ADVERTISEMENT

Alco 49 Dunbar 42

Never thought I would ever enjoy cheering for Alco, but I really enjoyed watching Dunbar take that L!

Defense needs work, but Alco's offense is looking tough!

Great game tonight
Big victory for Cumberland

Great win for the Campers tonight. Listened to bits and pieces of game on radio. Sounded exciting.

Great job Campers! Poets went down fighting though. A rematch would be interesting to see.

Bigdawg, I agree as someone else said it's because it was Dunbar. Dunbar qb was good. When he completed the long pass from his end zone how far did it travel in the air? I don't think the db., thought he could throw that far

Last edited:
Dunbar QB is the real deal. Alco offense..tough as nails. Defense will get better, but Dunbar is no slouch on offense.

As Comet said, Dunbar had no consistent way to defend the trap. But they will definitely get better.

I am not surprised Alco won. But I am surprised they dropped 49 on Dunbar. I didnt expect a shootout score like that.

Great opening night at Greenway.

And BoyznBlue..nice to meet you this evening. :)

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Good win for Alco, way to start the season. Allegany has some swagger this season and will be tough to beat

Bigdawg, I agree as someone else said it's because it was Dunbar. Dunbar qb was good. When he completed the long pass from his end zone how far did it travel in the air? I don't think the db., thought he could throw that far

That ball traveled AT LEAST 58 yards in the air

Reactions: cumbfanatic
?????? Allegany is for Real, Best Team in many years..... They have power and speed, Great Blocking and will be playing in the west region Final to become State Champion.
Sorry "baiter boy" Allegany just won their state game. They just shot their wad in week 1.

Oh, and I gotta see during the replay... but I was close to the goal line and I'm certain the Dunbar player was caught short of the goal line

Taking nothing away from the dunbar qb. It was a great play in the 2nd quarter. But he threw it from about 5 yards deep in the endzone and caught on there own 45. So lets say 50 yards in the air. Still a hell of a pass tho

I sat on the visitor side and it was nice to see FH fans actually cheering for Alco... It was awesome to see the blue and red fans come together and root for the Home team... It should always be like that... It was a very entertaining game.. Welcome back to 1A Dunbar,better get use to losing to the Cumberland schools...

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Glad to see Alco beat Dunbar. THis is a start on giving Dunbar back what they have given to both FH and ALCO over the years.

Great Job!

Reactions: camper21502
Even as a FH fan, it was great to see Alco outgun the Baltimore all-stars. Alco's offense is almost unstoppable! Their defense is slightly above average - right now, anyway. Call it premature if you wish, but so, as long as they score more often than their opponents, they will likely be heading to the state title game. I definitely don't think a moderately young FH team can negate all of that speed. IMHO.

I sat on the visitor side and it was nice to see FH fans actually cheering for Alco... It was awesome to see the blue and red fans come together and root for the Home team... It should always be like that... It was a very entertaining game.. Welcome back to 1A Dunbar,better get use to losing to the Cumberland schools...

Were you near the "mouthy" Dunbar fans at all? I was enjoying myself watching them get hype, get quiet, hype and quiet lol

Were you near the "mouthy" Dunbar fans at all? I was enjoying myself watching them get hype, get quiet, hype and quiet lol
omg yeah lol that's exactly how it went all night... I think them loud mouth fans over there was one reason FH fans got involved rooting for Alco... It was a fun night..

Players need to forget about that game and get ready for next week. It's easy to have a let down performance after that type of emotional win

omg yeah lol that's exactly how it went all night... I think them loud mouth fans over there was one reason FH fans got involved rooting for Alco... It was a fun night..

My buddy was giving them "sh*t" all night. Dude kept bringing up Tavon and basketball. I just sat back laughing my u know what off

Dunbar QB is the real deal. Alco offense..tough as nails. Defense will get better, but Dunbar is no slouch on offense.

As Comet said, Dunbar had no consistent way to defend the trap. But they will definitely get better.

I am not surprised Alco won. But I am surprised they dropped 49 on Dunbar. I didnt expect a shootout score like that.

Great opening night at Greenway.

And BoyznBlue..nice to meet you this evening. :)

Yeah, it was a entertaining game. Alco was impressive and their kids really enjoyed this victory. The other side of the coin is I'm not sure if Alco wins this game on a neutral field. Like you said, Dunbar is going to be better at the end of the season (of course other teams will be as well). The Dunbar coaches didn't do a good job of scouting or making adjustments. It looks like it's going to be a great year of football with both city schools and the Univ, of Maryland

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT