ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany is bigger than Fort Hill

Ty Johnson didn't start. He was recruited to play that role.
You are correct. Ty Johnson was recruited to play football.... at the University of Maryland. If you can point me to one ACTUAL case of FH tampering with or recruiting a player during Coach's decade at the school, that you can actually prove, then I'll submit to you that you could be correct.

You are correct. Ty Johnson was recruited to play football.... at the University of Maryland. If you can point me to one ACTUAL case of FH tampering with or recruiting a player during Coach's decade at the school, that you can actually prove, then I'll submit to you that you could be correct.

No. He (being the current unmentioned recruit) was recruited for the same role as Ty Johnson. When posting I always understand that my response is invariably linked as a reply.

There are some tremendous, knowledgeable people with a wealth of winning experience at Allegany. The Bauers, the Whartons, Hansel himself and many more that could put together a winning program.
FH's want to >Alcos want to, it's that simple

it's that simple

What is simple is that the entire city of Cumberland has become the farm system for FH football's gimme string of wins and championships. If the state had any balls it would combine the high school numbers for football and force FH to play in its competitive class.

Sherando, Keyser, the Robinette years Alco, Lackey, Morgantown, Havre De Grace twice, Douglass, Melbourne. Hardly gimmes for a small school such as FH. Quit the nonsense that FH has depth. That is not true. FH is a small school. 1A

Sherando, Keyser, the Robinette years Alco, Lackey, Morgantown, Havre De Grace twice, Douglass, Melbourne. Hardly gimmes for a small school such as FH. Quit the nonsense that FH has depth. That is not true. FH is a small school. 1A
Totally agree on the depth thing. FH had about 45 kids last year. I'd say a solid 12-15 or more of the guys on the roster were guys who wouldnt have started at any of the area schools. Not disrespecting those guys, but they were just guys who wanted to be a part of a team.

Quit the nonsense that FH has depth

You have a bench so deep you sit a scholarship player. You have a bench so deep you fully field a freshman team. You have the entire city funneling you players and when that isn't enough you recruit a kid from Allegany that had been playing there for years just to fill the Ty Johnson role.

What's worse, you put a young man's potential career in the NFL at risk so he can throw the bomb way down the field to the kid you just recruited from Allegany.

The prior recriminations heaped at Dunbar from red-jackets is laughable now. Y'all are like the guy who was caught with someone else's wallet and says, "How'd that get there?"

Totally agree on the depth thing. FH had about 45 kids last year. I'd say a solid 12-15 or more of the guys on the roster were guys who wouldnt have started at any of the area schools. Not disrespecting those guys, but they were just guys who wanted to be a part of a team.

So, the college scholarship guy who rode the bench was just unlucky right? Appel just didn't recognize his true worth.

FH's hand is stuck in the cookie jar so now the 'poor mouth' shit flows out.

FH's depth is 3 times better than Alcoa and much worse than schools that you try to compare Fh to, such as Martinsburg or even Dunbar. FH is not Damascus even though you are trying to make it that.

So, the college scholarship guy who rode the bench was just unlucky right? Appel just didn't recognize his true worth.

FH's hand is stuck in the cookie jar so now the 'poor mouth' shit flows out.
Was the kid being recruited last summer? I'm pretty sure he wasnt. The kid is only being recruited now because he apparently went to Camps in the offseason, worked hard, and got his name out there. He also has the body type which is a big thing with colleges that a lot of times doesnt matter to high school coaches (Hell Fort Hill started two 5'8 LB's, and a 5'5 D-Linemen).We had the same thing last year with the Bishop kid. The Metz kid probably didnt play last year because he simply wasnt better than the guys in front of him, and he was also behind seniors. I'm just going to ignore the whole FH recruiting thing until you can actually point me to a case of recruiting that you can actually prove.

FH is blessed with kids that desire to play there. FH has 5-6 good offensive linemen per year. FH has 5-6 good skill kids per year, FH has been blessed in recent years with Ty Braden and Luke(legit D1 talent), FH has been blessed the last 2 years with maybe the best kicker in the country, last year FH was blessed with a fast tenacious bunch of kids on Defense. Most of all FH is blessed with a program that is ran by smart, dedicated people that are committed.to winning. That culminated with playing in class 1A equals championships. I do believe FH would be a final 4 in 2a in most years as well. FH would have beaten Glenel by 2-3 TD. They were the 2A runner up last year. Bey9nd all that FH has 700 kids in it with about 50 kids athletic enough to make them contenders. The X factor is the program itself

Was the kid being recruited last summer? I'm pretty sure he wasnt. The kid is only being recruited now because he apparently went to Camps in the offseason, worked hard, and got his name out there. He also has the body type which is a big thing with colleges that a lot of times doesnt matter to high school coaches (Hell Fort Hill started two 5'8 LB's, and a 5'5 D-Linemen).We had the same thing last year with the Bishop kid. The Metz kid probably didnt play last year because he simply wasnt better than the guys in front of him, and he was also behind seniors. I'm just going to ignore the whole FH recruiting thing until you can actually point me to a case of recruiting that you can actually prove.

I'm just going to ignore the whole FH recruiting thing until you can actually point me to a case of recruiting that you can actually prove.

I know. You wanna see video or hear recorded phone conversations. Same response from Dunbar, "We don't recruit... Kids just want to play for Dunbar."

Of course you will ignore it. You cannot explain a senior impact player transferring to FH, filling a needed slot. No kid.... I mean absolutely no talented athlete would transfer in his senior year to a school with a deep bench unless he was promised an active slot.

The Metz kid probably didnt play last year because he simply wasnt better than the guys in front of him,....

So, now you admit you have a deep bench... Ugh... until, that is, you say you don't have a deep bench... and... you don't recruit even though an Alco senior shows up to enhance King's passing talent.... I get it.

Now down at the ole local choke n' puke, where the red-jackets swill their beer after a running-clock blowout, they all say, "Kids just wanna play for a better program at FH."

Let me add at this time that the only person who has claimed inside knowledge of a transfer to FH has been BrianH. My comments are perspective and speculation. I wish the young man well. It is the adults who are ultimately responsible for the outcome, whatever it may be.

I'm just going to ignore the whole FH recruiting thing until you can actually point me to a case of recruiting that you can actually prove.

I know. You wanna see video or hear recorded phone conversations. Same response from Dunbar, "We don't recruit... Kids just want to play for Dunbar."

Of course you will ignore it. You cannot explain a senior impact player transferring to FH, filling a needed slot. No kid.... I mean absolutely no talented athlete would transfer in his senior year to a school with a deep bench unless he was promised an active slot.

The Metz kid probably didnt play last year because he simply wasnt better than the guys in front of him,....

So, now you admit you have a deep bench... Ugh... until, that is, you say you don't have a deep bench... and... you don't recruit even though an Alco senior shows up to enhance King's passing talent.... I get it.

Now down at the ole local choke n' puke, where the red-jackets swill their beer after a running-clock blowout, they all say, "Kids just wanna play for a better program at FH."
I dont need to hear any conversation. Point me to an actual case where a kid was actually recruited to Fort Hill, if you find an actual case with concrete evidence I'll gladly say that FH recruits. I'm not sure why were even still discussing the kid from Allegany since it was established he's ineligible, and it wasnt even 100% confirmed he was transferring in the first place. Also, so the fact that Fort Hill has solid starters means they have a deep bench?

Let me add at this time that the only person who has claimed inside knowledge of a transfer to FH has been BrianH. My comments are perspective and speculation. I wish the young man well. It is the adults who are ultimately responsible for the outcome, whatever it may be.
Let me add as well that everything I've said on the issue comes from imformation i was given by a friend that is on the Allegany Varsity staff

I dont need to hear any conversation. Point me to an actual case where a kid was actually recruited to Fort Hill, if you find an actual case with concrete evidence I'll gladly say that FH recruits. I'm not sure why were even still discussing the kid from Allegany since it was established he's ineligible, and it wasnt even 100% confirmed he was transferring in the first place. Also, so the fact that Fort Hill has solid starters means they have a deep bench?

According to family he will be eligible and he will transfer to FH. He wont start, just provide depth. But the kid wants a ring. LOL.- BrianH

Did you read the aforementioned post? This is a frickin' forum. We discuss what is posted. I gather you can't stand what is posted so you dodge and weave, deny and play stupid.

Also, so the fact that Fort Hill has solid starters means they have a deep bench?

Are we dealing with a capacity issue here? You have what was proven to be college recruited talent riding the bench. So, your logic is that having talent riding the bench doesn't prove that you have talent riding the bench.

Let me add as well that everything I've said on the issue comes from imformation i was given by a friend that is on the Allegany Varsity staff

So, according to the family (per BrianH) the young man has a preset slot. How do you get that without conversations between player, parents and FH football? I would assume that even on the college level, conversations between schools, athletes and even parents are considered part of the recruiting process.

So, according to the family (per BrianH) the young man has a preset slot. How do you get that without conversations between player, parents and FH football? I would assume that even on the college level, conversations between schools, athletes and even parents are considered part of the recruiting process.
Are we seriously taking anything that guy says as fact

Was
According to family he will be eligible and he will transfer to FH. He wont start, just provide depth. But the kid wants a ring. LOL.- BrianH

Did you read the aforementioned post? This is a frickin' forum. We discuss what is posted. I gather you can't stand what is posted so you dodge and weave, deny and play stupid.

Also, so the fact that Fort Hill has solid starters means they have a deep bench?

Are we dealing with a capacity issue here? You have what was proven to be college recruited talent riding the bench. So, your logic is that having talent riding the bench doesn't prove that you have talent riding the bench.
Was the young man proven college recruited talent last season?

Was

Was the young man proven college recruited talent last season?

Are you used to using these lines on really stupid people? The talent was obviously there; the scholarship verified it.

Ugh.... Are you suggesting that Appel doesn't really know what the hell he has or care what the hell he has. (I'll bite on the latter.)

Are you used to using these lines on really stupid people? The talent was obviously there; the scholarship verified it.

Ugh.... Are you suggesting that Appel doesn't really know what the hell he has or care what the hell he has. (I'll bite on the latter.)
I'm not suggesting talent wasnt there, but perhaps the kid was not have been college level talent or he would've started. I'm suggesting that the kid made improvements and developed his mental understanding of his position, which is something I understand he had trouble with, during the season and in this offseason, went to camps and got his name out there. Also he has a good body type which is something colleges pay a lot if attention to, i.e Trey Bishop last season.

What is Allegany High school's responsibility in a child failing? I've heard the child had a less than 1.00 grade point average. How did that go unnoticed? Even if he was out of school with a prolonged illness, homework was still being sent home for completion, correct? How did somebody miss the fact that the child's GPA was sinking like a rock? The child must have had a passing GPA in August, September, October, and the 1st week of November.

What is Allegany High school's responsibility in a child failing? I've heard the child had a less than 1.00 grade point average. How did that go unnoticed? Even if he was out of school with a prolonged illness, homework was still being sent home for completion, correct? How did somebody miss the fact that the child's GPA was sinking like a rock? The child must have had a passing GPA in August, September, October, and the 1st week of November.

I submitted that I think the young man may have been more sick that just a stomach virus. Such things as IBS are debilitating. Or, perhaps thinking he was going to FH and get a ring caused him to ignore his grades.

This, however, is speculating deep into the weeds and I don't want to go further on the grades subject.

If he had a1.00 then the administration neglected to do their job. In this age minimum standards to be eligible they would have had plenty of notice at this young man's declining academic performance. The system failed him.

Ty Johnson didn't start. He was recruited to play that role.
Ty scored a td in his 1st game as a terp, randy had no plans of setting him... if anything he started to soon ( before he beefed up to 205) but nobody at Maryland had any intentions of adding ty for depth... as for as fh (if that's what you meant) he was on the field his jr year game one.. no need to play his sophomore year with the clay Brothers in the backfield... but I think your cra cra(as the kids would say) if you think ty was a roll player at either place...

Ty scored a td in his 1st game as a terp, randy had no plans of setting him... if anything he started to soon ( before he beefed up to 205) but nobody at Maryland had any intentions of adding ty for depth... as for as fh (if that's what you meant) he was on the field his jr year game one.. no need to play his sophomore year with the clay Brothers in the backfield... but I think your cra cra(as the kids would say) if you think ty was a roll player at either place...
Ty played a lot as a sophomore. He was a freshman while the Clay's were there

You people are nutz. I never said he wasn't in every game. But he was a role player because he had few carries per game. He had an outrageous yards per carry and touchdowns per carry. He would break outside virtually untouched because the other team was loaded up for the inside run.

My bad your right, he played against Brunswick.. he might have "played a role" that year, but not his jr n sr year.. coach apple used his speed tho.. he didnt just play a role

You are trying to define role playing as some sort of 2nd team. He was first team but he had fewer carries than the other running backs. I think in some cases he got maybe as few as 6 carries in a game. But all were for like over 20 or more yards and maybe 2 or three touchdowns. At FH he was no where near as durable a player that he became at Maryland. I think his senior year he got dinged at homecoming and in the championship game.

You are trying to define role playing as some sort of 2nd team. He was first team but he had fewer carries than the other running backs. I think in some cases he got maybe as few as 6 carries in a game. But all were for like over 20 or more yards and maybe 2 or three touchdowns. At FH he was no where near as durable a player that he became at Maryland. I think his senior year he got dinged at homecoming and in the championship game.
He was also a damn good receiver and good defensive back. The kid was a FOOTBALL PlAYER

Reactions: Lagmeister
posting that you think a child failed school to go to another school to win a football game just put you in the Guinness book for the biggest piece of shit. Grow the Fu#k up you 70 + year old jackass.

I hope you don't mean me. You failed to link a reply. But in case you did mean me, let me help you out - that is, you and your circle-jerking buddies:

Here is what I posted:

I submitted that I think the young man may have been more sick that just a stomach virus. Such things as IBS are debilitating. Or, perhaps thinking he was going to FH and get a ring caused him to ignore his grades.

So, where in the hell did I claim that a child failed school to go to another school? I never stated that he failed in order to go anywhere. His possible failing would have been the result, not the means by which he was transferring; rather, he might have been thinking he was accepted on the FH team and thus would have felt he was less accountable to Allegany,

Any moron could see that. But you.... yes you and your 'like' friends are wearing the possible stench of FH's 'tradition bubble' bursting right in front of your eyes. IF this transfer actually goes through then you own the fact that FH recruited a young man who was already struggling with his grades.... and... and caused him to lax further.

So, why don't you and your buddies - having been all greased up from each other - go slide back up Appel's ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
That's just how you made it sound, like he was just there... I mean come on lag they threw the ball to him on fade routes like 6 times a year his jr and sr seasons.. lmao.. and you know fh doesn't throw the ball... that makes him a fricken unicorn in Cumberland...

That's just how you made it sound, like he was just there... I mean come on lag they threw the ball to him on fade routes like 6 times a year his jr and sr seasons.. lmao.. and you know fh doesn't throw the ball... that makes him a fricken unicorn in Cumberland...

Actually the 'role' term was introduced by me in reference to the potential transfer filling Ty Johnson's role on offense, which was outside speed on the run and an occasional bomb down the field.

In fact, I never mentioned Ty's defensive abilities at all. So, when I referenced 'role' it was truly an offensive 'role' to be filled.

This potential transfer would be a 'role player' on offense utilizing Johnson's outstanding speed.

I hope this clarifies things a little. I never implied anything else.

Last edited:
Spin it any way you want. You still make the Guinness book for your assumption.
Wow, 70+ years old, don't even live in Cumberland, learns Western Maryland football by watching Commercial Video and quoting John, Toby & Gary and is obsessed with Fort Hill football. Both past and present. Your VMI grads must be awful proud.

Spin it any way you want. You still make the Guinness book for your assumption.
Wow, 70+ years old, don't even live in Cumberland, learns Western Maryland football by watching Commercial Video and quoting John, Toby & Gary and is obsessed with Fort Hill football. Both past and present. Your VMI grads must be awful proud.

I see you have rediscovered partial civility in your tongue. I will await the next Guinness publication for my momentary fame.

As to age, I am not quite 70 (68) - but certainly old enough to have spent more time in Cumberland during its golden years than virtually any one else posting here. I have the true reflections of having lived there at that time. Current residents, unless near my age, have no perspective at all as to what Cumberland has become from what it once was.

My attachment to WMD is varied: the fishing in Sideling Hill Creek for the occasional chain pickerel; the yearly changing of the leaves and the hunt in Big Run. Catching a game at Greenway is a side trip and more fun watching FH for the reasons I have mentioned many times.

And finally, yes my sons are proud of me and I of them; moreover, a VMI ring is actually worth something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT