ADVERTISEMENT

FH secondary

St. Ed lost the first game of the season I just researched them and it seems they are over ranked because of the year they had last year, they will end up falling a good bit. They are good teams. They aren’t 1A/2A football they aren’t world beaters either

Its not the secondary its the coverage. They should be playing cover 2..( 2 safties) have one safety over the top. They're playing man to man bump in run against a way more talented team. Which is a no no. Man to man is for when you can match up and or dominate your oponent.. Corners need zone help. They should be in zone coverage.. Just my honest opinion

Must be something crazy this season because I could not agree with you more. Tight bump and run? With zero pressure? Suicide. Even if FH wanted to stay man, at least put a cushion between you and the receiver. If after 10 strsight long completions that looked so easy, change up something.

Not that it mattered other than the difference on the margin of victory because FH could not beat this team if they played 20 times. FH defense had 2 sophomores and a junior in the secondary at spots none of them ever pkayed. White at safety, Stafford at corner. Way too much to ask those kids to cover man to man.

I was starting to believe the Kool-Aid that lagmeister was spitting out about all the talent that Ford Hill has. Unfortunately 5 foot 4 145 pound kids can’t cover 6 foot tall kids that are fast. LOL
So are you saying he shouldn't be a db because of his size? Beware of questioning the fh coaches who never ever make mistakes or put people in positions they shouldn't be in. Will he still be a db if and when they play Dunbar because if so, look for more of the same.
I'm waiting for those who thought it would be another Melbourne like game with fh scoring a lot and being in it or winning to give me their recaps...what did you see that most of us weren't?

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
St. Ed lost the first game of the season I just researched them and it seems they are over ranked because of the year they had last year, they will end up falling a good bit. They are good teams. They aren’t 1A/2A football they aren’t world beaters either

The world beaters are the Mater Dei’s, Bosco’s and teams like that are consistently at the top. But to say CP is not high level is silly. Isn’t their QB being courted by Penn State?

Do you even know who Mentor is? The team that beat St. Edward and St. Ignatius back to back is favored to win D1 Ohio title.

Reactions: papride1 and Tony54
So are you saying he shouldn't be a db because of his size? Beware of questioning the fh coaches who never ever make mistakes or put people in positions they shouldn't be in. Will he still be a db if and when they play Dunbar because if so, look for more of the same.
I'm waiting for those who thought it would be another Melbourne like game with fh scoring a lot and being in it or winning to give me their recaps...what did you see that most of us weren't?
I’m not questioning the coaches. They know what players they have. I’m just saying that Cathedral prep and a lot of other schools have way more talent than Fort Hill does. For Hill is just a well coached small school football program

I’m not questioning the coaches. They know what players they have. I’m just saying that Cathedral prep and a lot of other schools have way more talent than Fort Hill does. For Hill is just a well coached small school football program
agreed, it just sucks that we don't have anybody 6' to play db.

The qb is ranked around 30 in PA and he is being recruited, he’s had offers. Not sure if Penn State gave him an offer yet but they are showing interest is what 247 says

Last edited:
Mentor is ranked #11 in the country by Max Preps. They beat Ed's by a Touchdown first game of the year. They will most likely meet again in the playoffs. Mentors most recent notable grad is some guy named Trubisky. It is 1 of the Premier programs in Ohio, along with Ed's. Preps freshman played Ed's freshman last night. Ed's freshman dressed 82 kids! (ED's won 7-0) Both Mentor and Ed's have been consistently ranked nationally for the last 7-8 years or more. Prep has played 1 or the other or both the last 4-5 seasons.

Fort hill is a medium size 1 A school playing a regionally prominent private. Lol. It would be like Frostburg playing Pitt. If you all don’t see that as a relevant example then you don’t want to see it.

Reactions: redtheperson
Good deal. Who did you see them play this year?

I went to their scrimmage when they played PH and Massaponnex (however you spell it) haven’t seen any regular season games in person but I’ve watched the sherando and Academy Park games Live on YouTube (WRNR)

No doubt in my mind Burg beats that team. Rankings are one thing, matchups and team strengths are another. The game has to be played on the field not by computer systems. Calpreps had FH winning 31-30 neutral field after Prep lost two games, not relevant IMO. But I can’t say definitively that I’m correct until I see it. I just base my predictions off schemes and matchups, that is teams I’ve seen in person. (The pickems we do with a bunch of bad football schools that I haven’t seen in person doesn’t count to me lol) Burg has legit D1 talent at each level on O and D

Last edited:
burg stands no chance against prep
martinsburg guy here I’ve been living in the area for about 61/2 years now been watching a lot of fort hill football and I was at the game tonight and honestly martinsburg would beat cathedral prep a lot more speed than cathedral prep, if it was up to me I would love for martinsburg to schedule cathedral prep the past 4 years. I may sound biased but martinsburg also has a lot more weapons and speed on their team.

You have to see martinsburg to understand where I’m coming from honestly.

Maybe so. However FH has 700 students. The team is made up of south Cumberland kids. Martinsburg gets the best football kids in Jefferson and Berkeley counties and you are a 4 A school. Fh owned Da burg in the 80’s and 90’s when we were of equal size.

Maybe so. However FH has 700 students. The team is made up of south Cumberland kids. Martinsburg gets the best football kids in Jefferson and Berkeley counties and you are a 4 A school. Fh owned Da burg in the 80’s and 90’s when we were of equal size.
Yessir I am aware! Though times have changed!

Yessir I am aware! Though times have changed!
But in recent years fort hill and martinsburg would still be good games! Specifically 13,14 and 15. I would say 13 and 14 team getting martinsburg pretty good in those years.

Reactions: Tony54
But in recent years fort hill and martinsburg would still be good games! Specifically 13,14 and 15. I would say 13 and 14 team getting martinsburg pretty good in those years.

Leeky, we all know those FH teams were special, the size, talent and speed of those years were once in a generation. It is very different now, like we say, “ there’s levels to this sh*t”

Leeky, we all know those FH teams were special, the size, talent and speed of those years were once in a generation
I agree 100%. As a martinsburg fan I still love to watch fort hill play no matter if they would beat martinsburg or not, in my opinion both programs have a great tradition no matter who they play.

Reactions: CometCrazy21
Leeky, we all know those FH teams were special, the size, talent and speed of those years were once in a generation. It is very different now, like we say, “ there’s levels to this sh*t”
All the FH state title teams could've hung with Martinsburg. Not that it really matters because these are all hypotheticals, and the two teams will never and I repeat Never play again.

I was wrong. From 1980-1999 FH is only 12-8 against the bulldogs. Martinsburg has owned the Sentinels in this century.

All the FH state title teams could've hung with Martinsburg. Not that it really matters because these are all hypotheticals, and the two teams will never and I repeat Never play again.
With all due respect martinsburg is better than every team FH has played in their state championship run, to be honest spring valley is probably better then fort hill in the past 3 years.

Next time they play its Cumberland high vs Martinsburg... and honestly I dont think any team from the last 10 years would hang with Martinsburg...

Reactions: cumbfanatic
With all due respect martinsburg is better than every team FH has played in their state championship run, to be honest spring valley is probably better then fort hill in the past 3 years.
The only team FH has played in that run that holds to Martinsburg is Friendship

I know in past years Martinsburg and friendship were good games with martinsburg coming out in top, recent years possibly a good game for both programs.
---------------------------------------
Martinsburg hasn't played Friendship DC since 2008
2008 Martinsburg 28 Friendship 22
2007 Martinsburg 21 Friendship 14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT