ADVERTISEMENT

Win or lose Alco is bad

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
This is probably the worst Allegany team in the last 30 years. This team right now is bad. They have no enthusiasm. The players are dead they look and act like they don’t want to be there.

Yes Welch is a competitor, he always plays hard. Powell is more into the game than the players and he isn’t dressed to play. The team didn’t even get excited after the touchdown except for Powell.

Ridge is running the ball right down their throat. Allegany can’t stop the Ridge run or anything else lol.

When the game started everyone could tell Alco was going get blown out, they weren’t ready to play

I would like to know how many yards and carries Christian Welch has, seems like every time he carries he gets decent yards. He should get 25-30 carries a game. Christian is a beast and he is running against the entire defense packed in.

Ridge has a good kicker

So from all the people who have said Hansel had the program going in the right direction, they were back in the weight room, he is great with the kids...etcetcetc, do you all feel the same and he's just got nothing to work with so nobody would do any better or are there other opinions as to what is going on.

I would like to know how many yards and carries Christian Welch has, seems like every time he carries he gets decent yards. He should get 25-30 carries a game. Christian is a beast and he is running against the entire defense packed in.

Ridge has a good kicker
176 Yards for Welch
anytime they need a big play they do something else... smh

Reactions: cumbfanatic
So from all the people who have said Hansel had the program going in the right direction, they were back in the weight room, he is great with the kids...etcetcetc, do you all feel the same and he's just got nothing to work with so nobody would do any better or are there other opinions as to what is going on.
I wasn't one that said he had them going in the right direction but they are 0-3 and kids are quitting and the kids that are there You can tell they don't want to play for him. CONSOLIDATION ANYONE????

I heard first time since 1946 they started 0-3, they have players at the school they don’t want to play it’s obvious

I heard first time since 1946 they started 0-3, they have players at the school they don’t want to play it’s obvious
Maybe Preaskorn wasn't as horrible as everybody was saying, perhaps it is just the direction of the program regardless of who is in charge? I for one don't understand this any more than I understand FH's year after year pathetic basketball season.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
This is not the kids. This team on junior varsity finished 8-2 and blew out FH jv on little homecoming 31-14. This is the head coach disconnect with his players. Head coach not listening to his players and the players feel disrespected and don\t want to play for the coach.

Maybe Preaskorn wasn't as horrible as everybody was saying, perhaps it is just the direction of the program regardless of who is in charge? I for one don't understand this any more than I understand FH's year after year pathetic basketball season.

I understand it. It’s 100 percent coaching and program support

Hoegemeir, O’Neal, Welch these are studs on defense. They have real good solid players on defense and couldn’t stop Mountain Ridge. They aren’t playing with heart, they aren’t putting effort in and they are out of position. These are not the same kids I’ve seen play their entire life. I’ve seen Christian play since he moved here in 5th grade and tonight was the first time I’ve ever seen him take him self out of the game. From just two years ago to now they are playing so different. O’Neal has always played with emotion, now he shows none.. It is hard to watch.. They aren’t having any fun and they don’t look like they want to be out there.

Last edited:
Preskorn era was way better than what they have now. From the stands I could hear Hansel hollering and screaming at Kain the qb between plays.

One need only look at the Fort Hill program to see how much a coach really matters to a program. Don't get me wrong, you need players, but great coaches can buy you so many points in HSFB.

This is true and the wrong coach can turn good talent into an average team quickly

Just stopped by to see the train wreck. Good god y'all. Said it a dozen times but i may hve been wrong about Alco folding the JV in 3 years. Alco may not have a JV team to finish this season.

I will be the first one to admit I don't know Hansel personally, never meet him to be honest, but during his post game interview with WCBC he mentioned that it didn't matter if they were 0-8 when they face Fort Hill in the last week of the regular season. He caught him self and corrected it to make it a little better... but when your coach is publicly stating he can see them at 0-8 heading into homecoming what are the players supposed to think?

No, they have good players in the youth program. The JV team will be back as well as the varsity

[I will be the first one to admit I don't know Hansel personally, never meet him to be honest, but during his post game interview with WCBC he mentioned that it didn't matter if they were 0-8 when they face Fort Hill in the last week of the regular season. He caught him self and corrected it to make it a little better... but when your coach is publicly stating he can see them at 0-8 heading into homecoming what are the players supposed to think?

Then what did he say?

[I will be the first one to admit I don't know Hansel personally, never meet him to be honest, but during his post game interview with WCBC he mentioned that it didn't matter if they were 0-8 when they face Fort Hill in the last week of the regular season. He caught him self and corrected it to make it a little better... but when your coach is publicly stating he can see them at 0-8 heading into homecoming what are the players supposed to think?

Then what did he say?
Then what did he say??? you dont think that was enough??? No coach talks about going 0-8 and fast forward to the end of the season to a rival game. Unless that coach has lost confidence in the team winning games.

He basically stated that with the new system and the expanded playoffs they still had a shot to get to the postseason despite the bad start. He then shifted to it didn't matter if they were 0-8 heading into the Fort Hill game they still were going to play that game hard. To me it sounded like he really thought in his mind they were going to be 0-8 heading into the Fort Hill game.

I just watched the 1st half on commercial video. Blame Alco coaching all you want but I see a blue defense that just got blocked to hell and back. MR just jamming it right down their throat with ease. Defensive line is super soft and extremely blockable.

I dont see Alco winning 3 games playing like this.

I just watched the 1st half on commercial video. Blame Alco coaching all you want but I see a blue defense that just got blocked to hell and back. MR just jamming it right down their throat with ease. Defensive line is super soft and extremely blockable.

I dont see Alco winning 3 games playing like this.

Exactly. This game is made up of individual battles each play. If you're consistently losing the majority of your individual battles, you're not going to win and it won't be close. The coaches can't do anything about that. Tip your hat to Mt.Ridge. It stings, but if it didn't that would be the real problem. I saw Alco's 22 win many individual battles ...and many times battled several tacklers and won. But he can't do it alone, just like a coach can't execute a play or the gameplan

Exactly. This game is made up of individual battles each play. If you're consistently losing the majority of your individual battles, you're not going to win and it won't be close. The coaches can't do anything about that. Tip your hat to Mt.Ridge. It stings, but if it didn't that would be the real problem. I saw Alco's 22 win many individual battles ...and many times battled several tacklers and won. But he can't do it alone, just like a coach can't execute a play or the gameplan

If You played football then you know that the game is a game of emotion. The kids were not emotionally ready to play. They also had 2 starters quit a week and a half ago supposedly because of the coaches. You dont think that has an impact on the rest of the kids??? The coaches not listening to players about practice issues and water breaks. Then having two starters quit. Then not emotionally getting this team ready to play, which they obviously were not, IS THE COACHES FAULT

I’ve said Since hansels first year that he wasn’t a good coach and no one wanted to believe it because he was winning. Hansels lack of coaching was covered up because of the talent on his first couple teams, now that he has to coach the kids into football players you see the lack of ability on his part to do that.

If You played football then you know that the game is a game of emotion. The kids were not emotionally ready to play. They also had 2 starters quit a week and a half ago supposedly because of the coaches. You dont think that has an impact on the rest of the kids??? The coaches not listening to players about practice issues and water breaks. Then having two starters quit. Then not emotionally getting this team ready to play, which they obviously were not, IS THE COACHES FAULT

I've seen many teams pumped up before a game that get absolutely smashed in the teeth when the game begins. I flat out disagree with you. I watched Mt. Ridge players waving the FH team toward them as they came down the steps last yr to warm up. They weren't so cocky or high on emotion when they got hit in the mouth from the jump. These people you're talking about at Alco aren't new coaches. They've been successful when they had greater talent. According to the experts in this forum, expectations were low due to numbers. There's an undeniable correlation between those low numbers and the talent pool. As a fan, it's ok to be upset, but you can't blame everything on coaching. There's a lack of community interest. Most Alco game crowds are just sad when compared to other crowds, including pee wee football games. Talk about impacting a player's emotions...when he can hear the announcer talking from the booth when he hasn't keyed the mic. There's an awkward silence before Alco games, and even during certain portions of the game. Most Alco games have an uneventful and strange feeling all around. If the organization received greater support perhaps things would be different.
If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem

I've seen many teams pumped up before a game that get absolutely smashed in the teeth when the game begins. I flat out disagree with you. I watched Mt. Ridge players waving the FH team toward them as they came down the steps last yr to warm up. They weren't so cocky or high on emotion when they got hit in the mouth from the jump. These people you're talking about at Alco aren't new coaches. They've been successful when they had greater talent. According to the experts in this forum, expectations were low due to numbers. There's an undeniable correlation between those low numbers and the talent pool. As a fan, it's ok to be upset, but you can't blame everything on coaching. There's a lack of community interest. Most Alco game crowds are just sad when compared to other crowds, including pee wee football games. Talk about impacting a player's emotions...when he can hear the announcer talking from the booth when he hasn't keyed the mic. There's an awkward silence before Alco games, and even during certain portions of the game. Most Alco games have an uneventful and strange feeling all around. If the organization received greater support perhaps things would be different.

Ok well i played football at all levels for a long time and i can tell you the team goes through ups and downs and emotionally when we were down or not ready to play for whatever reason we lost. It did not matter that the other team was a walk over easy win or we came off a big win the week before and were flat like alco was yesterday. Talent level is important factor in this but the team you are playing gave up 90 points in two previous games.... This is Alco football your talking about. This team wins the majority of their games year in year out except for last yr and now this year..They did not just lose last night they were blown out. That screams flat not ready to play no emotion football. This Alco team won 8 games on JV. There is something wrong here.

Seriously, what are you basing your assessment of their lack of emotional preparedness
Ok well i played football at all levels for a long time and i can tell you the team goes through ups and downs and emotionally when we were down or not ready to play for whatever reason we lost. It did not matter that the other team was a walk over easy win or we came off a big win the week before and were flat like alco was yesterday. Talent level is important factor in this but the team you are playing gave up 90 points in two previous games.... This is Alco football your talking about. This team wins the majority of their games year in year out except for last yr and now this year..They did not just lose last night they were blown out. That screams flat not ready to play no emotion football. This Alco team won 8 games on JV. There is something wrong here.

So did I. Including college. I never blamed a loss or victory on emotions. I can buy the fact that there's an emotional component in being ill-prepared to begin play, but your continued focus on emotions is out of bounds in my opinion. If you don't experience necessary emotion when your opponent is attacking, you have health issues that need addressed by a medical professional, not your coach

So it's got nothing to do with coaching or emotion, but does have to do with people going to the stadium?

Do FH fans really think the team only wins because people show up to the game? Let me guess, you also think you saved Tinker Bell by clapping when Peter Pan asked you to?

So it's got nothing to do with coaching or emotion, but does have to do with people going to the stadium?

Do FH fans really think the team only wins because people show up to the game? Let me guess, you also think you saved Tinker Bell by clapping when Peter Pan asked you to?

When did I say it has nothing to do with coaching? When did I say I was a FH fan? When I wrote about 1 situation I observed to illustrate a point? Bring your big boy pants, I'll wait

Seriously, what are you basing your assessment of their lack of emotional preparedness

So did I. Including college. I never blamed a loss or victory on emotions. I can buy the fact that there's an emotional component in being ill-prepared to begin play, but your continued focus on emotions is out of bounds in my opinion. If you don't experience necessary emotion when your opponent is attacking, you have health issues that need addressed by a medical professional, not your coach
Yeah, you just blamed it on the crowd. If you need thousands of people cheering for you to be able to play football, it's obvious that you never saw much of the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT