ADVERTISEMENT

FH vs New Oxford

Argox66

All State Poster
Oct 30, 2017
Forget last year. The Sentinels cannot allow a let down after last week’s come from behind win. I’m sure they are feeling the effects of that game much like they did when they played Melbourne.

This next opponent is undefeated and cannot be taken lightly. I’m sure the Sentinels are aware of this and will bring their best to the field.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
Totally agree with your thoughts.... Did a bit of research on NO's record. They are scoring about 34 points per game and giving up 10 points per game.
3 opponents have winning records (at this point), 4 have losing records, and the last opponent has no wins.
As I remember they had a real good record when we played them.
Hope the boys did not leave everything on the field on Saturday.

Reactions: Tony54 and Argox66
I see this game 1 of 2 ways. Either FH blows them out or fatigue from the wadsworth game will start affecting them in the second half. From watching highlights, NO has a massive receiver, solid running back and quarterback to pair a good sized offensive line.

Two predictions are:

FH 42-7 blowout
NO 28-14 if FH is fatigued in the 2nd half

New Oxford reminds me of those good Havre de Grace teams that Fort Hill faced a few years ago.

They play a hard nosed style of football and mix in the run and pass
They look to be better than last year but so is Fort Hill.
I expect Fort Hill to have a little let down from last weeks epic win.
After the game, please don’t say this new Oxford team isn’t any good.😂. It’s Fort Hill. Fort Hill reallly is that good!

FH 28 to 7

Reactions: ravemwp
I see this game 1 of 2 ways. Either FH blows them out or fatigue from the wadsworth game will start affecting them in the second half. From watching highlights, NO has a massive receiver, solid running back and quarterback to pair a good sized offensive line.

Two predictions are:

FH 42-7 blowout
NO 28-14 if FH is fatigued in the 2nd half
Last year I think the coaches learned a lot after the MR loss. There were adjustments which happened and made the team better. Last week wasn't a loss but I think it probably felt like one in a lot of ways. Will they handle things the same if they get a three td lead? If it's cut to two td's will they do anything different? Maybe the d was gassed and couldn't control the tempo but if your offense moves the chains and runs some clock that is a momentum killer. One person said the OC seemed a little deer in the headlights in the second half. You have to be able to run some things you don't normally run while not abandoning who you are and losing all control. Getting #5 on a slant or bubble screen or a reverse is something that could work every game. Maybe you save it for those moments but he's a game changer like some had predicted.
As far as fatigue goes, get some backups in, is that any worse than somebody who is being shoved around on every play and not stopping anything. If that guy gets hurt then you have to go to the backup. Why not go to it as a way to help the starter just recover for a minute.

Reactions: 4R341 and ravemwp
One thing that has been missed in the Wadsworth game is that when WW had momentum, FH had a 3rd down and Brown hit a wide open receiver who dropped the ball. Would have given FH a first down and probably put them at least in FG range. Would have at least slowed WW's hold on the game.
Yep, absolutely forgot about that. Good observation. Really could have switched or slowed momentum. What was odd is that #11 may have the best hands on the team.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
One thing that has been missed in the Wadsworth game is that when WW had momentum, FH had a 3rd down and Brown hit a wide open receiver who dropped the ball. Would have given FH a first down and probably put them at least in FG range. Would have at least slowed WW's hold on the game.
Another thing that nobody has talked about was the WW drive at the beginning of the 4th. They were 4th and long in FH territory with the score 28-21 FH and 9:47 left where the left tackle ran 6 yards down field to block the corner to free the WR for a big gain and first down. That should've ended the series and given the ball back to FH, essentially ending the game if FH can get a 5 or 6 minute drive together.

Totally agree with your thoughts.... Did a bit of research on NO's record. They are scoring about 34 points per game and giving up 10 points per game.
3 opponents have winning records (at this point), 4 have losing records, and the last opponent has no wins.
As I remember they had a real good record when we played them.
Hope the boys did not leave everything on the field on Saturday.
They were 7-1 when FH came to town. Sentinels gave them loss #2, 28-0.

It could be a great game. Sometimes undefeated teams don’t realize they’re supposed to lose.

The Colonials last 4 opponents are 8-24, so the competition they've seen hasn't really tested them too much lately. (FHs last 4 are 21-8, btw with Hollidaysburg accounting for half those losses )

Reactions: Dwj21
The Colonials last 4 opponents are 8-24, so the competition they've seen hasn't really tested them too much lately. (FHs last 4 are 21-8, btw with Hollidaysburg accounting for half those losses )
They haven’t had any close games either

I’m not trying to not pick but is anyone else concerned that Fort Hill had trouble moving the ball in the 2nd half against Ridge and Wadsworth?

Reactions: 4R341
I’m not trying to not pick but is anyone else concerned that Fort Hill had trouble moving the ball in the 2nd half against Ridge and Wadsworth?
FH didn't move the ball in the 2nd half against Coolidge either. However, when u put the ball on the carpet and have massive penalties like they did week 2 and week 6, that is a for certain result. FH was their own enemy against lesser comp in those games.

Wadsworth was different. If I'm New Oxford or any other FH opponent I'm watching that 2nd half. Run blitzing linebackers. Gotta have the LBs first of all to pull it off. A better question will be what have FH coaches learned from that? What plays do you call against it? Play action for starters. Metz or wingback over the middle.

FH didn't move the ball in the 2nd half against Coolidge either. However, when u put the ball on the carpet and have massive penalties like they did week 2 and week 6, that is a for certain result. FH was their own enemy against lesser comp in those games.

Wadsworth was different. If I'm New Oxford or any other FH opponent I'm watching that 2nd half. Run blitzing linebackers. Gotta have the LBs first of all to pull it off. A better question will be what have FH coaches learned from that? What plays do you call against it? Play action for starters. Metz or wingback over the middle.
I hope we do it!

Unless New Oxford has the numbers AND talent to run a two platoon offense/defense I don't see them being able to take much of a page from Wadsworth.

In a battle of two ironman heavy high school football teams, my money will almost always be on FH.

I've said several times that FH needs to keep their skill position players fresher. Playing Willison, Younger, and Spencer to many unnecessary offensive snaps in the first half, could be detrimental to their success in the 2nd half of games. I believe with those guys playing full time defense, lessons their abilities on offense the later we get into the game and season. In my opinion tired offensive players make more mistakes, especially in blocking and penalties. Use your backfield depth to keep everyone fresher.

Reactions: Tony54
I've said several times that FH needs to keep their skill position players fresher. Playing Willison, Younger, and Spencer to many unnecessary offensive snaps in the first half, could be detrimental to their success in the 2nd half of games. I believe with those guys playing full time defense, lessons their abilities on offense the later we get into the game and season. In my opinion tired offensive players make more mistakes, especially in blocking and penalties. Use your backfield depth to keep everyone fresher.
That’s a great point

What would you do with two way lineman? TH made a great point about the two platoon having a big advantage by coming to the sideline and getting coached with real time technology. I think FH could do that with one player at a time for a series or two. You could give a guy a break for a few snaps, get him some real time info and send him back in fresher and smarter!

What would you do with two way lineman? TH made a great point about the two platoon having a big advantage by coming to the sideline and getting coached with real time technology. I think FH could do that with one player at a time for a series or two. You could give a guy a break for a few snaps, get him some real time info and send him back in fresher and smarter!
Absolute truth. Unfortunately FH doesn't have the same quality of depth on the line as they do in the skill positions, but finding a little more rotation would certainly help.

Sentinels convert a 4-6 to set up a first and goal and punch it in.

14-7 FH

4:58 left in the 1st

1st Qtr in the books:

FH 14 New Oxford 7

FH has a 4th and 1 at the 1 to begin the 2nd.

After a questionable 4-1 conversion, the Colonials hit a big pass TD to make it 22-14.

Sentinels respond with a big drive. Extra point fails:

28-14 FH 5:07 left in the 2nd

Blocked Sentinel FG leaves the score 28-14 FH at the half.

New Oxford receives the 2nd half kickoff

So it comes down to this:

Will New Oxford pass and get big plays in the second half or can FH adjust and shut down the potentially dynamic Colonial offense?

Stay tuned, true believers!

It’s SUNDAY!

All you can eat Spaghetti dinner! Be there if you can!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT