ADVERTISEMENT

FH worst is still better then allegany best

If you have ever played football and have facemasked somebody I can tell you it is difficult to let go. It happens quickly and your hand/fingers are on the mask and gripping it. It’s an instinct when tackling someone when you reach out and grab you squeeze, and if you accidentally grab the facemask your instinct is still to squeeze. The player knew he had the mask after the play was over but I would bet he was not consciously aware during the play. Once the play was over he processed it in his brain quickly and actually tries to hide behind his teammates so the ref can’t see him. Watch the video you will see it. He knew he grabbed it but there was nothing he could do about. It was vicious but not intentional. I’m a FH guy but fair is fair. He accidentally grabbed the facemask, did not let go because in the midst of the action at full speed you can’t just simply react quick enough when that instinct takes hold. It was for sure a 15 yard foul but he did not do it on purpose. Just because it looked dirty does not make it dirty. I wouldn’t even call it a bad play. It is more of an unlucky play.

agree 100%

What happened with the extra point on FHs 2nd TD??? I thought he missed it and so did the radio who had a reporter right there.. If he did miss it then that was a huge game changer. Alco could've kicked the extra point to take the lead late in the game. Did the commercial video replay have a good shot of it?

38:00 mark

Excellent post, and we're all entitled to our opinion. I agree with those that say it was dirty simply because there is no way you think you have any part of the body when you are pulling the head down by the face mask. Therefor, if you don't let go, you are prolonging the act, endangering the neck of the person.
I'll take it one step further. If you hit somebody out of bounds I think it's dirty. If you hit somebody helmet to helmet I think it's dirty.. If you clip somebody, I think it's dirty. These actions are all things that can physically harm somebody, simply my definition of dirty.
If you stand over somebody and taunt them, that's a dirty player, not a dirty play.
In this instance after the act of body slamming the runner to the ground by the face mask the defender jumps up and celebrates with his teammates. That to me is a dirty player. Why are you celebrating an illegal act? I have asked this question in three posts and nobody who thinks it wasn't dirty has answered. Does anybody think he didn't know he had the face mask in his hand? So if there is no dispute that he knew he had it, why not let go, and why celebrate?
They made a stop on fourth down, and thought they got the ball back. That's what the celebration was about.

Reactions: towpath94
On the radio they said it wasn't good and let's hope it doesn't have any impact on the game....

On the radio they said it wasn't good and let's hope it doesn't have any impact on the game....

As the previous poster said, "Reaching now." I've watched the video a few times, and the football clearly splits the uprights. I do believe you might be confused with Allegany's second PAT. I was standing just about in line with the goal post at the opposite end of the field, and it looked to be wide right, but the officials said it was good. On both accounts, there was no dispute among those in the video booth, and no players and/or coaches seemed to dispute the call.

The game is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
WCBC to hold candle light vigil outside Cumberland Times News to pay homage to Robinette and try to swing the POY votes to Karson.

Paul Miller will the master of ceremonies.

At least all the Robinettes can spend Thanksgiving around the same table and wonder how they lost.
It's amazing how much time and energy you put into Karson Robinette. You must think about him a lot.

WCBC to hold candle light vigil outside Cumberland Times News to pay homage to Robinette and try to swing the POY votes to Karson.

At least all the Robinettes can spend Thanksgiving around the same table and wonder how they lost.

My last Paul Miller "bromance" post.

Is Paul Miller taking Karson to Ohio with him tomorrow to commentate or maybe to do some recruiting for Karson?
You're really creative...you're so funny. Please tell me you're a comedian. A thousand comedians out of work, and you're still trying to be one. Now that's funny!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT