ADVERTISEMENT

JV Battle of the unbeatens at Greenway tonight

Congrats to Mountain Ridge. Their defense played lights out tonight. I think FH had like 12 plays that went for negative yardage.

Not trying to diminish anything, but I am confused and maybe if there is a referee or someone familiar with rules that can chime in here and help everyone to understand what happened, then please do.

In the second half the game is tied at 7-7. Mountain Ridge had a 4th and 2 at midfield. They went for it. The QB rolls right towards the FH bench, gets hit and fumbles. FH picks it up and returns the fumble 50 yards for a touchdown. After the play is over and two refs are signaling touchdown, the refs decide to take the 6 points off the board and bring the ball back to midfield and let Mountain Ridge run 4th down all over again. No time out was called and there was no flag. Except this time it is now 4th down and 4, not 4th down and 2. Mountain Ridge decides to punt and pins FH back inside their own 25. If the refs blew the play dead then at worst it is FH ball at midfield because it was 4th down and they did not make the yard to gain. Everyone is so confused.

There was much more to this game than just that one play, but it seemed to break the back of FH. I have no idea what the call was. A guy I know on the sidelines said there must have been an inadvertent whistle because the ref on the opposite sideline thought the Mtn Ridge QB recovered the fumble. But if that is the case then the ball is dead right there and it is FH ball going the other way.

Reactions: beall02
Congratulations to the JV Miners'. Big win for them tonight. Really hoping this translates to good things in the next few years at the Varsity level.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Danny Bauer the official on the complete other side of the field saw that Mtn Ridge wasn't going to get the first down so he blew the whistle to let them try again. LOL. Sad but true and not a surprise.

But agree MR won the game fair and square. Nice job Miners. Fun game to watch. I hope this is a great sign MR will be a team to reckon with down the road. It's great for area football.

Congrats to Mountain Ridge. Their defense played lights out tonight. I think FH had like 12 plays that went for negative yardage.

Not trying to diminish anything, but I am confused and maybe if there is a referee or someone familiar with rules that can chime in here and help everyone to understand what happened, then please do.

In the second half the game is tied at 7-7. Mountain Ridge had a 4th and 2 at midfield. They went for it. The QB rolls right towards the FH bench, gets hit and fumbles. FH picks it up and returns the fumble 50 yards for a touchdown. After the play is over and two refs are signaling touchdown, the refs decide to take the 6 points off the board and bring the ball back to midfield and let Mountain Ridge run 4th down all over again. No time out was called and there was no flag. Except this time it is now 4th down and 4, not 4th down and 2. Mountain Ridge decides to punt and pins FH back inside their own 25. If the refs blew the play dead then at worst it is FH ball at midfield because it was 4th down and they did not make the yard to gain. Everyone is so confused.

There was much more to this game than just that one play, but it seemed to break the back of FH. I have no idea what the call was. A guy I know on the sidelines said there must have been an inadvertent whistle because the ref on the opposite sideline thought the Mtn Ridge QB recovered the fumble. But if that is the case then the ball is dead right there and it is FH ball going the other way.

By this explanation the only thing that I can think of is they had the ball spotted incorrectly to start the play and felt the need to correct the mistake. I don't know any other reason to go from 4th-and-2 to 4th-and-4. The inadvertent whistle is a possibility but I don't understand how that would change the yardage situation.

It was just explained to me by the FH coach that the refs told him on the field that yes, the ref on the other side of the field blew an inadvertent whistle after the snap and that Mountain Ridge then gets to run the play over again. Why it now was 4th and 4 instead of 4th and 2 no one knows. But Ridge then punted. I'm still confused. There is a difference between an inadvertent whistle and a ref thinking the play is over. If he blew it dead, then it should have been FH ball right there. But it definitely was a clear fumble. He lost it standing up and was never tackled.

Unless the JV squad has beaten them previously it has to be. Varsity hasn't.
I believe this actually is. I went back as far as 2009 on the FH website and couldnt find a single one. Ridge finally got one over on them after 12 years

Ridge has a Freshman that got hurt before the first game who is a real good player at rb and db. He was one of the better players in the youth league and was doing real good at scrimmages before the injury.

Reactions: CrickRat23
FH lost both starting guards this week. One who got moved to varsity just minutes before kickoff. They replaced him with a kid who had never played there. They got crushed up the middle. Then FH had their best RB ejected in the first half. Excuses, excuses, blah, blah. FH JV doesn't use the 9th graders with a freshmen team. It's like playing with 12th graders only on varsity. But I like it for developmental purposes.

Every area team seems to have a good number of 9th and 10th graders on varsity. Small ball at its best. But the accidental blown whistle that changed the game as a kid was fumbling was the worst call I have seen all year. Don't believe it was accidental. I mean who blows the whistle as a kid is fumbling? LOL.

Last edited:
FH lost both starting guards this week. One who got moved to varsity just minutes before kickoff. They replaced him with a kid who had never played there. They got crushed up the middle. Then FH had their best RB ejected in the first half. Excuses, excuses, blah, blah. FH JV doesn't use the 9th graders with a freshmen team. It's like playing with 12th graders only on varsity. But I like it for developmental purposes.

Every area team seems to have a good number of 9th and 10th graders on varsity. Small ball at its best. But the accidental blown whistle that changed the game as a kid was fumbling was the worst call I have seen all year. Don't believe it was accidental. I mean who blows the whistle as a kid is fumbling? LOL.

Yea that call was a head scratcher. The question I have is what is an inadvertent whistle? If the ref blows it because he thought forward progress had been stopped or that the ball carrier's knee was down when he fumbled then that is the call, not an inadvertent whistle. It would be the question from the head official to ask why the whistle was blown, then make a decision accordingly. But to just say do the 4th down play over again didn't make sense, especially in that situation. That was as bad of a call as I have seen in a few years. It made no sense.

Yea that call was a head scratcher. The question I have is what is an inadvertent whistle? If the ref blows it because he thought forward progress had been stopped or that the ball carrier's knee was down when he fumbled then that is the call, not an inadvertent whistle. It would be the question from the head official to ask why the whistle was blown, then make a decision accordingly. But to just say do the 4th down play over again didn't make sense, especially in that situation. That was as bad of a call as I have seen in a few years. It made no sense.

A. During a legal forward pass or during a legal kick, if there's an IW, the down must be replayed (if all penalties are declined). No options.

B. If there's a backward pass, fumble, illegal forward pass or illegal kick and an IW occurs while ball is still loose, the team who lost possession can choose to take the ball at the spot where they lost the ball or to replay the down (if all penalties are declined).

C. If a player is in possession of the ball when an IW occurs, the team in possession can choose to take the ball at the spot when the whistle was blown, or to replay the down (if all penalties are declined).

D. An accepted penalty for a live-ball foul nullifies an IW and we enforce the penalty using the normal all-but-one principle.

A. During a legal forward pass or during a legal kick, if there's an IW, the down must be replayed (if all penalties are declined). No options.

B. If there's a backward pass, fumble, illegal forward pass or illegal kick and an IW occurs while ball is still loose, the team who lost possession can choose to take the ball at the spot where they lost the ball or to replay the down (if all penalties are declined).

C. If a player is in possession of the ball when an IW occurs, the team in possession can choose to take the ball at the spot when the whistle was blown, or to replay the down (if all penalties are declined).

D. An accepted penalty for a live-ball foul nullifies an IW and we enforce the penalty using the normal all-but-one principle.

Thanks for the clarification bigdawg. That clears up why the down was replayed and the reason the yardage was different on the second fourth down play. Always good to have a ref on here to explain such things.

Reactions: ConeyIsland

So now Danny Bauer, who is a better man than you are (and actually played) is out there reffing so he can intentionally help teams win who are playing against Fort Hill? Yeah, I'm sure.

Let's keep in mind that you don't coach, ref, work the chains on the sideline, drive the band trailer or do anything to help the local kids that you stalk all year around. Danny, like a lot of other guys in the area, is at least out there doing something to get involved and help out with the collective effort.

You're on a real streak the past few days, village idiot.

I think they mistakenly replayed the down AND at the spot. Probably just a quick on remembering the full rule. Don't get me started on basketball officiating locally, but I think that MOST football refs locally do a pretty good job. That could be considered a bit of an obscure rule. Idk

Reactions: ConeyIsland
So now Danny Bauer, who is a better man than you are (and actually played) is out there reffing so he can intentionally help teams win who are playing against Fort Hill? Yeah, I'm sure.

Let's keep in mind that you don't coach, ref, work the chains on the sideline, drive the band trailer or do anything to help the local kids that you stalk all year around. Danny, like a lot of other guys in the area, is at least out there doing something to get involved and help out with the collective effort.

You're on a real streak the past few days, village idiot.
If any one is ranting it's you donkey dick. Read what you type.

So just to be clear, in the middle of the biggest play of the game upto that point on 4th down an official 25 yards away on the other side of the field blows his whistle accidentally as soon as a player fumbles the football. Yea right. I understand bad calls. Officials are human. But I was not born yesterday. FH still had opportunities to win so I don't know anyone blaming the loss on a ref. There was also a phantom pass interference call in the last 2 minutes that gave FH another life. I did not see any interference so a bad call went against MR too. I have no issue with a bad call. But to blow your whistle as a kid fumbles is not a bad call. Why did he blow the whistle?I was told his answer was he didn't know why. OK.

If you really want to see people cry about local refs by name then read what your other blue ball fans type here about FH Greenway home cooking PhoneyIsland. What, are you blind as well? If you spent as much time helping kids as you do crying here Alco would be unbeatable.

Reactions: Darknite12
If you really want to see people cry about local refs by name then read what your other blue ball fans type here about FH Greenway home cooking PhoneyIsland. What, are you blind as well? If you spent as much time helping kids as you do crying here Alco would be unbeatable.

Why do that when we can watch Lineman ir some other SJW cry about the refs in most of FH's wins.

Now we got CryinH1974 pouring out tears about a call in a jv game.

It has to be exhausting trying to find offense in every little thing.

If any one is ranting it's you donkey dick. Read what you type.

So just to be clear, in the middle of the biggest play of the game upto that point on 4th down an official 25 yards away on the other side of the field blows his whistle accidentally as soon as a player fumbles the football. Yea right. I understand bad calls. Officials are human. But I was not born yesterday. FH still had opportunities to win so I don't know anyone blaming the loss on a ref. There was also a phantom pass interference call in the last 2 minutes that gave FH another life. I did not see any interference so a bad call went against MR too. I have no issue with a bad call. But to blow your whistle as a kid fumbles is not a bad call. Why did he blow the whistle?I was told his answer was he didn't know why. OK.

Yes! I knew we could get that emotion back. You never let us down, CoachBrian.

You stated that Danny Bauer intentionally blew the whistle so that Ridge could have another shot at a first down. Because of that and pretty much everything else you whine about, you're an idiot, who tries to continually fuel FH vs. Alco issues when in fact, there aren't any.

Also, just because you didn't see any pass interference, doesn't mean that there wasn't pass interference. Because as we all know, even though you just recently claim to have played, you are not a referee.

I appreciate the compliment that if I spent time helping kids, Alco would be unbeatable. But you're giving me way too much credit, because I'm not a football coach. Although 3 of the 5 kids I did train with while playing in college and shortly after did get money to play in college themselves, and their W2's are already higher than yours.

Also, not sure if you know.. but contrary to your claim at the beginning of the season, FH's starting QB is in fact Danny King :)

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Did the fumble happen to occur 2 yards behind the LOS with the IW

Ridge should have gotten the opition to
A) take the play = No Way Defense had scored
B) Replay the down from the LOS which was 4th and 2
How did they get to 4th and 4 instead

Yes! I knew we could get that emotion back. You never let us down, CoachBrian.

You stated that Danny Bauer intentionally blew the whistle so that Ridge could have another shot at a first down. Because of that and pretty much everything else you whine about, you're an idiot, who tries to continually fuel FH vs. Alco issues when in fact, there aren't any.

Also, just because you didn't see any pass interference, doesn't mean that there wasn't pass interference. Because as we all know, even though you just recently claim to have played, you are not a referee.

I appreciate the compliment that if I spent time helping kids, Alco would be unbeatable. But you're giving me way too much credit, because I'm not a football coach. Although 3 of the 5 kids I did train with while playing in college and shortly after did get money to play in college themselves, and their W2's are already higher than yours.

Also, not sure if you know.. but contrary to your claim at the beginning of the season, FH's starting QB is in fact Danny King :)
Like I said, When your own blue balls are on here counting penalties in FH games you have nothing to say hypocrite. Your entire life on this forum revolves around what FH is doing or what Alco used to do. I've been complimentary of MR the whole time here. Congrats on helping a couple of kids Mr. Big Time. I have raised more money with fundraisers helping local pee wee and youth league teams than you will in a lifetime. If you want to continue the personal assaults with every post I make we can go there donkey dick. Maybe you and Bauer can go rob the liquor store in your Riddell coaching shorts and original cut off mesh Alco jersey. BloW the whistle while the play is still happening. HAHAHA. Good one.

Did the fumble happen to occur 2 yards behind the LOS with the IW

Ridge should have gotten the opition to
A) take the play = No Way Defense had scored
B) Replay the down from the LOS which was 4th and 2
How did they get to 4th and 4 instead
As I believe someone had pointed out in am earlier post, we believe the refs misinterpreted the rule, or just flat out spotted the ball wrong the second time.

Like I said, When your own blue balls are on here counting penalties in FH games you have nothing to say hypocrite. Your entire life on this forum revolves around what FH is doing or what Alco used to do. I've been complimentary of MR the whole time here. Congrats on helping a couple of kids Mr. Big Time. I have raised more money with fundraisers helping local pee wee and youth league teams than you will in a lifetime. If you want to continue the personal assaults with every post I make we can go there donkey dick. Maybe you and Bauer can go rob the liquor store in your Riddell coaching shorts and original cut off mesh Alco jersey. BloW the whistle while the play is still happening. HAHAHA. Good one.
CryinH1974 wants a medal for selling coffee cakes as pee wee games and buying Hot Stove Easter candy.

I'm guessing next he'll say Bauer is also from Baltimore and is part of the state conspiracy to keep FH down as much as possible.

I hope I was not the one that started this officiating debate that took over the good things Mountain Ridge had accomplished. Then I realized that is what this forum does. So I felt obliged to start another thread.

My officiating questions about the inadvertent whistle play being discussed on this thread were based on my mathematical/rules organization of football nerd qualities and curiosity. I just was looking for an explanation on the rules and an explanation as to what was actually called.

My fact gathering concludes that the IW rules were followed but they messed up the respotting of the ball for whatever reason. What I'm still not 100% sure about has nothing to do with the IW rules, but more about what constitutes an IW.

If a player is running down the sideline for a touchdown and the official blows the whistle saying he stepped out at the 10 yard line, even though the player did not...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Spot the ball at the 10.

If a QB is getting sacked and fumbles and the official blows the whistle saying his arm was going forward...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Incomplete pass.

If a player fumbles the ball (as we saw last night) and the official blows the whistle saying forward progress was stopped or the runner's knee was down or the fumble was recovered by the offense...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Spot the ball there.

The definition to me of an IW using common sense is when an official blows the whistle for no apparent reason as the play is still live. Yea, then the offense should get to go back and replay the down...and the official basically admits he screwed up and for some unexplainable reason he blew wind into the whistle.

So to rephrase in a nutshell, why did the official blow the whistle?
1) he thought forward progress had stopped, play over
2) he thought the runner was down, play over
3) he thought the fumble was recovered by someone, play over
4) he thought someone called time out, which case someone is charged a time out
5) he has no clue why he blew the whistle

The first four are not an inadvertent whistle.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get what you;re saying - if the ref blew the whistle for what he thought was a reason, right call or not, it's not inadvertent. He MEANT to blow his whistle. Plays dead. Maybe incorrectly dead, but dead. I just really think it was a momentary lapse in thought process. Maybe he did blow the whistle, and realized after he did that he was wrong, but that's still not inadvertent. That's when the zebras get together and discuss the play and get it correct. Perhaps they just discussed it and couldnt come to a consensus, and the white hat said "eff it, just play it over"...which he IS allowed to do

"Like I said, When your own blue balls are on here counting penalties in FH games you have nothing to say hypocrite."

You'll have to explain to me how I'm a hypocrite whenever I didn't disagree with the fact that the whistle shouldn't have been blown. To be clear, which I know is hard for you to comprehend without getting your feelings hurt and talking in circles about a bunch of irrelevant things, and for the third time: what I disagree with is your claim that it was blown by a former Alco player to intentionally cheat FH.

"Your entire life on this forum revolves around what FH is doing or what Alco used to do."

Actually, again, if you could read and comprehend beyond a 3rd grade level, I've always stated that FH is a very solid and well run program. I also don't get what you mean by "what Alco used to do" because it's not about what Alco used to do - it's about what Alco needs to do get better. I do understand that your emotions cloud your ability to see that, though.

"I've been complimentary of MR the whole time here."

Irrelevant - nothing in our responses to one another has anything to do with Ridge. Again (4th time) it spurred from your claim that a former Alco player blatantly tried to cheat FH. Not about who FH was playing.

"Congrats on helping a couple of kids Mr. Big Time. I have raised more money with fundraisers helping local pee wee and youth league teams than you will in a lifetime."

The congrats are all on your side - it must be very rewarding to sell no-bake cookies and Joe Corbi pizzas door to door. But my check to the stadium committee was more than your mortgage for three months. Actually, based on averages and the market rankings, more like 5-6 months. Private donations make up a big part of the fund, so since you're there 2-3x per week during season, you're welcome.

"If you want to continue the personal assaults with every post I make we can go there donkey dick."

They're not personal assaults. They're motivation for you to work on your emotional intelligence and communications/comprehension skills.

"Maybe you and Bauer can go rob the liquor store in your Riddell coaching shorts and original cut off mesh Alco jersey. BloW the whistle while the play is still happening. HAHAHA. Good one."

For the second time, I'm not a coach. And the staffs for both schools back in the day wore the Bike coaching shorts... Riddell made the helmets. You would've known that if you'd actually played.

Rob a liquor store? I don't see the motive there, sorry.

PS - Turns out Danny King is FH's QB, btw :D

"Like I said, When your own blue balls are on here counting penalties in FH games you have nothing to say hypocrite."

You'll have to explain to me how I'm a hypocrite whenever I didn't disagree with the fact that the whistle shouldn't have been blown. To be clear, which I know is hard for you to comprehend without getting your feelings hurt and talking in circles about a bunch of irrelevant things, and for the third time: what I disagree with is your claim that it was blown by a former Alco player to intentionally cheat FH.

"Your entire life on this forum revolves around what FH is doing or what Alco used to do."

Actually, again, if you could read and comprehend beyond a 3rd grade level, I've always stated that FH is a very solid and well run program. I also don't get what you mean by "what Alco used to do" because it's not about what Alco used to do - it's about what Alco needs to do get better. I do understand that your emotions cloud your ability to see that, though.

"I've been complimentary of MR the whole time here."

Irrelevant - nothing in our responses to one another has anything to do with Ridge. Again (4th time) it spurred from your claim that a former Alco player blatantly tried to cheat FH. Not about who FH was playing.

"Congrats on helping a couple of kids Mr. Big Time. I have raised more money with fundraisers helping local pee wee and youth league teams than you will in a lifetime."

The congrats are all on your side - it must be very rewarding to sell no-bake cookies and Joe Corbi pizzas door to door. But my check to the stadium committee was more than your mortgage for three months. Actually, based on averages and the market rankings, more like 5-6 months. Private donations make up a big part of the fund, so since you're there 2-3x per week during season, you're welcome.

"If you want to continue the personal assaults with every post I make we can go there donkey dick."

They're not personal assaults. They're motivation for you to work on your emotional intelligence and communications/comprehension skills.

"Maybe you and Bauer can go rob the liquor store in your Riddell coaching shorts and original cut off mesh Alco jersey. BloW the whistle while the play is still happening. HAHAHA. Good one."

For the second time, I'm not a coach. And the staffs for both schools back in the day wore the Bike coaching shorts... Riddell made the helmets. You would've known that if you'd actually played.

Rob a liquor store? I don't see the motive there, sorry.

PS - Turns out Danny King is FH's QB, btw :D

It gets so tiresome repeating things to you 3 and 4 times.

1. You are a hypocrite because there have been blue balls on here trying to state FH alumni local refs continually cheat for FH at home games and call them out by name. I see you have nothing to ever say to them. When I mention an Alco grad may have cheated you rant and call me out. Thst is the pure definition of a HYPOCRITE. Get it this time? Even worse you go on to claim what a great man Bauer is - of which he is not even close.

2. It's a damn shame you would rag on parents and volunteers who give their time to help kids locally at youth level sports. It doesn't matter if they baked those cookies or sold them or dragged their son/daughter from door to door to sell pizzas or whatever. Boasting about how much money you may have donated by taking 30 seconds to write a check doesn't make you bigger than the mom who doesn't have it. Seriously, what a first class piece of dung you sound like. If I were one of those people working the pee wee bake sale I would spit in your face. But thanks for the donation.

3. Riddell did and still does make shorts along with helmets, shoes, etc. Next time your in Roses Dept Store in the women's section try looking in the men's shopping area.

I played football and would have run circles around your self glorified light weight ass. Your ODC 8th grade lightweight league trophy ain't squat to me.

NEXT?

Last edited:
1. You are a hypocrite because there have been blue balls on here trying to state FH alumni local refs continually cheat for FH at home games and call them out by name. Not relevant. I've never once criticized a FH grad for their refereeing work, so you're right when you say: "I see you have nothing to ever say to them" because I've never said anything to them. Or about them.

When I mention an Alco grad may have cheated you rant and call me out. Thst is the pure definition of a HYPOCRITE. Actually, it's not. Get it this time? No... because of the previously noted fact that I've never called out a FH grad (or grad of any school) for their refereeing work. Even worse you go on to claim what a great man Bauer is - of which he is not even close. Wrong again - I didn't claim what a great man he is - just stated that he's a better man than you, which actually in retrospect is a slight, because you're a bum.

2. It's a damn shame you would rag on parents and volunteers who give their time to help kids locally at youth level sports. It doesn't matter if they baked those cookies or sold them or dragged their son/daughter from door to door to sell pizzas or whatever. I didn't rag on them, or downplay their contributions - just countered your claim that you've raised a life-changing amount of funds all by yourself. Boasting about how much money you may have donated by taking 30 seconds to write a check doesn't make you bigger than the mom who doesn't have it. Again, it wasn't a boast - it just showed that I did what I could to support both schools and all the area kids who use the stadium, including you. Seriously, what a first class piece of dung you sound like. If I were one of those people working the pee wee bake sale I would spit in your face. But thanks for the donation. Come on, you don't actually spit in peoples faces. None of my FH buddies do that... stop acting tough.

3. Riddell did and still does make shorts along with helmets, shoes, etc. Next time your in Roses Dept Store in the women's section try looking in the men's shopping area. Again, we live very different lives because I don't know what or where Roses even is. Sounds right up your alley, though. Especially the Riddell shoes part.

I played football and would have run circles around your self glorified light weight ass. Your ODC 8th grade lightweight league trophy ain't squat to me. I have no doubt that my college coaches would agree with your assessment of how great you were there, sport :cool:

NEXT?

Reactions: OneRing
I hope I was not the one that started this officiating debate that took over the good things Mountain Ridge had accomplished. Then I realized that is what this forum does. So I felt obliged to start another thread.

My officiating questions about the inadvertent whistle play being discussed on this thread were based on my mathematical/rules organization of football nerd qualities and curiosity. I just was looking for an explanation on the rules and an explanation as to what was actually called.

My fact gathering concludes that the IW rules were followed but they messed up the respotting of the ball for whatever reason. What I'm still not 100% sure about has nothing to do with the IW rules, but more about what constitutes an IW.

If a player is running down the sideline for a touchdown and the official blows the whistle saying he stepped out at the 10 yard line, even though the player did not...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Spot the ball at the 10.

If a QB is getting sacked and fumbles and the official blows the whistle saying his arm was going forward...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Incomplete pass.

If a player fumbles the ball (as we saw last night) and the official blows the whistle saying forward progress was stopped or the runner's knee was down or the fumble was recovered by the offense...that is not an IW. Don't go back and replay the down. Spot the ball there.

The definition to me of an IW using common sense is when an official blows the whistle for no apparent reason as the play is still live. Yea, then the offense should get to go back and replay the down...and the official basically admits he screwed up and for some unexplainable reason he blew wind into the whistle.

So to rephrase in a nutshell, why did the official blow the whistle?
1) he thought forward progress had stopped, play over
2) he thought the runner was down, play over
3) he thought the fumble was recovered by someone, play over
4) he thought someone called time out, which case someone is charged a time out
5) he has no clue why he blew the whistle

The first four are not an inadvertent whistle.

You forgot reason #6, Todd...

6) The ref who blew the whistle hates FH so much that he attempted to cheat them out of the game in front of everyone watching, and was confident that no one would notice his intent.

My guess, and I didn't see it, but based on what logical people have said here, is that Danny either thought forward progress was stopped, the runner was down, or he just flat out screwed up and thought the play was over from his viewpoint. Actually, it sounds like he screwed up either way you look at it. But intentionally? Idk, I guess anything is possible.

Can’t we all just get along and admit that Trump is the greatest president and Appel is the greatest coach.
Sorry I couldn’t help myself.

Reactions: camper21502
You can't even copy and paste correctly. Read #1 again. I can't keep repeating it so you can comprehend what it says. Where did I say you called out an official?

Correct, the definition of HYPOCRITE is not you ranting. It's you having zero to say when a FH official is accused of cheating.

You actually did rag on parents who volunteer their time such as myself. Or were you being obtuse? Yea, it is rewarding to sell no-bake cookies and Joe Corbi pizzas. Dont poke at those people as if they are not worthy of your great contribution.

I dont give a damn what you pretend to have doNE in college. I coached for 5 years at a top level private school and got paid for it.

You think you can get soup here? Please, you are wasting everyone's time. NEXT!

Correct, the definition of HYPOCRITE is not you ranting. It's you having zero to say when a FH official is accused of cheating.

Actually, the definition of hypocrite would be you claiming an Allegany grad made the call while never making that same claim about FH grads.

Also the definition of hypocrite would be you saying Coney attacked people who donate time or money to football, all while you continue to attack Coney, who donates time and money to football. What type of joke are you to complain about a man who has obviously donated more than you have.

The definition of hypocrite is also you never saying anything to the same FH posters who every week claim that the refs are out to get the sentinels, despite that repeatedly being proven false.

Did they not tell everyone in south end that you werent supposed to swim in the water plant? That raw sewage has worked it's way to your head and you now have shit for brains, dont you.

Dont worry, no one on here expects you to be able to understand any of this, we just expect you to live up to the CryinH1974 moniker you've earned time and time again.

Actually, the definition of hypocrite would be you claiming an Allegany grad made the call while never making that same claim about FH grads.

Also the definition of hypocrite would be you saying Coney attacked people who donate time or money to football, all while you continue to attack Coney, who donates time and money to football. What type of joke are you to complain about a man who has obviously donated more than you have.

The definition of hypocrite is also you never saying anything to the same FH posters who every week claim that the refs are out to get the sentinels, despite that repeatedly being proven false.

Did they not tell everyone in south end that you werent supposed to swim in the water plant? That raw sewage has worked it's way to your head and you now have shit for brains, dont you.

Dont worry, no one on here expects you to be able to understand any of this, we just expect you to live up to the CryinH1974 moniker you've earned time and time again.
In case you haven't noticed, few here respond to you because it is a waste of time. Go back to class PinkyRing.

You forgot reason #6, Todd...

6) The ref who blew the whistle hates FH so much that he attempted to cheat them out of the game in front of everyone watching, and was confident that no one would notice his intent.

My guess, and I didn't see it, but based on what logical people have said here, is that Danny either thought forward progress was stopped, the runner was down, or he just flat out screwed up and thought the play was over from his viewpoint. Actually, it sounds like he screwed up either way you look at it. But intentionally? Idk, I guess anything is possible.

If a ref really wanted to cheat, he would do it with a holding call.

But I do think it is fair and reasonable to ask for an explanation from either the official in question or the head official as to why he blew the whistle without inferring cheating. Because again, the answer is important to how the officials in that game enforced the rules as I described in the previous post. An inadvertent whistle is rare. My gut tells me the referee in question had a reason for blowing it based on something he saw, which leaves me still wondering why it was ruled an inadvertent whistle. I don't believe he blew it for no reason at all, but I could be wrong.

I mean it is just a JV game. It did come however at a very crucial 4th down moment late in a tie game and had a definitive bearing on the game. Even if the Mtn Ridge player didn't fumble he was stopped well behind the line of scrimmage. So then the officials turn around and say sorry, no touchdown for FH and MR gets to run 4th down all over again. I thought it warranted an explanation at minimum to the FH head JV coach, which he never got other than an inadvertent whistle was blown.

But for those who were not in attendance, FH had a chance to tie or take the lead with a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line with like 1:20 left and 2 time outs. They could not punch it in because the MR defense rose to the occasion. So in no way can anyone infer this call was what decided the game, and I don't see anyone doing that which is cool.

This is a pretty interesting rules discussion though.

Last edited:
The only thing missing in this thread is Lag telling us we are just just red-clad jacket circle jerking. LOL. Hope he is alright.

And FYI, Rose's Department Store is a larger size Dollar type store that also sells clothing and is located in the former Gee Bee's building which later became Value City I believe. I buy my name brand motor oil in there dirt cheap. But the clientele there makes Walmart look like high society. Apparently BrianH still buys his shorts there.

686efabb67c3f4985116fb5c7436dbb4--vintage-prints-back-to-school.jpg

Last edited:
When a JV football discussion turns into a JV display of intellect. #bushleaguers
This is like watching George Michael fans slap box at the Dream Machine after bragging about how many tickets they won playing ski ball.

Reactions: TDHelmick
The only thing missing in this thread is Lag telling us we are just just red-clad jacket circle jerking. LOL. Hope he is alright.

And FYI, Rose's Department Store is a larger size Dollar type store that also sells clothing and is located in the former Gee Bee's building which later became Value City I believe. I buy my name brand motor oil in there dirt cheap. But the clientele there makes Walmart look like high society. Apparently BrianH still buys his shorts there.

686efabb67c3f4985116fb5c7436dbb4--vintage-prints-back-to-school.jpg

Free layaway!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT