1. Dunbar. 9.01
2 Catoctin 7.67
3 Ft Hill. 7.44
4.Edmonson 7.03
5 Cambridge 6.46
6. Gwynn park. 5.33
7. Fairmont. 5.00
8. Perryville. 4.33

This sets up a very tough game for Fort Hill against Gwynn park. If the defense dosent improve Ft Hill will need to score in th 40 to 50 point range to win this game.

Catoctin will have a tough game also with Fairmont.

Dunbar gets a cakewalk against Perryville or Fallston.
Anything can happen and it usually does. Just my predictions

An interesting take from a FH coach last night...I would rather face Gwynn Park at home then go on the road to Catoctin. FH may have to do both.

Dunbar may get to Annapolis with out ever having to play anyone through the first 13 weeks other than the opener against Mervo where they lost. And people rag on the FH schedule. The system is what it is.

An interesting take from a FH coach last night...I would rather face Gwynn Park at home then go on the road to Catoctin. FH may have to do both.

Dunbar may get to Annapolis with out ever having to play anyone through the first 13 weeks other than the opener against Mervo where they lost. And people rag on the FH schedule. The system is what it is.
Interesting a coach thinks Catoctin could prove challenging when there have been numerous posts on here about FH blowing out Catoctin, even a running clock. I really don't think those people are considering the fact that FH hasn't played a road playoff game the last 6 years.

Interesting a coach thinks Catoctin could prove challenging when there have been numerous posts on here about FH blowing out Catoctin, even a running clock. I really don't think those people are considering the fact that FH hasn't played a road playoff game the last 6 years.

I don't know what clown would go anywhere and claim FH would put a running clock on Catoctin or anyone remotely close to them. Those type of people are blinded by numerous Silver Oaks. They are the same people that complain when FH doesn't beat their rival with a running clock. Is this where some FH fans really are? Maybe a few but I would not consider that the thought process of the red-clad masses.

Given the fact FH employs a wing-T run game that eats up almost every second of the play clock, one would think that 2nd half running clocks would be rare.

People rag on Fort Hills schedule because for the last five weeks you want to sit down and enjoy a game and before it starts it’s over. You have to admit that these are really bad high school football teams. I get the fact that you want to win every game but Fort Hill can play better competition than that and still win.
I guess a lot of it for me is selfish reasons. I miss the really good games.

People rag on Fort Hills schedule because for the last five weeks you want to sit down and enjoy a game and before it starts it’s over. You have to admit that these are really bad high school football teams. I get the fact that you want to win every game but Fort Hill can play better competition than that and still win.
I guess a lot of it for me is selfish reasons. I miss the really good games.

My gosh...what folks fail to realize is there have always been blowouts on FH’s schedule. In the 60s FH would open with the Bell Vo-Cats. There was no running clock in those days. I can also remember FH scoring 70 against Martinsburg many moons ago.

Living in the past did not always present high-quality close games that folks seem to remember.

I don't know what clown would go anywhere and claim FH would put a running clock on Catoctin or anyone remotely close to them. Those type of people are blinded by numerous Silver Oaks. They are the same people that complain when FH doesn't beat their rival with a running clock. Is this where some FH fans really are? Maybe a few but I would not consider that the thought process of the red-clad masses.!
I don't know what clown would go anywhere and claim FH would put a running clock on Catoctin or anyone remotely close to them. Those type of people are blinded by numerous Silver Oaks. They are the same people that complain when FH doesn't beat their rival with a running clock. Is this where some FH fans really are? Maybe a few but I would not consider that the thought process of the red-clad masses.

Given the fact FH employs a wing-T run game that eats up almost every second of the play clock, one would think that 2nd half running clocks would be rare.
Speaking of the clock, does anybody ever recall a team controlling the ball for 11 minutes and 12 seconds in a quarter like Brunswick did int he 3rd? That was really hard to watch. I don't think calling a timeout and maybe doing a little changeup of some kind would hurt or to just give the d a little rest.

1. Dunbar. 9.01
2 Catoctin 7.67
3 Ft Hill. 7.44
4.Edmonson 7.03
5 Cambridge 6.46
6. Gwynn park. 5.33
7. Fairmont. 5.00
8. Perryville. 4.33

This sets up a very tough game for Fort Hill against Gwynn park. If the defense dosent improve Ft Hill will need to score in th 40 to 50 point range to win this game.

Catoctin will have a tough game also with Fairmont.

Dunbar gets a cakewalk against Perryville or Fallston.
Anything can happen and it usually does. Just my predictions

Given the results of week 1 of the playoffs, I'd be shocked if all of the top 8 seeds win, as you list above. Does that EVER happen? Look at how many lower seeded teams won last week. The East alone has the 1, 3, 5, and 7 seeds left. And, #2 Edmondson had no easy time with #7 Francis Scott Key, even tied in the 4th quarter, I believe. It would be something for both Gwynn Park & Fairmont Heights to go on the road to Baltimore in the second round and come out with victories. It'll be an interesting Friday, for sure. And, remember, Catoctin had a tough game with Boonsboro in week 1 where they came away with a 43-36 win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
Given the results of week 1 of the playoffs, I'd be shocked if all of the top 8 seeds win, as you list above. Does that EVER happen? Look at how many lower seeded teams won last week. The East alone has the 1, 3, 5, and 7 seeds left. And, #2 Edmondson had no easy time with #7 Francis Scott Key, even tied in the 4th quarter, I believe. It would be something for both Gwynn Park & Fairmont Heights to go on the road to Baltimore in the second round and come out with victories. It'll be an interesting Friday, for sure. And, remember, Catoctin had a tough game with Boonsboro in week 1 where they came away with a 43-36 win.

Boonsboro was winning at the half.

So I'm confused on this new playoff format....does the winner of FH vs Williamsport play the winner of Catoctin vs Boonsboro? I read somewhere that after round 2 everyone is reseeded.

So I'm confused on this new playoff format....does the winner of FH vs Williamsport play the winner of Catoctin vs Boonsboro? I read somewhere that after round 2 everyone is reseeded.

That is why I made a bracket with some projections. This visual will help you understand the new system. And Yes, the Finial 8 gets reseeded after Friday.

EXAMPLE BRACKET LINK

Last edited:
Ok, thanks I got it now. So what are you expecting from FH vs Williamsport matchup?

Ok, thanks I got it now. So what are you expecting from FH vs Williamsport matchup?

I have not seen Williamsport play. CalPreps has FH as a 30 point favorite on a neutral field. That's too many for me and I would take those 30 points and Williamsport. Reading the Times-News coverage of the Northern game last week, where Williamsport attempted 18 passes, I would say that definitely fits into the plan for playing with FH and making it close down the stretch, assuming the Wildcats complete half of them. You don't want a hurry up offense either, keep the chains moving and milk the play clock. Pretty much what Brunswick did last week or what any underdog has to do. Balance is hard for any team to defend and it seems Williamsport definitely has that. I think faster teams give FH even more trouble as opposed to power football. And I don't think Williamsport has the speed factor, that one goes to FH.

Captain Obvious: the FH defense has been their Achilles Heel thus far. They have been hurt by spread teams, both up the middle and through the air. However, their offensive is very explosive. They can outscore teams quickly. Kudos to Brunswick last week looking up at the scoreboard early and being down 21-0 and not folding. But that deficit did them in just the same. If there is a position higher than Captain Obvious, that person says if you don't stop FH running the ball, no chance for Williamsport. Dah!

The whole key for Williamsport will be their defense. They might be able to score and work some clock but they can't outscore FH without forcing 3-4 punts. Which no one has really done all year other than Cathedral Prep.

If Williamsport can put up 20 passes and be successful with a good chunk of them, they literally have a shot to be within striking distance to start the 4th quarter. The obvious pick is FH at Greenway though. The Sentinels losing in the 2nd round would be the first time since 2012.

Reactions: Transferdrum
Alot of it is going to be which Williamsport team shows up. They have the talent to play with and beat FH. Their 6-4 record is deceiving.......because honestly they have chocked in some bigger games.....example 4-5 fumbles at Catoctin. Without the fumbles that is a close game. They have size on both lines and they have speed at the skill positions. I think 30 points is crazy......really feel this game will be decided by 7 or less.

Alot of it is going to be which Williamsport team shows up. They have the talent to play with and beat FH. Their 6-4 record is deceiving.......because honestly they have chocked in some bigger games.....example 4-5 fumbles at Catoctin. Without the fumbles that is a close game. They have size on both lines and they have speed at the skill positions. I think 30 points is crazy......really feel this game will be decided by 7 or less.
If williamsport has a good d you maybe right if FH gets on the edge they win by 3 tds

If williamsport has a good d you maybe right if FH gets on the edge they win by 3 tds

Honestly win or lose I'm happy for the kids. I feel like Williamsport is finally turning the corner. They have a good coach and consistency that will allow the program to be respectable year in and year out. I was watching your QB/kicker on YouTube......wow what a talent!!!

Reactions: RedPride97
I think either is extreme. FH probably wont win by 30+, but I dont see it finishing as a one score game either. I'd say that it will probably be around a 3 score game

I'm going to say 24-21 Williamsport. The spread has given FH problems and this game will also.....williamsport has speed at skill positions to make a few plays here and there....I think Williamsports D is just good enough to get a few key stops.

It's hard to judge your team...you only played two teams with a winning record and you lost to one of them.

Then again..,,

Boonsboro 35 - Williamsport 14

Boonsboro 28 - Allegany 27

Fort Hill 38 - Allegany 14

I guess around 9:00 p.m. tomorrow we will know if your conclusion or my conclusion is accurate.

And you could be right, and I wont be mad. Like I said I'm happy with the direction the team is moving and this is a great stepping stone for Williamsport win or lose. I'm just happy it wont be cold like it was last week in accident......wow that was horrible! I think it said around 40 at kickoff

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
And you could be right, and I wont be mad. Like I said I'm happy with the direction the team is moving and this is a great stepping stone for Williamsport win or lose. I'm just happy it wont be cold like it was last week in accident......wow that was horrible! I think it said around 40 at kickoff

I respect your positive attitude. Good luck!

I'm going to say 24-21 Williamsport. The spread has given FH problems and this game will also.....williamsport has speed at skill positions to make a few plays here and there....I think Williamsports D is just good enough to get a few key stops.
Williamsport's best chance is to win a shootout. While the FH defense hasnt been good the offense hasn't really been stimed aside from the ECP game(which you can throw out). Williamsport may stay withing two scores. I'll still say FH 38-21

Allegany had Boonsboro beat, lost the lead then went for 2 at the end to win unsuccessful. Boonsboro beating Williamsport says a lot. They are a decent 1A team, but definitely not top tier

No disrespect FH has an awesome tradition! What you guys have done over the years is amazing.

No offense to me, you're totally right. This seasons opponents (even the ones that should've been better) left a bit to be desired. FH is not going to cakewalk through these playoffs like they have in the past 6 years. In fact, I think they are a distinct underdog to even make the finals. They can do it, for sure, but they will have to play above where they've been playing this season.

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT