ADVERTISEMENT

All MPSSAA winter and spring sports have been suspended indefinitely

Ok so now I guess we're resorting to comparing overdoses which are personal choices to Covid19 a highly contagious communicable disease. You don't go outside and catch an overdose. Overdoses aren't spread through someone coughing on your hamburger bun. Seriously? I just can't deal with this level of stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance. Its one thing when someone's ignorance and arrogance just affects that person. Its another when people insist on being stupid and that stupidity affects an entire populace.
What do you really want to do stay indoors and hide from something you can't even see. I mean really what would you have us do wait around for a vaccine that may take over a year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...73cf6a-9455-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html

"As some countries ease up, others are reimposing lockdowns amid a resurgence of coronavirus infections"

Well, any media missive that quotes the Chicoms should entail the printing of it so as to wipe one's ass. As for Germany and South Korea they are merely addressing isolated positive tests, not locking down their countries. As for Beirut, it's a shithole where death from a virus is a relief.

Then too, in India they still shit in the streets, highlighting our sophistication that it is legal to shit in the streets of San Francisco, but only if you are wearing a mask, otherwise public shitting without a mask gets you promptly arrested.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPride97
Ok so now I guess we're resorting to comparing overdoses which are personal choices to Covid19 a highly contagious communicable disease. You don't go outside and catch an overdose. Overdoses aren't spread through someone coughing on your hamburger bun. Seriously? I just can't deal with this level of stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance. Its one thing when someone's ignorance and arrogance just affects that person. Its another when people insist on being stupid and that stupidity affects an entire populace.

Then stay locked in your home is my best advice. That is your right to do so. Your fears are not my fears and vice-versa.

You really want to discuss other countries? Like how 75% of Europe has opened schools. How they play baseball in South Korea. How Sweden never put any type of lock down at anytime.

You can continue to follow the cattle to the slaughter house without looking around. The fact 1 out of 5 have had COV and the death rate is well below 1%...such is kept under the rug from those that don't bother to look around their fears. COV requires we live safely, I'm on board with such. But to remain in stay home orders and non-essentials shut down is a MASSIVE JOKE.

Last edited:
Lockdown Larry Hogan gets it..... Good for him!!!!!!! Heretofore I will get off his back.

Here's what will change at 5 p.m. Friday with the lifting of the stay-at-home order, Hogan said:

• Retail stores in Maryland may reopen with up to 50 percent capacity, with social distancing plus masking, strongly encouraging curbside pickup and delivery
  • Manufacturing may resume, with encouragement of staggering shifts so not as many people are working at the same time.
  • Barbershops and hair salons may reopen up to 50 percent capacity by appointment only.
  • Pet groomers, car washes, art galleries and some other activities will also be able to begin reopening.
  • Churches and houses of worship, which are "such as essential part of the lives of so many people," can again hold services, Hogan said, with 50 percent capacity or less. "Holding services outside is strongly encouraged," said Hogan, who encouraged protecting those vulnerable populations.
No way to monitor 50% capacity.... How do you tell folks going to church not to show up.... Anyhow, good sign. I thought we were heading for June 1 at least.

https://patch.com/maryland/belair/s...akingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

I was working so I didn't get to hear Hogan's announcement. Hopefully, some one can tell me if I can get a pedicure. My toenails have gone wild!!!

I was working so I didn't get to hear Hogan's announcement. Hopefully, some one can tell me if I can get a pedicure. My toenails have gone wild!!!

(That is if you're serious).... Since hair salons offer that I would automatically say yes. If I owned a shop that strictly does nails I would assume I could open unless it was specifically stated that I couldn't. Ugh... by appointment only at 50%... whatever that is.

Now that I read further, I think they a lumping nail salons in with tattoo parlors which will remain closed.

It also looks like Balt City, Balt County, PG, Montgomery and Howard County will remain shut down.... along with Cecil... surprisingly. Hogan is leaving decisions up to the counties. They are shifting the goal posts from bending the curve to testing.... testing... testing... contact tracing.... contact tracing.

Ugh, seems to me contact tracing only works at the very beginning of an outbreak when you have a very limited number of people to trace. The virus is obviously everywhere so this is both a fools errand and more like a 'brown shirt' knock-on-doors operation. And testing is only a moment in time... you could get infected minutes after testing negative. You can never test enough or trace enough, so basically this is nothing more than an excuse to break the economy for political reasons.

Last edited:
He stole Lag's line. He said circle jerk hahahahaha. Next thing you know this poster will be sporting a red clad jacket.

Obviously sports are dead. There's not even school to talk about. At least we all managed to keep the COV-19 discussion on one thread.

Google said this is a place to talk about Maryland high school football. But looks like this is really just a place for old conservative dudes to circlejerk eachother about Covid-19. Looks like Lagmeister is the ringleader.

I'll be back whenever you all are done jacking eachother off and smelling in eachothers farts.

The real question is why would anyone from WashCo be interested in high school football?

Reactions: FHHSAHS
The real question is why would anyone from WashCo be interested in high school football?

Well, Washington County is "this side of the picket wire." - (apologies to John Wayne as Doniphon in Who Shot Liberty Valance). Perchance a connected county doodle who knows they will join the testing-tracing, lock down lunacy.

No surprise this forum gets around, there are over 12 thousand views of this thread. Most other newsie forums are weak and degenerate quickly. Reading this thread will actually educate on the subject.

Another good read:

“When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

— Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/13/why-americans-must-stop-acting-like-sheep-and-tell/

Nursing homes, which by generic description also include hospice care, are where folks have weeks or months to live (50% die within 6 months). Instead of cramming extra elderly in them to die (I believe PA is now doing it), we should have focused on them from the beginning. With 60% of all deaths from the Kung flu in nursing homes, it appears they are a handy final solution (note the reference) to a perceived political problem.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...positive-for-covid-19-28-people-dead/2377332/

https://www.baltimoresun.com/corona...0200506-dxdjlvnozbfntkrw2olpwqj77u-story.html

Nursing homes, which by generic description also include hospice care, are where folks have weeks or months to live (50% die within 6 months). Instead of cramming extra elderly in them to die (I believe PA is now doing it), we should have focused on them from the beginning. With 60% of all deaths from the Kung flu in nursing homes, it appears they are a handy final solution (note the reference) to a perceived political problem.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...positive-for-covid-19-28-people-dead/2377332/

https://www.baltimoresun.com/corona...0200506-dxdjlvnozbfntkrw2olpwqj77u-story.html

In the beginning, you know what I was screaming. ISOLATE AND PROTECT THE ELDERLY AND THE CRITICAL! Most states could not even do that. We knew and now we definitely know that COV kills the old and the weak foremost. The numbers are staggering. New York takes the cake with Cuomo's entire campaign of forcing COV infected people into nursing homes. Trust me, Cuomo is running for president come November elections. Well, mostly because Biden is now a Democrat Death in the voting booths.

I have been very open about my feelings publicly through all of this. With that said, New York has really put a massive frown on my face. A jest of inconsiderate people led by more inconsiderate people. Plane flights from NYC to Orlando still under $60.

My stab at politics through a pandemic:

Cuomo’s COVID-19 Panic Killed Thousands In Nursing Homes
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/05/...ed-thousands-of-vulnerable-seniors-to-death/?

Just an example that stupidity, once instituted on the population, will never get rescinded... my opinion is that the mask is a form of submission and actually increases the chance of infection from all kinds of diseases because folks are constantly adjusting it and touching their face:

Fauci admits:

This made me chuckle. Sorry, but funny.

Funny thing about this poster is that he only had one post and his profile is blocked. Who does that? I think it might be OneRing under a different alias. The language used seems about the same.

Last edited:
In the beginning, you know what I was screaming. ISOLATE AND PROTECT THE ELDERLY AND THE CRITICAL! Most states could not even do that. We knew and now we definitely know that COV kills the old and the weak foremost. The numbers are staggering. New York takes the cake with Cuomo's entire campaign of forcing COV infected people into nursing homes. Trust me, Cuomo is running for president come November elections. Well, mostly because Biden is now a Democrat Death in the voting booths.

I have been very open about my feelings publicly through all of this. With that said, New York has really put a massive frown on my face. A jest of inconsiderate people led by more inconsiderate people. Plane flights from NYC to Orlando still under $60.

My stab at politics through a pandemic:

Cuomo’s COVID-19 Panic Killed Thousands In Nursing Homes
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/05/...ed-thousands-of-vulnerable-seniors-to-death/?

Sadly, I think it's all politics - even when it comes to bankruptcy or death. PA has had 70% of their listed virus deaths in nursing homes. That was even before they started to jam infected elderly into them: note the PA Secretary of Health pulled her/his mother out of a nursing home before the practice was adopted.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/13/coronavirus-pennsylvania-rachel-levine-mother-nursing-home/

And, all those rural counties that heavily voted against Wolf continue to be under a threatening boot. There is some local defiance.

“Our Office will not be enforcing any ‘order’ that violates our Constitutional Rights,” said the post on the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Department Facebook page. “Sheriff Anderson has stated ‘I have no intentions in turning local business owners into criminals’.”

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...nconstitutional-say-they-wont-enforce-it.html

Maybe if the data was presented in a different way, people would not be so fearful.

97345664_726759874529437_4335294912900628480_n.jpg

Reactions: 2Panther
On some days COVID-19 has been the leading cause of death in the country and is consistently in the top 3. Maybe if we looked at it this way we'd be a little more careful.

Reactions: bigsavage
On some days COVID-19 has been the leading cause of death in the country and is consistently in the top 3. Maybe if we looked at it this way we'd be a little more careful.

When you lump the elderly in nursing homes and hospices - that's about half of all deaths - who are dying of heart disease, cancer, COPD, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer's, pneumonia, influenza, nephritis, septicemia - or anything else for that matter - as a coronavirus death, because the CDC allows you to estimate without a test, I am surprised it isn't #1.

I do contend that what we face is politics and that is why I post what I do. But rest assured, the most that I would encourage others to do is weigh out what is happening and keep that in mind when it comes time to vote. Few of us have deep pockets or are lawyers, so personally bucking the system by opening their business or not wearing a mask only sets you up to be made an example of.

I thought I would toss this out as the thread goes forward. Personally, this virus effects me not at all, health-wise or financially. In the end - if there is an end - I will just pick the best state to move to.

Let's try another way. When the final numbers come in on COVID-19...the death rate will be below 1%. You want to make a wager on it?

For every horror story about how COV forced a human being to fight for their life, there are 5 untold stories of human beings that tested positive but didn't even know they had it.

The new antibody tests (that determine if someone had the virus already) developed by the Swiss pharmaceutical company Roche has now given the correct result 100% of the time. 1 out of 5 people (or 20% of the population) had or have the virus already. That number is only going to grow. You want to do the math or would you like me to do it again?

Of course you can always get the total death count from bigsavage. He has it on his up to the minute live stream Death Meter 2020. But I'm not being hard on him, 90% of America downloaded it. Either that or google search CNN Desktop COVID Death Widget for $5.99 (free with a subscription).

64 million people will die in 2020. 184 million will be born. Sorry, these are only rough estimates. Being careful is one thing, hiding from Death is another.

Last edited:
And if you want to try the death rate for people under age 60, that one won't even equal the damn flu. No theories, numbers only please.

This forum is full of right wing conservative bullshit. You all are in a little ****ing bubble and its fun to watch your retardness. I can't wait for reality to hit you all out it good ol Mountain Maryland. You all are so full of shit its too funny!

I come here to laugh at you stupid mother****ers. I take away nothing other then that you old conservatives ****ers fall for any old bullshit. You all think you're so ****ing smart and clever.

Kiss my ass

Reactions: OneRing
Sources??

I have a great source. Try the Official Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 website with real statistics and death counts.

THESE ARE THE REAL NUMBERS
SOURCE: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/

As of May 17
CONFIRMED CASES: 37,968
DEATHS: 1,842

Here are the death totals from the official Maryland count broken down by age:

20-29 -- 10 deaths
30-29 -- 22 deaths
40-49 -- 51 deaths
50-59 -- 123 deaths
60-69 -- 290 deaths
70-79 -- 449 deaths
80+ -- 817 deaths

83 people under the age of 50 have died from COVID-19 in Maryland. No one under the age of 20 has died.

There are currently 4 different university medical research studies testing antibodies that have determined 1 out of 5 people have or had COVID-19. Here is the New York study.

SOURCE: https://www.livescience.com/covid-antibody-test-results-new…

That means 20% of the population had or have COVID-19 already. But let's stick with the really low end of that research and use numbers where only 10% of the population had or have COVID-19.

The population of Maryland is currently 6.046 million or 6,045,680 to be more exact. If 10% of the population had or have COVID-19 that means 604,568 people had or have COVID-19 in Maryland.

In summary, out of 604,568 cases of COVID-19 infection, 1,842 have died. That is a 0.3% COVID-19 death rate. The estimated CDC flu death rate is 0.2%. And this comparison is using a very low end infection rate.

Again, 83 people under the age of 50 have died from COVID-19 in Maryland. No one under the age of 20 has died.

This is not an opinion. This is not a theory. This is not a research project. I'm not remotely an expert. THESE ARE THE NUMBERS. PLEASE feel free to do some math and point out what is incorrect in the data. The numbers are real straight from the source.

STOP THE PANIC PLEASE. Respect one another, continue to practice safety methods, but use common sense.

Or you can look at it another way.

There are 6,045,680 people living in Maryland.
1,842 have died from COVID-19.
What % of the population has survived?

You really want to hide from this? OK, it's your life.

I'm not remotely an expert.

I'm glad we got that out of the way. So maybe we should listen to those who are.

No theories, numbers only please.

From somebody who claimed in a previous post that there were only 170,000 people on the planet 2020 years ago.

People on here keep puffing their chest out and making comments about others "hiding from death" and "hiding from something you can't even see". This selfishness boggles the mind. I'm not living in fear. I'm young and healthy enough that coronavirus causes little concern for me. But I'm fully aware that my actions have an effect on other people, and we have a responsibility to others in our community. I'm going to be careful not because I'm afraid to get sick, but because I'm afraid I may make somebody else sick. It's not always about ourselves.

So let's isolate the critical, one may say. In fact, some on here have beat that drum repeatedly as if such a simple and logical solution has somehow escaped the best minds on the planet who are working on this. Those same people have offered nothing in the way of how this would actually be implemented, or what this would look like. I brought up some of the issues with this in a previous post but nobody offered any suggestions. The idea sounds good, but I think it's a logistical impossibility. The closest thing we have to that now are nursing homes, and as we've seen once the virus gets in (and it will) the residents are fish in a barrel.

I have to ask, for those of you who think we are overreacting, how many people have to die before you change your mind? If 90,000 deaths in 3 months (even with all the precautions we've taken) doesn't do it, what will? If we could go back to before this all began and I told you that over the next 3 months there was going to be a highly transmissible virus that we don't know much about and was going to be one of the leading causes of death in the country, how would you respond?

My heart goes out to those of you who have been financially impacted. It truly does. I wish you all nothing but success. I also hope this experience will have people thinking of pertinent issues with an open mind when they head to the polls next time.

I have a great source. Try the Official Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 website with real statistics and death counts.

THESE ARE THE REAL NUMBERS
SOURCE: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/

As of May 17
CONFIRMED CASES: 37,968
DEATHS: 1,842

Here are the death totals from the official Maryland count broken down by age:

20-29 -- 10 deaths
30-29 -- 22 deaths
40-49 -- 51 deaths
50-59 -- 123 deaths
60-69 -- 290 deaths
70-79 -- 449 deaths
80+ -- 817 deaths

83 people under the age of 50 have died from COVID-19 in Maryland. No one under the age of 20 has died.

There are currently 4 different university medical research studies testing antibodies that have determined 1 out of 5 people have or had COVID-19. Here is the New York study.

SOURCE: https://www.livescience.com/covid-antibody-test-results-new…

That means 20% of the population had or have COVID-19 already. But let's stick with the really low end of that research and use numbers where only 10% of the population had or have COVID-19.

The population of Maryland is currently 6.046 million or 6,045,680 to be more exact. If 10% of the population had or have COVID-19 that means 604,568 people had or have COVID-19 in Maryland.

In summary, out of 604,568 cases of COVID-19 infection, 1,842 have died. That is a 0.3% COVID-19 death rate. The estimated CDC flu death rate is 0.2%. And this comparison is using a very low end infection rate.

Again, 83 people under the age of 50 have died from COVID-19 in Maryland. No one under the age of 20 has died.

This is not an opinion. This is not a theory. This is not a research project. I'm not remotely an expert. THESE ARE THE NUMBERS. PLEASE feel free to do some math and point out what is incorrect in the data. The numbers are real straight from the source.

STOP THE PANIC PLEASE. Respect one another, continue to practice safety methods, but use common sense.

According to the CDC your 0.3% is on the low end for Maryland.. It is as high as 0.7%. That still 3 to 7 times more deadly than the seasonal flu based on Maryland. And everyone keeps forgetting that's with social distancing practices in place. Something that isn't done with the seasonal flu. In case you don't know what social distancing practices are, that would be; wearing masks, canceling school, shutting down business, land, air, and sea travel, sporting events, church along with other social gatherings and events. Not to mention keeping people 6 feet apart. What do you imagine the death rate would be without these measures? Are we really even having this discussion?

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/

From a USATODAY article

"A 1% mortality rate “means it is 10-times more lethal than the seasonal flu,” Fauci said. “I think that’s something people can get their arms around and understand.”

A 99% survival rate might sound promising. But when it’s scaled out to the rest of the country – all 329 million residents – a 1% survival rate takes on a different meaning.

The attending physician for Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court predicted early in the pandemic that 70 million to 150 million U.S. residents would contract COVID-19. A 1% mortality rate at that scale of infection is between 700,000 and 1.5 million dead – roughly the population of Washington, D.C., on the low end or the entire population of Hawaii on the high end."

Last edited:
I'm glad we got that out of the way. So maybe we should listen to those who are.

From somebody who claimed in a previous post that there were only 170,000 people on the planet 2020 years ago.

People on here keep puffing their chest out and making comments about others "hiding from death" and "hiding from something you can't even see". This selfishness boggles the mind. I'm not living in fear. I'm young and healthy enough that coronavirus causes little concern for me. But I'm fully aware that my actions have an effect on other people, and we have a responsibility to others in our community. I'm going to be careful not because I'm afraid to get sick, but because I'm afraid I may make somebody else sick. It's not always about ourselves.

So let's isolate the critical, one may say. In fact, some on here have beat that drum repeatedly as if such a simple and logical solution has somehow escaped the best minds on the planet who are working on this. Those same people have offered nothing in the way of how this would actually be implemented, or what this would look like. I brought up some of the issues with this in a previous post but nobody offered any suggestions. The idea sounds good, but I think it's a logistical impossibility. The closest thing we have to that now are nursing homes, and as we've seen once the virus gets in (and it will) the residents are fish in a barrel.

I have to ask, for those of you who think we are overreacting, how many people have to die before you change your mind? If 90,000 deaths in 3 months (even with all the precautions we've taken) doesn't do it, what will? If we could go back to before this all began and I told you that over the next 3 months there was going to be a highly transmissible virus that we don't know much about and was going to be one of the leading causes of death in the country, how would you respond?

My heart goes out to those of you who have been financially impacted. It truly does. I wish you all nothing but success. I also hope this experience will have people thinking of pertinent issues with an open mind when they head to the polls next time.

I have shown experts opinions with dozens of links to sources. Multiple disease experts that have studied contagion diseases longer than you have been alive. But if they don't jive with the "experts" you listen to, who dismiss any type of data that lessens the death calculations, it gets dismissed. You and many others live with SFS (Selective Fear Syndrome). Try to look outside the window for once. There is plenty to be fearful about if you really want it to be. But repeated ads thrown at the human race hundreds of times funnels that fear into one aspect. Advertising works.

Yes, 64 million people will die in 2020. I'm very sorry it happens. I'm using certified numbers...not opinions, not models, not theories.

How many people were on the planet 2020 years ago?

I had both of my closest grandparents die of pneumonia. It sucked. Someone gave them a flu and they contracted pneumonia and died. That is how old and sick people die. It sucks. But that is part of life. Stop fearing it.

Last edited:
According to the CDC your 0.3% is on the low end for Maryland.. It is as high as 0.7%. That still 3 to 7 times more deadly than the seasonal flu based on Maryland. And everyone keeps forgetting that's with social distancing practices in place. Something that isn't done with the seasonal flu. In case you don't know what social distancing practices are, that would be; wearing masks, canceling school, shutting down business, land, air, and sea travel, sporting events, church along with other social gatherings and events. Not to mention keeping people 6 feet apart. What do you imagine the death rate would be without these measures? Are we really even having this discussion?

From a USATODAY article

"A 1% mortality rate “means it is 10-times more lethal than the seasonal flu,” Fauci said. “I think that’s something people can get their arms around and understand.”

A 99% survival rate might sound promising. But when it’s scaled out to the rest of the country – all 329 million residents – a 1% survival rate takes on a different meaning.

The attending physician for Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court predicted early in the pandemic that 70 million to 150 million U.S. residents would contract COVID-19. A 1% mortality rate at that scale of infection is between 700,000 and 1.5 million dead – roughly the population of Washington, D.C., on the low end or the entire population of Hawaii on the high end."

You have the Maryland state numbers now. Please plug them in and tell me what you find.

COV is more deadly than the flu, no question.
The estimated death rate for the flu is 0.2%.
The estimated death rate for COV in Maryland is 0.3% to 0.5%.
Do you know how to multiple 0.2% times 5, 7 or 10? I am just giving you the numbers. You can do the math. I encourage you to do so.

The estimated death total from COV on April 1 was 2.2 million people dead in America. Yet you are still quoting "experts" who said so. You should not need to be told by someone else, just do the math.

I'm sure you have heard of glass half full or half empty. I show you where out of 6 million people in Maryland roughly 2000 have died from COV. You turn around and tell me that a 99.5% survival rate is the world collapsing. FEAR IS AN AMAZING TOOL.

Last edited:

From a USATODAY article

I have shown experts opinions with dozens of links to sources. Multiple disease experts that have studied contagion diseases longer than you have been alive. But if they don't jive with the "experts" you listen to, who dismiss any type of data that lessens the death calculations, it gets dismissed. You and many others live with SFS (Selective Fear Syndrome). Try to look outside the window for once. There is plenty to be fearful about if you really want it to be. But repeated ads thrown at the human race hundreds of times funnels that fear into one aspect. Advertising works.

Yes, 64 million people will die in 2020. I'm very sorry it happens. I'm using certified numbers...not opinions, not models, not theories.

How many people were on the planet 2020 years ago?

I had both of my closest grandparents die of pneumonia. It sucked. Someone gave them a flu and they contracted pneumonia and died. That is how old and sick people die. It sucks. But that is part of life. Stop fearing it.

Well, I am fearful... fearful that we have sold our dignity and freedom like a $2 whore. Mounting 'presumed' death rates along with every positive test becoming a 'new case' has resulted in the government telling us when we can leave our home and if we can make a living. Yes, I am fearful. We have imported a Chinese government along with the virus.

Last edited:
Well, I am fearful... fearful that we have sold our dignity and freedom like a $2 whore. Mounting 'presumed' death rates along with every positive test becoming a 'new case' has resulted in the government telling us when we can leave our home and if we make a living. Yes, I am fearful. We have imported a Chinese government along with the virus.

Politically, you are either on the right or the left and there is very little balance in between. I have found myself drifting too far to one side on many occasions and try my best to readjust. It's not easy because there is so much hate through disagreement. Not pointing fingers either because I've been guilty of it too many times.

In the age of world connection and narcissism the two party system has failed by epic proportions. Social media has driven the ME world and there are over 2 trillion graphic memes to prove so. If ME don't get what ME wants ME going to get mad. So the majority never rules. Democracy is long gone.

You have the Maryland state numbers now. Please plug them in and tell me what you find.

Do you know how to multiple 0.2% times 5, 7 or 10? I am just giving you the numbers. You can do the math. I encourage you to do so.

The estimated death total from COV on April 1 was 2.2 million people dead in America. Yet you are still quoting "experts" who said so. You should not need to be told by someone else, just do the math.

I'm sure you have heard of glass half full or half empty. I show you where out of 6 million people in Maryland roughly 2000 have died from COV. You turn around and tell me that a 99.5% survival rate is the world collapsing. FEAR IS AN AMAZING TOOL.

Scroll down to MD and you can see as of 5/13 COV listed deaths in MD were 1,643 and 995 were in nursing homes.... where... again, the average person had 6 months to a year to live. Only the media to a gullible public can extrapolate 'presumed' COV deaths in nursing homes to a projected death rate to the general public..... but they do.... and the public is gullible.

Politically, you are either on the right or the left and there is very little balance in between. I have found myself drifting too far to one side on many occasions and try my best to readjust. It's not easy because there is so much hate through disagreement. Not pointing fingers either because I've been guilty of it too many times.

In the age of world connection and narcissism the two party system has failed by epic proportions. Social media has driven the ME world and there are over 2 trillion graphic memes to prove so. If ME don't get what ME wants ME going to get mad. So the majority never rules. Democracy is long gone.

My father landed in Normandy, fought across France and was in the Battle of the Bulge. He always believed it was worth it to preserve the freedoms and opportunities we enjoyed. That generation charged machine gun nests for a higher calling.

We don't cherish freedom now because of a generational ignorance through mass victimhood. What were sticks-n-stones then are microaggressions now. The coin of the realm is aggrieved.

The education level in this country of a constitutional republic is about the size of Eddie Gaedel's strike zone. It's easy to give up what you never understood you had.

Last edited:

Why do I need to plug numbers in? The CDC provides the state by state death rate. I will provide the link again in case you missed it. It seems as though you're intentionally inflating and deflating numbers when it suits you. From all accounts that I've read the seasonal flu avg. death rate is .1% not .2% that you keep saying. The Maryland Covid death rate is between .3% and .7% according the the CDC not .5% that you've lowered. If you need to fudge and skew the numbers in your favor that tells me all I need to know. Once again the Covid death rate is 3-7 times more deadly than the seasonal flu in Maryland. That's without seasonal flu social distancing measures and with Covid social distancing measures. You don't need to hypothesize, use slight of hand statistics or jedi mind tricks to understand that the seasonal flu would be even less than .1% with social distancing measures and Covid 19 would be far more deadly without social distancing measures. Social distancing has kept Covid 19 at 3-7 times more deadly than the flu. Without these measures Stevie Wonder can see that it would be far worse. Any further discussion is beating a dead horse.

Why do I need to plug numbers in? The CDC provides the state by state death rate. I will provide the link again in case you missed it. It seems as though you're intentionally inflating and deflating numbers when it suits you. From all accounts that I've read the seasonal flu avg. death rate is .1% not .2% that you keep saying. The Maryland Covid death rate is between .3% and .7% according the the CDC not .5% that you've lowered. If you need to fudge and skew the numbers in your favor that tells me all I need to know. Once again the Covid death rate is 3-7 times more deadly than the seasonal flu in Maryland. That's without seasonal flu social distancing measures and with Covid social distancing measures. You don't need to hypothesize, use slight of hand statistics or jedi mind tricks to understand that the seasonal flu would be even less than .1% with social distancing measures and Covid 19 would be far more deadly without social distancing measures. Social distancing has kept Covid 19 at 3-7 times more deadly than the flu. Without these measures Stevie Wonder can see that it would be far worse. Any further discussion is beating a dead horse.

.5% is between .3% and .7%

COV is deadlier than the flu. No argument. Although it's getting much closer.

1,842 people have died in Maryland from COV. Over 6 million people have not. There can be no argument.

The flu killed both my grandparents when it turned to pneumonia but I didn't see anyone in public wearing a ****ing mask. Last winter 80,000 people in the US died from the flu, did anyone wear a mask? It is a rhetorical question...of course no one did. If your point is to save lives then you have been living a lie. In your world everyone should have to wear a mask during any flu or virus flare up. I could be wrong, maybe you only care about lives all of the sudden.

SOURCE: 80,000 killed by the flu last winter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT