ADVERTISEMENT

1A Schools by 2015 Strength of Schedule

Fort Hill will play Good Counsel in 2016 at Greenway. The ticket price will be $20 per person and $10 PPV on television tape delay.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
OMG, this has been the same for years, just because you have great athletes and kids going to college or playing in the NFL doesn't mean you will be any good as a Team, Coaching plays a part as well, if the payers have talent but are not disciplined and the coaches are dumber than a box of rocks HARD WORK & COACHING BEATS TALENT!!!

Exactly my point. When you play teams like Forestville, Silver Oak, Capitol Christian, etc. - not very good players or coaching, then you can run the same 6 running plays the entire game. But when you play good downstate teams like DuVal, you can run that stuff for one possession then it gets shut down for the rest of the day. But of course most people from Cumberland don't understand that because FH doesn't schedule good teams or see them in the 1A playoffs.

Last edited:
When any of those schools wins 3 titles in a row come back here and talk about it. But don't hold your breath. FH has more state titles since 2013 than any of those schools have in their entire existance.

Boyz picks all the big 4A schools to compare. Roosevelt and Wise have over 2500 students. Hahahaha. They almost have more kids in their senior class than FH has in the whole school.

Three titles in a row is an outstanding accomplishment. I will never deny that. Hard work and dedication pays off.

"Serious PG team" - Translation = One that would actually beat Fort Hill. As opposed to others in the past, Douglass-PG, Forestville, who apparently weren't "serious".

Douglass is 2A and would be a good game against FH most years. I think the last two years Douglass may have won a close contest, their QB just signed with Syracuse a couple of weeks ago. Forestville and Surrattsville are the two worst teams in PG.

Fairmont Heights and Central would get that PG County title for being the worst. I still don't understand why u cannot grasp the difference in enrollments. We will have to just disagree. I say no question that if FH had 2500 students they would beat all the PG County schools 4 out of 5 years. I think they could play with them now. Or at least make it interesting with the exception of someone like Wise last year.

Fairmont Heights and Central would get that PG County title for being the worst. I still don't understand why u cannot grasp the difference in enrollments. We will have to just disagree. I say no question that if FH had 2500 students they would beat all the PG County schools 4 out of 5 years. I think they could play with them now. Or at least make it interesting with the exception of someone like Wise last year.

I respect what you're saying but you don't understand how competitive it is. Even if they had 2500 you can't dominate 4A South like you can run through 1A. Even Wise doesn't win 4 out of 5 years. Suitland won it in 2013 and DuVal won it in 2014. And they all have to play each other every year. E Roosevelt and Flowers have good teams most years too. Navarro Bowman from Suitland was in this year's Pro Bowl

Totally agree on "who can play where statement" Good read "bleedred", I was actually waiting to see if anyone would pick up on that. Big Red made a few more adjustments later on. [in season that is] Curious to see if anymore will be made here shortly, seeings how time goes by so quickly, them quads are just around the corner. Then we'll be griping again 'bout how hot it is! Oh well, gotta go, gonna review this Keyser game again, man that front line was big with a capital "B"!

I said 1 or 2 schools. In the DC metro region Potomac isn't considered a football power. Middletown is definitely a football school but they have struggled for two years in a row. That's basically what I was referring to. Stop the emotional "You hate Fort Hill" stuff. We just have differing opinions about high school football.

Here's the bottom line: if you claim you don't hate Fort Hill, then the only other option is that you have a seriously flawed sense of how things work.

Todd pretty much called out your flawed logic.

But it's just like your comment "believe me if FH played a serious PG team it would be a wake up call" ...and then you single out the best big 4A schools in the county. No one, not even the staunchest FH red blooded person on this board has ever made the claim that they are as consistent as the best 4A schools in the state. Occasionally, maybe they'd be competitive, but you are using inferences that no one has made..

That's like me saying well, Wise doesn't play the Don Boscos and Good Counsels so they are really aren't proving anything. That makes no sense.

But yeah, I agree with bleedred, if one of those 4A schools want to do a home and home series and actually pay their own way..I don't think FH would say no to one of them. But seriously though, even if FH had played WISE this season instead of, say, Silver Oak and gotten killed, they still would have been head and shoulders better than any 1A team.

So the only thing it does is give them a loss. If that makes you happy, then again it proves your logic. You just want FH to lose. There is no other logical explanation for your obsession with this.

Here's the bottom line: if you claim you don't hate Fort Hill, then the only other option is that you have a seriously flawed sense of how things work.

Todd pretty much called out your flawed logic.

But it's just like your comment "believe me if FH played a serious PG team it would be a wake up call" ...and then you single out the best big 4A schools in the county. No one, not even the staunchest FH red blooded person on this board has ever made the claim that they are as consistent as the best 4A schools in the state. Occasionally, maybe they'd be competitive, but you are using inferences that no one has made..

That's like me saying well, Wise doesn't play the Don Boscos and Good Counsels so they are really aren't proving anything. That makes no sense.

But yeah, I agree with bleedred, if one of those 4A schools want to do a home and home series and actually pay their own way..I don't think FH would say no to one of them. But seriously though, even if FH had played WISE this season instead of, say, Silver Oak and gotten killed, they still would have been head and shoulders better than any 1A team.

So the only thing it does is give them a loss. If that makes you happy, then again it proves your logic. You just want FH to lose. There is no other logical explanation for your obsession with this.

I don't have an obsession with Fort Hill losing, like I mentioned several times before, the reason I even commented in this thread is because somebody said my name. And as I've said many times before, I root for both city teams to win, I just tell the truth about where they stand in relation to other schools in the state. A lot of other people on this board live in fantasyland. But we just have different opinions, I'm just saying make your point without that silly, "You hate us" commentary. That stuff doesn't even sound right coming from another adult.

It's difficult for Wise to play the Good Counsels because they already face at least 5 tough 4A schools in their own region every year, and then they have to play the best Moco and probably the best Arundel 4A teams in the playoffs. FH is playing teams in the playoffs with under .500 records, lol. That being said, Wise still plays all comers in their first game of the year. This year they played the #1 team in the state from 2014, and in previous years, they played in the I95 Kick-Off Classic game every year. I believe FH had a chance to play in that series and they declined, lol

But we just have different opinions, I'm just saying make your point without that silly, "You hate us" commentary. That stuff doesn't even sound right coming from another adult.

Like I said, there's no other explanation. But it sounds no less adult than typing a bunch of "lols" in a response.

It's difficult for Wise to play the Good Counsels because they already face at least 5 tough 4A schools in their own region every year, and then they have to play the best Moco and probably the best Arundel 4A teams in the playoffs. FH is playing teams in the playoffs with under .500 records, lol. That being said, Wise still plays all comers in their first game of the year. This year they played the #1 team in the state from 2014, and in previous years, they played in the I95 Kick-Off Classic game every year. I believe FH had a chance to play in that series and they declined, lol

So it is FH's fault that the rest of 1A isnt strong? So they must play more 4A teams from PG county, and pay their way down AND PG county teams' way here? Give us a better solution other than things you believe or think or have heard. You do realize that Allegany County is nowhere near I-95 right?

Folks will stop saying you hate FH when you stop comparing the best 4A PG COUNTY schools with a 1A school. Stop it already for the 100th time. Makes you look really stupid. FYI, Fort Hill has never played a team in the playoffs who was under .500. Cmon man.

There are 22 PG County schools playing football. FH is consistently better than 16 of them. The five teams they are not, except Potomac, have over 2000 students. No one here is claiming FH is better then Wise or Flowers. Dah. So what are you trying to prove? If Wise had 800 students or less they would suck according to your own statements about 1A ball there.

Last edited:
Folks will stop saying you hate FH when you stop comparing the best 4A PG COUNTY schools with a 1A school. Stop it already for the 100th time. Makes you look really stupid. FYI, Fort Hill has never played a team in the playoffs who was under .500. Cmon man.

There are 22 PG County schools playing football. FH is consistently better than 16 of them. The five teams they are not, except Potomac, have over 2000 students. No one here is claiming FH is better then Wise or Flowers. Dah. So what are you trying to prove? If Wise had 800 students or less they would suck according to your own statements about 1A ball there.

You're talking about when I have repeatedly criticized the "Maryland Media Poll". The poll is comparing 4A PG schools with FH. The poll is stupid.

I'm not hating, I'm just saying the poll is inaccurate. You admit that there are 5 PG teams better than FH, but the poll only has one PG team ahead of them.

This is a WMD message board, I'm never the person that brings up PG schools. But I always correct them when people make uninformed statements.

I'm one who agrees with you many times on the state media poll thing. Wish they would divide that thing into big school/small school. Although I feel and most here feel FH could play with most all PG schools the last 3 years (not counting teams like Wise). Not saying FH would win but it would be a good game to watch. Thats prob where we disagree. Along the same lines FH could never win a 4A title. So not sure why we would even want to debate it.

I dont completely disagree with the state poll thing either. It's hard to say who would beat who when so many teams dont play each other or have very limited common opponents. having said that, the college polls fall victim to the same issue. How many times do we see a high ranked mid major get absolutely smoked by a low ranked or unranked big BCS school?

If your beef was strictly about the poll, then I'd be a lot less standoffish about what you post, Boyz.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT