ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill Basketball

Tony54

All State Poster
Nov 17, 2018
Where can i find a accurate Fort hill schedule? Max preps is missing games. Does any one think Fort Hill has a chance to win states? Max preps has them ranked number 2

Reactions: ravemwp
Where can i find a accurate Fort hill schedule? Max preps is missing games. Does any one think Fort Hill has a chance to win states? Max preps has them ranked number 2
You can get a schedule at the school. About the states, its possible. Their strengths, very aggressive, and athletic defensively. They create lots of turnovers that turn into offensive points. Weaknesses, lack of size, and other than Mikey they don't shoot foul shots very well. Free throw shooting is correctable, size isn't. They are pretty deep with athletes, and are very interchangeable, but they need three things to happen in order to win the rings. Seifarth must stay out of foul trouble, Burns needs to keep adjusting to his new role as the third option with his continued steady play both on offense, and defense. Mikey may have to become a little more selfish. He works really hard to keep his teammates engaged and involved (which is very admirable), yet there are certain times in games when he has to realize that he is the best player on the floor, and just take the game over. Its a work in progress. They are still learning to play together. They all need to buy into a common goal. Free throws are just that. Free points. Work on them. Yes i believe its possible. Question is. Do they.

Last edited:
it would probably help more people follow the basketball program if they had a accurate schedule on max preps or other sites.

it would probably help more people follow the basketball program if they had a accurate schedule on max preps or other sites.
Hear, hear. I understand that basketball isnt king at FH, but the complete lack of any real updates or easy to find schedule information certainly doesnt help the general public keep track of it. We've been spoiled by having such a good, privately run football site - I get it, but damn - finding accurate info on basketball is a treasure hunt.

Hear, hear. I understand that basketball isnt king at FH, but the complete lack of any real updates or easy to find schedule information certainly doesnt help the general public keep track of it. We've been spoiled by having such a good, privately run football site - I get it, but damn - finding accurate info on basketball is a treasure hunt.
They do have a new Facebook page that they keep updated. Fort Hill Boys Basketball. Hope that helps. I don't think Fort Hill anticipated the the interest, and curiosity that has been generated by this group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
The school gives out pocket schedules at the actual games right where you pay to get into the gym. But I also find that many people don't attend actual games these days. Most clamor for someone to stream the game if NFHS isn't. Last scenario is hoping for a radio broadcast. I get it, but the lack of gate money hurts and makes it hard for the school to do things like pay employees to post schedules online and such. Double edged sword kind of thing. If you live in the area, suck it up and pay the admission and go to the game from time to time. It helps the kids with finances.

Or step up like I did for football and build a simple web page that lists dates, times and scores. Most people on here could post the schedule directly. I will start it off here. Pretty simple, took 5 minutes (see schedule post).

But I do agree, getting score updates can be difficult other than waiting for the Times-News to cover it 35 hours later. Even Score Stream isn't up to date. MaxPreps basketball schedules are incomplete for most every team. Waste of time even looking there.

Last edited:
I would definitely get to the games if I didn’t live in Virginia but I have caught some games on NFHS.

Coach T3. Eirich has always been a very good b-ball coach - probably the best in the area in recent years. Having Coach T1. Eirich sitting beside him on the bench will only make an already accomplished coach that much better.

Fire Marshall showed up. Turned away people at the door. This game was definitely a sell out. They put it on TV in the cafeteria via NFHS for those who couldn't get in.

But the Alco gym is on the small side with seating capacity. Yes a good atmosphere tonight for high school hoops.

Alco wins by 13. Should not have even been that close. FH must have committed 30 turnovers. Reckless, sloppy bball.

No answer for Fields. He was better than everyone on the court.
People on here need to have a reality check. This FH team isn’t great. They are athletic but Teddy outcoached Thad… and Allegany played way harder than FH. FH seems more concerned about wearing headbands and hoods then competing. I hope they regroup and make the corrections.

Alco wins by 13. Should not have even been that close. FH must have committed 30 turnovers. Reckless, sloppy bball.

No answer for Fields. He was better than everyone on the court.
FH made no adjustments. Mikey should have been switched to Fields. I think once he got his second foul early, the coach may have thought better of it. Along with the other things he does, he also is a lock down defender. He pretty much made Imes a non factor all night. Great game plan by Alco taking advantage of Fields skills. Still think it stays a little closer if Seifarth doesn't get in foul trouble, then gets hurt.

Reactions: TDHelmick
FH made no adjustments. Mikey should have been switched to Fields. I think once he got his second foul early, the coach may have thought better of it. Along with the other things he does, he also is a lock down defender. He pretty much made Imes a non factor all night. Great game plan by Alco taking advantage of Fields skills. Still think it stays a little closer if Seifarth doesn't get in foul trouble, then gets hurt.
For some reason the last 3 games (not counting a winless Preston team) FH has gone cold shooting the ball and it's one-and-done on the boards. Tonight was about that and turnover central. No one to stop Fields. I think he had a 2nd qtr run where he scored 8+ points in a row to help Alco take control on the scoreboard. He took over.

The first 5 games Allen looked flawless behind the arc. Now he is struggling there for some reason. He still drives well and makes free throws. The three ball has all of the sudden disappeared since the Boonsboro game.

Still as a FH grad its good to see FH not be a sub .500 program yet again. Never know the next time these two meet.

For some reason the last 3 games (not counting a winless Preston team) FH has gone cold shooting the ball and it's one-and-done on the boards. Tonight was about that and turnover central. No one to stop Fields. I think he had a 2nd qtr run where he scored 8+ points in a row to help Alco take control on the scoreboard. He took over.

The first 5 games Allen looked flawless behind the arc. Now he is struggling there for some reason. He still drives well and makes free throws. The three ball has all of the sudden disappeared since the Boonsboro game.

Still as a FH grad its good to see FH not be a sub .500 program yet again. Never know the next time these two meet.
Alco is very good, well coached, they play hard, and are fundamentally sound. Tonight they hit 31 of 36 free throws. Exceptional for a high school team. Allegany played very well tonight, Fort Hill didn't. Plain and simple. I feel the same about Mikeys shooting slump. Shooters sometimes have to shoot themselves out of a slump. Mikey seems reluctant to shoot open 3s, choosing instead to drive to the basket.
Does anyone know the JV score?
Can't remember the score, but FH won by about 30.

Last edited:
Allegany wins even if the Seifarth kid is in there. As far as Allen covering fields, I don’t think that would have mattered at all. Fields was the best player on the floor last night

Alco shot 36 free throws.
Not sure when I have heard that before at the high school level.
I didn't see the box score, the radio broadcast recap I heard on the way home said Fields was 13-14, and the rest of team was 18-22 equalling a 31-36 night.(outstanding performance for a high school team) Not sure about new math, but I used my old BW figuring. Lol 😆 🤣 I didn't think they shot that many, but they did spend a lot of time at the free throw line. I think this whistle happy crew called roughly 45 combined fouls in a 32 minute game. Maybe the radio meant they shot 18-22 total, but I could have sworn they also said 31-36. Oh well.

Last edited:
Allegany wins even if the Seifarth kid is in there. As far as Allen covering fields, I don’t think that would have mattered at all. Fields was the best player on the floor last night
Absolutely, Fields was the best player on the court last night. Alco coaching staff(very smartly) took advantage of the mismatch, and ran their offense through him. Fort Hill had no answer, and refused to make an adjustment. As for Seifarth, Fort Hill needs him on the court. They are a very different team without him. He is the only player over 6 foot. Mikey may be their best player, but Seifarth is their most important. He may not have changed the final outcome, but FH is a much better team with him on the floor. By the way, hats off to the Powell kid. He made Allen work very hard for everything he got, even frustrating him at times. Very unsung defensive performance from that young man.

Last edited:
Teddy will resign again when he sees nothing coming up as he did before.

No way Teddy doesn't think he can't outcoach Thad and decides to quit. He'll take a jv squad that loses to fh in a blowout and coach them up and they'll be one of the best in the area, and as usual beat fh 2 or probably 3 times the next couple years. I know people will wonder what happened to that FH team blew out the Alco jv squad but don't wonder about it. FH is who they show you they are with the exception of once a decade a kid comes along and they actually look like a pretty good squad...and then it will go right back to an average or below squad.

How Mountain Ridge lost at home to Washington (3-15) is beyond me. Not sure what direction the Miners want to go or if they even know. It's either poor coaching or other schools not taking them seriously at times.

Crazy…. earlier this year Ridge beat them by a lot. I think FH play’s Washington next game. Washington only lost to Mussleman by 4 last week. Looks like Mussleman and Martinsburg are about average this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT