ADVERTISEMENT

FH worst is still better then allegany best

All things in balance. Shoot, when I attended FH from 80-84, the Sentinels couldn't beat ALCO on a prayer. All four years, losses.

"4inarow" TV commentator did say "there was a clip that was missed on #4 blue". I don't have a degree with C.S.I., however I feel the call could have went either way, #4 blue ended up on his behind looking up, that tells me since he didn't do a face plant , no flag. IMO, this was one of the most physical games for "both" teams, that is of the players that wanted to be physical. Then there are some that went in the opposite direction, be it red jersey, be it blue jersey. The video doesn't lie, gotta watch closely people. As for "Big Camper Fan" making statement "Fort Hill fans using the word, 'But' ", let's not include all fans in your statement please, be it red , be it blue. Hats off to both sides of the field, players and coaches alike. As I stated before, it's easy to sit here behind the screen and type away making comment after comment about this play and that play (shoulda coulda woulda ), let's remember people we're talking about teenagers making decisions in real time, and coaches that have to make right decisions or risk being burned at the stake(exaggeration obviously). All in all it was an awesome game, red or blue. Blue came to play and play hard they did, Red came to play also, however in this game, as all you "experts" know there are these things called "breaks". Sometimes your team gets them, sometimes the other team gets them. The "experts" know they can go either way. After all the comments on this game I know one thing, a red win or a blue win, next week I'd still be at the game cheering for our hometown team in my camo hat! Great to see #15 doing well since the Homecoming game, that family's a "class act" in my book! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Yes, the Act of Union of 1707 when Scotland and England were joined.....we've lost track of your point. And they became the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
Then what point are you trying to make? You know, if you've lost track.

After watching the replay I felt it was a well officiated game. The facemask penalty was legit and vicious by #4 on #5. The Alco fans were calling the refs idiots and cussing up a storm over that one but it was legit. The five yrd facemask on an Alco d-linemen was legit. The camera guys caught it well.

The no call on the so-called clip was a good no-call. From the field level angle you can see the FH player hit him from a front angle. But again if it was called a clip no one could complain either because it was close. If it looks bad people in the stands always go nuts. The hit on the Alco WR was not helmet to helmet. I don’t care what the TV guy said, watch the play over on the replay. Again, if it looks bad people will cry.

#4 for FH was held a lot. His jersey was ripped over his should pad one time and there was no calls. There could have been two holding calls on Alco that I saw. The only really blown call I saw was when #5 for FH jumped in the backfield and Alco’s defense was called offsides. I think it should have been false start but maybe the player is allowed to step and go in motion if he comes out of his stance early. That was an old “save your but” trick we were all taught as little kids. The only problem is if you are the ball carrier and away you go in motion because you jumped. You will leave your QB hanging with the ball out.

There was a forward progress call near the end of the game that kept the clock running. I thought the clock should have stopped when he went out of bounds but I see this call all of the time in the NFL. I don’t think that 30 seconds would have mattered much at that point. FH would have just punched it in anyway with the momentum.

Overall, a pretty darn good called game by the refs despite the Alco lynch mob yelling on every flag, thinking they have the best view of every play.

Last edited:
There is no discounting the fact FH had huge miscues in this game. The difference is that FH usually doesn't make those miscues which is why they stand out more. The other team usually does. So credit Alco for these things.

#25 has to make that easy catch. The game is over there. Instead FH is now punting. Wow.

As for the facemask call on Robinette, seriously? I don't think it was intentionally dirty at all. It happens. But please don't insult your own intelligence by saying it was a phantom call. It almost twisted Banks' neck off and ended his career.

Alco threw the kitchen sink. Kudos. Still didn't pan out. At this point you have to wonder just what blue has to do to beat their rival.
when you run as much as fh does, and are as predictable as they are, that perfect pass to #25 is going to be there every game. it's a dam shame #3 doesn't get that opportunity to show his arm off more.
the db's were playing ten yards off him repeatedly, there''s no reason why you don't take the snap and pass it directly to him and let him go one on one with the db, it's there all night!!

Reactions: 5punisher3
let's not forget a certain allegany alum who does the tv broadcast who never shows any bias. Like when he calls a clip then a block in the back on fh against #4. A little anatomy lesson - if you are hit in the back your right shoulder does not go backwards. if you are hit in the back your body does not turn to the right as it is flying backwards. if you are hit in the back you don't land on your left butt cheek and then your left shoulder. if you are hit in the back you don't end up laying on the ground on your back.
watch the replay, then tell me whose trying to blame officiating for anything.
Or the entire newspaper, which never shows any bias at all. Like when they write previews and stories for Fort Hill scrimmages. Or when they split each of the player of the year awards so no one on the entire Fort Hill team gets left out from being a player of the year. I'm pretty sure they took out a full page ad last season to apologize to the one boy in the school (who was a freshman and wasn't even on the football team) when they left him out of the POY awards. The Cumberland Times-Sentinel is basically the Fort Hill participation trophy at this point.
God forbid Fort Hill grad Paul 'Benedict Arnold' Miller not swallow the pill, though.

Reactions: camper21502
It's amusing hearing those believing there is bias when it's always the dominant team that tends to garner it. Allegany in the 80's was the flagship Cumberland team simply because they were winning championships. It's just how the media works, even at the home town level.

Or the entire newspaper, which never shows any bias at all. Like when they write previews and stories for Fort Hill scrimmages. Or when they split each of the player of the year awards so no one on the entire Fort Hill team gets left out from being a player of the year. I'm pretty sure they took out a full page ad last season to apologize to the one boy in the school (who was a freshman and wasn't even on the football team) when they left him out of the POY awards. The Cumberland Times-Sentinel is basically the Fort Hill participation trophy at this point.
God forbid Fort Hill grad Paul 'Benedict Arnold' Miller not swallow the pill, though.

The sports editor of the paper usually hangs out at a favorite watering hole in town - have you voiced that opinion to him directly and given him a chance to address your concerns?

when you run as much as fh does, and are as predictable as they are, that perfect pass to #25 is going to be there every game. it's a dam shame #3 doesn't get that opportunity to show his arm off more.
the db's were playing ten yards off him repeatedly, there''s no reason why you don't take the snap and pass it directly to him and let him go one on one with the db, it's there all night!!
Agree 100%. Too much run. No balance. #3 can throw the ball. Alco playing a 6-5 defense, no where to run. Fh throws 15-20 times they win going away. Is it a penalty to throw on 1st and 2nd down? It always has to be 3rd or 4th and a mile for fh to throw. If FH ever runs a play action on 1st or 2nd down the whole school will be open.

Last edited:
Have to agree here 100%. Alco dared us all nite and we threw 4 times and 3 would have been TDs had the catch been made. Alco played a hell of a game and Bryan came prepared but on the play that mattered most FH was better. The better team won. Alco #4 and FH #4 are the best 2 players in the area. I believe they should share POY because neither team could win without them against a quality opponent. Banks offense and Poling Defense. Helmick that’s how it should go. Luke is a beast that don’t get the ball and Robinette is a beast that does but Luke’s blocks are punishing and Robinettes running is unmatched. The other thing Is Logan won the area QB last night. His passes were precise and his hard counts gave us 10 yards on our first scoring drive. That was big. Bratton is good and I respect his heart and will to play but Logan earned 1st team all area QB. His running in HC and his throwing last night along with his final drive against MCC gives him the honor hands down. Great season Alco. You redeemed yourself and proved that you are a good football team but FH is the Lion of this his jungle and it’s not changing anytime soon.

The sports editor of the paper usually hangs out at a favorite watering hole in town - have you voiced that opinion to him directly and given him a chance to address your concerns?
Did you ask the same of anyone's concerns with WCBC? Rock Cioni isn't hard to find.

"Processworks", couldn't agree more, how many teams made adjustments the week prior to playing these two?

Jersey was changed to #4 because #95 got ripped in last game.. You call it shock and awe lmao..
And he changed to #95 because #4 got ripped. Took a while to that #4 jersey to get stitched back up only to have it return for the region final.

Agree. It was a facemask. Just wondering how people consider it dirty.
It sure looked intentional. Not only by how he grabbed it, but also by how he held onto it as he ripped him around to throw him down.

He wasn't alone, though. I counted numerous late hits (one by him), holds, etc., that were never called.

It sure looked intentional. Not only by how he grabbed it, but also by how he held onto it as he ripped him around to throw him down.

He wasn't alone, though. I counted numerous late hits (one by him), holds, etc., that were never called.
It didn't look intentional. No player would intentionally do that in that situation. It was basically a turnover. You think he was planning on tackling him by his facemask?

not dirty in my eyes, just something that happens in the game

it is 4th and 2 with possibly the game on the line. No way do I think he is dumb enough to intentionally do that in that spot. He wants to win too bad.
I was typing almost the same reply as you posted.

Reactions: towpath94
Well he had the opportunity to let go and he intentionally continued to hold on spinning him by his head. Pretty difficult to do unless you meant to do it. You can’t take away from the kid for playing a very emotional game. But you have to contain your emotions also.

On Alco's td that made it 14-14, #31 for FH had his helmet pulled completely off. He picked it up off the ground and turned to look at the ref like..hey, um..my helmet got ripped off.

There was a lot of crazy physical play in that game. Both ways. And I stand by the fact that subjective officiating had no sway in the overall outcome. In the same view saying there were almost no calls, we probably could've been there until 10:30 if they had called everything.

great, so there are two rules, incidental and intentional, right? isn't that the rule?

High school still has the two different facemask calls. If the head turns from the grab in any way or the players movement is altered it is a 15 yarder. #5’s entire head was jerked back and twisted. I agree with those that say it was not an intentional dirty play. Intentional or incidental really has no impact on the call that the refs make. Facemasks happen in football and are usually almost always accidents. It was not intentional but vicious and warranted a 15 yard penalty. Even if it was ruled a 5 yarder, it would have given FH a first down. Sometimes it is easier said than done to let go of a facemask once you grab it. If you remove your hand you free the player and he breaks the tackle. It’s happening in full speed so there is really no time to let go.

In the case of the Alco d-linemen that was called for a facemask. He intentionally grabbed the FH players mask but only slightly pulled on the mask and let go quickly. It was intentional but the ref made a correct and fair call ruling it a 5 yarder instead of a 15 yarder. Intentional and incidental have no impact on the calls and that is fine as the refs used fair judgment in both these instances.

Well he had the opportunity to let go and he intentionally continued to hold on spinning him by his head. Pretty difficult to do unless you meant to do it. You can’t take away from the kid for playing a very emotional game. But you have to contain your emotions also.
So every 15-yard facemask is premeditated and intentional in your mind? It literally took less than a second to throw him to the ground.
By your definition, every holding penalty is dirty. The player has every opportunity to let go, but intentionally holds on. Every time you post it because more obvious that you never played or really even watched the game.

Last edited:
Going for two took balls.....not giving the ball to #4 stupid. Should have we for the tie. I say “KAN The Ham”

High school still has the two different facemask calls. If the head turns from the grab in any way or the players movement is altered it is a 15 yarder. #5’s entire head was jerked back and twisted. I agree with those that say it was not an intentional dirty play. Intentional or incidental really has no impact on the call that the refs make. Facemasks happen in football and are usually almost always accidents. It was not intentional but vicious and warranted a 15 yard penalty. Even if it was ruled a 5 yarder, it would have given FH a first down. Sometimes it is easier said than done to let go of a facemask once you grab it. If you remove your hand you free the player and he breaks the tackle. It’s happening in full speed so there is really no time to let go.

In the case of the Alco d-linemen that was called for a facemask. He intentionally grabbed the FH players mask but only slightly pulled on the mask and let go quickly. It was intentional but the ref made a correct and fair call ruling it a 5 yarder instead of a 15 yarder. Intentional and incidental have no impact on the calls and that is fine as the refs used fair judgment in both these instances.
Excellent post, and we're all entitled to our opinion. I agree with those that say it was dirty simply because there is no way you think you have any part of the body when you are pulling the head down by the face mask. Therefor, if you don't let go, you are prolonging the act, endangering the neck of the person.
I'll take it one step further. If you hit somebody out of bounds I think it's dirty. If you hit somebody helmet to helmet I think it's dirty.. If you clip somebody, I think it's dirty. These actions are all things that can physically harm somebody, simply my definition of dirty.
If you stand over somebody and taunt them, that's a dirty player, not a dirty play.
In this instance after the act of body slamming the runner to the ground by the face mask the defender jumps up and celebrates with his teammates. That to me is a dirty player. Why are you celebrating an illegal act? I have asked this question in three posts and nobody who thinks it wasn't dirty has answered. Does anybody think he didn't know he had the face mask in his hand? So if there is no dispute that he knew he had it, why not let go, and why celebrate?

Reactions: FortHillFan89
What happened with the extra point on FHs 2nd TD??? I thought he missed it and so did the radio who had a reporter right there.. If he did miss it then that was a huge game changer. Alco could've kicked the extra point to take the lead late in the game. Did the commercial video replay have a good shot of it?

Excellent post, and we're all entitled to our opinion. I agree with those that say it was dirty simply because there is no way you think you have any part of the body when you are pulling the head down by the face mask. Therefor, if you don't let go, you are prolonging the act, endangering the neck of the person.
I'll take it one step further. If you hit somebody out of bounds I think it's dirty. If you hit somebody helmet to helmet I think it's dirty.. If you clip somebody, I think it's dirty. These actions are all things that can physically harm somebody, simply my definition of dirty.
If you stand over somebody and taunt them, that's a dirty player, not a dirty play.
In this instance after the act of body slamming the runner to the ground by the face mask the defender jumps up and celebrates with his teammates. That to me is a dirty player. Why are you celebrating an illegal act? I have asked this question in three posts and nobody who thinks it wasn't dirty has answered. Does anybody think he didn't know he had the face mask in his hand? So if there is no dispute that he knew he had it, why not let go, and why celebrate?
According to what u think is dirty both Cumberland schools is full of dirty players because everything you mentioned has happened in every single game for both schools..

Reactions: OneRing
If you have ever played football and have facemasked somebody I can tell you it is difficult to let go. It happens quickly and your hand/fingers are on the mask and gripping it. It’s an instinct when tackling someone when you reach out and grab you squeeze, and if you accidentally grab the facemask your instinct is still to squeeze. The player knew he had the mask after the play was over but I would bet he was not consciously aware during the play. Once the play was over he processed it in his brain quickly and actually tries to hide behind his teammates so the ref can’t see him. Watch the video you will see it. He knew he grabbed it but there was nothing he could do about. It was vicious but not intentional. I’m a FH guy but fair is fair. He accidentally grabbed the facemask, did not let go because in the midst of the action at full speed you can’t just simply react quick enough when that instinct takes hold. It was for sure a 15 yard foul but he did not do it on purpose. Just because it looked dirty does not make it dirty. I wouldn’t even call it a bad play. It is more of an unlucky play.

If you have ever played football and have facemasked somebody I can tell you it is difficult to let go. It happens quickly and your hand/fingers are on the mask and gripping it. It’s an instinct when tackling someone when you reach out and grab you squeeze, and if you accidentally grab the facemask your instinct is still to squeeze. The player knew he had the mask after the play was over but I would bet he was not consciously aware during the play. Once the play was over he processed it in his brain quickly and actually tries to hide behind his teammates so the ref can’t see him. Watch the video you will see it. He knew he grabbed it but there was nothing he could do about. It was vicious but not intentional. I’m a FH guy but fair is fair. He accidentally grabbed the facemask, did not let go because in the midst of the action at full speed you can’t just simply react quick enough when that instinct takes hold. It was for sure a 15 yard foul but he did not do it on purpose. Just because it looked dirty does not make it dirty. I wouldn’t even call it a bad play. It is more of an unlucky play.
Exactly everybody that has ever put the pads on knows this...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT