stating it was due to two ineligible players. The reasons for ineligibility are being debated but there seems to be more babble about of students transferring into the school midseason and being allowed to play.

Last edited:
Maybe they wanted a lower seed so they could face FH sooner 😂😂 One was Perryville, who was the other school?

I would not be surprised if Havre de Grace beats Boonsboro this weekend.
If Boonsboro plays like they did last Friday, they will get beat. Joppatowne was better than their 2-6 record but the game should not have been close. Poor tackling and general lackluster play by Boonsboro left Joppatowne in the game. At one point, Joppatowne converted a 4th and 30 after a botched snap on a punt where Boonsboro had the ball carrier surrounded and he still managed to break free.

Joppatowne's speed, especially the QB, gave Boonsboro fits all night. They played bend but don't break defense and forced a couple turnovers deep in their own territory to stop several scoring chances. If HDG has speed and can consistently throw the ball, it could be a long night for Boonsboro.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT