ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a Prediction for the 2 big games this week???

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
1. FH 21 Sherando 20- Sherando down 21-14 late in the 4th, then bang they score. They go for the win with a 2pt. conversion but they get stuffed...
2. Alco 14 Northern 13- Huskies missed extra point comes back to haunt them...

I will take Fort Hill and Allegany in these games both will be good games. I would really like to see Northern win for personel reasons but it is what it is so I will pick the way I have this time.

FH has not faced defence like Sherando's, but Sherando hasn't face an offence like FH's.

FH 23
Sherando 21

Northern 14
Allegany 12

I hate to make a prediction for the FH game, as I really have no idea what to expect from Sherando. But even a decent defense like Keyser still allowed FH 42 points. Not sure about the flip side, so I'll be cautious:

Fort Hill 27 Sherando 20

As for Allegany/Northern - I just think Alco wins this game. Hunch

Alco 22 Northern 14

The key on offense will be if the FH center can contain the nose guard of Sherando. He's giving away 85 plus pounds, if not, that will take away the fb. I would suspect that FH will see at least 8 people within a few yards of the line of scrimmage.

All I want to see is.... give a me a seam or post pattern to the TE....just once in my life-time. It would be great to open with. That will make them think twice of crowding the line. I would bet the house that if he can catch the ball there will not be a person within 10-15 yards of him.

FH- 41
Sherando-20

Allegany - 26
Northern- 13

This is one of the best Fort Hill teams in the last few years. Def the best offensive team. Sherando will not keep up with the offense. Everyone must forget Alco dominated Mt. Ridge. Alco had breakdowns and mistakes. Penalties a turnover which led to a Mt. Ridge td and gave up a 99 yard td pass which was all the Ridges offense. Alco 20 - Northern 13. Fort Hill 41 Sherando 27

I added up everyones predictions so far then divided them to get the avg.score and it looks like this..
FH 31 Sherando 22
Alco 15 Northern 15

The Allegany/Northern game is a difficult one to predict. I think that is telling in that the average score of everyone is 15-15. Let's not forget that one Allegany touchdown in that game was a 80+ yard touchdown run, Another was set up by a 83 yard run, and yet another was on a fourth down and 6. Allegany did execute those plays so they deserve the credit. But to say that it was a domination I think is a bit much. Allegany did have those turnovers which to be honest kept Mountain Ridge in the game in the first half. I will give you that.

Allegany had two turnovers in the first half in their own end. Mountain Ridge only converted one of them into points. The Miners also had a long drive that started at their 20 and ended at the goal line. Allegany defense did get the sack on third down which made the fourth down play come from the 17 instead of inside the 10 so give them credit. My point in bringing that up is how will the Camper defense stand against the Northern rushing game. They will not make the same stupid penalties that will cost them like MR did. They also will run the ball. They don't pass much. If Northern doesn't turn the ball over and they can run the ball it will be a long night for Alco. If the Huskies have turnovers and the Camper defense can stop the run that Northern is done. They have nothing else.

Reactions: eastsidebulldogs
Want to let you 'old farts' (60+) who'll be attending FH/Sherando to check the poster outside the gate before purchasing a ticket. It will tell you if you get a free pass saving a BIG $5. This seems to be governed by county in VA and not school. Sherando is in Fredrick County. Fairfax County offers free seniors admission for 60+ yo, and Loudoun County 62+ yo.

I predicted before the season FH would lose 3 games (Keyser, Curley & Sherando). I wish I wouldn't have made that prediction, now, but I'll stay with it for the sake of sticking to my word. I hope I'm WRONG and FH pulls out the victory.

Sherando 35 FH 28
Northern 34 Alco 24

Reactions: mike48
screenhunter_03-dec-10-1329-1.jpg

LOL. Just having fun. Looking very forward to visiting Sherando and taking in their great football program and traditions. Thanks also goes out to their AD Jason Barbe for making this trip so easy to manage. FYI...FH freshmen will be playing at Sherando this evening for a 5:30 pm kickoff.

screenhunter_03-dec-10-1329-1.jpg

LOL. Just having fun. Looking very forward to visiting Sherando and taking in their great football program and traditions. Thanks also goes out to their AD Jason Barbe for making this trip so easy to manage. FYI...FH freshmen will be playing at Sherando this evening for a 5:30 pm kickoff.
No prediction Todd?

Fort Hill 31 Sherando 28. Go Big Red, Keyser needs the bonus point:D. Finishing 6th or 7th for Keyser is better than 7th or 8th, keeps them out of Bridgeport's bracket.

I have only seen one game each for Allegany and Northern, but from a neutral viewpoint Northern seemed to be much stouter up front on both sides of the ball. I understand that one game is not much to base an opinion on but I will have to go with Northern 28 -Allegany 14

Sherando 53 FH 4. Sherando gifts 2 safetys to the Sentinels for making the trip. FH finishes with -82 rushing yards

Allegany 19 Northern 15
Fh will run and they will be successful.... One thing forthill "knows " is the run game... If you stop them they will keep jamming it down your throat that just good ol fh football

Reactions: towpath94
All you,guys thinking FH is going to score 40 plus are living in LaLA land. Who do you think you are playing? Lol

You'll find out!! We know your team inside out. Options, fade, slants, halfback pass, little outside passes and your running game. Your offense will be shutdown !

Lol we haven't thrown a halfback pass once this year, but ok. Glad you think your on point. I keep telling you all, nobody will win the game running the ball against us, you will have to do more than that. How is that passing game? Never here you all talk about that much, is your QB mobile, can he run? Can he throw the ball?

Word is Coach Appel has met with the Sherando coach and they have agreed it is ok for the FH players to get the Sherando players autographs at halftime instead of the usual halftime festivities. This will also cut down on the time allotted for halftime so that Sherando can get to bed early for their trip to scrimmage Ohio State on Saturday. Cardale Jones wasnt benched, he asked not to play this week.

From the "what it's worth department" -

• Sherando beat Martinsburg 21 - 14 (Indications are that Carter Walburn, Martinsburg's 6'3 and 215 pound QB and outside LB did not play in the game.)
  • Sherando beat Washington 28 - 0
  • Martinsburg beat Washington 16 -7
  • Frankfort (Yes, as bad a year as the Falcons are having) beat Washington 16 - 14
  • Keyser beat Fort Hill 48 - 41
  • U. S. A. Today Predictor has Keyser over Frankfort 48 - 14 (They play tomorrow night.)
  • U. S. A. Today Predictor has Fort Hill over Sherando 36 - 22
Just for giggles, U. S. A. Today Predictor has Sherando over South Hagerstown 22 - 20. Fort Hill beat South Hagerstown 47 - 26.

This should be a great game!

The game will be won or lost on the field by high school players (not by adults sitting behind their computers), and by this time tomorrow night we will know the outcome.

I like Fort Hill's chances in this game.

Reactions: hbpass2
I think Sherando is a fantastic team. But the entire "no one will run on us" argument seems to be far fetched to me when you look at how well FH runs the ball. And it's not just the three backs that are capable now, they have that QB who can burn as well. Pick your poison.

I don't know enough about Sherando to make a prediction, but it seems to me that this will be a dogfight, and I personally think Fort Hill is the better team coming in.

I am not saying that you won't get some yards running the ball, I am just saying that it is very difficult to beat Sherando if you are a 95 percent run team. I have seen that you guys have been a very effective run team, was just asking about your pass game. How is it?

Because I enjoyed MCsoccerplex's post, here is another from the "for what it's worth department:"

Oakdale, who is just 4 spots ahead of Fort Hill in the MD State Poll, beat Washington 60-3.

Fort hill won't need to pass the ball. They'll run it down the field and keep Sherando's offense off the field.

I just want to get it on record, I'm no Fort Hill fan. Just an area football follower and I know Fort Hill's running game just flat out rarely gets shut down.

I'm a Keyser fan. Fort Hill folks told us before the game this year that if we were only relying on the run, we couldn't beat them. Then we relied on the run and we ended up beating them. I believe the same principle is at play here. Teams that are good at running the ball (and I don't mean against just weak competition) normally can run on most teams, even teams that have a good defensive front. Fort Hill will be able to get yardage and will be able to keep themselves alive in this game via running the football. I agree they'll have to have something other than straight wing-t to do so, but with their QB they have in place, Sherando will be in a pick your poison scenario. If Sherando lets Fort Hill get cranking, their offense won't see the field that much because FH can play 4 yards and a cloud of dust style football and keep you off the field. I want to see if Sherando can contain the Brown kid. If they do that, they're chances of winning sky rocket.

I wish I could get to the game tonight. Family obligations suck. I'll be checking this score and the ALCO-NHS score all night.

I am not saying that you won't get some yards running the ball, I am just saying that it is very difficult to beat Sherando if you are a 95 percent run team. I have seen that you guys have been a very effective run team, was just asking about your pass game. How is it?

Would you like to make a Wager on Sherando not giving up 200 on the ground?

Sherando may have a good run defense but I can bet that they will have never seen a 3 headed monster like what fort hill will throw or should I say run at them. Pick you poison in trying to shut 1 down because once they shut 1 down there's 2 more backs to carry the ball.

we have seen many many teams much more polished , bigger , faster than Fort hill. You guys need to get outside of western Maryland a little. Now that being said I am sure that the warriors are respecting your teams ability to run the ball first. But if you think your going to roll into Arrowhead stadium and rush for 4 or 500 yards you are sadly mistaken. nobody has done that in ten years. And yes I will give you two hundred yards tonight if you run the ball 50 times. If you do that, and that's it , we will win the game. Period. if keyser scored 48 on you and south Hagerstown scored 20 plus, I know we will score enough. We average giving up 8 points a game. Reality check is coming!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT