ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
16-0 on the season 24 shots on Goal in the regional final game. Competition will start getting tough for them. Maybe Allegany is a soccer and softball school. lol 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
What about area soccer is “so bad?” Genuine question. The nonexistence of girls JV teams is a problem, of course. But there are 4 pretty good girls teams this year, and last year too. Alco boys - with something like 12 seniors - dominated everyone in its path this year. Fort Hill rebounded pretty well this year (anything would’ve been an improvement over last season). Mountain Ridge had a down year by that program’s standards with a fairly young team.

I don’t think soccer is down and FH had a couple good players. Now some play year round at a younger age with travel teams, tournaments and indoor soccer.

Times-News sports writer Alex Rychwalski had a really tremendous article in yesterday's edition talking about Alco soccer this year and undefeated soccer teams in the state. Some great local history in the 1920's from Barton, Beall, Mount Savage, etc. to compare with. Great things about this year's Alco soccer team, amazing. Good read worth the while. Here is the link but you need a subscription if not free.

Alco booters chase perfection, history

Times-News sports writer Alex Rychwalski had a really tremendous article in yesterday's edition talking about Alco soccer this year and undefeated soccer teams in the state. Some great local history in the 1920's from Barton, Beall, Mount Savage, etc. to compare with. Great things about this year's Alco soccer team, amazing. Good read worth the while. Here is the link but you need a subscription if not free.

Alco booters chase perfection, history

Great read.

Good article. I forgot about Flintstone, they had about 20 in a graduating class and were able to have decent soccer teams.

NFHS https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/
use the one month and just be sure to cancel anytime in the first month with this code you get 30% off, comes to $8.47 and you can watch the soccer games and the rest of the football playoffs as well.

11:32 to go after a yellow card and free kick HT takes 2-0 lead, The Dream Season for Alco looks to end in Nightmare fashion

The team that played better competition and a tougher schedule won. Congrats Harford!
I potentially agree with the statement, but the more refined team lost today. HT did a lot of kick and run on offense, but they certainly played solid defense against a team that can control the ball such as Allegany.

If anything, this match just once again proves how difficult, regardless of how good a team is, it is to win a state title, regardless of the sport.

Congrats to Allegany on a phenomenal season!

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
Wow, tough loss. To be so close to history. I think everyone felt the title was in the bag with destiny.

Congratulations to Alco. They had a terrific season. Didn’t end the way they wanted it to, but there aren’t too many seasons that do.

Reactions: Dwj21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT