ADVERTISEMENT

BW

Yavuz Gultekin pulled his commitment to VA Tech with the departure of Coach Buzz Williams Yavuz wants to consider other options.

I see this constantly in every sport. Kids commit to a coach, not a school. Which never made sense considering the fact that the coach who recruited you is more than likely not going to be around by the time that kid is a senior. The coaching carousel, from assistants to head coaches, is insane.

BW senior guard Callum Baker committed to Farleigh Dickinson University today, a nice low/mid major landing spot for him. That makes 2 commits to D1 schools along with Gultekin to Texas A&M, Olivier Nkamhoua is expected to choose by the end of the month probably between Pitt, Illinois, and Tennessee.

Reactions: otnorot
Mikey Allen 8th Grade Highlights:

A really, really good player as an 8th grader.

I’m certain he is working on it, but when he goes to the left for a layup or a close to the basket shot on the left side, he is using his right hand to shoot the ball. No doubt, this can be corrected and make him an even better player.

On a really selfish note...I wanted to see him playing football.

Yes, he would be a star on the football fiend and fun to watch. He will have awesome opportunities in the BW bb program.

Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua committed to Tennessee today, best of luck to him. He seems like a great young man with a ton of potential.

From a logistics standpoint I don't know if the AC gym is all that much bigger than BW's as far as seating goes but it is a nice move to have the Bob Kirk tournament at Bob Kirk Arena. The quality at this year's tournament was amazing so I anticipate more of the same next year as well.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
BW unanimously voted Area boys basketball champion by the Times-News. Congrats! All Area team should be interesting considering few if any of the best players will be from this area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT