ADVERTISEMENT

Dunbar FH game

Wow you would honestly rather have a win over Allegany than a State Championship? I'm speechless...
yes! absolutely. no doubt about it. i'm not interested in what anybody thinks it's what i think. i'm not speaking for the fh community. so please don't question my "truth", i don't question yours.

yes! absolutely. no doubt about it. i'm not interested in what anybody thinks it's what i think. i'm not speaking for the fh community. so please don't question my "truth", i don't question yours.
Wow! Sad. I guess when you lose the title a meaningless regular season game is all you got left.

No he's talking about the playoff win over Alco.. That win was way better than a record 5th straight State Championship...

No he's talking about the playoff win over Alco.. That win was way better than a record 5th straight State Championship...

Lmao these posts are too funny...
is this funny?
there are no units of measure that give alco an advantage except state titles
alco 8-6
fh:
59-32
11 straight
10 straight hc's
playoff appearances 31-24
playoff wins 46-38
playoff consecutive wins 19-10
consecutive titles 4-2
last title fh 2016 alco 2005

could it possibly be the reason a state title is more important to you because that is the only stat where you have an edge?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
is this funny?
alco 8-6
fh:
59-32
11 straight
10 straight hc's
playoff wins 46-38
consecutive titles 4-2

could it possibly be the reason a state title is more important to you because that is the only stat where you have an edge?

Not trying to stir the pot here because that's not my thing.. but as an Alco guy (who has great respect for FH's tradition) in the 90's when I started playing youth league, even back then we were coached that winning states is the ultimate goal. I mean of course locally, beating FH (or the Patriots back then) was a very important game week, no question. But the holy grail for us was the state championship.

Those lines have crossed a lot more lately I think because both teams are in the same class now competing for the same title. Back then, 90's and early 2000's, FH was in 2A and we were obviously in 1A.. so the end game for both schools was a little different because of that.

Not trying to stir the pot here because that's not my thing.. but as an Alco guy (who has great respect for FH's tradition) in the 90's when I started playing youth league, even back then we were coached that winning states is the ultimate goal. I mean of course locally, beating FH (or the Patriots back then) was a very important game week, no question. But the holy grail for us was the state championship.

Those lines have crossed a lot more lately I think because both teams are in the same class now competing for the same title. Back then, 90's and early 2000's, FH was in 2A and we were obviously in 1A.. so the end game for both schools was a little different because of that.
my mother, who is 90 years old, and still follows every game, has an opinion on this. i read her this thread and here's what she said "i'd rather fh lose 9 games and beat allegany, than win 9 games and lose to allegany". i'm a little older so perhaps it is a generational thing or maybe that's just where i got it but i doubt either of us are going to change our minds at this point in our lives.

There's definitely some generational aspects to it. Anyone who is older than say, 60 remembers a time when Homecoming (Turkey Day) was the end of the year, so it absolutely meant more to beat Alco than anything. That got passed down to their kids, my generation (40 and up), and with the lack of state titles that FH won for so many years, it kind of stuck. So while I can understand the sentiment, I think it is starting to change some.

Especially now that Homecoming itself is, 90% of the time, not the game against the crosstown rival that holds the most weight. But again, you still have to win that second game to even have a chance at the title.

Rivalries are a special thing. I mean if you ask an OSU alum rather they would win a national title or beat Michigan...I'm not convinced that you would get an overwhelming slant to the national title choice.

Me personally? I like the state titles. And as a 40 something FH fan...that's a new feeling for me lol.

is this funny?
alco 8-6
fh:
59-32
11 straight
10 straight hc's
playoff wins 46-38
consecutive titles 4-2

What else matters but titles? The Steelers have a losing record to the Jags, Bears, Eagles and Rams. You're saying all four of those are better franchises than the Steelers? Get bent.

The best feature about this site is the ignore user setting. Works like a charm gentleman and ladies.

The best thing about this site is the entertainment you get from reading the posts of morons who actually think they're intelligent.
FortHillFan89 is worth weight in Coop's Buns in that regard.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
is this funny?
alco 8-6
fh:
59-32
11 straight
10 straight hc's
playoff wins 46-38
consecutive titles 4-2

I said the dude that posted Alcos title shouldn't count was 2 funny... Didn't say anything about Alco being better than FH.. We all know Alco brags about State Titles and FH brags about Homecoming.. I am proud of both Cumberland schools.. We have 2 of the best teams every yr. Both schools have over 600 wins each.. Cumberland Football is very strong and will be contenders for many more years to come..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT