ADVERTISEMENT

WHO WILL START AT QB ?

Graves is a baller, his passes are dead on and he is elusive. I think he's a game changer.

Other than just being mobile to evade a rush, he also could be used as a running QB per se.

The choice is clear.

I've heard good things about Graves for a long time, but is it too soon to make a change?

Graves is a baller, his passes are dead on and he is elusive. I think he's a game changer.

Other than just being mobile to evade a rush, he also could be used as a running QB per se.

The choice is clear.

Looks like some campaigning here. I guess some FH faithful love Appel as long as his decisions agree with them.

Frankly, I don't see a huge difference between 15 and 10. I will give 10 credit, he came in with 3:25 left in the game, down two scores and almost had a chance to win. That shows great character.

But what did he actually do. Well, against a Keyser team that was rapidly dropping back to prevent FH from quickly getting behind them Graves had 3 successful runs. Fine. His second snap from center was right between his shoulder blades and hit him in his hands - he muffed it. His first pass was a short one to the sideline. Good that one. His second pass described by the announcers as a "wounded duck" was waited on by the receiver and fortunately caught. His third pass was almost straight into the turf but miraculously held by Brown. And his final pass was to Brown who was virtually standing still and had nobody within 25 yards of him in the endzone... touchdown.

Let me repeat. Graves showed great character and never let the slightest error prevent him from driving forward. Looks like a solid player. But to say his passes are "dead on" is ridiculous. And to demand a quarterback change is only second guessing Appel who knows what he is doing. Maybe he will make a change. But from that performance alone I do not see a reason.

Last edited:
Lags, some of us have been campaigning since the quad for Graves. We have full faith in Appel, but that doesn't mean you can't disagree with a particular decision or that he cannot change his mind. Things change, coaches do not always stick with the Week 1 or Week 2 lineup for the whole year. Seems like you're just lobbing bombs at Red, just to lob bombs.

Last edited:
the change has been made

I think Appel wanted to give 15 a chance as a senior. 10 was also the starting safety so it should be interesting to see what they do there.

Lags, some of us have been campaigning since the quad for Graves. We have full faith in Appel, but that doesn't mean you can't disagree with a particular decision or that he cannot change his mind. Things change, coaches do not always stick with the Week 1 or Week 2 lineup for the whole year. Seems like you're just lobbing bombs at Red, just to lob bombs.

I give my opinion about Alco which so far this year is about 50/50 favorable to unfavorable. I state with stats and specific observations why I made those assessments. I looked at the second half of the game again and made my observations regarding Graves. Your comment about him being "dead on" is more full of it than it is full of it.

I do like reading your posts. In fact, they interest me enough to respond. I am sorry you feel I am just lobbing bombs. Look, if Appel makes the change now, fine. I would suspect it has been in his mind for a while. Since the streak is gone, why not go with a younger guy who shows promise and will only get better. That would make sense to me too. But I certainly would not make the decision based on the three minutes I saw.

You will deny this too, but if Imes were the quarterback for FH you would be raving about his ability and how he adds a dimension that FH has not had in years. But he's not, so your yet-to-be-proven-guy is the best in your mind after a few completed passes (one wobbly and one literally snatched out of the dirt), 1 muffed snap and a few runs. I am sure he will be fine, in fact great for your program - but so far he hasn't proven it, while Imes is beginning to stake a claim as the areas best.

Lags, I will chime in and say those of us who saw 15 and 10 at the quad knew the clear best option at QB1 and that was 10. He is much more mobile and athletic and brings a different skill set to the game than 15. My observation is not just from Friday, but based on what I have seen since the quad. Many of my FH counterparts outside of this message board agree and cannot see a reason to turn back to 15 now.

Lags, I will chime in and say those of us who saw 15 and 10 at the quad knew the clear best option at QB1 and that was 10. He is much more mobile and athletic and brings a different skill set to the game than 15. My observation is not just from Friday, but based on what I have seen since the quad. Many of my FH counterparts outside of this message board agree and cannot see a reason to turn back to 15 now.

I actually became aware of some chatter about that myself sometime back and expected a change. My only issue is the fanboy type stuff which attempts to ordain him king of quarterback hill after three minutes of football.

I don't think anyone is ready to be ordained. That's good stuff. It may be a better fit for FH. Only the future will sort out who top gun is. Let's just see everyone stay healthy. That will make me happy.

I don't think anyone is ready to be ordained. That's good stuff. It may be a better fit for FH. Only the future will sort out who top gun is. Let's just see everyone stay healthy. That will make me happy.

Me happy too.... ugh, Brown with 17 carries and returning punts. You need some cupcakes on the schedule.

Again, I am basing my opinion on what I saw from him previously as a JV quarterback, I understand that's not the same level but his athleticism and ability to extend plays really stuck out at that level. Then came the Quad. He was so impressive he literally became the talk of the Quad, THE TALK, among fans young and old. He just really, realy stuck out, he just seems to have another gear the other option(s) don't. I don't think there's a crisis at QB by any means, but I submit the promise showed bu Graves and the fact you'll have him for 2 years makes it a solid move.

#7 should go to safety and #4 back to linebacker where he started August 13th.
# 7 didn't suit up until 5 days into practice it's no wonder he looks a little rusty. # 4 and # 20 have been playing LB together since Patriots and were a force to be reckoned with. Agree a change should be made there.

I think that we are going to see several changes for FH tonight. But don't get upset, it's just Todd's way. Personally, I think that FH's line is ahead of last years, but I'd almost bet dollars to donuts that it will be different from last week, and next week will be different again. Todd likes to use and look at a lot of kids early so with some exception of course, starting positions are open weekly. It's tough for the kids to go out and win a position weekly but it does make them better. It probably is the difference between FH and most of the other schools in the area. Not to pick on the other schools but I was told Alco's and MR's starting line up last spring. While we knew some of the starters at FH, other positions weren't, and still aren't locked down. Last year, FH's starting line wasn't established until after the SO game. That was around mid season. So while we talk about changes, lets remember that this is something that Todd and his coaching staff does. While it creates debate, it really isn't out of the norm, or a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT