ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Title Game FH vs MR

Just watched the replay. On an unrelated topic, does anyone really think the cheerleaders need to shake the players hands after the games? Not sure where it started, but it is stupid. Shake the other cheerleaders hands, but stop going through the football line.

Fort Hill could have beaten 4 of the other 5 state champs this year. However, you guys that say MR could beat Dunbar, Stephen Decatur or Oakdale are living on Planet Delusional. MR did not trounce everybody they played this year. Frankfort, Alco and Northern took them to the wire in the regular season. Yes, they blew out all of their playoff opponents, but such is the state of 1A football in the state of Maryland. Congrats to the Sentinels!

Fort Hill could have beaten 4 of the other 5 state champs this year. However, you guys that say MR could beat Dunbar, Stephen Decatur or Oakdale are living on Planet Delusional. MR did not trounce everybody they played this year. Frankfort, Alco and Northern took them to the wire in the regular season. Yes, they blew out all of their playoff opponents, but such is the state of 1A football in the state of Maryland. Congrats to the Sentinels!
I watched Stephen Decatur and Dunbar play. They are not very good.. I really do believe that Mountain Ridge would have beaten both of them those teams easy. As far as Oakdale goes. Both played Alco. Judging on those games I would say mountain ridge and Oakdale would be a very good game.

When you say Fort Hill would beat four out of five champions. I am assuming you’re thinking Wise would beat Fort Hill. I wouldn’t assume that either. Fort hill finished as the number one public school in Maryland.. if Coach Alkire did not put his second string in for most of the second half you’re looking at 5 to 8 touchdown wins throughout the playoffs. In that case, even Cal preps would have Fort Hill beating Wise handily.

It’s too bad they weren’t able to play each other but if I had to bet big money, I would pick Fort Hill over them also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21
Where is Wise? I think FH would have a tough time against Wise. There isn’t a 1A, 2A or 3A that can beat FH
The beginning of October I thought the only public school that had a chance with FH was Wise and at the time I thought Wise would be a very tough game for FH. Now I think FH will beat Wise probably by 2 or 3 scores.

• Love
Reactions: Dwj21
The beginning of October I thought the only public school that had a chance with FH was Wise and at the time I thought Wise would be a very tough game for FH. Now I think FH will beat Wise probably by 2 or 3 scores.
Me too

Good post. Right on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT