ADVERTISEMENT

FH vs New Oxford

New Oxford doing their prep in the end zone. Lots of kids on that team as well. Hmm.

This team is going to go no huddle again and try to do a Wadsworth thing. Calling it

FH responds and scores.

35-21 4:11 left in the 3rd

I hope we keep playing this team. Good competition!

Reactions: ravemwp
End of the 3rd:

42-21 FH

I’ve never heard of a clipping penalty against a defense before. Oh well.

Daniels with 5TDs and over 200 yards. Brown looked good checking down his receivers. Defense made good adjustments in the second half, bring a safety over to back up the DB against their #4. Shut him down. Alot of players making good plays tonight.

And what's with the FH kicker playing defense, getting a couple personal fouls... ripping off helmets and getting called for tripping? Like Pat McAfee out there.

New Oxford did seem to just give up. Took out the starting QB pretty early, though he did get popped on that 4th down play. I think they wanted to just get out of there. They were getting kind of beat up. I know they were down a ton of points, but they were taking knees to end the game with a minute and a half left.

They were done.

Reactions: ravemwp and Dwj21
Brown has been very impressive the last few weeks.
He showed good poise in the pocket, not to mention a nice run. Impressive. I'm not 100% certain FH wins this game without this nice passing game. NO was doing a decent job early keeping runs short until the passing game exploded. Their coverage looked like they had their pants down.

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
New Oxford did seem to just give up. Took out the starting QB pretty early, though he did get popped on that 4th down play. I think they wanted to just get out of there. They were getting kind of beat up. I know they were down a ton of points, but they were taking knees to end the game with a minute and a half left.

They were done.
Exactly. The New Oxford QB pulled his groin to end the 3rd qtr. They had a good many kids go down. Coaches just wanted to get the heck out of there in the 4th. They conceded and milked the clock with subs.

This is why FH has trouble finding games. These are undefeated top-of-their-league teams getting physically whipped. Calling any team in the Gettysburg/York area now to play FH is useless.

Exactly. The New Oxford QB pulled his groin to end the 3rd qtr. They had a good many kids go down. Coaches just wanted to get the heck out of there in the 4th. They conceded and milked the clock with subs.

This is why FH has trouble finding games. These are undefeated top-of-their-league teams getting physically whipped. Calling any team in the Gettysburg/York area now to play FH is useless.

There are people on the MOCO board wanting a Fort Hill - Quince Orchard game in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: Dwj21
Physical football at this level is a thing of the past except in places like Allegany County. Thats the difference I see. Every single team is straight 3-5 receiver spread skill pass/run option bullshit out of shotgun. Every team. Its like hey, if we arent running spread we arent keeping up with the times. They have zero clue what running the ball with power is about. Linemen minus well be in a two point stance Nor do they have a clue how to stop it. FH and Alco making any attempt to evolve into a base spread offense might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It's better for recruiting I hear. LOL, no it isnt.

Last edited:

They were done.
You come to the stadium, you get the stadium treatment!

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54

Welcome to TITLE TOWN BABY!

Reactions: ravemwp

It probably doesn't help FH had their starting qb in the game with 1 minute to go with the game out of reach.

It might also be that up 3 td's late in the fourth FH has their starters in driving downfield for a 4 td lead. The game is over, why are you risking injuries and not giving backups some reps.
Having said that you have called a lot of things right this year! You said the db's would struggle for a while and they have. FH has given up a lot of long scores. I'd love to see #5 at safety all game long. You may give up some long plays but there aren't many guys he isn't going to track down.
The qb has come a long way! In addition they are finally letting him run a little, quite the weapon when used right.
You said this was going to be one of the most difficult schedules and stretches you've seen and you weren't kidding. NO was a quality team, and they were big and fast. What FH has done during this stretch is remarkable. From here on out it is 1A competition, let's see if the schedule has helped or maybe worn them down a bit.

Reactions: Dwj21 and ravemwp
Really good win for FH. They have ran the schedule gauntlet with great success, and are now a better team for it. If FH has an unsung hero award, I believe #25 is well deserving. Very unheralded, but this young man has spent all season making plays that don’t show up in the boxscore, but really shows up on film. He is always around the ball. One other thing that I'm a little perplexed about is FH offensive backfield rotation. It is very clear that Daniels, and Bender are the top two backs. I would like to see Ross takes more snaps with that pair. Todd Helmick likes to say speed kills, well it also creates opportunity. While Spencer, Willison, and Younger are fine players in their own right, especially on defense, they do not strike the same fear in a defense like Tristan Ross does the minute he steps on the field. Since his return from injury I think there has been an uptick in big plays for the FH offense when he is on the field. Not just by him, but by other skill guys as well. When he is on the field opposing defenses truly have to account for him, giving others opportunity for big plays. No offense to the others, they are good offensive players as well they just aren't the game changer that Ross is. I get the if it's not broken theory, but would really like to see FH use Daniels, Bender, and Ross together more often. Really Scary !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21 and Tony54
They should call DeMatha or Martinsburg, not cool to want to play people well below your weight class.
Fort Hill offered games to both Linganore and Martinsburg before this season - both turned them down. The Bulldogs specifically replied that they wanted more than AA WV points, and they didn't want to risk a loss.

Middletown was also asked to be on the schedule and they said they had an option of playing Mervo or FH. They went with Mervo, and got thumped.

It's unfortunate, but understandable. But let the record show FH is offering to play those teams.

Quince Orchard against fort hill would be quite the game. It’s too bad they aren’t playing each other.
I assume with a school the size of quince orchard, it would be similar to Wadsworth where they have a fresh offense and defense and not many if any two-way players. If that's the case, I don't think that's really a good matchup for Fort Hill.

11 vs 11 is one thing, I'd take FH against just about anyone. But 11 vs 11+11 is a whole different situation. It's not a problem of talent, its a problem of talent and numbers.

It probably doesn't help FH had their starting qb in the game with 1 minute to go with the game out of reach.

It might also be that up 3 td's late in the fourth FH has their starters in driving downfield for a 4 td lead. The game is over, why are you risking injuries and not giving backups some reps.
Having said that you have called a lot of things right this year! You said the db's would struggle for a while and they have. FH has given up a lot of long scores. I'd love to see #5 at safety all game long. You may give up some long plays but there aren't many guys he isn't going to track down.
The qb has come a long way! In addition they are finally letting him run a little, quite the weapon when used right.
You said this was going to be one of the most difficult schedules and stretches you've seen and you weren't kidding. NO was a quality team, and they were big and fast. What FH has done during this stretch is remarkable. From here on out it is 1A competition, let's see if the schedule has helped or maybe worn them down a bit.
New Oxford was only down 14 points to start the 4th qtr and had a quick strike passing game. Maybe they were down 21, cant remember. The game wasnt out of reach yet. But once their starting QB got pulled to close the 3rd qtr the Colonials coaches just conceded the game. Used every second of the play clock and safely handed the ball off. Again, down 14 with a full qtr to play and just wanted the game over. They had too many injuries on some of their best players.

Now FH having starters in at the end is another discussion.

Last edited:
Fort Hill offered games to both Linganore and Martinsburg before this season - both turned them down. The Bulldogs specifically replied that they wanted more than AA WV points, and they didn't want to risk a loss.

Middletown was also asked to be on the schedule and they said they had an option of playing Mervo or FH. They went with Mervo, and got thumped.

It's unfortunate, but understandable. But let the record show FH is offering to play those teams.
FH never asked Martinsburg for a game.

Really good win for FH. They have ran the schedule gauntlet with great success, and are now a better team for it. If FH has an unsung hero award, I believe #25 is well deserving. Very unheralded, but this young man has spent all season making plays that don’t show up in the boxscore, but really shows up on film. He is always around the ball. One other thing that I'm a little perplexed about is FH offensive backfield rotation. It is very clear that Daniels, and Bender are the top two backs. I would like to see Ross takes more snaps with that pair. Todd Helmick likes to say speed kills, well it also creates opportunity. While Spencer, Willison, and Younger are fine players in their own right, especially on defense, they do not strike the same fear in a defense like Tristan Ross does the minute he steps on the field. Since his return from injury I think there has been an uptick in big plays for the FH offense when he is on the field. Not just by him, but by other skill guys as well. When he is on the field opposing defenses truly have to account for him, giving others opportunity for big plays. No offense to the others, they are good offensive players as well they just aren't the game changer that Ross is. I get the if it's not broken theory, but would really like to see FH use Daniels, Bender, and Ross together more often. Scary !!!!
So true

I assume with a school the size of quince orchard, it would be similar to Wadsworth where they have a fresh offense and defense and not many if any two-way players. If that's the case, I don't think that's really a good matchup for Fort Hill.

11 vs 11 is one thing, I'd take FH against just about anyone. But 11 vs 11+11 is a whole different situation. It's not a problem of talent, its a problem of talent and numbers.
It would have been a great matchup this year. Quince Orchard is the only public Maryland high school team ranked above Fort Hill. Just to be the number one ranked public school in Maryland would be an incredible feat for a 1a school. Would have been a hell of a game this year. I doubt they are quite as good as a Wadsworth. The reality is, I didn’t think Fort Hill would be this good this year. I think we always have high expectations, but this team has exceeded them thus far.

Reactions: Dwj21
FH never asked Martinsburg for a game.
I'm just relaying the info reported to me from an off air radio discussion with Coach Alkire. If I got the relay wrong, I stand corrected from the hearsay.

Agree...."quantity" has its own unique "quality."

Quince Orchard against fort hill would be quite the game. It’s too bad they aren’t playing each other.
I know score comparison is not a full proof method but we will be closer to a FH-QO look after this week's BW-Stone Bridge game. SB only lost to QO 29-22 earlier in the season. Discussion worthy anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT