ADVERTISEMENT

Dunbar FH game

The better coached team won.

Great season, Sentinels. You hung in there with the Baltimore all-stars and should be proud of how you played!

Gavin screwed those kids especially Troy banks. How does Troy only touch the ball 10 times in the second half. The kid is averaging 5 yards a carry but instead run a QB role out. Bad offensive play calling was the difference.

What about running some screens from the shotgun? Would've given #3 an extra second to throw.

After running the cross to Harden, I thought maybe they might've woken up.

Reactions: camper21502
It was a good game with 2 good teams. Dunbar is a class act, FH is as well. After the game the Dunbar coach told the team, act like you have been here before.

What about running some screens from the shotgun? Would've given #3 an extra second to throw.

After running the cross to Harden, I thought maybe they might've woken up.
I thought once the QB fumbled and the pocket collapsed under slow developing pass routes they would have realized this wasn’t the QB’s day

Gavin screwed those kids especially Troy banks. How does Troy only touch the ball 10 times in the second half. The kid is averaging 5 yards a carry but instead run a QB role out. Bad offensive play calling was the difference.
For those who didn't hear pregame, as is becoming a pattern, Coach said something he should not have said. He threw one of his players under the bus at the pre game interview. I won't mention the name because on this board most people respect a minor's rights whether it's good/bad/injury related..etc... The announcer asked him about the star of last week's game and the amazing blocked kicks. He said the players name and that the kid was so difficult, gave him headaches, that when the cameras and the lights are off on friday night that he's a different person. He went on to say he's a great wrestler but unlike last year when he couldn't participate the whole year because of his grades he was working on doing better this year. Is that even legal to say that? You can't discuss medical stuff but can you announce on the radio a student's grades? I can't imagine being that kid, his parents, his siblings, relatives, and hearing these comments.
As much as I feel bad for these kids he didn't deserve to get credit for another title. It's been mentioned several times over the years he's not going to coach much longer. For his own mental and physical health that may not be such a bad idea. As much as he hates the mpssaa, the playoff system, everybody who has an opinion that doesn't praise fh, and the amount of time he as to spend away from his family to coach, he seems like a miserable human being.

Allegany figured out how to defend the FH offense. I agree he has made some bad comments to the public. It is time for him to step down.

"We had to play team's that we shouldn't of had to in order to get here. I would love to know what he means by this?" He never seems to have anything good to say after a loss. Always seems to be an excuse. You would think, with how few times he has lost in his career, he would just chalk it up and come up with something positive to say instead.

Like a movie says, you got a praise Him when you when you got a praise Him when you lose.

Great season for both Cumberland teams . Way to represent in the playoffs. Will see you both back next year

Reactions: 5punisher3
Science proved what worked in the 1st half... I leave it at that...
Agree 1,000%. I bet you that if you told FH coaches that they only had to score one TD in the second half of the game and they win a week ago they would of said where do i sign. Both coaching staffs made adjustments.

Well, Dunbar was Dunbar. They didn't get bigger, faster or tougher. The difference is that Fort Hill didn't have anybody that could break away up the middle and gain 200 yards. You know, the young man apparently being cheated out of POY by the town red-jackets.
Hey guys lags back, where we’re you for the last 4 weeks? Had to wait for fort hill to lose in order to show back up on this board?

Reactions: towpath94
For those who didn't hear pregame, as is becoming a pattern, Coach said something he should not have said. He threw one of his players under the bus at the pre game interview. I won't mention the name because on this board most people respect a minor's rights whether it's good/bad/injury related..etc... The announcer asked him about the star of last week's game and the amazing blocked kicks. He said the players name and that the kid was so difficult, gave him headaches, that when the cameras and the lights are off on friday night that he's a different person. He went on to say he's a great wrestler but unlike last year when he couldn't participate the whole year because of his grades he was working on doing better this year. Is that even legal to say that? You can't discuss medical stuff but can you announce on the radio a student's grades? I can't imagine being that kid, his parents, his siblings, relatives, and hearing these comments.
As much as I feel bad for these kids he didn't deserve to get credit for another title. It's been mentioned several times over the years he's not going to coach much longer. For his own mental and physical health that may not be such a bad idea. As much as he hates the mpssaa, the playoff system, everybody who has an opinion that doesn't praise fh, and the amount of time he as to spend away from his family to coach, he seems like a miserable human being.

Something has been rotten this year that started with the attempted video scheme. And then we experienced the post game meltdown over a single loss. Even the 'we played a 2A team' had a classlessness about it.

I believe the loss was karma on the coach. The talented young men who played for FH will develop character over the loss. They will be better for it.

Hey guys lags back, where we’re you for the last 4 weeks? Had to wait for fort hill to lose in order to show back up on this board?

I had nothing to respond to after the refs screwed Allegany. And, I believe I posted as much. Anyway, what good would it have done to state that I had a feeling that things would catch up with Appel.

I had nothing to respond to after the refs screwed Allegany. And, I believe I posted as much. Anyway, what good would it have done to state that I had a feeling that things would catch up with Appel.
Thought you didn’t “give a shit” or something to that effect about the FH, alco game?

"We had to play team's that we shouldn't of had to in order to get here. I would love to know what he means by this?" He never seems to have anything good to say after a loss. Always seems to be an excuse. You would think, with how few times he has lost in his career, he would just chalk it up and come up with something positive to say instead.

When you are in a small town and most folks in it believe you are some kind of god, eventually you believe it yourself. You think you are entitled to freely pass out judgment on others for any perceived failures.

He doesn't like the schedule because he lost a game and almost lost another.two. He doesn't think he should have to play Lackey or Dunbar because they were, I repeat were, 2a. Guess what? FH was 2a once too!.
As a fh fan it sickens me to lose. I understand his disappointment, but EVERY time he wins he thanks god and his family, he should stick to those talking points during pre game and after losses too, and think of how he'd feel if somebody was talking on the radio about his son.

karma works both ways - 56-21, 21-20 how soon they forget :)
it might just be me, but i'll take two wins over alco over one state championship any day.

Well, that's fine. Countless times I have posted that I would like to see Allegany win homecoming but see FH win the championship because they represent Cumberland better. This year, sorry. That went away. I saw the championship game because it was on an hdtv station down here.

karma works both ways - 56-21, 21-20 how soon they forget :)
it might just be me, but i'll take two wins over alco over one state championship any day.
That might just be you lol. Allegany has dare I say it turned into cheap meat and winning state titles will always be better.

That might just be you lol. Allegany has dare I say it turned into cheap meat and winning state titles will always be better.

Maybe that is what Dunbar is really thinking about FH. When do you think FH will get 8?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT