ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one that thinks Ty Johnson has a legit shot at going pro?

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
I think he lead the nation in ypc last yr. If he stays near the top in that category his final 2 seasons, NFL teams are gonna have to take a hard look at him.. Yesterday he had 132 yds on just 12 carries against a ranked team.. I think he's gonna rush for around 1,500 yds. this yr. and have a few tds on special teams. I think this kid is really gonna get his name out there this yr. and the NFL scouts will be looking his way next season...

Yeah that's the only thing holding him back...
led the nation with over 9 yards a carry last year, over 11 against texas. the upside of not being worn out is nfl teams might see him as having a long career span.
i honestly didn't think he'd do too much in college for one reason - when he got hit he didn't really seem to shake it off too well. he was so fast he wasn't getting used to getting hit, in my opinion. i am HAPPY i was wrong!

I was gonna say the same thing as WagglePass said. He's a legit 1st rounder and gonna be a fresh body for the NFL out of college. He hasn't been used nearly enough at MD so his legs and body will be in better shape than most backs coming in the league

led the nation with over 9 yards a carry last year, over 11 against texas. the upside of not being worn out is nfl teams might see him as having a long career span.
i honestly didn't think he'd do too much in college for one reason - when he got hit he didn't really seem to shake it off too well. he was so fast he wasn't getting used to getting hit, in my opinion. i am HAPPY i was wrong!
Don't overlook Kirk Robinette. If you are good (and he is really good) they will find you. Can't wait to follow his JMU career.

Kirk is probably 1 of the strongest kids to play ball in the area in a long time.and runs extremely hard. There was scouts from Marshall University at the game Friday night. I'm sure they left feeling pretty good about what they saw from him

Reactions: camper21502
I also wish Ty was used more, but I separate myself from my bias, and acknowledge maybe it's possible his YPC are based upon him NOT being over used. The more one dimensional your team is, the more opponents focus on trying to stop that one threat.

But the bowl game last year.... give your play maker the ball on the final drive... wtf!

Yes, Kirk was at JMU, National Champs last year. He was referring to Karson I believe in the reply. Karson is a big time player also

Last edited:
I was gonna say the same thing as WagglePass said. He's a legit 1st rounder and gonna be a fresh body for the NFL out of college. He hasn't been used nearly enough at MD so his legs and body will be in better shape than most backs coming in the league

He's a lock to get drafted, if he performs well against the big boys in the Big Ten he might go in the 1st round.

Reactions: camper21502
He looks more solid than what he was in HS... I think hes been hitting the gym hard..

Reactions: GenSneaky
74 yard TD run so far today for Ty against Towson

only 3 carries so far mid way through 2nd qtr

The focus ,work ethic the dedication Ty has will have him at the next level .. easily round 1-2

another solid outing from ty today.
13 carries for 91 yards
2 catches for 30 yards

Great to see two local guys doing so well. Too few local players get this far. I think there are others, thru the years that could have done well, but perhaps did not have the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT