ADVERTISEMENT

Alco vs. Southern suspensions from brawl

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
3 Alco payers were officially ejected from the brawl with Southern tonight. Don't have names or numbers.

If a player leaves the bench it is an automatic ejection. I have been told by local refs if this was a basketball game Alco would have all players but like 15 of them ejected. The ref association and local admins will review the video and they can suspend any player upon further review.

With that said, I hope no one is suspended. However if this is the rule then you can't just apply it when you see fit. If a kid is ejected or left the bench and suffers no penalty, then it must apply in all future situations.

But know this is a fact: if a player leaves the bench it is an automatic ejection and a suspension for the next game. And it can be reviewed.

This one is going to be interesting all week. Boy howdie the politics will be red hot with this one.

EVERYBODY on Alleagny's sidelines left the bench area ! The only Allegany people how didn't leave the bench area was the 11 players on the field.

Reactions: towpath94
And, the one Southern coach grabs the Allegany player on the ground by his facemask. Another Alco player is standing around and a Southern coach runs in and pushes him out of the way.

Last edited:
As rumors go there is other video and post from other forms of social media that will also be sent down state for review,one such post is some ALCO football players on the bus as well as coaches saying a nice hello to southern with these hand full of players and coaches giving them the middle finger . I think the ALCO coaching staff should be on its way out this is not how you teach kids to be men. What a TERRIBLE EXAMPLE TO SET! I do believe other kids and possibly ALCO head coach need to sit a game

And, the one Southern coach grabs the Allegany player on the ground by his facemask. Another Alco player is standing around and a Southern coach runs in and pushes him out of the way.

It is clear that the Southern coach was breaking up the fight and he initially grabbed the Alco player and would not let him up for a second while another coach grabbed the Southern player. The coach then touching the Alco player immediately sat him up then the Alco player for whatever reason took his own helmet off and tossed it. Come on, lag, get off the pipe and quit hyping this up. The Southern coaches did a good job. You say nothing about another Alco player well after the initial scuffle giving a forearm shiver/shove to a Southern coach trying to keep the players separated. Knock it off, dude.

Last edited:
I don't believe for one second that any of the coaching staff gave anyone the finger. That is not what Bryan is about. I believe he wants his team to have some attitude and I do not see anything wrong with that. Southern ran thier mouths all week about how they were going to whip Alco, sure the kids and staff had a chip on thier shoulder

Reactions: Lagmeister
It is clear that the Southern coach was breaking up the fight and he initially grabbed the Alco player and would not let him up for a second while another coach grabbed the Southern player. The coach then touching the Alco player immediately sat him up then the Alco player for whatever reason took his own helmet off and tossed it. Come on, lag, get off the pipe and quit hyping this up. The Southern coaches did a good job. You say nothing about another Alco player well after the initial scuffle giving a forearm shiver/shove to a Southern coach trying to keep the players separated. Knock it off, dude.

You no doubt saw the Southern coach run out onto the field and and shove an Alco player who was just standing there but you conveniently left that out. You also saw the Southern coach continuously pushing and grabbing the Alco player on the ground, not letting him up - and, in fact, grab at the helmet in doing so.

There is no hype here. This all happened at the Southern bench. The Southern coaches were involved. This idea that it's okay for adult coaches to grab and push the opposing team's players under-the-color-of-supervision is complete bullshit.

They should solely address their own damn players and let the refs handle the other team. Every brawl I ever saw was exacerbated by one side or the other continuing to put their hands on the other team.

The catalyst to this getting out of hand lies completely with the Southern coaches who threw gasoline on an incident at their bench.

The Southern coaches didn't keep their meat-hooks off the Allegany players!

Hansel clearly knew his team came to the aid of a single player getting attacked by both the other team and the other team's coaches. That is not a bad life's lesson even if there are consequences.

A couple years ago, I posted that an Allegany team should apologize, one by one, to the Camper student body because they obviously gave up during a game. I am an equal opportunity criticizer for Alco and FH.

I don't have a problem with the Camper bench on this. The problems with high school football in this town don't wear blue as far as I am concerned.

You no doubt saw the Southern coach run out onto the field and and shove an Alco player who was just standing there but you conveniently left that out. You also saw the Southern coach continuously pushing and grabbing the Alco player on the ground, not letting him up - and, in fact, grab at the helmet in doing so.

There is no hype here. This all happened at the Southern bench. The Southern coaches were involved. This idea that it's okay for adult coaches to grab and push the opposing team's players under-the-color-of-supervision is complete bullshit.

They should solely address their own damn players and let the refs handle the other team. Every brawl I ever saw was exacerbated by one side or the other continuing to put their hands on the other team.

The catalyst to this getting out of hand lies completely with the Southern coaches who threw gasoline on an incident at their bench.

Hansel clearly knew his team came to the aid of a single player getting attacked by both the other team and the other team's coaches. That is not a bad life's lesson even if there are consequences.

A couple years ago, I posted that an Allegany team should apologize, one by one, to the Camper student body because they obviously gave up during a game. I am an equal opportunity criticizer for Alco and FH.

I don't have a problem with the Camper bench on this. The problems with high school football in this town don't wear blue as far as I am concerned.

I am just glad that you are not directly involved in coaching with kids. Adults are the authority figures on the field. You are still acting as if this Southern coach assaulted this Alco player. You are trying to amp this up for some unknown reason. I watched the video. The Southern coaches did a good job all the way around. If they did nothing do you think the refs could have prevented a brawl. There was no brawl because of the Southern coaches quick response. They did what any responsible coaches would do. Are you looking for a safe place for this Alco player since he was harmlessly touched by a coach and then immediately sat up by the coach? You make it out like his coach was throttling the kid on the ground. I don’t know the coach, I do t know the players. Stop trying to make this coach out to look like the bad guy when he did absolutely nothing wrong, even if there is a rule out there in a book somewhere he made a split second decision that helped stop a brawl, without harming anyone.

As rumors go there is other video and post from other forms of social media that will also be sent down state for review,one such post is some ALCO football players on the bus as well as coaches saying a nice hello to southern with these hand full of players and coaches giving them the middle finger . I think the ALCO coaching staff should be on its way out this is not how you teach kids to be men. What a TERRIBLE EXAMPLE TO SET! I do believe other kids and possibly ALCO head coach need to sit a game

Wing,
If you can show us the video of any Alco coach (and identify him) throwing the middle finger out of the bus window, I will personally mail you a $100 bill. If you can't produce that, then the best thing you could do for yourself and everyone on this board is accept that you're part of the problem here, and never post anything again. Ever.

You're a pot stirrer.

Coming on the board, spewing completely worthless and unfounded cat sh*t.

You add absolutely no value here.

You're an unpaid Cumberland version of the Kardashians.

*Bonus if you can even remotely explain the validity or value of the content of your post.

You have 24 hours to prove that you're not a complete clown. It's your one chance to redeem yourself.

Go.

He says the same thing every week about Alco fans.. He acts like we don't go to the games lol... Maybe some will believe his weekly garbage but most just ignore it...

The only reason Alcos bench cleared is because they were going to help a teammate who was getting man handled by an adult.. The Alco player was getting the best of the Southern player during their little fight and the Southern coach grabbed the Alco player and slammed him down. The players were already broken be up when he did this. They were just talking smack when he grabbed the Alco player.. Why didn't he grabbed his own a player If he was just trying to break them up? I bet he gets suspended or released this week...

The only reason Alcos bench cleared is because they were going to help a teammate who was getting man handled by an adult.. The Alco player was getting the best of the Southern player during their little fight and the Southern coach grabbed the Alco player and slammed him down. The players were already broken be up when he did this. They were just talking smack when he grabbed the Alco player.. Why didn't he grabbed his own a player If he was just trying to break them up? I bet he gets suspended or released this week...

What is very true is that the coach went right to the Allegany player while the Southern player was yet to be restrained at all. The Alco player was not prone on the ground at that time - he was pulled (call it slammed or whatever) to the ground and in doing so the coach grabbed at the Allegany player's helmet and refused to let the young man gain his feet.

Look, FH fanboys can claim to be rule book purists all they want. Truth is, the last thing the FH staff wants to do is constantly look over their shoulders and check the bus schedules.

Last edited:
"The Alco player was getting the best of the Southern player during their little fight and the Southern coach grabbed the Alco player and slammed him down."

From a football perspective, I'm interested in what happened before that point. LoS was the Southern 42 yardline (36:56 of the video) and the ALCO player in question got blocked and pushed back 15 yards until they crossed the boundary. Seems the Southern player was getting the better of him in the field of play. Hopefully the coaching staff will review with him the techniques for shedding a block.

Why was #50 (SG) and #72 (ALCO) not tossed? Regardless of who did what and when, they were clearly the first guilty parties. If this altercation happens at mid-field (with no other fireworks) wouldn't one assume they'd have been tossed?

'course, Jimmy Holler, is still wondering who got hit by a pitch to start the situation. Brad Wilt graded out with a D+ when he refereed at the pee wee level and the ref by the Southern's bench was more worried about picking his hat up during the scuffle.

I really do hope homecoming results in Fort Hill playing with their best players as well as Allegany playing with their best players. No excuses ! Eleven vs. eleven for 48 minutes.

"The Alco player was getting the best of the Southern player during their little fight and the Southern coach grabbed the Alco player and slammed him down."

From a football perspective, I'm interested in what happened before that point. LoS was the Southern 42 yardline (36:56 of the video) and the ALCO player in question got blocked and pushed back 15 yards until they crossed the boundary. Seems the Southern player was getting the better of him in the field of play. Hopefully the coaching staff will review with him the techniques for shedding a block.

If FH had a game called early vs Keyser because of bullshit. Then 2 weeks later the Southern bench clearing thing happens, people are going for the FH throat. But at Alco it's not even worthy of front page drama. Yes it's good to be the king. But it's also brutal. Two standards, 1 for FH and 1 for everyone else. But we prefer it this way because FH does wear the crown.

The Alco player did not get slammed by a coach at all. That is a complete exaggeration and a ridiculous claim. The video did not show any coach slamming a player. It did not happen.

100% Agree. In fact, the whole thing, as a few people have already noted, was and still is being completely blown out of proportion.

Was a brief scuffle. Nothing more. Southern coaches didn't do anything wrong but try to protect their kids and defuse the fight. I didn't see any of them do anything wrong, and let's not forget that there's no exact playbook or preparation for this scenario, as the TV announcers mentioned.

If FH had a game called early vs Keyser because of bullshit. Then 2 weeks later the Southern bench clearing thing happens, people are going for the FH throat. But at Alco it's not even worthy of front page drama. Yes it's good to be the king. But it's also brutal. Two standards, 1 for FH and 1 for everyone else. But we prefer it this way because FH does wear the crown.
This is about Southern and Alco. Leave Fort Hill out of it.

Yeah 3 players are suspended for Homecoming.. It has been confirmed this morning so what more do u want Brian H? They been talking about it all morning on WCBC... I think Brian H wants television coverage of it and more suspensions..

We might have to play alco's freshman team Saturday.............. oh wait

I can't figure this one out... can you explain the validity of your post here? From the outside, it seems like you're confirming for all of us here on the board that Alco doesn't have a freshman football team... am I close?

The Alco player did not get slammed by a coach at all. That is a complete exaggeration and a ridiculous claim. The video did not show any coach slamming a player. It did not happen.
where I was at it looked like the coach slammed the player to the ground but after watching the video of it that's not true.. I don't think he should've grabbed his facemask but it looked like he was just breaking it up. I think the whole thing is being blown up way more than it should.. I have seen fights way worse than this one at the HS level.. I mean nobody even threw a punch. I understand why those Alco players left the sideline because from over there it looked worse than what It was and any teammate would help their brother.. I apologize for my comments towards the southern coach and good luck in your game against Northern...

Instead of things improving for Cumberland, this year has highlighted the fact that high school football is just another extension of the town. There was always an attempt to hide the decay, but finally the buildings started to crumble and the drugs took over.

The first major hint this year was the delusion of a grandiose video program supporting FH. It wasn't about the students at all. The adults, no doubt, thought this was one more special thing they could brag about. Then, of course, you have the weak scheduling culminated in a meltdown over a single loss.

And then there's Allegany attempting to catch up to FH by driving a few-in-numbers team through emotion. You heard it all in Hansel's post game interview after Southern. He drove the team to play the way he played. This morning proves the ruling class in Cumberland is not set alphabetically.

For years I thought that FH best represented Cumberland in the playoffs. In truth, it only represents the adults running the program. For years I thought Allegany could become an equal. This morning it knows its place.

This mess isn't worth following.

Ok, so for anyone that was at the game or has since viewed the video, we can all agree that pretty much the ENTIRE bench from Alco came across the field. And again, whether it was right or wrong, it has and can be debated forever. But, we all know the rule as it states that if a player from the bench comes onto the field during a melee, then they will be ejected. But what I don't understand is how the officiating crew singled out 3 ALCO players from the whole group to eject. Let me first say that other than literal interpretation of the rule, I do not think any of the ALCO bench players did anything to garner an ejection. However, if those 3 players were singled out, then how could they be the only 3 . Were they just the last ones getting back across the field? Just confusing. Refs should have either ejected the whole sidelines that came across OR no one and then left it to the MPSSAA to sort it all out on Monday. By throwing out 3 players, they have kind of painted themselves into a corner.

Ok, so for anyone that was at the game or has since viewed the video, we can all agree that pretty much the ENTIRE bench from Alco came across the field. And again, whether it was right or wrong, it has and can be debated forever. But, we all know the rule as it states that if a player from the bench comes onto the field during a melee, then they will be ejected. But what I don't understand is how the officiating crew singled out 3 ALCO players from the whole group to eject. Let me first say that other than literal interpretation of the rule, I do not think any of the ALCO bench players did anything to garner an ejection. However, if those 3 players were singled out, then how could they be the only 3 . Were they just the last ones getting back across the field? Just confusing. Refs should have either ejected the whole sidelines that came across OR no one and then left it to the MPSSAA to sort it all out on Monday. By throwing out 3 players, they have kind of painted themselves into a corner.

It's because this isn't about the law (as they say) or the letter of the law. This is about making an example out of a few of players so the games can go on. Homecoming must be preserved. The tradition held by the adults must go on.

So, we pick three young men and stand them up to the firing squad - you know, like they used to do in the old French army when the front lines ran in retreat - examples must be made and lessons learned for the good of... Well, what the hell is the lesson?

I'll tell you what the lesson is: these young men don't matter. The system is a joke. The tradition is a joke. How many more things about Cumberland are we going to pretend exist when all that really exists are puffed up adult egos.

My guess is these three may have been the most aggressive of those who crossed the field. I umpire HS Baseball and had a player intentionally plow a first baseman in one of my games last year. Of course the entire defensive team came out of the dugout to join the melee. But there were two players who got all up in the scuffle and caused it to escalate.

Afterwards, I ended up ejecting the player who started it, and the two bench players who were the most aggressive. I explained to the defensive coach, that by rule I could have ejected everyone who left the dugout, and he didn't give too big an argument. BTW, one of them was the DH, so don't think he was ok because it was scrubs.

I agree with most reasonable folks on here that regardless of the team, chances are really high that any team is going to respond like Alco did here. Even FH.

But come on Camper folks, that coach didn't slam anyone down, he didn't grab the player by his face mask, he pulled him back by the Jersey, and to me it looked like he was even trying not to be too forceful. He pulled the player back and then another coach grabbed the southern kid.

What nobody has mentioned at all, is the Alco player who came into the scrum throwing a punch after this happened. Its not clear if it landed, but you can see him run in and jump and punch.

There was also a southern coach that did a little pushing near the end of it, that drew an Alco coach reaction. That should not have happened, but I don't think it was egregious. It really could have escalated which is why he should not have done it.

And for those wondering why the two players who started the whole thing weren't thrown out, normally unless they throw punches, this is not an eject-able offense.

My guess is these three may have been the most aggressive of those who crossed the field. I umpire HS Baseball and had a player intentionally plow a first baseman in one of my games last year. Of course the entire defensive team came out of the dugout to join the melee. But there were two players who got all up in the scuffle and caused it to escalate.

Afterwards, I ended up ejecting the player who started it, and the two bench players who were the most aggressive. I explained to the defensive coach, that by rule I could have ejected everyone who left the dugout, and he didn't give too big an argument. BTW, one of them was the DH, so don't think he was ok because it was scrubs.

I agree with most reasonable folks on here that regardless of the team, chances are really high that any team is going to respond like Alco did here. Even FH.

But come on Camper folks, that coach didn't slam anyone down, he didn't grab the player by his face mask, he pulled him back by the Jersey, and to me it looked like he was even trying not to be too forceful. He pulled the player back and then another coach grabbed the southern kid.

What nobody has mentioned at all, is the Alco player who came into the scrum throwing a punch after this happened. Its not clear if it landed, but you can see him run in and jump and punch.

There was also a southern coach that did a little pushing near the end of it, that drew an Alco coach reaction. That should not have happened, but I don't think it was egregious. It really could have escalated which is why he should not have done it.

"But come on Camper folks, that coach didn't slam anyone down, he didn't grab the player by his face mask, he pulled him back by the Jersey, and to me it looked like he was even trying not to be too forceful. He pulled the player back and then another coach grabbed the southern kid."

Nice to know you can read the coach's mind. I saw the vid and know better. He pulled the player down by both the jersey and his helmet. He did this while his own player was unrestrained... classless. He left the Alco player open to have been violently kicked by the Southern kid.

This is what the Allegany team saw: a Southern coach making their own teammate vulnerable to more harm.

So, what you are saying is.... Gee! let's toss a couple Allegany kids out of Homecoming because, well.... you know... shit happens and somebody has to pay even though it may be a travesty of justice to the three players. After all it's just a couple kids and who gives a shit about them. The game can go on.

Everyone should be happy that the refs didn't harm Homecoming, they just screwed a couple young men. Yeah, "Come on Camper folks..." consider yourselves lucky. You're going to get the runnin' clock anyway. Losers lose, right. So what if these young men lose first.

Wing,
If you can show us the video of any Alco coach (and identify him) throwing the middle finger out of the bus window, I will personally mail you a $100 bill. If you can't produce that, then the best thing you could do for yourself and everyone on this board is accept that you're part of the problem here, and never post anything again. Ever.

You're a pot stirrer.

*Bonus if you can even remotely explain the validity or value of the content of your post.

You have 24 hours to prove that you're not a complete clown. It's your one chance to redeem yourself.

Go.
Try reading ,”AS RUMORS GO” you sound like someone really getting wired over a rumor ? Maybe your a coach i could care less Coney Island you and your secret sauce , and what’s with the cat shit ? I guess I hit a nerve ,regardless trust me I don’t need your 100 that’s laughable, also it seems this did get started on social media regardless I don’t want to see any kid sit out a game. But if you want I could mail you a box of tissues with all the crying you been doing since you jumped on this forum.

Wing,

You're a pot stirrer.

Go.

As I said it was a RUMOR.. with that said I will repeat : this started on social media .i can let you know now I have seen one of the pics. I will NOT repost the pic on this forum the one pic that I did see there is no coach in the pic which is great ,as another person on this forum stated I also don’t think Brian would allow any such thing from his coaching staff, But he is the one in charge so it starts with him as would be the case for any head coach at any level it seems he needs to get a much firmer grip on his team , some players was giving the finger and other signs which honestly in this day and age I have no idea what they mean..lol The only reason I’m posting this is to prove exactly what I said was a RUMOR and as of now it is turning to fact . If you would like to see it go to the FORT HILL F club Facebook page and scroll down it’s under playoff projections . So ConeyIsland take your catshit sauce and throw it on a dog .You can donate at least 50 dollars to one of the local high schools and post the invoice on the this forum keep the other 50 for mouthwash. As Lagz would say get some Street cred you TROLL. Me personally I hope this is the last of this topic and every player can take part in homecoming. I also think it’s outrageous to pick 3 kids and throw them under the bus which at this point seems to be the case. Just a side note this is a forum I’ll post when and what I please if you don’t like it go to settings and block me . Have good day TROLL

Last edited:
A pic of a bunch of kids making stupid gestures and acting childlike? The horror.

They're kids. They do dumb, harmless things. That pic is so much NOT worth any attention from anyone.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Yep. Refer to the Cumberland Times News, Saturday edition. The picture on the FRONT page was not Allegany/ Southern but Keyser /Frankfort. The Allegany/ Southern photo received 2nd billing on the front of the sports page.

It’s all harmless until the team wearing red on the hill does it then it’s classless trash. Smh. The double standards in this town is incredible. Lmao
You mean like you thought it was fine when Apple was classless trash on the radio? You just ooze hypocrisy.

You mean like you thought it was fine when Apple was classless trash on the radio? You just ooze hypocrisy.
No like when people were ready to crucify Todd for saying the word ridiculous but people just want the whole southern alco brawl, fight, skirmish, what ever you call it to be dropped and not talked about.

A pic of a bunch of kids making stupid gestures and acting childlike? The horror.

They're kids. They do dumb, harmless things. That pic is so much NOT worth any attention from anyone.

I didn't understand why people were making such a big deal about this picture. It was definitely stupid, but it's a typical mistake you make when you're young.

You have to love HC week, lol

As I said it was a RUMOR.. with that said I will repeat : this started on social media .i can let you know now I have seen one of the pics. I will NOT repost the pic on this forum the one pic that I did see there is no coach in the pic which is great ,as another person on this forum stated I also don’t think Brian would allow any such thing from his coaching staff, But he is the one in charge so it starts with him as would be the case for any head coach at any level it seems he needs to get a much firmer grip on his team , some players was giving the finger and other signs which honestly in this day and age I have no idea what they mean..lol The only reason I’m posting this is to prove exactly what I said was a RUMOR and as of now it is turning to fact . If you would like to see it go to the FORT HILL F club Facebook page and scroll down it’s under playoff projections . So ConeyIsland take your catshit sauce and throw it on a dog .You can donate at least 50 dollars to one of the local high schools and post the invoice on the this forum keep the other 50 for mouthwash. As Lagz would say get some Street cred you TROLL. Me personally I hope this is the last of this topic and every player can take part in homecoming. I also think it’s outrageous to pick 3 kids and throw them under the bus which at this point seems to be the case. Just a side note this is a forum I’ll post when and what I please if you don’t like it go to settings and block me . Have good day TROLL

Jesus man, did you sleep at all last night?

3 posts??

And editing them at 3:30 in the morning???? Lol

While your run-on sentences and overall comprehension of the word "Troll" are laughable, we definitely can't knock your anger or dedication.

If it started on social media, why did you feel the need to play Cumberland Adam Schefter and try to grow it into something much bigger than it really was? Too enticing to just leave it where it was?

And they're sending facebook videos "down state for review" now. Who's your source for that one, clown? You have proof that even happened?

The Alco coaching staff should be on it's way out? Calhoun just named Hansel & Co full time from interim status less than a year ago. What community college did you fail out of that you think that would happen?

In one of your three angry/pathetic responses above, you stated "regardless I don’t want to see any kid sit out a game". But why in your initial crying episode did you state exactly this: "I do believe other kids and possibly ALCO head coach need to sit a game"???? That's a complete contradiction, Wang.

Street cred? According to the metrics, you have 117 posts total. Can you give us all the secret sauce recipe here on the thread for how to achieve your obviously impressive level of street cred?? What does that even mean here, and how is it relevant?

Like we talked about before, man.. you're a joke. A pathetic rumor mill. Just crying, stirring the pot and diddling yourself.

Your opinions have no value or basis. Just a crybaby little girl. At 3:30 in the a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT