ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, How Good Is The Keyser/Allegany Game Going To Be?

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
Haven't checked to see the date or where others to include Fort Hill are playing that night, but it's going to be hard to not make the trip to Keyser to see this one. I think it's going to be another epic battle. Or maybe it won't, who knows? Has all the makings of a good one though.

Depending on which Allegany team shows up it could be a great football game. Allegany needs to work on tackling and securing the perimeter. If they improve there its any bodies game. If not it will be a long nite for my beloved Campers. But that game is weeks away. Let's focus on Mt. Ridge. 1 game at a time

Keyser pass defenders where never within 5 yards of the FH receivers they were supposed to guard. Keyser is big and strong but not particularly fast. If Alco plays as hard as they did against FH at homecoming they certainly stand a chance.

It should be a great game.

Keyser's QB is the real-deal, and #31 is a hard-nosed player. Offensive line is big and strong.

This game will say a lot about both teams at that point in the season.

It should be a great game.

Keyser's QB is the real-deal, and #31 is a hard-nosed player. Offensive line is big and strong.

This game will say a lot about both teams at that point in the season.

He does hand the ball nicely off to Rodeheaver.

Hey, if you're saying he's not an exceptional athlete, Lags, to each his own.

Brady Ours makes things happen. Good size, about 4.4 - 4.5 speed, and tremendous agility. Allegany can't afford to take him for granted.

Hey, if you're saying he's not an exceptional athlete, Lags, to each his own.

Brady Ours makes things happen. Good size, about 4.4 - 4.5 speed, and tremendous agility. Allegany can't afford to take him for granted.

When referring to a quarterback as the "real-deal" shouldn't that include exceptional ability in all the disciplines of the position. Maybe he does throw darts to his receivers. Didn't see it because Keyser does beautifully running Rodeheaver. Yes, he is an athlete who can also run. But having watched the Max Preps vids I didn't see a "real-deal" arm by any means. Sorry. Keyser is a stout team and Brady is integral to that offense. Hey! they just ended FH's win streak.

It's okay to agree to disagree, Lags.

He's a sophomore, and he has all the tools for the "real deal." Once again, if Allegany takes his agility and deception for granted, well, shame on them.

Ours is a real deal option QB. Hes not a pocket passer, but running that motion option offense, he was very good.

It's okay to agree to disagree, Lags.

He's a sophomore, and he has all the tools for the "real deal." Once again, if Allegany takes his agility and deception for granted, well, shame on them.

Allegany will not take anything for granted, but that doesn't mean there is anything they can do about either.

Finally someone expressing common sense, and learning ability

Well, you know, everything isn't always apparent up front as we saw from the host of FH faithful expecting a blowout of Keyser. I would find it difficult to actually predict an Alco victory over Keyser because the Camper team is inconsistent and Corn is... well, he's Corn.

Even still, I would not predict a Keyser blowout of Alco. After all, a very young Camper team last year was leading Keyser going into the 4th quarter. Perhaps you can bolster your perspective by thinking that since Keyser dropped 48 on FH that they should be able to drop 60 on Allegany.

We shall see. Allegany returns virtually all of last year's starters and they are now seniors. They also add talent from an outstanding JV team - Rhodes for example. They rotate a lot of running backs and they are all very good. Allegany has a stout front line. Imes is beginning to lay claim to being the best quarterback in the area - and it might not be close. My best guess is that most of the games they lose will be because they beat themselves. And yes, one of them might be Keyser.

I'd like to go to the game but not sure if I can tolerate leaving the Keyser parking lot 2 years in a row. What a horrible set up they have there.

Reactions: FHHS#1
I'd like to go to the game but not sure if I can tolerate leaving the Keyser parking lot 2 years in a row. What a horrible set up they have there.

I hear if you have MD plates you might find your car up on blocks with the tires missing.

Reactions: towpath94
That was Martinsburg Lags, it was so awlful back in the day.

Just having some fun. I miss the happy FH posters bringing smack on other teams, calling their schedule all cupcakes and how they need to dump half of them and play a tougher schedule. Not everybody, for sure. But we know who they are.

After watching Keyser handle Fort Hill, I think they can do the same to Allegany. Until Allegany proves otherwise, people will doubt them (as they have given proof to do so in recent years). I would say something to tune of 56-28. Allegany doesn't have a Brayden Brown (Best player in area IMO) to keep in the game for a while.

Allegany can beat them. Keyser deserves the props absolutely. FH handled themselves as much or more the loss. Not typical FH football and room for improvement. Likewise Allegany can beat themselves as FH did.

After watching Keyser handle Fort Hill, I think they can do the same to Allegany. Until Allegany proves otherwise, people will doubt them (as they have given proof to do so in recent years). I would say something to tune of 56-28. Allegany doesn't have a Brayden Brown (Best player in area IMO) to keep in the game for a while.

To each his own. If last year's Alco team can hold FH, with Johnson, to 28 pts and hold last year's Keyser team, with a big line and Rodeheaver, to 20 pts, I can't see any way in hell they will give up 56 pts to this year's Keyser team.

Allegany can beat them. Keyser deserves the props absolutely. FH handled themselves as much or more the loss. Not typical FH football and room for improvement. Likewise Allegany can beat themselves as FH did.

This FH team is like a child who turns up after wondering off in the woods - you want to holler at him first for his mistakes but then you end up hugging him for his outstanding effort in surviving.

A good way to put it Lag. They want their own identity and I think they will find it. I don't question anything the coaching staff does or will do. They will prepare this team for the long haul.

To each his own. If last year's Alco team can hold FH, with Johnson, to 28 pts and hold last year's Keyser team, with a big line and Rodeheaver, to 20 pts, I can't see any way in hell they will give up 56 pts to this year's Keyser team.
Lagmeister: You had better stop referring everything you say about Alco-Ft. Hill and Keyser from last year because trust me 2015 has nothing to do with last year. Last year Fort Hill dominated the area with their fine team and that is plain fact. Allegany will have to play a super game THIS YEAR to get by Keyser and they certainly may do that but it will not be a cake walk for either team. I will just say this: Keyser has a much, much improved team over last year but that was last year and we all will have to wait and see how this all turns out but not look back because these teams are totally different.

Reactions: FHHS#1
Keyser still has no pass defense. Run defense is monster. Pass rush is non existent and coverage is a very soft zone that Fh was able to exploit. Even before Graves came in to march a passing series right down the field to a TD, Squires had time to stay in the pocket, he just wasn't hitting his target (the deep man every time). If Squires had that game to do all over again, he may have thought about hitting the drag that was available underneath as a dump off.

My point though, is that Keyser may have trouble with a solid pass option. Which is why I think that the Alco game should be a concern for them. If Alco watches FH game tape and sees the soft zone, the underneath routes, the less than effective pass rush - they will have a grand opportunity to make some plans.

Lagmeister: You had better stop referring everything you say about Alco-Ft. Hill and Keyser from last year because trust me 2015 has nothing to do with last year. Last year Fort Hill dominated the area with their fine team and that is plain fact. Allegany will have to play a super game THIS YEAR to get by Keyser and they certainly may do that but it will not be a cake walk for either team. I will just say this: Keyser has a much, much improved team over last year but that was last year and we all will have to wait and see how this all turns out but not look back because these teams are totally different.

Anyone who has followed my posts over the years should be glaringly aware that nobody has been able tell me to stop doing something. Fortunately, I have kept it between the fence posts.

As far as comparing last year's effort in order to project this year's outcome, I suggest you flash off a warning email to Max Preps and every media commentator all the way up to the NFL.

And, having watched the second half of the game again I can tell you that Keyser should be more concerned at having dropped 41 points to FH. Sure, Brown is fast but in his runs outside late in the game nobody was even there to slow him down. Pass defense? What pass defense as FH tossed a dying quail for 20 yds - or Brown showing he needed no speed at all to stand alone in the endzone and catch an equal floating saucer toss for a touchdown. Hey! it's high school - and if you watched the NFL Sunday you saw equally countless crimes against the game. Methinks Keyser fans should sacrifice a goat to the gods of football and for once in their tattered lives be grateful.

Lag, FH's game is in the bag obviously. We knew the streak couldn't go on forever but it would have been nice to lose to someone that was better than us. Take what you can get I guess.

Lag, FH's game is in the bag obviously. We knew the streak couldn't go on forever but it would have been nice to lose to someone that was better than us. Take what you can get I guess.

Injuries, circumstance and bad luck all played a huge part. Even with some younger players losing focus FH still had a core of talented young men slugging it out to the bitter end. Fortunately, that game will not determine how FH finishes the year. It was kind of like the end of 'Rocky' where punches were thrown but all the style and form of what should be went out the window. In other words, it was ugly - exciting but ugly. Holes in the line where huge, people were wide open in the secondary - and a few at times players where standing around like they just weren't sure. I know I have never seen a FH game like that before.

You DID LOSE to someone that is better and they are called Keyser Golden Tornado. Some people just can't handle defeat and you are one of the fans that tend to cheapen Fort Hill Football when you just can't except defeat and only winning. The school deserves better from their own fans then to cry over spilled milk. Coach Apple is a very good coach and he was able to handle it so why do you whine because of a loss once in awhile. Get over it!

Hey Pap, I've been nothing but supportive of Keyser's win. My reply only comes after a few comments from the Keyser peanut gallery.

The best team doesn't always win. It's just part of life. Trust me when I say I could cheapen the win for Keyser from the things their fans said but I won't do that to the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT