ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the first Black QB

I know Devin Lee was the QB the last time they played Martinsburg in a series. FH won the game here and he played great. I remember Dave Walker after the game personally walking up to him and shaking his hand.

Who was the 1st Black QB to start at Fort Hill?
Why does it matter, especially in a community that has a small black population? If the area was 96 percent black and there was never a black QB then there would probably be an issue. Why can't the current QB just be given credit for being a good FH QB who has shown growth, maybe even one of the best? What does his race matter? He is not the first anyway.

Why does it matter, especially in a community that has a small black population? If the area was 96 percent black and there was never a black QB then there would probably be an issue. Why can't the current QB just be given credit for being a good FH QB who has shown growth, maybe even one of the best? What does his race matter? He is not the first anyway.
You must live in a bubble. The very fact that we have a small Black population is why it is important. Turn on the television and all they point out is: "the first black coach....the first Black nominee....the first Black to win an Academy Award..." Especially for Fort Hill that has had a football team for, how many years!?!?! I think that Alco had a starting Black QB in the 70's but forget his name

Reactions: bigsavage
You must live in a bubble. The very fact that we have a small Black population is why it is important. Turn on the television and all they point out is: "the first black coach....the first Black nominee....the first Black to win an Academy Award..." Especially for Fort Hill that has had a football team for, how many years!?!?! I think that Alco had a starting Black QB in the 70's but forget his name
Well, I will remember this kid for his accomplishments as an athlete with really no QB experience who earned a starting spot on a state championship team, who throws the ball as smooth as seen by any FH QB and runs multiple sets with ease, as opposed to his skin color. This isn’t the 1960’s-70’s. Focusing on his skin color is identify politics. He is excellent because of his accomplishments this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4R341 and Red Dude
Well, I will remember this kid for his accomplishments as an athlete with really no QB experience who earned a starting spot on a state championship team, who throws the ball as smooth as seen by any FH QB and runs multiple sets with ease, as opposed to his skin color. This isn’t the 1960’s-70’s. Focusing on his skin color is identify politics. He is excellent because of his accomplishments this year.
And you are taking away his accomplishment if you neglect to recognize this....considering that Fort Hill has had a football team for going on 100 years (???) and he is the first!!!

RAIDERS 1ST BLACK QB,COACH&1ST LATINO COACH&1ST FEMALE CEO & NOW BLACK COACH GM CEO! BLM RAIDERNATION!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT