ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany is bigger than Fort Hill

I don't think so Lag. I think the kid got into academic trouble and got too far underwater to recover.

Okay. It tragically happens. Where does the transfer idea come from?

Also consider in the young man's defense: stomach viruses come and are gone. You don't miss a lot of school as a result. Perchance we might have misdiagnosed IBS, Crohn's or Colitis, which is never ending and is surely debilitating. I have seen young folks with such and can tell you it is torturous and very easy to lash out at the world for not understanding your suffering. If a student is going through periodic bouts with these there is no way they are going to focus on school work.

A stomach virus and missing a lot of school does not add up. If in anyway a diagnosis can show he has one of the truly crippling diseases he might have some sort of legal appeal here. I am not defending football, but if the young man is not what you would call an exceptional student as it is, to take away the singular thing he excels in is in its self a horror.

I don't care where he plays football (FH recruiting him aside). Losing his senior year... having a serious illness... piles all the blame on the adults.

Last edited:
Lag is right, he was transferring to FH, so Alco fought it by making him ineligible to play. Why wouldn’t they, he played varsity last 2 years at Alco. He is a very good player on both sides of the ball, strong and fast. Not too many local players can run for a 80 yard touchdown against Dunbar speed without getting caught. Allowing him to play for FH his senior year is showing the kids its allowed, which wouldn’t be a good trend

Lag is right, he was transferring to FH, so Alco fought it by making him ineligible to play. Why wouldn’t they, he played varsity last 2 years at Alco. He is a very good player on both sides of the ball, strong and fast. Not too many local players can run for a 80 yard touchdown against Dunbar speed without getting caught. Allowing him to play for FH his senior year is showing the kids its allowed, which wouldn’t be a good trend

No, he was not made ineligible because he was going to transfer. Doesn't work that way. In defense of Coach Hansel I don't know why you would make such an accusation. He is smarter than that.

So if he transfers to BW that's OK and a good trend?

Last edited:

This is absolutely one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever witnessed on this board.

A school can’t determine a student ineligible due to a desire to transfer to another school. Regardless of the public school he/she attends, the student is either eligible or ineligible.

Such a statement is all-but laughable.

What the poster is indirectly saying is that if the student was not looking to transfer the student would be eligible to play at AHS.

Students who are ineligible are simply ineligible, regardless of the school the student attends.

This is absolutely one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever witnessed on this board.

A school can’t determine a student ineligible due to a desire to transfer to another school. Regardless of the public school he/she attends, the student is either eligible or ineligible.

Such a statement is all-but laughable.

What the poster is indirectly saying is that if the student was not looking to transfer the student would be eligible to play at AHS.

Students who are ineligible are simply ineligible, regardless of the school the student attends.

I don't think that is the implication. My speculation was that one doesn't just fall behind in a single subject. What happened was that the coach, a singular teacher, held the young man accountable for bad grades because he was transferring.

It would be helpful if folks (sort of) read the thread as the discussion evolves rather than taking an isolated comment. (I am guilty of that myself.)

I contend: Student gets recruited. Word gets out. Grades fall because student eyes a new school and usually kids (maybe because they are athletes) get a pass. Student is in coach's class. Coach holds him accountable.

Believe me: I have no first hand knowledge. I am merely speculating in the hypothetical basis what I read in this forum. (Ugh... bet some red-jacket lawyers are already fast at work looking for loopholes.)

I don't think that is the implication. My speculation was that one doesn't just fall behind in a single subject. What happened was that the coach, a singular teacher, held the young man accountable for bad grades because he was transferring.

It would be helpful if folks (sort of) read the thread as the discussion evolves rather than taking an isolated comment. (I am guilty of that myself.)

I contend: Student gets recruited. Word gets out. Grades fall because student eyes a new school and usually kids (maybe because they are athletes) get a pass. Student is in coach's class. Coach holds him accountable.

Believe me: I have no first hand knowledge. I am merely speculating in the hypothetical basis what I read in this forum. (Ugh... bet some red-jacket lawyers are already fast at work looking for loopholes.)

Well, I have been following the thread. I simply choose not to chime in unless a statement is so outrageous that there is really no other option than to correct such a statement.

I am very capable of reading and following an argument, as lame as it might be.

There is really no other way to interpret the statement. Spin it as you will...

Only problems with that theory is FH doesnt recruit. If they did the kid in Frostburg would have been at Fort Hill 2 years ago. Also as I stated earlier the student was kept out of school by an illness, but failed to keep up with the work he was given to do at home and the work he was turning in simply was not quality. His grades slipping had nothing to do with "eyeing a new school". I doubt that the transfer idea even popped into his head until after the school year. Also, since it was brought up about "not setting a good trend", you know what wouldn't be a good trend?Holding a student back simply because he is transferring from your school. That is simply just not Ok(which is sort of what you're implying). If the young man doesn't deserve a passing grade then he shouldnt be given one. Doesn't matter if Brian Hansel was teaching the class or not, and it certainly shouldnt matter if he was planning a transfer.

Only problems with that theory is FH doesnt recruit. If they did the kid in Frostburg would have been at Fort Hill 2 years ago. Also as I stated earlier the student was kept out of school by an illness, but failed to keep up with the work he was given to do at home and the work he was turning in simply was not quality. His grades slipping had nothing to do with "eyeing a new school". I doubt that the transfer idea even popped into his head until after the school year. Also, since it was brought up about "not setting a good trend", you know what wouldn't be a good trend?Holding a student back simply because he is transferring from your school. That is simply just not Ok(which is sort of what you're implying). If the young man doesn't deserve a passing grade then he shouldnt be given one. Doesn't matter if Brian Hansel was teaching the class or not, and it certainly shouldnt matter if he was planning a transfer.

Your speculation is no better than mine. At least mine has more logic, really. If the only person holding the student accountable was the coach... well... there you go. Furthermore, the young man from Frostburg would not have been the fasted ball carrier in the city. I believe Brown was still playing at FH and Johnson would have been there in the Frostburg youth's early years.

I am simply detailing was makes sense to me. And I will give a big BS that FH doesn't recruit if they find a superior player that might guarantee them a dimension that puts them over the top. I have already stated my ethics issues in the past. When you meltdown over a loss, you do what you think you have to prevent another one.

This issue is just too cool for school, as it were - too improbable that all this shit just happens around what would be the most dynamic running back in the city. Too cool for school that transfer, grades and one teacher/coach holds him accountable. Too cool for school that a door wasn't being held open across town as a catalyst for all this shit.

It is my speculation, of course - no worse, but probably better most around here.

Well, I have been following the thread. I simply choose not to chime in unless a statement is so outrageous that there is really no other option than to correct such a statement.

I am very capable of reading and following an argument, as lame as it might be.

There is really no other way to interpret the statement. Spin it as you will...

You obviously did not read my post that he was addressing; otherwise, you would know better.

Last edited:
My last comment on this thread, and it relates to my major concern about all that has been bantered in three pages...

There are posters who have posted on this thread who in the recent past were very critical of one coach - and rightfully so - of mentioning a player’s academic performance during a post-game interview.

Yet, this entire thread is about a player’s academic performance deeming the player as ineligible.

No, the player’s name has not been mentioned, but there has been plenty of evidence provided to identify the player if one really chose to do so.

To me, this is rather hypocritical of those who blasted a coach for doing the same thing in the recent past.

Whether we want to accept it or not, these players are under the age of 18 - they are not adults - and such information should not be shared.

The only purpose I can garner from this thread is an attempt to try to make one program look more superior than another. All of it has been at the expense of a young person, and that is blatantly wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: CamperGrad1999
My last comment on this thread, and it relates to my major concern about all that has been bantered in three pages...

There are posters who have posted on this thread who in the recent past were very critical of one coach - and rightfully so - of mentioning a player’s academic performance during a post-game interview.

Yet, this entire thread is about a player’s academic performance deeming the player as ineligible.

No, the player’s name has not been mentioned, but there has been plenty of evidence provided to identify the player if one really chose to do so.

To me, this is rather hypocritical of those who blasted a coach for doing the same thing in the recent past.

Whether we want to accept it or not, these players are under the age of 18 - they are not adults - and such information should not be shared.

The only purpose I can garner from this thread is an attempt to try to make one program look more superior than another. All of it has been at the expense of a young person, and that is blatantly wrong.

There are countless instances involving minors that make the local papers. Their names are withheld but everybody familiar with the circumstances knows who they are. For a coach to broadcast to an entire media audience about a student's grades when the name is offered up is quite different.

More than that: I have been the only person to literally defend the young man's circumstances and suggest there may be more in his defense. Other than that, I have focused on transfer and recruitment - and given some responses, I may be over target... as they say.

Red-jackets around here would never concede the logical possibility that FH recruited a #1 impact player from across town and caused that young man to metaphorically get his ass in a sling.

Last edited:
Already more excuses as to why allegany is going to lose to fort hill. The 2 most important things will always be community support for the program and coaching.

Already more excuses as to why allegany is going to lose to fort hill. The 2 most important things will always be community support for the program and coaching.

A little birdie told me a prominent senior Alco football player is transferring to FH. -BrianH

Pilfering players or messin' with 'em so they cannot play across town surely helps.

He would be #3 when it came to impact player, but having him as a threat would really help the other 2

I've been watching him play the last 2 seasons. He is really just a one trick pony. Speed and not much else.

Well, when Ty Johnson was at FH he wasn't exactly running over people. He was running pretty much untouched outside and not even carrying the ball much. Besides, since it is apparent y'all ain't gettin' him, now is the time for you to really dog-talk the poor lad. You red-jackets are taking a turn for the worst as though the lad hasn't suffered enough.

Last edited:
Well, when Ty Johnson was at FH he wasn't exactly running over people. He was running pretty much untouched outside and not even carrying the ball much. Besides, since it is apparent y'all ain't gettin' him, now is the time for you to really dog-talk the poor lad. You red-jackets are taking a turn for the worst as though the lad hasn't suffered enough.
what a reach lag. I haven't read where any red-jacket took a shot at this young man. that's just more of that alco "who can I point my finger at to blame why we suck?" mentality. With FH as King of the hill, its easy for you to do that. Alco has itself to blame for their current condition not FH. FH stays in their own lane year in and year out just focusing on what winners do to continue to win. What Alco needs is someone from days past from their glory years or a FH red-jacket to show them how winning is done. quit whining

what a reach lag. I haven't read where any red-jacket took a shot at this young man. that's just more of that alco "who can I point my finger at to blame why we suck?" mentality. With FH as King of the hill, its easy for you to do that. Alco has itself to blame for their current condition not FH. FH stays in their own lane year in and year out just focusing on what winners do to continue to win. What Alco needs is someone from days past from their glory years or a FH red-jacket to show them how winning is done. quit whining

What do you call this:

I've been watching him play the last 2 seasons. He is really just a one trick pony. Speed and not much else.-RedPride

And then about this.....

FH stays in their own lane year in and year out ....

Perhaps the most disgusting thread in this forum was the red-jacket 'filth and foul' against Keyser for dropping FH. Y'all are in everyone's shit all the time.

Stay in your own lane? You guys are the biggest frickin' whiners that ever posted in a forum. Everything is a frickin' conspiracy.... even if one of you (BrianH) starts it. Then you divert.... You whine.... then you condemn.

What do you call this:

I've been watching him play the last 2 seasons. He is really just a one trick pony. Speed and not much else.-RedPride

And then about this.....

Perhaps the most disgusting thread in this forum was the red-jacket 'filth and foul' against Keyser for dropping FH. Y'all are in everyone's shit all the time.

Stay in your own lane? You guys are the biggest frickin' whiners that ever posted in a forum. Everything is a frickin' conspiracy.... even if one of you (BrianH) starts it. Then you divert.... You whine.... then you condemn.

[/QUOT Besides, since it is apparent y'all ain't gettin' him, now is the time for you to really dog-talk the poor lad. You red-jackets are taking a turn for the worst as though the lad hasn't suffered enough. here, with this quote you are blaming fh as though someone victimized him.

"Besides, since it is apparent y'all ain't gettin' him, now is the time for you to really dog-talk the poor lad. You red-jackets are taking a turn for the worst as though the lad hasn't suffered enough". this sounds like whining to me. no one from fh ever made a disparaging comment about this student athlete.

"Besides, since it is apparent y'all ain't gettin' him, now is the time for you to really dog-talk the poor lad. You red-jackets are taking a turn for the worst as though the lad hasn't suffered enough". this sounds like whining to me. no one from fh ever made a disparaging comment about this student athlete.

Some think others were born yesterday. You think they were born after your post.

...He is really just a one trick pony...

what you need lag is an alco win over fh. it would clear your head. unfortunately, I don't think that it will ever happen again.

what you need lag is an alco win over fh. it would clear your head. unfortunately, I don't think that it will ever happen again.

If we are being civil again, the answer is no. I have long since seen no rivalry and who beats whom is of no real consequence to me.

Lags is turning into the one person "Squad." Preseason entertainment at its finest. Lol.

A little birdie told me a prominent senior Alco football player is transferring to FH. -BrianH

Entertain yourself by cleaning up your own house. If this were a different subject I would be entertained. As it is, I will just have to be satisfied getting all the red-jackets around here to show their ass.

According to family he will be eligible and he will transfer to FH. He wont start, just provide depth. But the kid wants a ring. LOL.

He would be #3 when it came to impact player, but having him as a threat would really help the other 2
W
Ya'll wait a minute i really wouldn't have cared to see the kid play at FH. Maybe Brian H likes the kid but im not a fan. My opinion

What do you call this:

And then about this.....

The size of the bench and all the talent on one side of town. All things you continually bitch and moan about. Then you start this recruiting nonsense now you saying that we are whiners lol read some of your own shit and please recruit brian h please take him

Reactions: everyones-an-expert
W

Ya'll wait a minute i really wouldn't have cared to see the kid play at FH. Maybe Brian H likes the kid but im not a fan. My opinion

I only posted what I was told directly. I think he belongs in a blue uniform.

While few here including myself would ever admit it, but it's better when the Alco vs FH rivalry was competitive. It would suck for us red clad jacket scum.suckers but Alco actually beating FH wouldn't be bad in the overall big picture. I think I cheese off people when I say this but I actually am seriously concerned about Alco football in 3-4 years. Their participation numbers are plummeting. They have to move up the jest of their best JV players just to practice. It's only going to drop more based on youth league numbers and results.

I've said before that if BW gets their football wish, Alco is screwed royally. They cannot afford more losses of players, starters or back ups. They will fold or consolidate whichever comes 1st which is why I think Alco not playing BW in any sports is their last ditch chance.

You
My thoughts on this young man are why would he be in that poor of academic standing in the first place? Intervention should have been immediate. When he missed his second assignment or failed his second test intervention should have been executed. The guidance counselor should have been involved. The staff at Alco dropped the ball on this one. Had they assisted this young man early in this he may be Playing this fall.
You have no idea what is even going with this kid. To say Alco dropped the ball is further from the truth than you know.

If one were to dangle baubles in front of impressionable young men for personal gain, all the while supplanting and risking their own, one might conclude that they have become the town whore and those partaking or agreeing would share in the disgrace. (All in the hypothetical of course.)

The size of the bench and all the talent on one side of town. All things you continually bitch and moan about. Then you start this recruiting nonsense now you saying that we are whiners lol read some of your own shit and please recruit brian h please take him

The stink of current events is in your way.

You

You have no idea what is even going with this kid. To say Alco dropped the ball is further from the truth than you know.

The rivalry is over. Only the mendacity surrounding honor and tradition remains. Allegany needs to drop FH like the bad habit it has become. Playing homecoming with them is a recognition of their historic existence which they no longer deserve.

Last edited:
There are some tremendous, knowledgeable people with a wealth of winning experience at Allegany. The Bauers, the Whartons, Hansel himself and many more that could put together a winning program.
FH's want to >Alcos want to, it's that simple

Reactions: redtheperson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT