ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill ranked #2

Tony54

All State Poster
Nov 17, 2018
MaxPreps has Fort Hill ranked 2nd just behind Quince Orchard for all public schools. A lot of respect for a 1a school. . Mountain Ridge is ranked number six..

Where is Wise? I think FH would have a tough time against Wise. There isn’t a 1A, 2A or 3A that can beat FH

Reactions: Dwj21
MaxPreps has Fort Hill ranked 2nd just behind Quince Orchard for all public schools. A lot of respect for a 1a school. . Mountain Ridge is ranked number six..
I think it’s great FH is moving up the ranks on MaxPreps but it has nothing to do with “respect.” This ranking is computer driven and MaxPreps cannot claim accuracy. On the Fort Hill MaxPreps page it corrected the schedule by removing the Catoctin scrimmage as a game victory; however, it is still showing FH to be currently be 7-0 in the rankings list as if FH defeated Catoctin in an actual game this year. I looked at some other schools and it is still recording scrimmages as actual games and factoring them into the rankings.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Maxipads is a necessary evil.
Rarely correct but sometimes the only schedule, stats and roster for many teams. The fact that site cannot distinguish between scrimmages and games is normal. The scores and stats are updated by players, parents and fans most of the time.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I think it’s great FH is moving up the ranks on MaxPreps but it has nothing to do with “respect.” This ranking is computer driven and MaxPreps cannot claim accuracy. On the Fort Hill MaxPreps page it corrected the schedule by removing the Catoctin scrimmage as a game victory; however, it is still showing FH to be currently be 7-0 in the rankings list as if FH defeated Catoctin in an actual game this year. I looked at some other schools and it is still recording scrimmages as actual games and factoring them into the rankings.
All of the online rankings are computer driven. Massy, Calpreps ext. That’s the only way you can keep track of 40,000 football teams and make predictions. One could argue that it’s more accurate than a state prediction from sports writers or coaches that have a bias toward one area over the other. It’s all for fun until you play the game.

Last edited:
Where is Wise? I think FH would have a tough time against Wise. There isn’t a 1A, 2A or 3A that can beat FH
Wise is ranked very low. That’s a curious one because they lost to Maury. Maury is a powerhouse in Va.
on the same level as Martinsburg. That would be a fantastic game.

Last edited:
I saw Wise isn’t ranked. They lost their first game to Maury who is ranked #86 in the country. I don’t think Martinsburg has a national ranking. It will be interesting to see how the 4A playoffs play out looks like a couple good teams

Wise is ranked very low. That’s a curious one because they lost to Maury. Maury is a powerhouse in Va.
on the same level as Martinsburg. That would be a fantastic game.
Isn't Briar Woods also a powerhouse in VA tho?

Briar Woods is 36 in VA number 8 in 5A
Maury is 2 in VA number 1 in 5A
huge gap between the 2

Isn't Briar Woods also a powerhouse in VA tho?
No. Maury is a school that is nationally ranked and is ranked #2 overall in Virginia and favored to win the 5a division. Briarwoods is a very good football program that is on the rise. They are ranked seventh or eighth and the 5a division. And thirty something in Va.

I still believe Briarwoods is very good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they only lose that game to Fort Hill during the regular season. I expect them to do very good in the playoffs also. The fact that Fort Hill dominated them really surprised me. I LOVE IT!

I still believe Briarwoods is very good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they only lose that game to Fort Hill during the regular season. I expect them to do very good in the playoffs also. The fact that Fort Hill dominated them really surprised me. I LOVE IT!
We really wont know about BW until their match up with Stone Bridge in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Tony54
We really wont know about BW until their match up with Stone Bridge in a couple of weeks.
Stonebridge has been the one to beat in that area for a few years now. I’ve watched them beat Maury in the state championship game a few years ago.

Stonebridge has been the one to beat in that area for a few years now. I’ve watched them beat Maury in the state championship game a few years ago.
SB started off with a brutal schedule leading to their 4 losses but look who they lost to:
#1 in WV Martinsburg
#1 public in MD QO
#1 overall in MD OLGC
#1 in NoVa Madison

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT