ADVERTISEMENT

FH secondary

I'm just joining in. Not trying to put anyone down here.

Martinsburg would get soundly beaten on a yearly basis by these local DC teams: St. John's, Gonzaga, DeMatha, Good Counsel. Yet they won't play these other DC area based teams instead choosing to play Woodson and Eastern. And hey, I'm not pointing fingers because everyone picks and chooses who to play or not. But if we are going to make comparisons between teams that don't play each other than I have to say...comparing FH to Cathedral Prep is about the same as comparing Martinsburg to DeMatha or St. Johns, which the fans are never going to see happen. So just give FH some credit for even agreeing to play this game.

On another level...I see no difference between Maryland 1A ball and West Virginia AAA ball in that there is ZERO competition for Martinsburg at the West Virginia AAA level.

Martinsburg would get soundly beaten on a yearly basis by these local DC teams: St. John's, Gonzaga, DeMatha, Good Counsel. Yet they won't play these other DC area based teams instead choosing to play Woodson and Eastern. And hey, I'm not pointing fingers because everyone picks and chooses who to play or not. But if we are going to make comparisons between teams that don't play each other than I have to say...comparing FH to Cathedral Prep is about the same as comparing Martinsburg to DeMatha or St. Johns, which the fans are never going to see happen. So just give FH some credit for even agreeing to play this game.

On another level...I see no difference between Maryland 1A ball and West Virginia AAA ball in that there is ZERO competition for Martinsburg at the West Virginia AAA level.
Martinsburg makes WV Triple A look like an absolute fu**ing joke year in year out

I agree with you 100% the talent they have year in and out is more of a 3a in Maryland imo And yes those schools would dominate martinsburg no question I’m a realist I’m not saying martinsburg is the greatest high school football team in the nation but I know they’re a notch ahead of a lot of football programs just like there are football programs a notch ahead of them.

I agree with you 100% the talent they have year in and out is more of a 3a in Maryland imo And yes those schools would dominate martinsburg no question I’m a realist I’m not saying martinsburg is the greatest high school football team in the nation but I know they’re a notch ahead of a lot of football programs just like there are football programs a notch ahead of them.

You are being very humble. Martinsburg is an incredible football program. When it is all said and done...whenever that may be...Martinsburg may do what no one has ever done in this part of the country in terms of winning games and championships. Much respect. I just don't think Martinsburg can compete with the big private schools who can ball much like FH cannot compete with the medium sized private schools who can ball.

You are being very humble. Martinsburg is an incredible football program. When it is all said and done...whenever that may be...Martinsburg may do what no one has ever done in this part of the country in terms of winning games and championships. Much respect.
Absolutely

But truly here’s the issue I have why does Cumberland football fans always bring up martinsburg in these threads? Like I never see any mburg fans bringing up Cumberland football.
You are being very humble. Martinsburg is an incredible football program. When it is all said and done...whenever that may be...Martinsburg may do what no one has ever done in this part of the country in terms of winning games and championships. Much respect. I just don't think Martinsburg can compete with the big private schools who can ball much like FH cannot compete with the medium sized private schools who can ball.
yessir always have been I’m very big fan of the Cumberland football scene honestly, I was on the 2010 state championship team, I moved out here in 2013 met my wife had kids and now just enjoying the high school football scene out here i wish the eastern panhandle had a tradition that alco and fort hill have one of the best experiences I’ve had out here.

But truly here’s the issue I have why does Cumberland football fans always bring up martinsburg in these threads? Like I never see any mburg fans bringing up Cumberland football.

yessir always have been I’m very big fan of the Cumberland football scene honestly, I was on the 2010 state championship team, I moved out here in 2013 met my wife had kids and now just enjoying the high school football scene out here i wish the eastern panhandle had a tradition that alco and fort hill have one of the best experiences I’ve had out here.
The answer to that question is to simply either rag on FH, or for the FH fans to have some pipedream about the schools renewing the rivalry

Reactions: Harleydeuce
All this talk now I wanna see a cp vs Martinsburg game..

A great opponent for Martinsburg would be Harrisburg...only 90 minutes away, not on the level of a St. Joe's Prep or WCAC power but one of the top public school teams in PA the last few years...both -burg teams...seems like a natural matchup.

Reactions: redtheperson

It goes deeper than football. 25 years ago you had two areas of comparable size and Allegany and FH were beating Martinsburg more times than not, though it was almost always tough games. Jealousy and envy might not be the right words, but since then the areas have gone in completely different directions both economically and in football. Cumberland is dying, Allegany football is racing it to the grave, and although FH has carved out success it's not at the same caliber as as it was all those years ago.

We look at Martinsburg and say that was us 25-30 years ago. From that moment, two paths emerged from a yellow wood and Cumberland is sorry it did not travel the other path. We took the one that no one travels by, and that has made all the difference.

It goes deeper than football. 25 years ago you had two areas of comparable size and Allegany and FH were beating Martinsburg more times than not, though it was almost always tough games. Jealousy and envy might not be the right words, but since then the areas have gone in completely different directions both economically and in football. Cumberland is dying, Allegany football is racing it to the grave, and although FH has carved out success it's not at the same caliber as as it was all those years ago.

We look at Martinsburg and say that was us 25-30 years ago. From that moment, two paths emerged from a yellow wood and Cumberland is sorry it did not travel the other path. We took the one that no one travels by, and that has made all the difference.
I agree with you all 100% like I said im a realistic individual by any means i am not the Martinsburg fan that is going to sit up here and tell you that martinsburg could beat any and every team you put in front of them, but to me CP is a martinsburg caliber opponent, everything I seen CP do last night was like watching martinsburg just a tad bit slower.

Next time they play its Cumberland high vs Martinsburg... and honestly I dont think any team from the last 10 years would hang with Martinsburg...
You definitely could compare before hill teams that had Johnson barns and that huge offense of an defense of lines.

The Allegany people bring up Martinsburg in these threads because, as with Dunbar, they can do something the Campers cannot. They live vicariously now through other schools.

Reactions: money316

That might be the best post on this topic I have read. Your words are true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT