ADVERTISEMENT

What time do the gates open? Catoctin vs Forthill

jeremiah_sl_21

Junior Varsity Reader
Feb 3, 2004
I’ve looked on Maryland’s site but can’t find anything other then the games start times?

Catoctin High School Sport Boosters
47 mins ·
Dear Football Fans,

Friday night's Catoctin vs. Fort Hill football game promises to be one of the great games in CHS football history. We are looking forward to a well-played game with a huge crowd to support both teams. As the hosts for this big event, Catoctin High School's administration and staff look forward to providing a welcoming and safe environment for all of the fans who plan to attend the game. While we can't make our parking lot or our stadium bigger, we have put much planning into how we can maximize the space that we have and can facilitate the safe and orderly arrival, stay, and departure for all of the spectators.

To that end, a few details and suggestions:

Remember that sportsmanship and safety are our highest priorities. Our efforts all surround these goals.
Fans are encouraged to carpool.
Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the gate (see the details below regarding ticket sales).
Our fan seating will be divided in half, with equal areas designated for Fort Hill and Catoctin fans. We ask you to follow the directions of our staff who will help guide fans to the appropriate sections. In addition to our bleacher seating, fans are welcome to bring blankets and/or chairs to sit on the hill adjacent to each school's bleacher seating (some argue these are the best seats in the stadium).
We look forward to a great game cheered on by an enthusiastic and sportsmanlike crowd. We appreciate the support and the positive environment that fans from both schools will create for our players and coaches.

Sincerely,

Jen Clements

Principal, Catoctin High School

Playoff Announcement and Information:

The Catoctin Cougars Football team has advanced to the MPSSAA 1A Semifinal Playoff game. They play this Friday, November 29 at HOME against Fort Hill. Game time is 7pm and tickets cost $8 for everyone except those with MPSSAA passes and children under 7 years of age. Come out and support the Cougars! Advance tickets for the event can be purchased through GoFan at https://gofan.co/app/events/76730

Game day information:

Gates will open at 5pm. No entry before 5pm to reserve seats.
Handicapped/elderly parking is available on a first come/ first served basis
Shuttle service will not be provided
Carpooling is recommended as a large crowd is expected
Tailgating is not permitted
2 lines will be in place for access to the stadium.
MPSSAA passes/ advance ticket sales / exact cash
All other sales
Stadium reminders:

The following items are prohibited from being brought into the stadium or gymnasium. We do not have a bag check or holding area; please plan to store these items in your vehicle:

Backpacks, string bags or large purses
Athletic equipment (sticks, helmets, balls, etc.)
Any food, beverages, or food and beverage containers
Skateboards and Bicycles
Pets - unless they are service animals
Parking and Event Guidelines:

Per FCPS policy, if you choose to leave the stadium, you must pay to re-enter the event.
The use of tobacco, including chewing tobacco, and vaping, is prohibited on FCPS school property.
Good Sportsmanship is an expectation. Spectator behavior is expected to be one that is respectful of the student athletes and performance groups, officials, staff, and other spectators. Behavior not in line with these expectations may result in removal from the venue.
All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.

No shuttle. Seems odd that they would do that for other games but not one that is supposed to be crowded. but anyhoo. I'm still looking forward to a great evening

This announcement is disheartening. The worst part about this stadium is parking according to Catoctin people. There are roughly 150 parking spots at the school. I sent a friend to the stadium on Sunday and his report was be prepared to walk up to 1 or 1.5 miles on a main highway from where you park. There is no parking on the freeway in front of the school nor is there much space through out the community. The fact they are not providing a shuttle service from a mile away is not good.

Divide the seats in half? There are less seats available than what the FH gymnasium has to offer. There will be no seating. So if you are an elderly person be prepared to sit on a grass hill the last day of November or if you are lucky they may find a spot up top to squeeze in a folding chair.

I handled this situation with some dignity but at this point I am unequivocally stating that Catoctin should NOT be able to host this event. It does not come close to providing adequate parking, seating and handicap accessibility. This letter response is general and says nothing other than a reminder that general admission tickets can be bought in advance and bring a blanket to sit on.

I know that teams earn home field advantage; however, so do teams in every other MPSSAA sanctioned sport yet football is the only sport where the semifinals are not played at a neutral site. I wouldn't mind traveling to a neutral location for a semifinal game, especially if both semifinal games were played at the same location back to back (most likely on a Saturday), just like every other sport.

With that being said, the rules are what the rules are currently and I can understand why Catoctin would fight tooth and nail against moving this game because if they have one small advantage, its getting Fort Hill off the turf. However, I think TJ would be a great option for a neutral site venue, only a few miles from Thurmont, plenty of seating, tons of parking and still grass. And at the risk of sounding like a jerk, the grass is probably in pretty good shape considering no football was played on it this year.

I know that teams earn home field advantage; however, so do teams in every other MPSSAA sanctioned sport yet football is the only sport where the semifinals are not played at a neutral site. I wouldn't mind traveling to a neutral location for a semifinal game, especially if both semifinal games were played at the same location back to back (most likely on a Saturday), just like every other sport.

With that being said, the rules are what the rules are currently and I can understand why Catoctin would fight tooth and nail against moving this game because if they have one small advantage, its getting Fort Hill off the turf. However, I think TJ would be a great option for a neutral site venue, only a few miles from Thurmont, plenty of seating, tons of parking and still grass. And at the risk of sounding like a jerk, the grass is probably in pretty good shape considering no football was played on it this year.
I didnt even think about TJ as a neutral sight. That is absolutely brilliant even though they wont go with it

It’s ridiculous that Catoctin won’t propose to move the game to another stadium in Frederick County. A crazy idea for parking. Ray is taking a fan bus down maybe he can use his bus since it will be there and shuttle FH fans from parking to the stadium. For .50 cent a person he could make extra money and the FH fans will have a shuttle

This announcement is disheartening. The worst part about this stadium is parking according to Catoctin people. There are roughly 150 parking spots at the school. I sent a friend to the stadium on Sunday and his report was be prepared to walk up to 1 or 1.5 miles on a main highway from where you park. There is no parking on the freeway in front of the school nor is there much space through out the community. The fact they are not providing a shuttle service from a mile away is not good.

Divide the seats in half? There are less seats available than what the FH gymnasium has to offer. There will be no seating. So if you are an elderly person be prepared to sit on a grass hill the last day of November or if you are lucky they may find a spot up top to squeeze in a folding chair.

I handled this situation with some dignity but at this point I am unequivocally stating that Catoctin should NOT be able to host this event. It does not come close to providing adequate parking, seating and handicap accessibility. This letter response is general and says nothing other than a reminder that general admission tickets can be bought in advance and bring a blanket to sit on.

150 parking spots minus the students, faculty, etc. that wont move all day to attend the game.

The only thing that would really be a push to have moved it would've been accessibility issues. I think not doing the shuttle is a direct slam to make things all the more difficult. I dont have an overall problem with the game being there or the limited regular seating. But the parking, moreover accessibility factor, is significant.

This is The Part I see as a Problem:
Our fan seating will be divided in half, with equal areas designated for Fort Hill and Catoctin fans.

The MPSSAA Says there is No Reserved Seats, First Come first served but yet they think they are gonna tell people they have to sit in a certain area? if there is 200 people in line at 3pm and they are from FH and get in first are they gonna tell half of them that they have to move as those half of the seats are reserved for Catoctin People??
This Could get really ugly down there Friday Night, I will stay home where it's warm and watch it on the Live Stream because this could be really ugly to me and when they take the ass kicking they are about to receive it will only get worse.
from reading in the past from their other big games and playoff games they provided shuttles and they are not going to for this game tells me they are planning on reserving seats for Catoctin people and making it hard as hell for FH people to even attend the game. I for one Hope FH Smacks them in the mouth all night long and if given the chance I hope FH pours it on instead of taking their foot of the gas.

Would people stop saying that please. It just happened this year Allegany, Mountain Ridge, etc didn’t win games they normally win so FH didn’t get points from the teams they beat. Catoctin also has one loss

Reactions: 52 to victory
I have no problem with FH having to travel to Catoctin or wherever. I don't care about the actual field. The problem is that no one at the school has told the fans traveling where to park. All they released was NO SHUTTLE SERVICE and limited parking and limited handicap access first come/first serve.

No one from FH knows what to do. FH has never played here.

I'm fine with Catoctin hosting and they admit how small the facility is. FINE, but you have to do more due diligence when hosting this type of thing in regards to directing traffic instead of just waiting to see if there is a cluster freak the day of the game. Here is what should have been released with that letter:

1) Here is where people need to park when the school lot fills
2) We will provide shuttle service from these places
3) Here is handicap parking
4) Here is handicap seating - call this # to reserved handicap seating
5) Here is what fans can expect that use folding chairs - where to put them.

Instead here is what they told our AD: Your fans need to come on a bus or heavily car pool. OK, we got it. But where do people still park? Geez. How can people get handicap access? Geez. It's not that difficult.

They are planning on sticking it up Allegany Counties read end. Seriously I think FH will win this easily but they are doing everything they can to keep FH people away and making it miserable for all that attend.
What they can't control is the score.
Honestly listen to the TV/radio broadcast from last year, these people are sour. We have 3 teams in the playoffs and Allegany County can't say that. Well No Shit, there is only 3 Allegany County Schools.
They honestly believe they are the favorite in this game. They are making their second playoff since 2013, their last one ended 55-6 at Greenway Ave. so their coach doesn't know how to win, they were a 1 loss team last year when they came up to Greenway to get smacked around, they ade mistake after mistake and looked like a Deer in headlights in 2018........ put them down and FINISH THEM!!!!
This is War... and I hope Fort Hill Treats it as such and smacks these people all around that little cornfield they are playing on Friday night.!!
GO BIG RED!!!

In all fairness to Catoctin, with regards to parking, the on site parking (i.e. parking spots physically on the school grounds) is comparable to Fort Hill and just a quick look at Google, may actually be a little more than Fort Hill. Its been a long time since I have been to Catoctin for a game so I cannot say yes or no to them providing shuttles for other games, but I highly doubt they have done this in the past. Frankly, places to put a large number of cars in the town of Thurmont are few and far between, outside of 1 or 2 small shopping centers, and my guess is they do not want game traffic taking up their parking lot anyways.

There is a pretty large subdivision across the street from the school (turn left onto Rouzer Ln) and that is probably your best bet once the school lot is full. Those should be public roadways so as long as you aren't blocking anyone's driveway or a fire hydrant, I don't think they can stop you from parking there. You will have to cross 550 but there is a crosswalk and a sidewalk up to the school. There is also area to park along 550 between Sheetz and the school (not a ton of space but some). There is also a sidewalk all along there that runs up to the school as well.

Now the facilities themselves, that's a whole different topic.

In all fairness to Catoctin, with regards to parking, the on site parking (i.e. parking spots physically on the school grounds) is comparable to Fort Hill and just a quick look at Google, may actually be a little more than Fort Hill. Its been a long time since I have been to Catoctin for a game so I cannot say yes or no to them providing shuttles for other games, but I highly doubt they have done this in the past. Frankly, places to put a large number of cars in the town of Thurmont are few and far between, outside of 1 or 2 small shopping centers, and my guess is they do not want game traffic taking up their parking lot anyways.

There is a pretty large subdivision across the street from the school (turn left onto Rouzer Ln) and that is probably your best bet once the school lot is full. Those should be public roadways so as long as you aren't blocking anyone's driveway or a fire hydrant, I don't think they can stop you from parking there. You will have to cross 550 but there is a crosswalk and a sidewalk up to the school. There is also area to park along 550 between Sheetz and the school (not a ton of space but some). There is also a sidewalk all along there that runs up to the school as well.

Now the facilities themselves, that's a whole different topic.
My thoughts exactly!

They are 29-5 over their last three seasons. So I think the coach knows how to win just fine. This is the same coach that lead them to a 14-0 record and a state championship in 09.

Is Catocitn consistently at the top level of 1a every season? No, but nobody is except FH and Dunbar. Over the last 3 seasons though Catoctin has been near the top of the second group of teams behind them.

Frankly man, a majority of you FH faithful seem concerned. Why do I say this when you all have said nothing but we are going to blow them out? The other crap you all are saying. "They don't want us there" "They are making it hard for us to come". What? Sounds like you guys are grasping at straws trying to find something to make sure your team is fired up and ready to go. Franky I don't understand the statements. How does we wont have a shuttle equate to they dont want you here? It makes zero sense. They have never had a shuttle for games. Anybody who wants to come just has to get in a car and drive on down. EVERYBODY is going to have trouble parking, not just FH fans. EVERYBODY is going to struggle finding a seat, not just FH fans. So dude quit the boohooing, get in your car Friday afternoon and come down and enjoy, contrary to what you believe, a good football game.

ironically some of the most vocal about the situation down there Friday night arent even FH fans

They are 29-5 over their last three seasons. So I think the coach knows how to win just fine. This is the same coach that lead them to a 14-0 record and a state championship in 09.

Is Catocitn consistently at the top level of 1a every season? No, but nobody is except FH and Dunbar. Over the last 3 seasons though Catoctin has been near the top of the second group of teams behind them.

Frankly man, a majority of you FH faithful seem concerned. Why do I say this when you all have said nothing but we are going to blow them out? The other crap you all are saying. "They don't want us there" "They are making it hard for us to come". What? Sounds like you guys are grasping at straws trying to find something to make sure your team is fired up and ready to go. Franky I don't understand the statements. How does we wont have a shuttle equate to they dont want you here? It makes zero sense. They have never had a shuttle for games. Anybody who wants to come just has to get in a car and drive on down. EVERYBODY is going to have trouble parking, not just FH fans. EVERYBODY is going to struggle finding a seat, not just FH fans. So dude quit the boohooing, get in your car Friday afternoon and come down and enjoy, contrary to what you believe, a good football game.
I couldn’t agree more!

Totally agree. How dare Catoctin and their fans have the audacity to actually believe they can win the game! How crazy is it that they should want to play a game at home rather than at a neutral site?
Yes, I understand that their place is small. Yes, I understand that for this game their parking will be lacking. I understand that Catoctin does not have the facilities of Greenway. And you will say, " Then move it to a nearby field that can accommodate everyone easily." Then I must ask how Big Red Nation would feel if they had decided even one of the past playoff games from Greenway to Mt Ridge because they had better turf? Allegany County Schools are very fortunate in that they just happen to have the 2 best football facilities hands down in 1A west. It's easy to look down your nose at the other places when you are used to the best.
I see response that "This is War..." and he hopes "Fort Hill treats it as such..." "smacking them around their little cornfield". I usually enjoy reading BigDawg's postings as he often adds some interesting info, but it is this arrogant attitude that often makes it exceedingly difficult for those of us who aren't usual fans to support FH. I always find myself pulling for any team from the west bringing a title back to our area, but I can also appreciate the fact that Catoctin has worked hard this year as well, and their players and fans want to win just as badly. And... they want to preserve any advantage that may help them achieve that.. understandable.

Totally agree. How dare Catoctin and their fans have the audacity to actually believe they can win the game! How crazy is it that they should want to play a game at home rather than at a neutral site?
Yes, I understand that their place is small. Yes, I understand that for this game their parking will be lacking. I understand that Catoctin does not have the facilities of Greenway. And you will say, " Then move it to a nearby field that can accommodate everyone easily." Then I must ask how Big Red Nation would feel if they had decided even one of the past playoff games from Greenway to Mt Ridge because they had better turf? Allegany County Schools are very fortunate in that they just happen to have the 2 best football facilities hands down in 1A west. It's easy to look down your nose at the other places when you are used to the best.
I see response that "This is War..." and he hopes "Fort Hill treats it as such..." "smacking them around their little cornfield". I usually enjoy reading BigDawg's postings as he often adds some interesting info, but it is this arrogant attitude that often makes it exceedingly difficult for those of us who aren't usual fans to support FH. I always find myself pulling for any team from the west bringing a title back to our area, but I can also appreciate the fact that Catoctin has worked hard this year as well, and their players and fans want to win just as badly. And... they want to preserve any advantage that may help them achieve that.. understandable.
In all fairness. I don't believe the main beef being made is about the field itself. It's about accessibility, which is I think is pretty reasonable

No shit thats why you play to win

My Posts was heated for sure, for 2 days I've read on Facebook How This Team is going to beat FH and this and that. People talking about how we are lucky to have a Stadium that was totally funded by The State and that we have nothing in Cumberland but a Drug Opioid problem and trash.

Catoctin People Stated that they have had big games and other events at the stadium before and with the very limited seating and parking that they have ran shuttles to local shopping centers in the past, they come out with a School Announcement saying they will NOT Have Shuttles.
They Post that they are dividing the seats in 1/2 for each of the 2 Schools fans, I just smell something fishy.
I am more mad that the MPSSAA is so horrible and behind the times and how smaller poorer states like WV is so much ahead of us in the way they handle sports Championships and really the whole system.
In MD we have a goofy playoff system with regions that mean nothing as the teams don't even play each other. We have Sports where every team makes the playoffs because participation Trophies are a big thing these days. WV can send teams on 8-9 road trips but in MD 2-4 hours is just too far to go.
They have a very nice State Basketball and Football Championship in WV and in MD they rent out big places like Ravens Stadium or Navy Stadium and the place is empty and has no real feel to it. They have Real Media Sessions with the players and Coaches and give the kids Trophies, in MD they give these kids a $5 Medal. In WV they have approved Stadiums to Host Playoff Games, where they make sure the seating, lockerrooms, Restrooms Parking and such meet their standards and yet in Maryland they allow teams to host games with lockerroms 300 yards away in the School, Some with Bleachers on 1 side, some schools with no seating area at all and some places have no parking.
Sometimes I see it as so bad that there is so many great Stadiums all over the State that I'm not sure why they don't look at having host sites for these games and the state would make so much more money off of it as we all know the way they are doing the playoffs and cutting the regular season down to 9 games is All About Money.

FACEBOOK COMMENTS and Yes I understand Comments come from both sides but these are from Catoctin People

Other Comments:
hell do u all have around there a good stadium thats about it every thing else looks ran down maybe section 8 possibly

isn’t your town the slums?

that’s a stadium that will be empty Friday because you didn’t earn home field advantage so it doesn’t matter how nice you think it is

I’ve got nothing! Years of following the message boards told me this would be the reaction. Too bad they didn’t get far enough in 2009 to travel to Thurmont

The world only revolves around FH football in Cumberland. And I repeat.....it’s a good thing that they are relevant year in and year out. Otherwise there would be nothing worth talking about in Cumberland. You keep wanting to talk shit. Here’s a news flash for ya......I don’t give a shit! As a matter of fact, I am quite proud that my sons team would have kicked the shit out of FH.

Ok yes Forthill has a impressive stadium but no parking. Last year I drove 3 hours to watch my boy and his team play Forthill there was NO PARKING For the Catoctin fans. We sat in with Forthill fans, listen to our boys getting hazed, by the way hazing is bullying and against school policy, and the parents and student fans were treated very poorly. And not once did the Catoctin fans whine, cry or complain. Get over it. By the way I hope to god it does rain after watch Forthill players tip toe though water puddles so they wont get wet or dirty because our boys can handle getting a little dirty to play a game they love.

from the sounds of these comments they don't travel...I think I read they haven't had an away game since 2010.

bands aren’t supposed to travel to away games ... and there’s two big hills for a reason

you should just stay home so your loss does not hurt so much.

There’s probably enough room at Catoctin for *all seventeen* Fort Hill fans

Catoctin gonna whip that ass! Hope you get there early to get. Seat to watch!

Keep in mind Catoctin fans there are only 2 things in Cumberland. Drugs and Football.

My Posts was heated for sure, for 2 days I've read on Facebook How This Team is going to beat FH and this and that. People talking about how we are lucky to have a Stadium that was totally funded by The State and that we have nothing in Cumberland but a Drug Opioid problem and trash.

Catoctin People Stated that they have had big games and other events at the stadium before and with the very limited seating and parking that they have ran shuttles to local shopping centers in the past, they come out with a School Announcement saying they will NOT Have Shuttles.
They Post that they are dividing the seats in 1/2 for each of the 2 Schools fans, I just smell something fishy.
I am more mad that the MPSSAA is so horrible and behind the times and how smaller poorer states like WV is so much ahead of us in the way they handle sports Championships and really the whole system.
In MD we have a goofy playoff system with regions that mean nothing as the teams don't even play each other. We have Sports where every team makes the playoffs because participation Trophies are a big thing these days. WV can send teams on 8-9 road trips but in MD 2-4 hours is just too far to go.
They have a very nice State Basketball and Football Championship in WV and in MD they rent out big places like Ravens Stadium or Navy Stadium and the place is empty and has no real feel to it. They have Real Media Sessions with the players and Coaches and give the kids Trophies, in MD they give these kids a $5 Medal. In WV they have approved Stadiums to Host Playoff Games, where they make sure the seating, lockerrooms, Restrooms Parking and such meet their standards and yet in Maryland they allow teams to host games with lockerroms 300 yards away in the School, Some with Bleachers on 1 side, some schools with no seating area at all and some places have no parking.
Sometimes I see it as so bad that there is so many great Stadiums all over the State that I'm not sure why they don't look at having host sites for these games and the state would make so much more money off of it as we all know the way they are doing the playoffs and cutting the regular season down to 9 games is All About Money.

FACEBOOK COMMENTS and Yes I understand Comments come from both sides but these are from Catoctin People

Other Comments:
hell do u all have around there a good stadium thats about it every thing else looks ran down maybe section 8 possibly

that’s a stadium that will be empty Friday because you didn’t earn home field advantage so it doesn’t matter how nice you think it is

I’ve got nothing! Years of following the message boards told me this would be the reaction. Too bad they didn’t get far enough in 2009 to travel to Thurmont

The world only revolves around FH football in Cumberland. And I repeat.....it’s a good thing that they are relevant year in and year out. Otherwise there would be nothing worth talking about in Cumberland. You keep wanting to talk shit. Here’s a news flash for ya......I don’t give a shit! As a matter of fact, I am quite proud that my sons team would have kicked the shit out of FH.

Ok yes Forthill has a impressive stadium but no parking. Last year I drove 3 hours to watch my boy and his team play Forthill there was NO PARKING For the Catoctin fans. We sat in with Forthill fans, listen to our boys getting hazed, by the way hazing is bullying and against school policy, and the parents and student fans were treated very poorly. And not once did the Catoctin fans whine, cry or complain. Get over it. By the way I hope to god it does rain after watch Forthill players tip toe though water puddles so they wont get wet or dirty because our boys can handle getting a little dirty to play a game they love.

from the sounds of these comments they don't travel...I think I read they haven't had an away game since 2010.

bands aren’t supposed to travel to away games ... and there’s two big hills for a reason

Keep in mind Catoctin fans there are only 2 things in Cumberland. Drugs and Football.
Ironically allot of the drugs in Cumberland came out of frederick county

That's a kick in the nads. I guess it's too late to get an extra bus or so. I guess its the marketing in me... Hell, I'd get a stadium pizza promo bus (cook up a bunch of pizza's right before leaving) and charge for the ride and pizza. Store your seats/blankets in the hold and off you go. Discharge folks at the game and have the bus go elsewhere and wait out the game.

Anyhow. Life ain't fair and neither is this. Best of luck to the team and those who go and endure.

Other Comments:

Folks should resent the trash comment. Cumberland ain't Baltimore.

Other Comments:

So basically the same thing they say about Cumberland, people on here say about Baltimore, including you. (Literally as I typed this, Lag proved the point.) And do you want to post some of the stuff people up here are saying about Catoctin, to let their fans see?
If high school playoffs are this important to you, move the two miles south it will take you to reach west virginia.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsavage
Folks should resent the trash comment. Cumberland ain't Baltimore.
Then folks should probably do something to change the trash town. Baltimore ain't Cumberland... It just supports it completely because Cumberland is too poor to pay for anything itself.

Then folks should probably do something to change the trash town. Baltimore ain't Cumberland... It just supports it completely because Cumberland is too poor to pay for anything itself.
Maybe you should run for mayor

So basically the same thing they say about Cumberland, people on here say about Baltimore, including you. (Literally as I typed this, Lag proved the point.) And do you want to post some of the stuff people up here are saying about Catoctin, to let their fans see?
If high school playoffs are this important to you, move the two miles south it will take you to reach west virginia.

in Cumberland we have an Opioid problem that happens everywhere but the problems in Cumberland started when the Prisons were built and brought many with problems to the area because it was cheaper to live here and be close to family members in prison and they just settled here and can make a good living selling to locals and killing them as well. Check out the Police Log every day and see how many are from Baltimore Area and Not Locals

Baltimore city
is the 21st-highest-income Maryland location by income per capita ($25,062)

Baltimore Schools? According to data obtained by WMAR-2 News, more than 2500 teachers have voluntarily left the school district over the course of the last three years.

These two educators are talking about their own school. Northwood Appold Community Academy II, or NACA II.

“I think the enrollment rate of the mice is higher than the students.”

“The truth needed to be told about what was going on with the children.”

They asked us to disguise their identities because they are worried speaking out may come with consequences and retaliation.

“Fear. Basically,” one of the teachers explained. “Fear of tarnishing my reputation. They are known for causing trouble.”

That is a fear only matched by the threat these educators say they faced every day inside the building.

“It’s violent in there,” the teacher stated.

“Every day there’s three or four fights in the school. Fires are being set,” recalled the other. “One student threw a book at a teacher and hit her in the eye.”

Project Baltimore analyzed school surveys for NACA II, which are filled out by students. Based on a scale of 1-100, 100 being the best, students are asked a series of questions, including if they feel safe in the classroom.

We also found only 24 percent of students surveyed they would stay at NACA II if given the option to leave.

“It’s a very bad atmosphere,” said the educator. “It’s unhealthy for the students to be there.”

One of the teachers told us of a student who was found with a pound of marijuana in his locker a few weeks before graduation. Project Baltimore isn’t identifying the student because disciple records are sealed. But we did find a lengthy criminal record for him outside of school. He is currently awaiting trial on 32 felony and misdemeanor charges related to armed carjacking last November. He’s out on $250,000 bail. Yet, he was allowed back in the school and walked at graduation.

b63d532658c2cd81b14de425dc73cf64.jpg

west-baltimore-vacant.jpg

President Trump Called it a Rat Infested Shit hole.... well Because it is

The Streets are Not Safe to Walk on let alone be having High School Sporting Events.

Hell I was at an Orioles Game a few years back and leaving to the parking lot there was 100's of rats running like a Parade and The locals said that's normal..... oh no the hell it's not normal
it may happen and you might be used to to it but there's nothing normal about it.

We had The Baltimore Riots a few years ago and we had to send in the National Guard to try to clean up the streets and they were told to stand down and allow the thugs to do whatever they wanted including beating on Police Cars, stomping on them as well because The Mayor was afraid to hurt their feelings...

Well.... drugs are rampant. It's a prison town. I offer that up every now and then. I just haven't seen the piles of trash in and around even the abandoned homes.... maybe some uncut grass.

Then again, I only get up there a couple/three times a year and don't exactly go driving around looking for problems. Bottom line to me: Cumberland is a town that sustains three small high schools. One gave up football. One had football give up on them.... and one is a football school. Be proud of what you got I guess.

in Cumberland we have an Opioid problem that happens everywhere but the problems in Cumberland started when the Prisons were built and brought many with problems to the area because it was cheaper to live here and be close to family members in prison and they just settled here and can make a good living selling to locals and killing them as well. Check out the Police Log every day and see how many are from Baltimore Area and Not Locals

Baltimore city

Baltimore Schools? According to data obtained by WMAR-2 News, more than 2500 teachers have voluntarily left the school district over the course of the last three years.

These two educators are talking about their own school. Northwood Appold Community Academy II, or NACA II.

They asked us to disguise their identities because they are worried speaking out may come with consequences and retaliation.

“Fear. Basically,” one of the teachers explained. “Fear of tarnishing my reputation. They are known for causing trouble.”

That is a fear only matched by the threat these educators say they faced every day inside the building.

“Every day there’s three or four fights in the school. Fires are being set,” recalled the other. “One student threw a book at a teacher and hit her in the eye.”

Project Baltimore analyzed school surveys for NACA II, which are filled out by students. Based on a scale of 1-100, 100 being the best, students are asked a series of questions, including if they feel safe in the classroom.

We also found only 24 percent of students surveyed they would stay at NACA II if given the option to leave.

“It’s a very bad atmosphere,” said the educator. “It’s unhealthy for the students to be there.”

One of the teachers told us of a student who was found with a pound of marijuana in his locker a few weeks before graduation. Project Baltimore isn’t identifying the student because disciple records are sealed. But we did find a lengthy criminal record for him outside of school. He is currently awaiting trial on 32 felony and misdemeanor charges related to armed carjacking last November. He’s out on $250,000 bail. Yet, he was allowed back in the school and walked at graduation.

The Streets are Not Safe to Walk on let alone be having High School Sporting Events.

Hell I was at an Orioles Game a few years back and leaving to the parking lot there was 100's of rats running like a Parade and The locals said that's normal..... oh no the hell it's not normal
it may happen and you might be used to to it but there's nothing normal about it.

We had The Baltimore Riots a few years ago and we had to send in the National Guard to try to clean up the streets and they were told to stand down and allow the thugs to do whatever they wanted including beating on Police Cars, stomping on them as well because The Mayor was afraid to hurt their feelings...

Not to mention the billions for improvement that disappeared just the other year. Nobody seems interested to find out why. Also, most cities that size have 9k government employees. Baltimore has 30k... or so I have read.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
Well.... drugs are rampant. It's a prison town. I offer that up every now and then. I just haven't seen the piles of trash in and around even the abandoned homes.... maybe some uncut grass.

Then again, I only get up there a couple/three times a year and don't exactly go driving around looking for problems. Bottom line to me: Cumberland is a town that sustains three small high schools. One gave up football. One had football give up on them.... and one is a football school. Be proud of what you got I guess.
And what we got is paid for by Baltimore

You would think with all that money they get they would clean up the streets and the schools.

BALTIMORE (WBFF) - Billions of dollars in federal aid is pouring into Baltimore City every year according to the government website USASPENDING.gov.

According to the website, the state of Maryland received $71.8 billion of federal aid in fiscal year 2018.

Baltimore City received $5.44 billion of federal aid in contracts, grants, and other financial assistance in fiscal year 2018 according to the website.

Baltimore City is just part of Elijah Cummings 7th congressional district.

According to the government website, Cummings' district received more than $9 billion last year alone and more than $15 billion total in the past two years.

David Williams with the Taxpayers Protection Alliance says the city gets a lot of federal assistance each year.

“Baltimore over the past five years has received $900 million in just operating and capital expenses that doesn’t include the billions of dollars going to the different agencies,” he said. “For example $1.1 billion has gone toward the housing authority in Baltimore.”

Williams can’t confirm if money has been mishandled in Baltimore City, but believes the problem lies with our city leaders.

“Baltimore has received a lot of federal money over the last five years. The problems in Baltimore is not for lack of money it’s for lack of leadership,” he said

Baltimore city

Baltimore is responsible for 60% of the entire GDP of Maryland. Allegany has received more government funding from the state than any almost any other county in the state. That new school on Haystack. More money came from Baltimore than came from Cumberland to build it.

The people in Catoctin were calling Cumberland a shithole because it is.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/05/07/poorest-cities-in-every-state-in-the-us/39431283/

And not just state... we are famously poor on a national level, ranking 370 out of 384 metropolitan areas in the country.
Baltimore had a GDP of 192 billion in 2017. Cumberland had a gdp of 3 billion.

https://www.bea.gov/news/2018/gross-domestic-product-metropolitan-area-2017

There are literally places in Cumberland I wont even drive through. We cant even have markets open at night because the crime is just way too high. Is it Baltimore, no, but does Cumberland have an awful crime rate? Absolutely.
We are literally only safer than 1% of cities in the US.

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/md/cumberland/crime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT