ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, How Good Is The Keyser/Allegany Game Going To Be?

As could the fans on the visitor side and their comments during and after the game towards the Keyser kids.

Works both ways. It was a fantastic game. About time for both sides to move on to the next game..

Wouldn't even compare, trust me. I'm OK with the game. It is what it is. We are honored Keyser uses FH as a measuring stick though. Thanks.

Wouldn't even compare, trust me. I'm OK with the game. It is what it is. We are honored Keyser uses FH as a measuring stick though. Thanks.

Sure. And we are honored Fort Hill cannot stomach losing to us. And the things I hear those fans yell on that side are terrible. One of them even yelled something deplorable when the FH player was laying on the turf at the injured player.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. Of course Fort Hill is the measuring stick. They're the best program in the area. Keyser defeating them is always a sign of good things to come, and even when they just play even with them, it normally means a good season is on the horizon. When you end a 29 game winning streak at the 2 time champ's house, you're going to see chests puffed up and pride set in. Most FH folks I know have taken it as a compliment to the quality of program that resides on Greenway Avenue. Don't know why it has turned into a trash Keyser thing. Both teams were extremely respectful after the last two games in the series. Lots of hugs, congrats and even consolation by both groups of kids. There is mutual respect. Why are the fanbases not corresponding to it?

Last edited:
Reactions: tornado pap
We don't need to discuss that here. Everyone knows what was said. Nobody likes losing period. FH will get better because of it. That's all that matters. No matter how Keyser won, they won. FH controlled their own destiny. It's not my goal to smere Keyser fans for what a few said.

Once again. I have been nothing but respectful to Keyser for the win. But when you read some of the Keyser fans posts you shake your head and wonder what world they live in. Lol. It's all good. Take care man.

Last edited:
Ok, I am on board with that. No need to tarnish whole towns or communities for what morons in the heat of the moment may say. Fort Hill still controls their own destiny. I am one who really thinks the 1A champ in Maryland will come from Allegany County. And because of experience returning with regards to making that run, I give the edge to Fort Hill until I can see Allegany in person next week. Both teams have been very impressive, even Fort Hill in defeat. I think it's going to be a fun ride watching those two one up each other throughout the regular season then finally meet at homecoming. Area football this year is fun to watch this year.

And good deal. No harm, no foul.

Nice that everyone has worked it out. I will chime in to say that if Alco gave up 41 pts and won, what happened was they escaped with a win. Actually, I hope both Keyser and FH play like that against Allegany.

But moving on, I have been to plenty of youth soccer and baseball games where parents yelled disgusting things out onto the field. More than once the police had to be called to remove an obviously drunk, foul-mouthed parent.

What I judge is how the players and coaches behave. That is not to say that I haven't been leery to drive to Keyser for a game after my experience years ago - being older now and less tolerant of any crap - besides I would have to pay a bonus to my UBER driver... /humor off.

Ok, I am on board with that. No need to tarnish whole towns or communities for what morons in the heat of the moment may say. Fort Hill still controls their own destiny. I am one who really thinks the 1A champ in Maryland will come from Allegany County. And because of experience returning with regards to making that run, I give the edge to Fort Hill until I can see Allegany in person next week. Both teams have been very impressive, even Fort Hill in defeat. I think it's going to be a fun ride watching those two one up each other throughout the regular season then finally meet at homecoming. Area football this year is fun to watch this year.

And good deal. No harm, no foul.
Pigskin45: Thank You for your intelligent handling of the comments here. Both Fort Hill and Keyser are and should be very proud of their traditions. Best of luck to both teams and may the injuries the rest of the year be nothing more then bruises from playing very hard. GO! Sentinels!---GO! Tornado!

I'm as big a FH fan as anyone. And I've not handled some past losses very well at all. Especially against local teams.

But I was amazingly at ease with this loss. Not because I didn't think FH could win it, I still think it was very winnable...it just didn't happen that way. But because a) the streak needed to be out of the minds of these kids. It was not relevant to the goal of this team which should be winning a title. and b) I think it let the kids realize that they are capable of losing if they don't play like they want to win. The past two years have been almost "too easy" - though I know they all worked hard. But it gave a false appearance to the new guys.

I think the team has been humbled and rejuvenated in the aftermath of this loss. And some key positions have been re-examined. This was the true definition of a "good" loss imo.

If Alco plays like they did tonight Keyser will have the game wrapped up by halftime...
Hey Camper: If Keyser plays like they did tonite against Northern I think that Alco may have them wrapped up by halftime. They were challenged and were lucky to get out of Accident with a win. Very Flat!! But woke up just enough in the fourth quarter to slink out a victory. High School football is so fickle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT