ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill 2017 Schedule

Big Savage, there is no stopping the Fort Hill Hype Machine. You can't stop us, you can only hope to contain us.

Give us a half hour or so, and we can probably come up with something to show that Friendship Collegiate would be favored against every NCAA team and the Cleveland Browns. It's what we do.

Man you really have me on your brain.. Um yeah, I think you attributed "Fort Hill Hype Machine" to the wrong person lol :(:rolleyes:

Since 2012 Friendship is 35-22, oh sooo tough Central is 10-40.

Yeah, I don't know any world where Central would be considered tough. They've never qualified for the playoffs. I will say they did get an extremely favorable schedule with the new cycle playing all of the bottom dwellers in the county. So I wouldn't be stunned if they got 5 or 6 wins on the basis of that weak schedule alone. So you could get a solid amount of bonus points but the actual game if it occurred probably wouldn't be anywhere near competitive.

CalPreps has Friendship Collegiate beating Gwynn Park 31-14. Beating Douglass PG 35-13.

Has them beating FH by 1 point. CalPreps is eerily pretty accurate.

These are based in 2016 scores.

Let me stop the "FH Hype Machine" in its tracks. Friendship isn't the same team it was in 2012 when they were a national power. Not even close. Friendship was good because they were getting a lot of the good DC city players instead of losing them to the suburbs or private schools. The DC youth league is very good, they send a couple of teams to Florida every year for that championship tournament, but the high schools are bad because the kids don't enroll in DC schools. The head coach that was coaching in that video left a few years ago and was an assistant at the Univ. of Alabama and now he's an assistant at the Univ. of Maryland. The other thing that happened was the other DC public schools complained about recruiting and Friendship has more difficulty getting players in now. They were good last year but they lost about 18 starters. Like I said, they do bring in kids but I doubt if they can produce a highly competitive team this fall. If FH signed a two year contract the 2018 game might be interesting.

In terms of the Fairmont Heights game, they don't have a good football program. This is what happens when you schedule teams that aren't serious about football. The same issues the AD is having probably filters down, although the Head Coach seems to know what he's doing and is trying to change the culture there. Isn't this the same problem you had with Capitol Christian? Lack of communication and confusion about game dates. You're not going to have this problem with real football schools like Douglass, Gwynn Park, etc. Also, Central usually has a pretty good team. They should be a tough opponent if that game is made.

Overall this is a good schedule. Fort Hill will probably still be favored in every game but there are a lot of interesting matchups.

Let me reiterate I'm not a FH fan lmao. Ain't no hype coming from me. FCA is still a very good team coming off a good season in which they hung with a national NJ power. Regardless of what they lose, it's way easier for a program of that caliber to rebuild, than it is for FH to replace what they lost. If you actually understand the X's and O's of football, you would not favor FH going into the MCC or FCA games. This is a Tough ass game for FH, and no "cupcake" of a pick up, plain and simple. On another note FH would whip the dog s@it out of Central all over the field. The only PG schools in the lower classification worth playing if available is Doug-PG which we may c later and Gwynn Park

Let me reiterate I'm not a FH fan lmao. Ain't no hype coming from me. FCA is still a very good team coming off a good season in which they hung with a national NJ power. Regardless of what they lose, it's way easier for a program of that caliber to rebuild, than it is for FH to replace what they lost. If you actually understand the X's and O's of football, you would not favor FH going into the MCC or FCA games. This is a Tough ass game for FH, and no "cupcake" of a pick up, plain and simple. On another note FH would whip the dog s@it out of Central all over the field. The only PG schools in the lower classification worth playing if available is Doug-PG which we may c later and Gwynn Park

I have to agree FCA is no push over.. They're coming off a good year where they hung with the 314th ranked team and 45 ranked team nationally and ultimately finishing the season at the 415th ranking. 200 spots ahead of FH. They may be losing alot but so too is FH.. They have access to tons of athletes and they have a solid history of winning and sending multiple kids to D1.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
I have to agree FCA is no push over.. They're coming off a good year where they hung with the 314th ranked team and 45 ranked team nationally and ultimately finishing the season at the 415th ranking. 200 spots ahead of FH. They may be losing alot but so too is FH.. They have access to tons of athletes and they have a solid history of winning and sending multiple kids to D1.

Couldn't agree more

Since 2012 Friendship is 35-22, oh sooo tough Central is 10-40.

Lol, I messed that one up royally. For some reason was thinking about Potomac. Yeah, Central isn't very good. No wonder they're being considered, lol

I don't comment much about Baltimore schools because I don't follow those schools. You said FCA has access to tons of athletes? Where are they getting these athletes?

Talking X's and O's MCC doesn't seem particularly strong against the run. To me that spells trouble against FH at Greenway. Could MCC come with phenomenal athletes and lay it on FH? Yes, that's also possible. That's why I said it is a good schedule filled with interesting match-ups. The same with FCA. They have to replace 18 starters. You're not going against the 2016 or 2012 FCA squad. It's senseless to say what they did last season. There's no way a DC charter can fill that many positions in one year. Maybe someone on this board has more info than me about FCA. FH should be favored in both these games.

Talking X's and O's FH isn't particularly strong against the pass. Especially losing both corner backs and safety to graduation. I agree, interesting match ups.

I don't comment much about Baltimore schools because I don't follow those schools. You said FCA has access to tons of athletes? Where are they getting these athletes?

"This year the school located in Washington, D.C., will send 18 players to NCAA Division I football programs."
https://theundefeated.com/features/...ds-18-football-players-to-division-i-schools/

@ Pallotti Laurel, MD (W) 12 - 8 James Patterson 6 offers Cameron Sullivan-brown 24 offers

@ St. Joseph Regional Montvale, NJ (L) 45 - 34 Louis Acceus 17 offers 13 offers Dorian Hardy 23 offers

Gilman Baltimore, MD (W) 22 - 0 Shane Lee 12 offers Thomas Booker 24 offers

Woodson (Washington, DC) (W) 13 - 0 Noah Boykin 25 offers Vincent Flythe 15 offers Mychale Salahuddin 31 offers Edward Hendrix 21 offers

To beat teams with that many athletes and to send 18 kids to D1 clearly demonstrates they're getting athletes from somewhere... To try and make a case that they're not a good team or that they don't have the ability to reload, when they send multiple kids to d1 year in and year out, is a stretch... D.C. has a population of 660,000 people. Last time I checked Friendship Collegiate was a Charter school giving them a clear enrollment advantage.. Cumberland has a population of 20,000. There is no comparison in access to athletes between the schools...

Guess we'll see. With the matchups FH will encounter with both these teams, I'd have them as a 7-10 point dog on both games especially when they travel to D.C (officiating) Can they win both these? I think yes, IF they replace the secondary with good athletes and the O-line plays to past expectations

Last edited:
For the open date, I think Fort Hill should take on the Maryland Varsity All Stars. Give us a few Sunday afternoons to warm up and practice at Greenway, after a few weeks we could make it a game.

I have a solution!!! Moorefield has week 5 as a bye week, the same as Nrn. They could move their game from week 6 to week 5, giving Northern an opening for week six. Then they could schedule Fort Hill for week 6.

Oh, wait a minute, never mind, I forgot who I was talking about!

Reactions: SS610
I have a solution!!! Moorefield has week 5 as a bye week, the same as Nrn. They could move their game from week 6 to week 5, giving Northern an opening for week six. Then they could schedule Fort Hill for week 6.

Oh, wait a minute, never mind, I forgot who I was talking about!

Northern would rather play 9 games than play FH. But they play FH in all other sports. And of course they play Alco in football because they have a chance to compete.

I have no problem with Northern doing such. Just step out of the way in the playoffs.

"This year the school located in Washington, D.C., will send 18 players to NCAA Division I football programs."
https://theundefeated.com/features/...ds-18-football-players-to-division-i-schools/

@ Pallotti Laurel, MD (W) 12 - 8 James Patterson 6 offers Cameron Sullivan-brown 24 offers

@ St. Joseph Regional Montvale, NJ (L) 45 - 34 Louis Acceus 17 offers 13 offers Dorian Hardy 23 offers

Gilman Baltimore, MD (W) 22 - 0 Shane Lee 12 offers Thomas Booker 24 offers

Woodson (Washington, DC) (W) 13 - 0 Noah Boykin 25 offers Vincent Flythe 15 offers Mychale Salahuddin 31 offers Edward Hendrix 21 offers

To beat teams with that many athletes and to send 18 kids to D1 clearly demonstrates they're getting athletes from somewhere... To try and make a case that they're not a good team or that they don't have the ability to reload, when they send multiple kids to d1 year in and year out, is a stretch... D.C. has a population of 660,000 people. Last time I checked Friendship Collegiate was a Charter school giving them a clear enrollment advantage.. Cumberland has a population of 20,000. There is no comparison in access to athletes between the schools...

First of all, I question the accuracy of that article. I doubt if FCA sent 18 players to D1 last year (on scholarship). They may have sent 18 players to all levels of football (D1/D2/D3). If they had 18 D1 players last year they should have been ranked nationally. Even powerhouse programs like Gorman and Aquinas don't produce that many D1 scholarship players in one year. And actually I just read the link. The article even mentions Bowie State and Stevenson College, those aren't D1 schools.

Second, you basically admit that you don't have in depth knowledge of the program. Your logic comparing the DC population to the Cumberland's is inaccurate because you have to factor all the various (public, private, charter) high schools in the DC metro region. Also, as I mentioned previously, yes Friendship can and does enroll kids for sports, but their ability to do that isn't what it used to be because (due to complaints from other schools) DCIAA is monitoring their program very closely. Last year they were denied transfers in several cases. They can definitely bring in 3 or 4 players. But they don't have access to tons of talented players that will replace losing 18 starters. DC city public high school football is basically equivalent to Maryland 1A. FH should definitely be favored in this game.

But they are a Top 50 DC School, right?

It's impossible to say right now. I have no idea how good the remaining players are and we'll have to see if they can bring in impact transfers (and get them enrolled successfully). Pre-Season they won't be ranked near the Top 25.

First of all, I question the accuracy of that article. I doubt if FCA sent 18 players to D1 last year (on scholarship). They may have sent 18 players to all levels of football (D1/D2/D3). If they had 18 D1 players last year they should have been ranked nationally. Even powerhouse programs like Gorman and Aquinas don't produce that many D1 scholarship players in one year. And actually I just read the link. The article even mentions Bowie State and Stevenson College, those aren't D1 schools.

Second, you basically admit that you don't have in depth knowledge of the program. Your logic comparing the DC population to the Cumberland's is inaccurate because you have to factor all the various (public, private, charter) high schools in the DC metro region. Also, as I mentioned previously, yes Friendship can and does enroll kids for sports, but their ability to do that isn't what it used to be because (due to complaints from other schools) DCIAA is monitoring their program very closely. Last year they were denied transfers in several cases. They can definitely bring in 3 or 4 players. But they don't have access to tons of talented players that will replace losing 18 starters. DC city public high school football is basically equivalent to Maryland 1A. FH should definitely be favored in this game.

You do realize FCA isn't the only team that lost a bunch of starters right? FH lost a bunch also.. Replacing starters goes both ways. And I stand by FCA having a larger pool of talent to draw from than FH... It doesn't take a rocket scientist or an in depth knowledge of the program just some common sense and basic math skills... No way is FH favored on the road in this game...

FH is going to have to deal with this kid who just picked up his 9th offer from Maryland... Not only him but the whole team passes the eye test.. I'm sure he wont be their only d1 recruit.. Sometimes you have to be honest otherwise it just looks like you're trying too hard to hate..

Last edited:
It's impossible to say right now. I have no idea how good the remaining players are and we'll have to see if they can bring in impact transfers (and get them enrolled successfully). Pre-Season they won't be ranked near the Top 25.

Are there 50 football playing high schools in DC, I don't think so. So by default they would be a Top 50 DC school.

You do realize FCA isn't the only team that lost a bunch of starters right? FH lost a bunch also.. Replacing starters goes both ways. And I stand by FCA having a larger pool of talent to draw from than FH... It doesn't take a rocket scientist or an in depth knowledge of the program just some common sense and basic math skills... No way is FH favored on the road in this game...

FH is going to have to deal with this kid who just picked up his 9th offer from Maryland... Not only him but the whole team passes the eye test.. I'm sure he wont be their only d1 recruit.. Sometimes you have to be honest otherwise it just looks like you're trying too hard to hate..

My original point was people on here are talking about the accomplishments of last year's FCA team as if it's going to be the same squad. It's not even close. Does FCA have a larger pool of talent to draw from? Yes, of course. But having access to a larger pool of talent doesn't mean those players are going to be on your team in the fall. I'm not sure where you guys got the impression that they can just pick and choose the best players in the city. I'm trying to figure out where you're getting this information from. They are a public charter, they aren't a private school.

Are there 50 football playing high schools in DC, I don't think so. So by default they would be a Top 50 DC school.

I misinterpreted your question. When you said Top 50 I assumed you were talking about the entire DC Metro Area. Like Seasoned Lettuce said, there are only 26 football playing schools in the entire city.

If you include the private powers like Gonzaga, St. John's, etc., FCA will be in the DC City Top 10. But that's because of the lack of quality teams in the DC public leagues. But if you include PG, Moco, NoVa and Southern Maryland, which most people do, then FCA won't be close to the Top 25 pre-season.

My original point was people on here are talking about the accomplishments of last year's FCA team as if it's going to be the same squad. It's not even close. Does FCA have a larger pool of talent to draw from? Yes, of course. But having access to a larger pool of talent doesn't mean those players are going to be on your team in the fall. I'm not sure where you guys got the impression that they can just pick and choose the best players in the city. I'm trying to figure out where you're getting this information from. They are a public charter, they aren't a private school.

Well I don't think this years FH team is going to be the same squad as last yrs.. You can't focus on one teams losses and ignore another's...

Well I don't think this years FH team is going to be the same squad as last yrs.. You can't focus on one teams losses and ignore another's...

I also agree, but losing 18 starters is a major factor in determining what team is going to be favored in the game.

Also, I talked to a DCIAA coach. Before the kids could transfer without penalty. The new rule is after 9th grade, all transfers have to sit out one year from varsity sports. They don't have "tons of athletes" to replace what they're losing.

I also agree, but losing 18 starters is a major factor in determining what team is going to be favored in the game.

Also, I talked to a DCIAA coach. Before the kids could transfer without penalty. The new rule is after 9th grade, all transfers have to sit out one year from varsity sports. They don't have "tons of athletes" to replace what they're losing.

FH loses about 15 to 17 starters or seniors that saw significant playing time by my calculations. Which finished about 200 spots behind FCA in the national rankings. I'm not really understanding your point about how much FCA is losing only to ignore or down play how much FH also loses. Both teams are solid programs. FH is going to be on the road playing outside of their element against a solid program with D1 recruits.. Rationally speaking I don't know how anyone would favor them in this game...

FH loses about 15 to 17 starters or seniors that saw significant playing time by my calculations. Which finished about 200 spots behind FCA in the national rankings. I'm not really understanding your point about how much FCA is losing only to ignore or down play how much FH also loses. Both teams are solid programs. FH is going to be on the road playing outside of their element against a solid program with D1 recruits.. Rationally speaking I don't know how anyone would favor them in this game...

FH is losing 15 to 17 starters? I just looked at the roster. Really?

Actually my only point is it's senseless to keep comparing this year's FCA to the squad they had last season. FCA doesn't have the means to replenish all the talent that graduated. It's not even going to be close. Stating they finished 200 spots behind them last season has no bearing on the game this fall. FH is returning the Times-News Offensive POY. Both Times-News Defensive POY's. And a solid defensive core and getting one their best defensive players back who was injured last year. This may be a good game but it's two 1A teams playing each other. FH will definitely be favored in this game and should be the favorite in every regular season game.

Playing at home isn't going to be a huge advantage for FCA. They don't have a home field, and those charter schools don't have big fan bases because they don't have many alumni. FH will probably have more people in the stands than FCA. This isn't going to be viewed a big game because it's not a local rivalry and because people down here don't know anything about FH.

FH is losing 15 to 17 starters? I just looked at the roster. Really?

Actually my only point is it's senseless to keep comparing this year's FCA to the squad they had last season. FCA doesn't have the means to replenish all the talent that graduated. It's not even going to be close. Stating they finished 200 spots behind them last season has no bearing on the game this fall. FH is returning the Times-News Offensive POY. Both Times-News Defensive POY's. And a solid defensive core and getting one their best defensive players back who was injured last year. This may be a good game but it's two 1A teams playing each other. FH will definitely be favored in this game and should be the favorite in every regular season game.

Playing at home isn't going to be a huge advantage for FCA. They don't have a home field, and those charter schools don't have big fan bases because they don't have many alumni. FH will probably have more people in the stands than FCA. This isn't going to be viewed a big game because it's not a local rivalry and because people down here don't know anything about FH.

LOL you're really trying too hard.. Lets agree to just disagree...

Last edited:
The reality is this:

FHHS has a solid program. One pretty much knows what to expect from year to year.

Schools that consistently recruit, not knowing who players will be from one year to the next, are not programs.

I will argue that it is the recruiting - not the program - that makes some of these schools special from year to year...or on occasion.

Any coach worth his/her paycheck can coach a superb group of athletes and look good.

It truly takes an extra special head coach and assistant coaches to create and maintain a program from within year in and year out.

With the previous being said, I'm not impressed with what a school such as SFA (made up of former Gilman coaches/recruiters) has done in recent years.

In one respect, I agree with Boyz...nobody really knows what FCA will bring to the table this year.

In another respect, I agree with bigsavage...FH lost several starters, too.

The only difference I see is the unknown about FCA. Why? Once again, there's a difference between recruiting and having a solid program year in and year out.

P.S. I know SFA and FCA are not one and the same...just making a point as both are at the mercy of new recruits from year to year.

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Just recently watched (again) my recorded copy of the last championship game... talent, coaching and confidence. Hard to keep coming up with all that year after year, even for FH. You would expect a very good line, a beefy ball carrier and overall solid defense against the run. The last couple years FH added speed to a hard-hitting secondary and exceptional speed to the outside on offense. Will FH have all that again this year? Shucks, I don't know - but I do know some of that talent from last year is moving on.

FH has received two offers to play October 6. Cathedral Prep out of Erie, PA and Bishop Sullivan out of Virginia Beach.

This would be the week before the team from Florida and Friendship Collegiate the next week. Any schedule takers? Apparently private powers from long distances are the only ones that inquire. Screw the MPSSAA playoffs, let the 1A public school just play them all.

Thank you MPSSAA.

They can play 13 or 14 games actually :)

Prep schools are a completely different situation for obvious recruiting reasons.

Play the 9 games.....these kids will get to play 3 or 4 games more than most everyone else--they'll play 13 or 14 games.
If the options are a loss for the 10th game, or a serious potential for a loss, OR playing a a cupcake that will net FH so few points, numbers wise, points wise, Fort Hill is better off going with 9 games. The schedule is already stacked, we're good and could possibly use the rest or extra prep time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT