ADVERTISEMENT

Alco/Oakdale

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Alco 27 Oakdale 20

Uneducated guess - hoping Alco can tackle and players stay in the game. Also hoping Oakdale doesn’t know Alleganys offense 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Oakdale 35-14
Alcos conditioning is going to be a big problem this game, especially after not being able to make it through a quarter of the hollidaysburg game without cramping. I don’t think they will hold up for all 4 quarters. Oakdale wears them down and makes them play from behind and the offense can’t make the plays to stay in it

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Oakdale over the past few years, and not just against FH, has not been great against the run. If Allegany runs on point traditional Western MD-style WingT they should be able to put up some points. I do not know if they will be able to misdirect Oakdale running WingT plays out of the gun. Allegany offensively needs to play physical and aggressive. Defensively, Allegany has to contain the Oakdale QB or he will run all night on them. Just like the CTN article implied, force him to make reads and throw with pressure. If not, Allegany is in for a long night. Oakdale does not quit either. They will be down and out on the score board but they keep playing all four quarters. That has been seen over the past few years multiple times.

The Oakdale quote of the month came from their head coach after last week's win. "Hopefully next week we will be able to get the Allegany County monkey off our back."

No offense to Alco, but Oakdale dropped FH and picked up Alco. That apparently is the formula to come up with the monkey off the back analogy? Just thought it was a poor choice of words. It's only football so I found it comical, hehe.

Go Big Blue! Show them what we do up here. Run the ball and the Campers will have a chance to win.

I gave Alco a punchers chance of an upset going in last night. After what transpired with weather, and travel back and forth to Ijamsville twice in 18 hours, don't judge Alco if they don't perform well today. I really think they got a raw deal here, but not many options or choices according to CTN article.

after reading the article I'm stunned that Allegany wanted it to be a no contest.
I can't figure out where this World went so soft on just canceling football games because of weather (Not Lightning) but I've seen games called off for rain and snow. smh
I can't believe they don't have a backup plan like money from the Blue Club saved up for something like this by putting them up in a Hotel and for food.
It's really weird to me that they would choose to drive back and then back down to play at Noon when a 6pm game was offered, just take the 6pm game and the kids bodies will be in much better shape by that time from the rides.

Getting home late last evening then leaving from the school at 8:00 am. I was hoping they would have played after the weather passed like FH did. or a little later today even 3:00 would have gave them time to get some rest.

Reactions: ravemwp
It is what it is, got to play the game and hopefully play a great game. Allegany has good defense backs and some quickness. Oakdale has a D1 qb and a defense player going to Michigan it’s important they contain those guys and limit mistakes.

after reading the article I'm stunned that Allegany wanted it to be a no contest.
I can't figure out where this World went so soft on just canceling football games because of weather (Not Lightning) but I've seen games called off for rain and snow. smh
I can't believe they don't have a backup plan like money from the Blue Club saved up for something like this by putting them up in a Hotel and for food.
It's really weird to me that they would choose to drive back and then back down to play at Noon when a 6pm game was offered, just take the 6pm game and the kids bodies will be in much better shape by that time from the rides.
Agreed, there should always be a contingency plan when these teams travel down state. Especially when there was bad weather in the forecast. Maybe should have had the foresite to move the game to Saturday before Alco even left Cumberland. I think the 6pm was turned down due to the weather report for this evening. My understanding is they would have had to play on Monday if it was postponed again, then play Mountain Ridge on Friday.

Getting home late last evening then leaving from the school at 8:00 am. I was hoping they would have played after the weather passed like FH did. or a little later today even 3:00 would have gave them time to get some rest.
They are calling for bad weather again late this afternoon and evening in the Frederick area.

A dumb question is it normal for the team to take a school bus hour forty five minutes school busses are hot and uncomfortable lol. I thought we always took a charter bus.

A dumb question is it normal for the team to take a school bus hour forty five minutes school busses are hot and uncomfortable lol. I thought we always took a charter bus.
They have been doing it for years now, It was weird back in the 90's anything further than hour half was charter bus. its weird there used to be money for this type of thing and they always stopped and fed the players on the return trip and nowadays they pack them food. Makes ya wonder where all of the money goes. I mean some high school games around here teams have 400-500 fans like Frankfort & Keyser and they go on long trips and stay in hotels and such but Schools that get 3-5k fans doesn't have money for anything.

Oakdale 7-0 End of 1st Quarter. Alco had a chance at an interception. roughing the passer on the play, then 2 more Personal fouls down the field, 45 yards in penalties on the one play.
start of 2nd Quarter Oakdale at Alco 22 yard line

next play from 22 yards out... Touchdown pass 14-0 Oakdale wasn't a defender within 15 yards of him

Allegany fumbled on first play after Oakdale TD, Oakdale has the ball at Alco 31
on the second play WR throws a pass to WR for Easy TD 21-0 Oakdale

The Oakdale quote of the month came from their head coach after last week's win. "Hopefully next week we will be able to get the Allegany County monkey off our back."

No offense to Alco, but Oakdale dropped FH and picked up Alco. That apparently is the formula to come up with the monkey off the back analogy? Just thought it was a poor choice of words. It's only football so I found it comical, hehe.

Go Big Blue! Show them what we do up here. Run the ball and the Campers will have a chance to win.
He may not have chose his words wisely but it looks like his strategy is going to pay off.

He may not have chose his words wisely but it looks like his strategy is going to pay off.
That's like Alco making Albert Gallatin their Homecoming opponent to get the Homecoming monkey off their back. While it may be good strategy I would not make reference to it.

It may have been wise for Oakdale to play FH this year given the player departure in the FH secondary.

just from the mess with the scheduling, the officials being late and such...
Watching Oakdale stay on the sidelines at halftime, the chain crew and people just looking lost like at a Pee Wee games, they seem to being very confused at things and not prepared

I have heard it on here several times and now after Allegany's performance vs. Oakdale, the quote was; Other teams better not sleep on ALCO seems to be just about right. What a comeback in the second half by running the ball and controlling the line of scrimmage. Next week vs. Mt. Ridge ought to be a good one!
Gutsy performance from Campers considering the obstacles they faced. Absolutely do not sleep on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT