ADVERTISEMENT

FH worst is still better then allegany best

Not the smartest, but thanks to your posts, I'm not the dumbest.

Any reasonable person following this thread would think otherwise, OR.

In your effort to make yourself look smarter than the average bear, you were corrected on two different occasions.

If you want to talk about football, talk about football. This is a message board, not a doctoral dissertation.

Any reasonable person following this thread would think otherwise, OR.

In your effort to make yourself look smarter than the average bear, you were corrected on two different occasions.

If you want to talk about football, talk about football. This is a message board, not a doctoral dissertation.
Nobody would ever accuse you, or this forum for that matter, of being reasonable.

In your quest to correct me, you had to be corrected yourself.

Your team struggled against a subpar team. No reason to let that fluster you.

Nobody would ever accuse you, or this forum for that matter, of being reasonable.

In your quest to correct me, you had to be corrected yourself.

Your team struggled against a subpar team. No reason to let that fluster you.

My last comment on the matter: You attempted to correct a poster. You were wrong as you attempted to do so. I corrected you. You came back with it's the United Kingdom, not Great Britain. I came back with do a little research, and you will find out you were wrong. There is a difference between the UK and GB - check it out and educate yourself a bit.

Kudos to Alco for a very good game plan, and good luck to the Sentinels next week.

My last comment on the matter: You attempted to correct a poster. You were wrong as you attempted to do so. I corrected you. You came back with it's the United Kingdom, not Great Britain. I came back with do a little research, and you will find out you were wrong. There is a difference between the UK and GB - check it out and educate yourself a bit.

Kudos to Alco for a very good game plan, and good luck to the Sentinels next week.
You tried to correct me. In doing so, you needed corrected. You got your feelings hurt.

They speak the same form of English in all of them. Maybe take your own advice every once in a while. Or keep embarrassing yourself.

Alcos performance tonight was commendable. From the very good tactic of throwing in the direct snap formation to Robinette to an inspired defensive change to the 6-3, kudos to an inspired performance. What a rebound from homecoming. What a fun game.

Reactions: FortHillFan89
FH was at its worst tonight. Fumbles, dropped pass, asleep on pass defense. But give Alco tons of credit. They went from a running clock to going to the wire in 2 weeks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Can't think of a better cliche than "it's hard to beat a team twice". Especially in a 2 week stretch when the other team is pretty dad gum good. It was obvious one team had nothing to lose tonight with completely different arrangements while the favorite did nothing different because they expected to win. I saw emotion on one side and a hoo hum here we go again on the other. Lots and lots of key plays in this game on both sides. I thought FH was ready to take over up 14-7 with 4 min left in the first half and the ball at the 12 yard line. A fumble there sent the momentum into the Allegany locker room. Going up by two scores there would have been big. I thought the FH dropped pass on third and long late in the game that should have been a touchdown would have ended the game. Tough breaks. For Alco they had a key stop on 4th down and they get a 15 yard face mask call. Had they gotten the stop on the FH side of the field that would have been huge. I could go on because of some many crucial plays.

I kept thinking when FH was ready to score again in the end with 1:47 left that it was in their best interest not to score. Just bleed the clock instead of scoring and giving the ball back up. Coach Appel made a great decision taking a knee.

I would not have gone for the Alco 2 point conversion (although I have no complaints about Alco making that call) but if I did the ball was going to #4. I win or lose with him. Maybe Coach Hansel thought FH would key on him so much that they could sneak #25 in. I don't know and hindsight is 20/20. But I think back to 2008 when Dunbar beats FH with the 2 point play at the end. Was there any question Tavon wasn't getting the ball? He did and the rest is history.

I do have a vote for All-Area awards and I believe #4 tonight in Blue is the POY. When Ty Johnson and Braden Brown swept that award there wasn't any red politics being used. They were the best players on the field as was Karson.

I'm with you. I think it might show that if the qb had not gotten hurt two weeks ago that game would never have ended up like it did. How else could you explain such a drastic turnaround?
Allegany was too good of a team not to bounce back and show that two weeks ago was not the way they wanted to go out...kudos to them, much respect.
This is nonsense #15#15 #15 ? Really hands down #3 for FH is the man of the hour . I would love to see this kids numbers if he played in the 2nd half this season , he was pulled at the half in 6-7 games this season . He definitely surprised me the last 4 games .

Couldn't have said it better myself wing-left. #3 really surprised alot of folks with his speed several games ago. On spot with " love to see his numbers, had he played entire season" same goes with several others and different stats.

Reactions: wing_left
I'm amazed at the people responding without calling this guy out for being disrespectful to the Alco kids. If someone said something like this after the Friendship game you would be crying like little school girls, lol

It did take all FH had to beat Allegany tonight. But, Fort Hill bought Allegany a present, had it gift wrapped, and put it under the tree and Allegany still wouldn't open it. Fort Hill tried their best to give the game to Allegany. What more does Fort Hill have to do in order for Allegany to beat them?[/QUOTE

Alco played great but not their best. Biggest mistake of the game was the facemask penalty against Alco. FH runner was stuffed, Alco was taking over in FH territory. FH went on to score to take the lead. That was the play of the game, more so than the 2 point conversion. Alco also jumped offsides twice to give FH big first down on FH first TD drive. Had Alco played a mistake free game they would have won. The heart and effort was there. That's for sure.

I could point out many missed calls. All I’m going to do is minimize a great effort by Allegany. And that would be a discredit to them. Not one time was the kids on the sidelines feeling the game was out of control. Very proud of the senior leadership.

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
Well, to get even more technical, the official name is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"...and has been since 1922.

You are exactly right, PRR. That was my follow-up point, but OR refused to acknowledge it. Take away Northern Ireland, and you have Great Britain - made up of England, Scotland, and Wales.

The Phantom face mask call kept it close to!
I'm not sure about a phantom call, if you're talking about the 4th down where #4 grabbed #5 by the face mask, did not attempt to let go, use it to slam him to the ground..well that was without a doubt the stupidest and dirtiest play I've seen all year. He could have seriously injured somebody and he jumped up celebrating with his teammates - thanks to him fh was celebrating minutes later in the end zone...that was your POY, congrats.

Can't think of a better cliche than "it's hard to beat a team twice". Especially in a 2 week stretch when the other team is pretty dad gum good. It was obvious one team had nothing to lose tonight with completely different arrangements while the favorite did nothing different because they expected to win. I saw emotion on one side and a hoo hum here we go again on the other. Lots and lots of key plays in this game on both sides. I thought FH was ready to take over up 14-7 with 4 min left in the first half and the ball at the 12 yard line. A fumble there sent the momentum into the Allegany locker room. Going up by two scores there would have been big. I thought the FH dropped pass on third and long late in the game that should have been a touchdown would have ended the game. Tough breaks. For Alco they had a key stop on 4th down and they get a 15 yard face mask call. Had they gotten the stop on the FH side of the field that would have been huge. I could go on because of some many crucial plays.

I kept thinking when FH was ready to score again in the end with 1:47 left that it was in their best interest not to score. Just bleed the clock instead of scoring and giving the ball back up. Coach Appel made a great decision taking a knee.

I would not have gone for the Alco 2 point conversion (although I have no complaints about Alco making that call) but if I did the ball was going to #4. I win or lose with him. Maybe Coach Hansel thought FH would key on him so much that they could sneak #25 in. I don't know and hindsight is 20/20. But I think back to 2008 when Dunbar beats FH with the 2 point play at the end. Was there any question Tavon wasn't getting the ball? He did and the rest is history.

I do have a vote for All-Area awards and I believe #4 tonight in Blue is the POY. When Ty Johnson and Braden Brown swept that award there wasn't any red politics being used. They were the best players on the field as was Karson.
All excellent points! I think we're the only ones that wouldn't have gone for two. I think it's the only way they lose that game. They had all the momentum, and I have little faith in fh coming out the next series and doing anything but running up the middle three times and getting stuffed. I think it was a gift.
Speaking of gifts, your POY, would he have made the 4th down stop if he hadn't made it by viciously trying to jerk off the head of #5 by not only grabbing the face mask but not even attempting to let go and body slamming him and then celebrating...total cheap shot if there ever was one. Without that stupid move fh was stopped, allegany takes over, and the outcome probably turns out differently.

Not sure about high school, but in college you're supposed to leave the field or a down if it's knocked off and you can get penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for taking it off yourself. Again, that's college though

I’m pretty sure he has to come out a play only if it comes off during live play. In between plays he’s allowed to.

C'mon some of you guys have to show a little class and give the other team credit. Everytime Fort Hill plays a close game it's because they didn't play well or they had a fumble or they just slept wrong. Always some kind of excuse. It's never because the other team was good. I'm sure if you all lose next week or the week after it's gonna be because you didn't play well, it won't be because the other team was better.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
You are exactly right, PRR. That was my follow-up point, but OR refused to acknowledge it. Take away Northern Ireland, and you have Great Britain - made up of England, Scotland, and Wales.
Technically, you said you weren't commenting on this again, but then you do. And once again, your point is awful. Take away Fort Hill and you have Cumberland made up of two schools - Allegany and Bishop Walsh. If you take something away, you've changed what was originally there, have you not.

From Wikipedia - British English is the English language as spoken and written in the United Kingdom.

It's the very first line.

C'mon some of you guys have to show a little class and give the other team credit. Everytime Fort Hill plays a close game it's because they didn't play well or they had a fumble or they just slept wrong. Always some kind of excuse. It's never because the other team was good. I'm sure if you all lose next week or the week after it's gonna be because you didn't play well, it won't be because the other team was better.
It will be because they had to play two tough games in a row a few weeks ago. It will be the schedule's fault. And the MPSSAA's fault. And Paul Miller's fault.

#4 grabbed him and threw him down by his shoulder pads. Yes, his hand hit the facemask and it is a penalty. He did not leave his hand on the facemask or tackle him by the facemask. His hand hit the facemask for a second. It is a penalty tho even tho accidental.
When the tackle was made both hands were on the shirt of the runner. They stopped FH on a forth down in their own territory on a great play. Yes, he had a right to be excited about the awesome play, unfortunately yes his hand did scrape the facemask

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
If anyone starts to even insinuate officiating had any negative impact on Alco or FH last night, then I will flat out roast you.

If anything there was almost NO officiating last night. To the extreme case that I think the officials specifically avoided getting involved in that game at any cost.

There was not one holding call on Alco the entire night and maybe 1 on FH. Officiating, good or bad, was a complete non factor.

Just wanna put that out there. Proceed.

Last edited:
who are you referring to? i don't see any of the above posts not giving allegany credit.

#4 grabbed him and threw him down by his shoulder pads. Yes, his hand hit the facemask and it is a penalty. He did not leave his hand on the facemask or tackle him by the facemask. His hand hit the facemask for a second. It is a penalty tho even tho accidental.
When the tackle was made both hands were on the shirt of the runner. They stopped FH on a forth down in their own territory on a great play. Yes, he had a right to be excited about the awesome play, unfortunately yes his hand did scrape the facemask
wrong, it was the face mask, he picked him up off the ground and the head is jerked backwards and then forwards and that is not a shoulder pad reaction.

Reactions: 52 to victory
WCBC to hold candle light vigil outside Cumberland Times News to pay homage to Robinette and try to swing the POY votes to Karson.

Paul Miller will the master of ceremonies.

At least all the Robinettes can spend Thanksgiving around the same table and wonder how they lost.
let's not forget a certain allegany alum who does the tv broadcast who never shows any bias. Like when he calls a clip then a block in the back on fh against #4. A little anatomy lesson - if you are hit in the back your right shoulder does not go backwards. if you are hit in the back your body does not turn to the right as it is flying backwards. if you are hit in the back you don't land on your left butt cheek and then your left shoulder. if you are hit in the back you don't end up laying on the ground on your back.
watch the replay, then tell me whose trying to blame officiating for anything.

Wasn't at the game but was listening to it. What about the extra point that all the radio people thought was wide left.

Technically it's been called the United Kingdom since the early 1700s.

Yes, the Act of Union of 1707 when Scotland and England were joined.....we've lost track of your point. And they became the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Banks entire head got yanked around through the entire tackle. I don't think it was dirty at all though.

1:21:50 mark

Reactions: cumbfanatic
who are you referring to? i don't see any of the above posts not giving allegany credit.
The point I'm trying to make is that the Fort Hill fans that give Allegany credit always comes with a "BUT" Fort Hill had fumbles, they didn't play well, asleep on pass defense, they dropped a pass, as for the fumbles I'm sure Fort Hill didn't just throw the ball on the ground, Allegany's defense caused the fumbles, it just seems that every time Fort Hill don't win in a landslide it's because they didn't play well, trust me they played well or they wouldn't have won that game last night.

"BoysnBlue" Don't be a hypocrite Blue, why are you disrespecting little school girls? I'd expect more coming from a professional journalist. "When they go low, we go High!"

There is no discounting the fact FH had huge miscues in this game. The difference is that FH usually doesn't make those miscues which is why they stand out more. The other team usually does. So credit Alco for these things.

#25 has to make that easy catch. The game is over there. Instead FH is now punting. Wow.

As for the facemask call on Robinette, seriously? I don't think it was intentionally dirty at all. It happens. But please don't insult your own intelligence by saying it was a phantom call. It almost twisted Banks' neck off and ended his career.

Alco threw the kitchen sink. Kudos. Still didn't pan out. At this point you have to wonder just what blue has to do to beat their rival.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT