ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors D2 and Hunters

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Allegany youth teams are doing well - Braddock Warriors D2 team is in the superbowl and the number 1 seed. Hunters B team 9-0 Hunters A team 8-1.

That’s the good news, bad news Without changes in the Alco program a few of the better players will end up at FH.

Last edited:
Allegany youth teams are doing well - Braddock Warriors D2 team is in the superbowl and the number 1 seed. Hunters B team 9-0 Hunters A team 8-1.

That’s the good news, bad news Without changes in the Alco program a few of the better players will end up at FH.
That's about how long it will be before they are competitive or at least considered competitive with FH again.

Lock up the next 4-5 years for BIG RED!

Last edited:
I already have put together a very competitive NIL package for those kids to transfer over to Red. We will see. I am the pretty girl on the other side of town ;)

Just kidding. I believe the transfer portal has ruined sports at the college, high school, youth and even the pee wee levels. It's all about ME time. More so for parents. Throw in the open market money opportunities and watch out. Be careful what you wish for in a capitalistic world.

I'm not sure if there is a correct social media location to address certain aspects with South Cumberland athletics. As is the case in many US towns big and small. I couldn't coach because 5 or 6 kids would be kicked off my team and we would struggle to play .500 ball.

I've never heard so many F Bombs and N Words in a season in my entire life as what spews out on the Patriots squad. Ask any referee. It's not everyone but a decent chunk of it. Kids cussing out coaches, constantly missing practice, continuously kicked out of school, kicked out of games, unsportsmanlike penalties. It's real bad.

I decided never to coach because I would end up strangling a parent at some point and going to jail. It's as bad as ever. I need a Xanax to stand on the sideline of a Renegades game. It's called the breakdown of the parental system and zero consequences for actions. Parents can bitch about these statements all they wish. I dont care. Do better. Trust me, I'm not the only one who sees it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there is a correct social media location to address certain aspects with South Cumberland athletics. As is the case in many US towns big and small. I couldn't coach because 5 or 6 kids would be kicked off my team and we would struggle to play .500 ball.

I've never heard so many F Bombs and N Words in a season in my entire life as what spews out on the Patriots squad. Ask any referee. It's not everyone but a decent chunk of it. Kids cussing out coaches, constantly missing practice, continuously kicked out of school, kicked out of games, unsportsmanlike penalties. It's real bad.

I decided never to coach because I would end up strangling a parent at some point and going to jail. It's as bad as ever. I need a Xanax to stand on the sideline of a Renegades game. It's called the breakdown of the parental system and zero consequences for actions. Parents can bitch about these statements all they wish. I dont care. Do better. Trust me, I'm not the only one who sees it.
Do you see Fort Hill still being a dominant team and the future with these discipline problems?

the breakdown of the parental system and zero consequences for actionsDo you see Fort Hill still being a dominant team and the future with these discipline problems?

To an extent, we already have. I can't remember a year when there have been so many unsportsmanlike and personal foul calls against FH. You try to add more discipline and then parents get involved, "not with MY child!"

Kids see "in your face" athletics all over social media and television. Not surprising they would follow suit. Even in baseball, when was the last time you didn't see a guy admiring his home run before running around the bases?

Todd is absolutely correct in stating that it's due to the breakdown of the parental system and zero consequences for actions. But then, you have an incident like what happened over the weekend in the Cambridge-Easton game which was called in the 3rd qtr with Cambridge up because of multiple fights in the stands.

Last edited:
Do you see Fort Hill still being a dominant team and the future with these discipline problems?
Waggle Pass just summed it up. There have been big discipline issues come through in the past. Sometimes kids mature, sometimes not. But some classes have more of it than others. This 8th grade group is loaded with these issues. I suspect a few of them won't ever wear a uniform. Nor should they. It almost always starts with the breakdown of the parental structure.

Last edited:
But then, you have an incident like what happened over the weekend in the Cambridge-Easton game which was called in the 3rd qtr with Cambridge up because of multiple fights in the stands.
Interesting. There's a chance Cambridge comes here in the playoffs. Could be a wild one.

Reactions: Tony54
Interesting. There's a chance Cambridge comes here in the playoffs. Could be a wild one.
If the seeds hold true, and Alco is able to get by Ridge. Cambridge would need to knock off Brunswick. Alco beats Perryville. Then if Alco can get by Patterson Mill they get Fort Hill in the final. The prize for them is most likely a running clock.
If I did my seedlings correct and all these ifs happen😂

You aren't alone. We're witnessing societal decay. The evidence is everywhere, so why wouldn't sporting events be included? Last night, I heard a mother screaming at the field things that I've NEVER heard at a sporting event. I don't think she was drunk. This was her mentality, her mouth, who she is--on full public display. Kids don't stand a chance. Then, they go to school with other children and end up harassing/terrorizing classmates, teachers, bus drivers....without consequences. It's a shame. I won't even talk about the casual conversation I overheard between an older adult and an elementary school aged child. The adult listened to this child complain about another kid while using every profane word in the book. The adult listened like it's normal for a little kid to talk that way. Didn't correct the child for using that language. It was totally normal for both of them. It's sad and it's crazy.

A wise man you are! Very few could tolerate what you are seeing and hearing and not go ballistic. Wouldn't it be nice if a coach said here are the rules "you talk back to a coach, you use foul language, you lay a hand on somebody, you are out the rest of the game, you do it twice you are off the team". Honestly what would you be losing?

This is not a FH or South End problem, it's a societal problem. Discipline always starts and ends at home. I could pontificate all day on how things were in yesteryear. Waggle put it correctly in this world of "not my child" participation playing time and entitlement parents and kids. Maybe not in my lifetime, but sometime in the not so distant future, youth sports may become obsolete, and a thing of the past, lack of coaches and officiating. It's been going on for years and keeps getting worse. How much longer before more adults refuse to deal with the disrespect. In my day every minute on the field or court was earned. No school = no play. No practice = no play. Bad grades= no play. Most important disrespect to coaches= dismissal from team. It didn't matter how good you were, or who your parents were.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT