ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Loyola official thread

hbpass2

All State Poster
Dec 5, 2011
This narrative has played out many times at greenway. The pass heavy offense vs the running machine. Once again give me fort Hill. Fort hills defense will be ahead of their offense for a week or two but I still don’t see any challenges lighting up the scoreboard.

FH:45
Loyola:14

This is a hard game to read. I've seen Loyola put some good teams on the field and then I've seen them put some bad teams on the field as well. Being the first game, I'm not sure which team will show up. ( Don't forget that earlier I said that this could easily be an L for Fort Hill. Youth and immaturity could cost them greatly in these early games.) Fort Hill's special teams and Defense is very good, but I'm not seeing them as a quick strike type of offense. Field position will be big in every game this year. I can see Fort Hill winning, but I don't think that they will score 45, Let's hope that Loyola isn't as strong as I'm anticipating.

Both teams will have first game jitters...FH’s coaching staff will make the difference in this one. Making the proper adjustments to make this a win.

FH 35
LB 19

Dunbar just scrimmaged Loyola and Dunbar couldve had their way. Loyola can pass and that's their only shot. The issue their oline vs FH. Loyola is gonna have a tough time with FH run game. They dont really have the athletes to threaten FH out of their 6-2. They will pass intermediate often but I don't see it being effective enough to hold off the Sentinels. 25-7 FH

Reactions: 52 to victory
Spear, that is funny but Meth is legit. You must not have followed the Balt Sun Board. You will appreciate his posts throughout the year..

Reactions: hamspear
Meth just short for my government name. I was born in the 80s...crack was the drug of choice..meth wasn't invented yet

Reactions: hamspear
The refs? There is damn lightening right over the stadium. The game should have been stopped 20 minutes before.

Kind of like how the guys from across town were down 14 to 0 before score in their first touchdown? Good to know.

Allegany was down by 1 score and just started adjusting, it would have been another great game

FH is a 5-5 team this year, if anything I saw in the first part of the game is even remotely indicative of their ability. They're small and have little to no innate ability. Some speed, but no talent.

Reactions: theprocessworks
The 2nd Dunbar score was after an Allegany interception that was totally blown n called incomplete. Dunbar already had there offense off the field when it was changed to incomplete. Had the call been made right the score was 8-6 Dunbar with the Allegany extra point to come

Yeah from what I’m hearing, the sentinels aren’t playing very well at all. Lots of mental errors How young is this team?
Fort Hill did not play well. Mental errors and turnovers killed them. I believe 3 fumbles and a personal foul on a Loyola fumble that allowed them to keep the ball. From my armchair view #32 is not a fullback and #44 should take over. #22 and #26 could get the edge whenever they wanted. #19 was 0-2 with an over throw and a drop. The defense appeared to be very good and kicking and punting were great but the offense definitely needs work.
All in all, nothing that can’t be fixed.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Fort Hill did not play well. Mental errors and turnovers killed them. I believe 3 fumbles and a personal foul on a Loyola fumble that allowed them to keep the ball. From my armchair view #32 is not a fullback and #44 should take over. #22 and #26 could get the edge whenever they wanted. #19 was 0-2 with an over throw and a drop. The defense appeared to be very good and kicking and punting were great but the offense definitely needs work.
#19 did complete one pass to the flat, but came up short of a first. He definitely looked "stiff" out there. He needs to learn to quickly check short if it's there, before going for the bomb. Oh, and they should've never gone for it on 4th down at their own 45. I give Appel some credit, though. At least he didn't drop back into the typical pound-it-up the middle mentality.

I am pretty confident they would’ve figured out a way to win, but dang... against a team that won 2 games last year? Yikes!

FH needed to play a full game. It doesn't get any easier next week.

Bottom line...where's the trap block? The line needs work. They have to figure that out right quick and in a hurry.

The line looked like they were still in their stance after the ball was snapped on several ocassions. They were getting dominated tackle to tackle. The wing-t can be effective but you have to move people, not get stood up. An early QB-Center exchange fumble, lack of passing plays to empty the box and the same old poor decisions by the punt returners as last year. There needs to be different guys back there even if they are slower. There were so many close calls last year and botches and we already saw it again tonight.

What an anti-climatic night. This could have ended up being a great game but FH probably dodged a bullet with the weather, depending on how the year plays out with a 9 game schedule. It could be interesting, FH may be fighting for the 4th seed.

Reactions: wing_left
We've seen this in the past, players who either shouldn't be starting on being put in a position they don't belong in. Most recently at qb was the year a 2nd half qb replacement against keyser was too little too late but changed the entire season. You are 100% right about the fullback position. Will adjustments be made or stubbornness prevail?

The line looked like they were still in their stance after the ball was snapped on several ocassions. They were getting dominated tackle to tackle. The wing-t can be effective but you have to move people, not get stood up. An early QB-Center exchange fumble, lack of passing plays to empty the box and the same old poor decisions by the punt returners as last year. There needs to be different guys back there even if they are slower. There were so many close calls last year and botches and we already saw it again tonight.

What an anti-climatic night. This could have ended up being a great game but FH probably dodged a bullet with the weather, depending on how the year plays out with a 9 game schedule. It could be interesting, FH may be fighting for the 4th seed.
How many times has fh had returners who can't return continue to get chance after chance...too many! I'm with you, if you can't catch a kick or hold onto the ball, you probably shouldn't be in that position.

Reactions: camper21502
FH is a 5-5 team this year, if anything I saw in the first part of the game is even remotely indicative of their ability. They're small and have little to no innate ability. Some speed, but no talent.

They will recover. I don't recall Appel having two bad games in a row. Or, many bad games period.

Well, the FH game is about to come up on the new HD vid.... however long it was.

I think FH will be in a few close games this year they may be L’s or W’s, I do agree with a few post that if this game had continued as much as I hate to say it FH probably gets that season opening L .

Reactions: camper21502
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT