ADVERTISEMENT

All MPSSAA winter and spring sports have been suspended indefinitely

Simple question: What constitutes safe for reopening schools?

That no one dies?
That COVID disappears?
When there is a cure/vaccine?
When the case count drops (and then close when it spikes again)?
When we have more than 4 people in the county hospital beds?

Please be specific.

When scientists and virologists can fully get a grip on the safest way to do it and offer guidelines on how to do it. And there is no "expectancy" of an acceptable number of deaths of kids and staff. But I would say, if I must choose one of your examples, when there is a vaccine.

Oh wait nevermind, the reality star in chief says dont listen to those people. And so does Lag.

So yeah, you're right; guess its safe. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bigsavage
That's bullshit. They are reacting to the phony data.
Because the hospitals have been lying!!!!!!
Once again... you never bother to read anything. I previously posted the Florida results where they have been fudging the data to get 100% positive results. The question then, is how many hospitals in how many states have been lying. We know they are combining antibodies with positive tests.... So, this is even worse....

Again.... here is the phony data that was reported:
Ecvpg5BXYAcnXkO

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecvpg5BXYAcnXkO?format=png&name=medium

We dont live in Florida.

We dont live in Florida.

FHHSAHS
Swedens death rates are ridiculous. And their economy has suffered immensely and will continue to. But they didnt wear masks, kept bars and schools open....and depended on the sensibility of the citizens.

Ugh.... you don't live in Sweden either. So, why are you posting information about Sweden?

When scientists and virologists can fully get a grip on the safest way to do it and offer guidelines on how to do it. And there is no "expectancy" of an acceptable number of deaths of kids and staff. But I would say, if I must choose one of your examples, when there is a vaccine.

Oh wait nevermind, the reality star in chief says dont listen to those people. And so does Lag.

So yeah, you're right; guess its safe. :rolleyes:

Two different subjects Lag.

First off, the Florida positive numbers ARE correct. The issue has never been that the positive results are inflated. The issue is SOME labs were not also reporting their negatives. So it threw the percentages off by not showing the negatives. But if the lab reported there were 200 positive cases...there WERE 200 positive cases. That was not in doubt. https://www.local10.com/news/florid...-werent-reporting-negative-coronavirus-tests/

Secondly, I didnt bring Sweden into the mix, TD did when he posted his list. My response was to him based on what he posted..

Try to keep up, Boomer.

Two different subjects Lag.

First off, the Florida positive numbers ARE correct. The issue has never been that the positive results are inflated. The issue is SOME labs were not also reporting their negatives. So it threw the percentages off by not showing the negatives. But if the lab reported there were 200 positive cases...there WERE 200 positive cases. That was not in doubt. https://www.local10.com/news/florid...-werent-reporting-negative-coronavirus-tests/

Secondly, I didnt bring Sweden into the mix, TD did when he posted his list. My response was to him based on what he posted..

Try to keep up, Boomer.

They are not.... In the first place, they combine antibodies with positives. So, all those positives are in fact not positives at all. They are reporting 100% positives. Second of all, if you are discussing Sweden.... you are discussing Sweden.

Surprise... you are not the final arbiter of relevance.... especially when you ignore the vid of the pediatricians and make some total mindless, bullshit comment about keeping schools closed until there is a vaccine. Usually, that comment is reserved for deadbeat teachers - all fat and sassy no matter who else is suffering... (ugh, maybe that is you).

I do see some of the cynical and selfish logic: if 75% of MD seniors need remedial work in junior college.... what is another 25%? Push 'em out the door! Fug' em.... Let 'em go torch a Wendy's.... Besides.... All the high school grads need to know today is how to spray paint graffiti, right? Who gives a shit if they spell the words wrong.

And some doctors still smoke cigarettes, but they're still doctors.

These 5 people say its fine to go back to school. I could find another 5 doctors say its not fine. I'd rather err on the side of caution if there is no clear consensus on whether its safe or not.

And some doctors still smoke cigarettes, but they're still doctors.

Not to accuse you of pulling this out of your ass.... but could you name a current practicing doctor who smokes... that is so one wouldn't think you pulled this out of your ass.

Also, the vid was of actual, leading pediatricians who MSNBC claims are universally recognized as such.

Last edited:
U. S. Citizens permitted to visit the 27 EU countries? Nope.

Big 10 Football out of conference games this year? Nope.

Ivy League Football this year? Nope.

Rose Bowl Parade in 2021? Nope.

All the above indications of a significant concern? Yep.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...ade-canceled-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...y-big-ten-pac-12-sec-big-12-acc-mountain-west

Harvard will hold all classes online next year — but still charge full tuition

Harvard’s $49,653 annual tuition will remain the same, the school stated.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/06/harvard-will-hold-all-classes-online-next-year-charge-full-tuition/

U. S. Citizens permitted to visit the 27 EU countries? Nope.

Big 10 Football out of conference games this year? Nope.

Rose Bowl Parade in 2021? Nope.

All the above indications of a significant concern? Yep.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...ade-canceled-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...y-big-ten-pac-12-sec-big-12-acc-mountain-west

So why are you still leaving your home?
I'm not wearing a mask anymore. Just stay home.

So why are you still leaving your home?
I'm not wearing a mask anymore. Just stay home.

Do I go to work each day? Yes.

Have I attended person-to-person church services the last two weeks? Yes.

Have I taken Holy Communion the last two weeks? Yes.

Have safety precautions been made to allow Holy Communion? Yes.

Is the liturgical worship service the same as it was pre-COVID-19? No.

Do I go to the gym on a regular basis? Yes.

Am I going on vacation this year? No.

Have I been to a sit-down restaurant since late March? No.

When I go places do I wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wear gloves? Absolutely.

Am I immune to COVID-19, even while I take precautions? No.

What do I honestly believe about individuals who do not wear masks in public places? I view them as selfish.

End of story.

Last edited:

Harvard will hold all classes online next year — but still charge full tuition

Harvard’s $49,653 annual tuition will remain the same, the school stated.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/06/harvard-will-hold-all-classes-online-next-year-charge-full-tuition/

If I get take out at a high-quality restaurant, it will cost me the same.

If I purchase a bottle of TH’s good lemonade as part of a take out meal, it still cost me the same amount as if I drank the lemonade on site.

What is your point?

Last edited:
Furthermore...

“Arizona State University, for example, one of biggest advocates for, and largest providers of, online schooling, charges online students more. Estimated tuition for Arizona residents is $6,219 per semester in the online program and $5,396 for the same program at the Tempe campus. The University of Central Florida, which also has one of the largest online programs in the country, charges in-state students an $18 per credit “distance learning fee” that on campus students don’t pay – $216 more per student per semester for the minimum full-time attendance.

That’s not unusual.

According to The Changing Landscape of Online Education (CHLOE2) by Quality Matters and Eduventures/Encoura – a survey of 182 academic and institutional officers in charge of digital learning at their schools – nearly three-quarters of online programs (74%) charged the same tuition for online programs and on campus ones. And nearly a quarter (23%) said they charged more for their online programs than the others. Accounting for different pricing systems and for different programs, 18% also said they charged less for online offerings. But, based on the responses, it is clear that online programs are, at best, not less expensive.

Those programs in the CHLOE2 survey that said they charged more for online programs said they did because they cost more. The three main reasons for higher online tuition were, in order, “Added costs of online instruction and support services,” the “Added cost of online course and program development,” and “Added costs of online program marketing.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/dereknewton/2018/06/25/why-college-tuition-is-actually-higher-for-online-programs/

If I get take out at a high-quality restaurant, it will cost me the same.

If I purchase a bottle of TH’s good lemonade as part of a take out meal, it still cost me the same amount as if I drank the lemonade on site.

What is your point?

The point is if you don't understand the difference between a high quality give and take of a classroom (and study groups/individual professor conferences), especially at the collegiate level, then explaining it to you is a waste of time. But, I'm sure TH appreciates you comparing his lemonade to Harvard.

Last edited:
Furthermore...

“Arizona State University, for example, one of biggest advocates for, and largest providers of, online schooling, charges online students more. Estimated tuition for Arizona residents is $6,219 per semester in the online program and $5,396 for the same program at the Tempe campus. The University of Central Florida, which also has one of the largest online programs in the country, charges in-state students an $18 per credit “distance learning fee” that on campus students don’t pay – $216 more per student per semester for the minimum full-time attendance.

That’s not unusual.

According to The Changing Landscape of Online Education (CHLOE2) by Quality Matters and Eduventures/Encoura – a survey of 182 academic and institutional officers in charge of digital learning at their schools – nearly three-quarters of online programs (74%) charged the same tuition for online programs and on campus ones. And nearly a quarter (23%) said they charged more for their online programs than the others. Accounting for different pricing systems and for different programs, 18% also said they charged less for online offerings. But, based on the responses, it is clear that online programs are, at best, not less expensive.

Those programs in the CHLOE2 survey that said they charged more for online programs said they did because they cost more. The three main reasons for higher online tuition were, in order, “Added costs of online instruction and support services,” the “Added cost of online course and program development,” and “Added costs of online program marketing.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/dereknewton/2018/06/25/why-college-tuition-is-actually-higher-for-online-programs/

“Added costs of online program marketing.”

Ugh, sure.... colleges charge more 'cause they're strapped for money... [chuckle... snort... wheeze].

How about they can't milk the students for other expenses, so they jack up the price of online courses. I mean... they have hot-n-cold running teaching assistants to do all the friggin' work anyhow. Now the professors do less than shit.

Why haven't our local schools demanded more money for all the online expenses they have been suffering? (Oh, shit.... I just gave 'em an idea.)

The point is if you don't understand the difference between a high quality give and take of a classroom (and study groups/individual professor conferences), especially at the collegiate level, then explaining it to you is a waste of time. But, I'm sure TH appreciates you comparing his lemonade to Harvard.

It is rather obvious to me you don’t know anything about online learning platforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: FHHSAHS
Do I go to work each day? Yes.

Have I attended person-to-person church services the last two weeks? Yes.

Have I taken Holy Communion the last two weeks? Yes.

Have safety precautions been made to allow Holy Communion? Yes.

Is the liturgical worship service the same as it was pre-COVID-19? No.

Do I go to the gym on a regular basis? Yes.

Am I going on vacation this year? No.

Have I been to a sit-down restaurant since late March? No.

When I go places do I wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wear gloves? Absolutely.

Am I immune to COVID-19, even while I take precautions? No.

What do I honestly believe about individuals who do not wear masks in public places? I view them as selfish.

End of story.

What do I honestly believe about individuals who go to the gym and church while telling others how to deal with the virus? I view them as unintelligent.

Selective Fear Syndrome is about greed.

Some schools will close, some will not. So what is the point if everyone does not follow the same COVID path? God Bless the USA (sarc).

What do I honestly believe about individuals who go to the gym and church while telling others how to deal with the virus? I view them as unintelligent.

Some schools will close, some will not. So what is the point if everyone does not follow the same COVID path? God Bless the USA (sarc).

All I can say is I have been more than honest about where I go and the precautions I take.

Unlike some who have posted, I know the virus is real and contagious, so I take the recommended precautions. Yes, I respect the virus, and I respect those around me.

At church, there is an extremely strict protocol that is followed. If one doesn’t comply that person can always view the online service offering.

Again, will the precautions I take be enough to remain free of the virus? I don’t know.

If the gym was not open I would not go. In fact, I wasn’t able to do so for three months.

My point since day #1 has been the virus can’t be dismissed. It is real, and it is rather rampant in the U. S. today because folks are impatient and selfish.

Peace to All!

Especially someone beating the drum for everything online.... exercise at home... dial up a televangelist and get your own wine and bread for communion. After all, it's a deadly pandemic.

Especially someone beating the drum for everything online.... exercise at home... dial up a televangelist and get your own wine and bread for communion. After all, it's a deadly pandemic.

From the master of saying “churches can’t open, but mobs can rule.”

So...I mention going to church with precautions and you condemn me for it.

Lag - the - troll.

All I can say is I have been more than honest about where I go and the precautions I take.

Unlike some who have posted, I know the virus is real and contagious, so I take the recommended precautions. Yes, I respect the virus, and I respect those around me.

At church, there is an extremely strict protocol that is followed. If one doesn’t comply that person can always view the online service offering.

Again, will the precautions I take be enough to remain free of the virus? I don’t know.

If the gym was not open I would not go. In fact, I wasn’t able to do so for three months.

My point since day #1 has been the virus can’t be dismissed. It is real, and it is rather rampant in the U. S. today because folks are impatient and selfish.

Peace to All!

The truly selfish are those who deny children a real education that includes teachers physically seeing the children and the ability to talk to a counselor about any abuse they might be suffering at home. Then again, it isn't really about children is it.... or even about the virus... otherwise mobs would not be okay.

From the master of saying “churches can’t open, but mobs can rule.”

So...I mention going to church with precautions and you condemn me for it.

Lag - the - troll.

Is that supposed to be an exact quote of mine? My reference was to you tub-thumping online versus actually showing up for lessons..... as in getting the gospel online should be just as good for you as showing up since you are so supportive of the online platforms.

German study finds no evidence coronavirus spreads in schools
https://news.yahoo.com/german-study-finds-no-evidence-164704005.html

For every so-called "expert" or "scientist" or "health care professional" we all use to prove our stance, there is another one of these "experts" that says the opposite. From a conclusion we have to realize no one has the correct answer.

The bottom line for me personally is that I don't care what a person thinks. They are entitled to their opinions. But when you force what you believe on how I need to live then I'm going to call it out. If you don't want your kids to go to school, then home school them. But don't force my kids to stay home. If you don't want your kids to play football because it's dangerous then don't. But don't make that decision for my family. So again..

If you are fearful of COVID that's fine. But don't push your fears on me to decide how I live and die. Just stay home if you are that concerned others are spreading the virus. STAY HOME!

German study finds no evidence coronavirus spreads in schools
https://news.yahoo.com/german-study-finds-no-evidence-164704005.html

For every so-called "expert" or "scientist" or "health care professional" we all use to prove our stance, there is another one of these "experts" that says the opposite. From a conclusion we have to realize no one has the correct answer.

The bottom line for me personally is that I don't care what a person thinks. They are entitled to their opinions. But when you force what you believe on how I need to live then I'm going to call it out. If you don't want your kids to go to school, then home school them. But don't force my kids to stay home. If you don't want your kids to play football because it's dangerous then don't. But don't make that decision for my family. So again..

If you are fearful of COVID that's fine. But don't push your fears on me to decide how I live and die. Just stay home if you are that concerned others are spreading the virus. STAY HOME!

Headline says there is NO evidence that coronavirus spreads in schools. However the article literally states multiple instances where it is believed the virus isn't spread 'very quickly' in schools, which is not "NO evidence that it spreads".

And this isnt for ALL of Germany...only studied schools in the region of Saxony, about the size of Connecticut. An area of Germany with one of the lowest rates of coronavirus in the first place.

Stack the deck much? This articles headline is misleading, and the sample size isnt even remotely close to being respective of the entire country, let alone being comparable to the US. Basically what I'm saying is, this article alone doesnt "prove" that opening schools in America is safe. Its a start to a very long process of studies.

Last edited:
Headline says there is NO evidence that coronavirus spreads in schools. However the article literally states multiple instances where it is believed the virus isn't spread 'very quickly' in schools, which is not "NO evidence that it spreads".

And this isnt for ALL of Germany...only studied schools in the region of Saxony, about the size of Connecticut. An area of Germany with one of the lowest rates of coronavirus in the first place.

Stack the deck much? This articles headline is misleading, and the sample size isnt even remotely close to being respective of the entire country, let alone being comparable to the US. Basically what I'm saying is, this article alone doesnt "prove" that opening schools in America is safe. Its a start to a very long process of studies.

....sample size...
....doesnt "prove" that opening schools in America is safe.....

Are you aware that the flu vaccine for 2018-2019 was reported by the CDC as 29% effective. The most effective since 2009 was 2010-2011 at 60% effective.

Are you aware, according to the PLOS (Public Library of Science), that the total test subjects for approval of new medicines can average under 2,000 for standard medicines and under 2,500 for chronic medications.

I have the links but I will temporarily hold them back to force you to do at least a modicum of research, since you appear to be one of two things: an ignorant 'true believer' bereft of reality or a 'sociopath' who couldn't care less how many lives are destroyed in pursuit of your goals.

Reactions: RedPride97

You mean like headlines that say this: Record case count in Florida today - while never mentioning they tested a record amount. LOL

Copy & Paste

County Release: The Allegany County health department recently held COVID-19 testing at the fairgrounds on 7/9 and 7/12. There were 1,059 individuals tested. 1,055 tests came back negative and 4 positive. 2 of the 4 were county residents while the other 2 were out of state residents.

So when is it safe to go back to school? When zero people test positive instead of 4? Wow, smh.

And as I just posted...BISHOP WALSH WILL OPEN SCHOOL

So what good is it for some schools to open and some to close in regards to containing COVID? Does anyone see what I have been saying for 4 months. How many times did everyone leave their home in March and April while telling others to stay home? How many here went on vacation this summer while preaching about wearing a mask. None of it matters if everyone does not follow the protocols. Un****ing real.

And as I just posted...BISHOP WALSH WILL OPEN SCHOOL

So what good is it for some schools to open and some to close in regards to containing COVID? Does anyone see what I have been saying for 4 months. How many times did everyone leave their home in March and April while telling others to stay home? How many here went on vacation this summer while preaching about wearing a mask. None of it matters if everyone does not follow the protocols. Un****ing real.

BISHOP WALSH WILL OPEN SCHOOL.... This is a really good thing: some living a normal life and others banging their heads against the wall at home. Gotta give somewhere. Surprising to me that if a governor took the liberty to order some private businesses to close, why not private schools too. Can't take the risk of showing that children have more natural immunity to the Kung flu than a vaccine would give them.

BISHOP WALSH WILL OPEN SCHOOL.... This is a really good thing: some living a normal life and others banging their heads against the wall at home. Gotta give somewhere. Surprising to me that if a governor took the liberty to order some private businesses to close, why not private schools too. Can't take the risk of showing that children have more natural immunity to the Kung flu than a vaccine would give them.

Private schools being open is ok. The virus doesn't spread if kids pay a tuition and wear masks. SFS - Selective Fear Syndrome.

Private schools being open is ok. The virus doesn't spread if kids pay a tuition and wear masks. SFS - Selective Fear Syndrome.

Plus, just think... if the privates don't open the parents ain't paying. In the pubs, teachers and admins can still sit on their fat lazy stay-at-home asses and collect full pay.

Reactions: TDHelmick
Plus, just think... if the privates don't open the parents ain't paying. In the pubs, teachers and admins can still sit on their fat lazy stay-at-home asses and collect full pay.

Yep. Then again...when was any of this COVID crap really about safety?

This school can open, this school can't.

Wear a mask. But it's different if I have to drink beer with buddies.

Stay home orders, but people from NYC just flew here and rented the house next door.

250,000 people are in the street rioting OK. 50 people at church not OK.

This business with 20 customers in the store has to close, this one with 1500 customers in the store doesn't.

Europe and Asia have schools open. Yea but the US is different.
Etc., Etc., Etc.

Gee, I can't figure out why we can't slow the spread of COVID.

Last edited:
So far 30 children under the age of 15 have died. In a normal flu year 190 children under 15 die of the flu...why is it that we never hear about that? Why is it that covid deaths are more publicized? For all of you who are arguing back and forth with all of your statistics maybe it's as simple as the answer to this question...think about it.

I posted this on another board but will also post it here. I teach and have coached in WV for over 30 years. When I first began teaching we took reasonable risks with our students. 99.9% of the time nothing happened (in fact it's hard to recall anything that did happen beyond normal).

As time went on school systems began taking zero risks for numerous reasons. They will take zero risks PERIOD! I'm not going to express why or how I feel about this, that is a whole other thread.

I will be surprised if we attend school in person or have sports until a vaccine is developed. I'm not hear to present what I do or do not know about CO-VID, masks, what's open or closed or any other thing that divides us.

My thoughts are simple on this. Let parents and teachers decide. You make the choice online or in-person then YOU assume the risks of your decision. Same goes with sports, you decide then YOU assume the risk.

Personally I want in person learning to occur and I want to teach and maybe even coach again. I'll take the consequences of my choice good or bad. More importantly I want my students to get the opportunities they deserve and to get the best education they can. I also want them to participate in the extracurricular activities that teach life-long lessons to help make them better people and productive members of society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT