ADVERTISEMENT

Alco vs. Mountain Ridge moved to Saturday night

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
I just received an email from our local referee association that the game was moved from Friday to Saturday night at 7:30. It is now listed on the MPSSAA website that it is Saturday night at 7:30. I believe the move may have been made due to availability of officials.

This is super for many that want to see FH vs. Northern Friday night, then Alco vs. Mtn Ridge on Saturday.

Reactions: Tony54 and ravemwp
I just received an email from our local referee association that the game was moved from Friday to Saturday night at 7:30. It is now listed on the MPSSAA website that it is Saturday night at 7:30. I believe the move may have been made due to availability of officials.

This is super for many that want to see FH vs. Northern Friday night, then Alco vs. Mtn Ridge on Saturday.

Will Commercial Video do both games now?

Not all officials are created equal. Maybe wanting to use only higher graded officials. Or the possibility of bigger gates for each game. Don't ever tell me money isn't part of the equation.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
F
Not all officials are created equal. Maybe wanting to use only higher graded officials. Or the possibility of bigger gates for each game. Don't ever tell me money isn't part of the equation.
Five of the PVAA officials (white caps) are on a playoff game at Jefferson on Friday. Yes, availability of quality officials.

There would've only been 2 games for Friday. How aren’t there enough refs?
some do WV and MD and with playoffs in WV and playoffs in MD in our area can be hard to cover because you have to be a Class 3 Official in WV to do a playoff game and if that were to happen with the officials shortage in the area the best officials would have to work in WV and The MD Schools would suffer because the quality of officials available would not be good. Might have 1st or 2nd year guys working a game like Alco at Mt. Ridge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT